Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth Taylor

Forever-27 Guest
    Jesus I thought shed never friggin die. Of all the people that should have died years ago ..... well she sure had staying power if nothing else.

Godspeed, Elizabeth. *sniff*
    I have to pull out "My love affair with jewelry"
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Cat_AmmaKittehKat Guest
    I know its really wrong of me but I'm just really excited to have some points on the dead pool bad me!

RIP Liz!
    Last edited by Cat_AmmaKittehKat; 03-23-2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: ma spellin

Rest well Dame Elizabeth.

KristinEileen Guest
    RIP Liz..I will wear White Diamonds in your honor...(even though I hate the way it smells!)

Jacksmum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    RIP Liz..I will wear White Diamonds in your honor...(even though I hate the way it smells!)
    I ditto that, the smell part. I just couldn't wear it, ever.

Hells_Pizza Guest
    I remember when Richard Burton died all the hoo har in the papers that she was fighting with Sally Hay not to have him buried in Switzerland.

I remember me and my sister feeling really sad that she wasn't at MJ's funeral.

I hope there's a fantastic party at her funeral.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KristinEileen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmum View Post
    I ditto that, the smell part. I just couldn't wear it, ever.

Isn't that stuff the worst? My dad picked it out for my mom one Valentine's and she couldn't bring herself to say she hated it. That backfired because he bought her a bottle every year after!! And if you think it stinks fresh, you should smell it when it's ten years old! My nephew sprayed a bottle he found when we were packing that had fallen behind an old armoire. The stink was so bad the poor kid puked!

Should probably watch a Liz movie tonight. Maybe dig out my copy of Suddenly last summer. Ha. Who am I kidding. If I want boyfriend to watch with me, it'll have to be Flintstones!

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    OMG....I cannot wait to read Scott's article on her.

Its going to be epic.

No doubt. The minute my co-worker told me, I went to the FAD home page just to see if anything was up there yet. She was an exceptionally amazing woman!

RIP Liz!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Holy crap, here's some news I didn't expect. This week has been full of unexpected death.

RIP Liz

Rest in Peace Cleo.

she had the most beautiful eyes,another icon gone its a sad day.

jaylene Guest
    What a wonderful life she had. RIP Ms Taylor.

Hellena66 Guest
    wahhhhhh!!!! SOB!!!!!!! RIP Dame Elizabeth!!! A true ICON!

RIP Elizabeth, the last of the greats. I presume she'll be buried at Forest Lawn, Glendale which is where MJ is. As I recall when she went to his service, she said that she'd never seriously thought about that location for her own final resting place, but after seeing how beautiful it is and can be there, she decided it would be a great choice....it'll be interesting to see if that's where she ends up. If so, that means (once again) that fans won't be able to get in to pay their respects and she'll be in an MJ lockdown area....while Forest Lawn IS the most beautiful cemetery in LA, we've discussed on this forum how unfair and paranoid the place is toward the public, the FANS, who made stars out of people like La Liz. In any event, I know wherever she spends eternity, it'll be lovely.

Reecy Guest
    What a sad day. I will miss her. I really hope she gets buried next to Richard Burton but I know she won't.

heaven01uk Guest
    RIP Liz

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BabaBooey View Post
    This makes me sad. I'm young, 33, and I don't like seeing our legends die. It means new generations will have legends like Heidi Montag. <Shudder>
    I hear you! I cringe at the so-called 'celebrities' that are out there nowadays, Speidi and all of the friggin' Kardashians!

So, so sad about this. There are so few of the Hollywood icons left in the world. The woman was a Legend with a capital L. My daughters and I were just watching National Velvet. I just can't get over how beautiful she was. She was truly timeless.

Rest in Peace Liz.. some choose to remember you for your acting or your fickle marriages and love afairs .. I will choose to remember you as a legendary star who worked tirelessly for noble causes.. your help and support with the A.I.D.S. causes/charities was incrediable. Safe travels beautiful lady...

stephenmiller Guest
    Definitely Old School Hollywood. Today's so-called "celebrities" cannot hold a candle next to her. RIP, Liz. Say hi to Dick and Michael for us.

RIP Liz.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

HARLOWNUMBER1 Guest
    My understanding is that Liz will be buried next to her parents at the Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery. Michael Jackson fans have begun to falsely claim that Liz wants to be buried next to him (which isn't possible anyway). Liz has had a plot waiting for her there since her mother died two decades ago.

RIP Liz

Quote Originally Posted by hoorayforhollywood View Post
    RIP Elizabeth, the last of the greats. I presume she'll be buried at Forest Lawn, Glendale which is where MJ is. As I recall when she went to his service, she said that she'd never seriously thought about that location for her own final resting place, but after seeing how beautiful it is and can be there, she decided it would be a great choice....it'll be interesting to see if that's where she ends up. If so, that means (once again) that fans won't be able to get in to pay their respects and she'll be in an MJ lockdown area....while Forest Lawn IS the most beautiful cemetery in LA, we've discussed on this forum how unfair and paranoid the place is toward the public, the FANS, who made stars out of people like La Liz. In any event, I know wherever she spends eternity, it'll be lovely.

RIP Liz Taylor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    If you hear a thunderstorm in a few minutes, it's a safe bet she's already either fighting with or f***king Richard Burton lol

RIP LIZ.
    love it!!!

Liz shall be very missed, great actress, strong woman, and the most beautiful eyes ever! We will miss you Ms. Taylor!

Last edited by Saskia; 03-23-2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: added more text
    Hurry back...hurry back...don't forget to bring your....death certificate!! [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RIP Liz, she had a good innings but sad to know she has departed the world

Sam Guest
    RIP Dear Liz, you were as beautiful on the inside as you were on the outside.

What a beautiful woman.

Found this - she had a near death experience and stopped breathing for several minutes. Here's what she said about it:
    http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/eliz...ience-13201786
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

phirerednga Guest
    So sad, tears are falling all over the world for her today, Miss Taylor will always be remembered for her outstanding work both in film and charity. RIP

Forever Rest in Peace, Elizabeth. I'll have a drink in your honor. Today's Hollywood has nothing on you. You will be missed .

Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    What a sad day. I will miss her. I really hope she gets buried next to Richard Burton but I know she won't.
    That would be ideal, wouldn't it?

I found an article once about how one night like three days after RB's funeral, Elizabeth crept into the cemetery in Celigny where he's buried and had to pay her respects in the middle of the night. How sad that she wasn't allowed to do that before he was in the ground. Sally Hay didn't want the fanfare. F*** HER.

I'm glad she and RB are together again, in whatever way...

RIP to you, E.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What a life she had. No one like her ever. Need to watch Virginia Wolf again (my favorite of hers and Richard). RIP Ms. Taylor.
    Cindy

Oogie Boogie Guest
    As soon as I heard the news, I had to come here with my other Death hag pals.

RIP, Elizabeth.

R.I.P.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by BabaBooey View Post
    This makes me sad. I'm young, 33, and I don't like seeing our legends die. It means new generations will have legends like Heidi Montag. <Shudder>
    The top tabloid/gossip column stars in the 60's were Jackie O, who created a scandal when she married Ari Onaissis and Liz Taylor and Richard Burton.

Liz & Dick were always in the tabs, either for fighting, breaking up or getting back together. Burton was always buying her fabulous jewelry. Never a dull moment with those two, but you really felt they were crazy about each other.

ETA: Link to article about Liz's famous diamonds. This one lists to top ones, including the Krupp & Taylor Burton diamonds, but I recall Burton buying her many other jewels over the years.

http://www.since1910.com/engagement-...ichard-burton/
    Last edited by Demgirl; 03-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.

AllyTheHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    As soon as I heard the news, I had to come here with my other Death hag pals.

RIP, Elizabeth.
    Me, too, Oogie. The news of Liz's death was the first thing that popped up on my screen when I signed on to the Internet, and I had to rush right over here.

Godspeed, Liz. You will be missed.

I had a feeling when I heard congestive heart failure that this was is- that's what my Grandma died of so I know how it goes.

I have Cleopatra on Netflix, I must watch it this weekend in her honor- and Father of the Bride. I love her.

RIP.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

death hag dee Guest
    RIP Ms Taylor

RIP Elizabeth. I loved you in 'A Place In The Sun'.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Tebssis Guest
    What can I say but WOW, I'm shocked. Even though I knew she'd be in the hospital for a couple of months, I thought she'd pull through as she had so many times before! Guess she wanted to beat ZsaZsa to the punch.
    She WAS the epitome of a Hollywood superstar! Loved her work, but loved even more her work for humanitarian causes. To me, she was the ultimate loyal friend (if you don't count stealing your BFs husband ).

RIP Dame Liz. Miss you already!

Rudy's Girl Guest
    RIP Liz. I can't help but think about all the people who might have come for her from the other side....if one believes in that. My sis has been living with congestive heart failure for years which also killed our dad. She knows that in her case this will someday kill her as well. I don't even want to think about it....l love her so. How I wish she could live to be at least 79 like Elizabeth, but I don't think that is meant to be.

slw Guest
    RIP Dame Elizabeth, what an amazing life you had. Godspeed

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Liz, you will never be forgotten.

You gave us hope, courage, and the will to go on--when even the President of the United States ignored us.

Your kind and generous spirit has been an inspiration for decades, and a huge light has gone out in the world today. I am so sad, and yet happy that your struggles are over.

You are, without doubt, in the hands of the angels today.

God Bless You.

From AMFAR:

The board of trustees and staff of amfAR mourn the passing of our beloved Founding International Chairman, Dame Elizabeth Taylor. Dame Elizabeth was without doubt one of the most inspirational figures in the fight against AIDS. She was among the first to speak out on behalf of people living with HIV when others reacted with fear and often outright hostility. For 25 years, Dame Elizabeth has been a passionate advocate of AIDS research, treatment and care. She has testified eloquently on Capitol Hill, while raising millions of dollars for amfAR. Dame Elizabethâ??s compassion, radiance, and generosity of spirit will be greatly missed by us all. She leaves a monumental legacy that has improved and extended millions of lives and will enrich countless more for generations to come.

Birthplace of the Rocky Horror Picture Show
    RIP Ms Taylor, you were one hell of a broad
    I love you and miss you dad, Antun Perdija 27-06-41 - 28-12-00
    RIP Daniel Colvin 5 June 1974 - 7 June 2011, Best Friend, lover, fiancee

RIP David Edgar, 2 Dec 1953 - 10 June 2011, Uncle
    RIP Agnes Steele Edgar, 17 May 1926 - 4 July 2011, Grandmother

LemonPopsicle Guest
    Wow. I'm in shock. Like everyone else, I thought she'd out live us all.
    What a life!
    I wish I could go home right now, dab on some of her perfume, watch her films.

Quote Originally Posted by HARLOWNUMBER1 View Post
    My understanding is that Liz will be buried next to her parents at the Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery. Michael Jackson fans have begun to falsely claim that Liz wants to be buried next to him (which isn't possible anyway). Liz has had a plot waiting for her there since her mother died two decades ago.

RIP Liz
    I was thinking it might be Westwood also unless Liz changed her mind after the MJ service......if it is Westwood that would be great, an entirely different place from Forest Lawn, small, intimate and pretty. For someone of her magnitude it may be a bit daunting in the beginning for Westwood to handle a lot of people visiting but that would slow down after awhile.
    She should be near family, and there's certainly plenty of celebs in Westwood...

MissVondaKaye Guest
    She was truly the last of the great movie stars. While I am saddened at her passing, I am thankful she is finally pain free and reunited with the loves of her life. Godspeed, beautiful lady.

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I am dabbing on her perfume today..(Passion)
    I think I have a bottle of White Diamonds somewhere.

Video- Liz on marriage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4r6Wq5qq7I

Perdi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyTheHag View Post
    Me, too, Oogie. The news of Liz's death was the first thing that popped up on my screen when I signed on to the Internet, and I had to rush right over here.

Godspeed, Liz. You will be missed.
    Me 3!! Sometimes, you just need to be amongst Death Hags!!!

Tis the end of an era with Liz's passing, that's for sure. She was a Legend and I don't know if, in the celeb culture we now live in, we will ever see the like again. A true star. Probably the most beautiful woman in the world in her day, who proved to be the most beautiful woman inside as well.

RIP Liz. ...and enjoy the reunion party that I don't doubt will be in full swing up there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissVondaKaye View Post
    She was truly the last of the great movie stars. While I am saddened at her passing, I am thankful she is finally pain free and reunited with the loves of her life. Godspeed, beautiful lady.
    Truely feel the same - Richard and mike!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]