Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6789101757 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

different kind of girl Guest
    I haven't seen any ghosts but I would love to. Any way to ask one to appear or is that not a good idea?

BeeCee Guest

Eeek!

[SIZE=3]Great story Morbid1! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Too bad you never felt comfortable at your grandparent's house again though.[/SIZE]

Gardner32 Guest
    I used to look at them all the time, started going nuts! Never saw a ghost, no matter how close I got to the screen!

miamore73 Guest
    No I remember reading that it's not a good idea. Because you never know what you might get. Might be a good spirit but it might NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by marimbagirl View Post
    The coolest one that I've ever seen was from Sci-Fi Network's Ghost Hunters show. They went to a court house in Rhode Island and the guy had set up a webcam to try and catch some of the stuff that he'd been seeing. He sure enough caught something on it...a full figured apparition that was wearing black clothing and a white shirt. It only appeared for 3 seconds and then was gone and it was in the middle of the room. The hunters tried to disprove it, but they figure that no one could get from the side of the rooms to that spot and then out again in 6 seconds.
    I saw that! Very cool.

This isn't a ghost cam, but a guy walking through a haunted house by himself.
    It may take a few times of watching it, but I've been able to spot what is supposed to be a little girl ghost about 3 times through out; it's very visible in the last few seconds..gives me the creeps every time.

The bonus is the guy screams like a girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9ALwxJcDDM
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

endsleigh03 Guest
    I also used to watch the library cam, never saw anything tho.

Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post
    It may take a few times of watching it, but I've been able to spot what is supposed to be a little girl ghost about 3 times through out; it's very visible in the last few seconds..gives me the creeps every time.

LOL @ screams like a girl.

I'll have to watch that when I'm done working. Right now I'm working on a flash-heavy website and I don't want everything to seize up on me like an engine with no oil. Can't wait to have a peek.

Danny62 Guest
    I have done a few but sit there and never see anything!

Krissypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    "Orbs" are caused when the flash hits a speck of floating dust. Now, unless ghosts are specks of dust, ain't no such thing as ghosts. There's a show called Bullshit! starring Penn & Teller. One of the episodes debunks ghosts and the paranormal. Ya'll should watch it. Before watching that series, I believed in ghosts, spirits and that John Edwards clown. No longer, dagnabbit! I think our willingness to believe in ghosts stems from our fear of the abrupt end of our lives. I think that also explains part (not all) of our fascination with the contents of FAD. It's the one great unknown we all have to face. Scares the crap out of me.
    Thanks for that. I have always wondered if there was a logical explanation for the "orbs." As for me, I've never had a paranormal experience but I do believe there are things out there that can't be explained. As far as believing in ghosts, I do sort of lean towards a "no" but I am always open to the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    "Orbs" are caused when the flash hits a speck of floating dust. Now, unless ghosts are specks of dust, ain't no such thing as ghosts. There's a show called Bullshit! starring Penn & Teller. One of the episodes debunks ghosts and the paranormal. Ya'll should watch it. Before watching that series, I believed in ghosts, spirits and that John Edwards clown. No longer, dagnabbit! I think our willingness to believe in ghosts stems from our fear of the abrupt end of our lives. I think that also explains part (not all) of our fascination with the contents of FAD. It's the one great unknown we all have to face. Scares the crap out of me.
    Sorry, Penn & Teller can say all they want, but after what I've seen and heard in this house since my Mom died - ghosts DO exist!

Altho I have to agree with the orb stuff, I've never taken much credence in those.

TNpuck Guest
    Nope

13. 11-15-2007, 09:07 PM

knothere Guest
    when if i get an evp device for xmass n i find stuff ill find a way to let u guys know

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by different kind of girl View Post
    I haven't seen any ghosts but I would love to. Any way to ask one to appear or is that not a good idea?
    they say you should never provoke a ghost not even for curiosities sake

Guest Guest
    I have seen and heard a lot of ever since I was very young...It doesn't scare me all that much except when my parents lived in there old home...there was a presence there that was very angry and I'll say it...evil.

Many occasions I would see him out of the corner of my eye..a man of about 25, dark hair, dark eyes, whenever I felt him or sometimes saw him the room would get very cold and an odor I can only describe as mildew would enter the room...when my father was sick he would say things like "get him out of here" and point towards the doorway or to the corner, while we were packing to move out of the house the lights went out...I had to feel my way to the doorway to get upstairs to get a flashlight...I was working in a basement with no windows....as I was feeling my way I heard breathing just beside me and a voice just under a whisper in my ear saying "move" I got to the door and as I opened it I felt a rush of air behind and beside me as if someone rushed past me...at the top of the stairs was a stack of boxes and they tumbled down the stairs and then there was a very load thud on the back basement door..like someone punched it, it is only later that week that my mothers real estate agent divulged that a man had committed suicide in the basement back in the 60's, there was no way of knowing what he looked like...but the agent believed he was in his 20's based on the ages of his parents the owners at the time of his death. I was actually glad to hear of this information...because it confirmed what I saw, heard and felt while living in that house...a suicidal death would explain the anger and sense of dread that would weigh heavy in the room.

newsocks Guest
    i REALLY want to watch that youtube link but its late and REALLY quiet in my house i am will scare myself. hahaha.

Getcha some headphones chickadee. They're great for stuff like this.

I watched it. The little girl in the corner toward the end is pretty freaky. Thanks for the ink.

knothere Guest
    i think most r fake but some scare the shit outa me so sum must be real
    like the oldlady with the bulldog in the door from the first link

knothere Guest
    maybe its just me but dead ppl that arnt ghosts but pics of them when they were alive kinds freek me especially the old faded blak n white ones

knothere Guest
    omg dearheart
    thats horrible to go throo
    ima big chikenpooper but wow

Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post

OK, whats the point of going into a house to film a ghost if you're going to scream like a little bitch and run every time you see it? Sheesh, I'm a girl and I've never screamed like that in my life. If I did, I would kick my own ass.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chascsq View Post
    Also when I am having a stressfull or upsetting day I will find nothing but pennies everywhere, and I swear I'm going crazy because I'll look maybe seconds before in that same exact spot, and I do not see them there!
    [SIZE=3]I've heard other people mention pennies showing up similar to that. Facinating stuff.[/SIZE]

september Guest
    i totally believe in ghosts spirits i live in an old house and the landlady's husband had already died before i moved into the downstair flat. One day i went to head into the main section of the house opened the door and saw her dead husband sitting in his favorite chair. I closed the door and said that i had just seen your husband sitting in the chair and she said oh yes he's around.....he was dead before i moved in remember so only saw pictures of him... i have found things disappear and you look everywhere for them and then days later it appears in the middle of your bed....ive been woken at like 3 in the morning someone something trying to wake me touching my hip ( i sleep on my side)
    the house is full of spirit but its all good i have never felt spooked or frighten living here as ive always loved all this type of stuff....i work in a sydney hospital (no not a nurse) and there are some sections of the hospital which have been around for a long time 100 years and ive had an old woman follow me up stairs and in the new section a young man in hospital gowns....im in one building which houses palliative care on one floor and strange things happen with the lifts.....

Cettie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by different kind of girl View Post

I'm a medium and it's not a good idea to open the door to what might be a dark, low-level spirit. They can cause more trouble than you could imagine. I do believe in ghosts, which are earth-bound spirits. Rather than being afraid of them, I pity them because somehow they literally got stuck between our plane and the Other Side.

It's not the dead you have to be afraid of, it's the living that make me nervous.

^ lol, true..but it does make it funny.

SomeChick, no problem.
    also seconding the headphones thing. I never use speakers..although you do take a bigger risk with headphones when clicking those links people like to put up and it's just a face screaming at you after 20 seconds of complete silence or something.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

miamore73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chascsq View Post
    Sometimes when I think about my dad I smell crayons...he worked for a paint manufacteur, and any scraps of pigment was sold to Crayola

Also when I am having a stressfull or upsetting day I will find nothing but pennies everywhere, and I swear I'm going crazy because I'll look maybe seconds before in that same exact spot, and I do not see them there! And they always have the years 1983, 1987, 1991, and 1998 everytime. My grandpa died in 83, my dad in 87, my grandma in 91, and my cousin in 98.
    I think that's wonderful. It's great that you're open and can read the signs.

miamore73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by september View Post
    i totally believe in ghosts spirits i live in an old house and the landlady's husband had already died before i moved into the downstair flat. One day i went to head into the main section of the house opened the door and saw her dead husband sitting in his favorite chair. I closed the door and said that i had just seen your husband sitting in the chair and she said oh yes he's around.....he was dead before i moved in remember so only saw pictures of him... i have found things disappear and you look everywhere for them and then days later it appears in the middle of your bed....ive been woken at like 3 in the morning someone something trying to wake me touching my hip ( i sleep on my side)
    the house is full of spirit but its all good i have never felt spooked or frighten living here as ive always loved all this type of stuff....i work in a sydney hospital (no not a nurse) and there are some sections of the hospital which have been around for a long time 100 years and ive had an old woman follow me up stairs and in the new section a young man in hospital gowns....im in one building which houses palliative care on one floor and strange things happen with the lifts.....
    Now the only problem I would have with him is the waking me up in my sleep. That would be a serious no no. I wonder if the next time you feel him in your presence you could just say out loud "please don't wake me up anymore."
    Funny thought I wonder if he thinks you're his wife and doesn't realize he can't have anymore nookie.

Xtine Guest
    Found this bit of information on the GHI...
    http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/s...nuary-5886.php
    I was wondering what happend to Brian Harois, now I know.

marimbagirl Guest
    I thought they had broken off and just made their own group. Good to know.

cindysgold Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    Found this bit of information on the GHI...
    http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/s...nuary-5886.php
    I was wondering what happend to Brian Harois, now I know.
    Thanks for this link...I wondered when it was coming on.

Morbid1 Guest

Robert The Haunted Doll!

I was checking this out and thought you all would get a kick out
    of this.Some of you probably already know the story of "Robert"

So it goes this is the story of Robert...Sorry its very long!

The story begins in the home of Mr. And Mrs.Thomas Otto.The year 1896. It was well known the Otto's mistreated there servants and were not the kindest of people. One such servant, that aided in the care of the couples son,Robert Eugene Gene,(Gene) and was said to be versed in the ways of voodoo.She for one reason or the other became very displeased with the Otto's, and decided to do something about it. As the story goes the servant gave Gene a doll. The doll standing three feet tall, and stuffed with straw. With life like features, that were at first very endearing to Gene. He decided to name the doll "Robert".

The doll became a constant companion to Gene. It is said that the Otto's often heard Gene upstairs talking to the doll. This in it self might not have been so bad? The Otto's were puzzled to hear the boy answering himself in an entirely different voice than his own?Many Strange things began to occur in the Otto household.Many neighbors claimed to see Robert move about from window to window,when the family were out. Gene began to blame Robert for mishaps that would occur. The Otto's claimed to hear the doll giggle, and swear they caught glimpses of the doll running about the house.

Gene began to have nightmares and scream out in the night, when his parents would enter the room, they would find furniture over turned, their child in a fright, and Robert at the foot of the bed, with his glaring gaze! "Robert Did It".... The doll was eventually put up into the attic. Where he resided for many years.

When Gene's parents died, and the Otto home came to Gene, Robert was rediscovered in the attic. Robert's hold on Gene was strong, and from the moment Gene laid eyes on him, Robert's influence could be again felt. Well Gene's wife was very unsettling. One day she decided she had enough of Roberts glare...and returned him to his attic sanctuary. Gene was displeased, and demanding that Robert needed a room of his own where he could see out of the window. He put Robert in the turret room, by a window. It wasn't long after that Gene's sanity was questioned?

The citizens of Key West heard about Robert, and his evil doings. Many people walking by the home reported that the doll watched from the turret room, and mocked them as they passed... School children feared walking by the Otto home , in fear of Roberts mean glare.Gene, himself reported when visiting the turret room, found Robert him in the rocking chair by the turret room window, displeased with his accommodations...home. Finally Gene himself had enough of it, But Robert had other plans. Visitors that entered the house could hear something walking back and forth in the attic, and strange giggling sounds. Guests no longer wanted to visit the Otto home.

Gene Otto died in 1972.The home was sold to a new family, and the tale of Robert had died down...But Robert waited patiently up in the attic to be discovered, once again. The 10 year old daughter of the new owners. Was quick to find Robert in the attic. It was not long before Robert unleashed his displeasure on the child... The little girl claiming that the doll tortured her, and made her life a hell.. Even after more than thirty years later, she steadfastly claims that " the doll was alive and wanted to kill her."

Robert, still dressed in his white sailor's suit and clutching his stuffed lion, lives quite comfortably, though well guarded, at the Key West Martello Museum. Employs at the museum continue to give accounts of Robert being up to his old tricks still today...Many people have claimed to this.

Iam thinking of how I could burn this thing! lol..

There is a video of "Robert"

And he is a famous tourist site in Florida!

Some information and links below!

Really Amazing!!

Youtube Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4DIB...om/dollrobert/

Roberts Website! Lots of information on him here!
    http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/h...auntedkeywest/

More links
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_the_Doll

http://www.angelfire.com/rant/shadowstalker/pictures/robert.html

-Morbid1
    Last edited by Morbid1; 11-18-2007 at 02:09 AM.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    tl;dr

Lol Joke

Kathyf Guest
    That is so wild! I have to read more. How interesting the cameras don't work.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    [size=5]urghhhhhh!! Kill It!![/size]

Jaxxx Guest
    WOW, Robert is scary. He looks different in some of those links. Creepy don't want to go near him. Thanks for the story, but will probably have dreams of him now.

Danny62 Guest
    Very "Interesting" story to say the least! Thanks for sharing!

Morbid1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Very "Interesting" story to say the least! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Dan!

I was checking out your new thread about "haunted e-bay stuff" and
    remembered a link about him.I don't think Robert's for sale though lol..

-Morbid1

endsleigh03 Guest
    Thats pretty cool, I haven't heard of this before, have to read up, go see him maybe
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 11-16-2007 at 09:49 PM.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Now that is some scary stuff. Talking Tina ain't shit!!

SuckMyKiss Guest
    You think thats bad, you wanna see this shit. OMG

http://reneesghosts.homestead.com/HauntedClownEVP.html

HAUNTED FUCKING CLOWN!!!!!! Clowns and Dolls terrify me at the best of times. But a clown doll that is HAUNTED!!! That is just all kinds of wrongness.

She bought one, and the daft cow bought ANOTHER.

http://reneesghosts.homestead.com/Re...tedClowns.html

URGHHHH KILL THEM ALLL!!!
    Last edited by SuckMyKiss; 11-17-2007 at 07:34 AM.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post

HAUNTED FUCKING CLOWN!!!!!! Clowns and Dolls terrify me at the best of times. But a clown doll that is HAUNTED!!! That is just all kinds of wrongness.

You are a plethera of Useless knowledge!! First big asses, now freaking haunted clowns, damn.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    You are a plethera of Useless knowledge!! First big asses, now freaking haunted clowns, damn.

You would be suprised at the amount of random crap I have stored in my brain LOL It doesn't stop at freaky clown dolls and big assholes I can assure you, that is just the tip of the iceberg LOL

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    I have seen and heard a lot of ever since I was very young...It doesn't scare me all that much except when my parents lived in there old home...there was a presence there that was very angry and I'll say it...evil.

Many occasions I would see him out of the corner of my eye..a man of about 25, dark hair, dark eyes, whenever I felt him or sometimes saw him the room would get very cold and an odor I can only describe as mildew would enter the room...when my father was sick he would say things like "get him out of here" and point towards the doorway or to the corner, while we were packing to move out of the house the lights went out...I had to feel my way to the doorway to get upstairs to get a flashlight...I was working in a basement with no windows....as I was feeling my way I heard breathing just beside me and a voice just under a whisper in my ear saying "move" I got to the door and as I opened it I felt a rush of air behind and beside me as if someone rushed past me...at the top of the stairs was a stack of boxes and they tumbled down the stairs and then there was a very load thud on the back basement door..like someone punched it, it is only later that week that my mothers real estate agent divulged that a man had committed suicide in the basement back in the 60's, there was no way of knowing what he looked like...but the agent believed he was in his 20's based on the ages of his parents the owners at the time of his death. I was actually glad to hear of this information...because it confirmed what I saw, heard and felt while living in that house...a suicidal death would explain the anger and sense of dread that would weigh heavy in the room.
    Wow! Thanks for sharing that!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Thanks for sharing the story of Robert! I'm feeling a strange gravitational pull southward towards Key West. Next time I'm there I'll be SURE to visit Robert.

Key West is a creepy place anyway. That is where the "Count" shared his life (and bed) with the corpse of Elena De Hoyos. I probably spelled her last name wrong. I love Key West, but I don't ever go there that I don't see something that creeps me out. In a good way.

hoxharding Guest

Renees ghost

Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post

I looked at the evps and wrote to renee(who is very nice)

I could be wrong, but I think the first clown doll is not bad. I don't know who or what is in it.
    One of the EVPS either says 'I left you' OR "I love you."
    I think it says "I love you."
    I also feel that buying the other clown doll made the first one happy. The second one doesn't seem to haunted. Yet, it looks like the first one. He seems to be happy that he now has someone/something that looks like him.
    I usually find anything involving clowns to be scary. This clown doll
    doesn't seem to be at all threatening.

Well at least I will have something to dream about tonight.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

magblax Guest
    That is one of the creepiest things I have ever seen! I would burn that damn doll!

marimbagirl Guest
    It says starting in January, so I guess they are going to run both shows back to back on the schedule. I can't stand Brian or Andy, so we'll see how long the new one lasts.

And besides the fact Brian doesn't pay attention to the evidence. I remember on one show of Ghost Hunters, him and Steve just sort of fucked off while they were supposed to be going over everything and said they didn't catch anything - but Jason & Grant told them to go over it again, and that was when they caught something.

Brian just isn't all that serious about it...IMO