Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

RoRo Guest
    yeah I believe in them because I've seen one..my grandpa came to me after he died and told me everything was ok

Nope.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I would love to hear this story...please please please
    WOW! and yes please post the other story!

My Mom died in the house I am living in and in the last few months - I have heard knocking on the walls. Not water pipe type of knocking, but like someone's hand is knocking on the wall.

Over the summer, I saw a mist/fog shape in the backyard. Apparently the dog saw it too - since he was barking at it, running around in circles around it! It was just like a little round/ovalish shaped cloud - not in the shape of a body or anything.

Then this past week, I was sitting at the computer in the den after I got home from work. The house was quiet - no radios or TVs on, and then all of the sudden, I heard voices in the house. I couldn't make out what they were saying since they sounded so low and distant - but it they were in the house.

I just sat there, frozen and waited until the stopped - a few minutes later.

And all these things usually happen when my step-Dad is out of my town and I'm in the house alone!

I've already had a few talks with my Mom about her little antics, and told her not to scare me - and luckily all these things happen during the daytime - and not at bedtime!

I'm just waiting to be touched now!

And oh, I just wanted to add -

After my Mom died, she made quite a few visits over to my sister's house, since my niece was always talking about Grandma visiting her at her crib or seeing her sitting on the couch.

Also, she messed with my step-dad the day she died by messing with the air-conditioner in the house. She made it stay on ALL day and he couldn't get it turned it off until he finally hit the main breaker.

She did it to him again after he made us keep her box of ashes in the den closet until it was time to scatter them out in California in the Santa Cruz Bay.

I always made sure the light was on in the closet for her, and would talk to her - so at least she wouldn't be mad at me!

I think why she's haunting the house is because there is still a bit of "residue" of her ashes in the urn we keep on the mantle.

After we scattered her, I poured some water in it and shook it and poured out what was left near her favorite fire pit up at the cabin she owned.

I think there's still a little bit left in there...
    Last edited by Aries65; 11-12-2007 at 07:40 AM.

marimbagirl Guest
    I'm pretty convinced that the museum where I work harbors a few ghosts. It's not just me either, everyone who has ever worked there has had a story to tell as well.

attackatdawn Guest

Ghost Cams

Have you ever watched these things? Do you think they are real or phony? Have you ever seen a ghost on a web cam?

http://wintersteel.homestead.com/ParanormalWebCams.html

http://www.ghoststudy.com/camlinks.html

Kathyf Guest
    I do think a lot of these are real. I also think quite a few are fake too. Fun to watch Thanks for the link.

marimbagirl Guest
    The coolest one that I've ever seen was from Sci-Fi Network's Ghost Hunters show. They went to a court house in Rhode Island and the guy had set up a webcam to try and catch some of the stuff that he'd been seeing. He sure enough caught something on it...a full figured apparition that was wearing black clothing and a white shirt. It only appeared for 3 seconds and then was gone and it was in the middle of the room. The hunters tried to disprove it, but they figure that no one could get from the side of the rooms to that spot and then out again in 6 seconds.

travnut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
    [SIZE=3]I it's not too private, would you care to share the details? It isn't often that I hear of accounts of people seeing loved ones.[/SIZE]

Sorry for the delayed response. A month after my mother died, I was laying in my bed and I heard the floor boards by my bed make a noise and when I looked in the direction I saw the image of my mother walking away from by bed. I asumed it was her. It was my birthday.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    I have had experienced a ghost once before. but I won't go into detail. i'm sure most wouldn't believe me anyway. I wouldn't believe it either if it didn't happen to me.
    Last edited by Death Hag Chris; 11-13-2007 at 10:26 AM.

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by travnut View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response. A month after my mother died, I was laying in my bed and I heard the floor boards by my bed make a noise and when I looked in the direction I saw the image of my mother walking away from by bed. I asumed it was her. It was my birthday.
    How great or bad if you were scared. It was nice she came on your b-day.

BeeCee Guest
    [SIZE=3]I like that story.[/SIZE]

hoxharding Guest
    I look at the cams sometimes,but I have never seen a ghost on them. I like looking at www.libraryghost most often. Not because I think I will seee a ghost. I just really like libraries.
    =)

travnut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    How great or bad if you were scared. It was nice she came on your b-day.

I wasn't scared. Felt confort in seeing her. It's been 13 years since this happened. Haven't seen my mom since. I'm sure she's still around.

marimbagirl Guest

Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi

Is anyone else obsessed with this show? I really like the TAPS crew cause they try to disprove instead of getting all caught up in the hype of a ghost. I remember in the 2nd season they had a ton of episodes where nothing happened.

My favourite episode is where they went to Ciello Drive, to the house that was just next door to the Tate Mansion and caught all sorts of sounds on their recorders. Really eerie.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    I adore that show. My fave is when they were at a New London CT lighthouse and caught a chair moving across the room. The TAPS team rocks.

marimbagirl Guest
    That one was crazy too. I'm watching the newest episode right now on youtube and they are at the Waverly Sanitorium doing the reveal for their live Halloween show.

We're trying to get them to come to the place where I work cause all sorts of weird stuff has been going on.

Kathyf Guest
    I have seen most of them we love it!

Snoopy Guest
    One of my favorites! they are from my home state..so I have driven past their head quarters and went to a local autograph signing. They seem very cool. Jay,Grant Tango,Donna,,and Lisa were the one's signing autographs.

marimbagirl Guest
    Donna isn't with the group anymore. I think she went off with Andy and the other guy to start their own group.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    I LOVE this show. Jay, Grant and Tango are my faves on the show. I TiVo it every week. it's one of the only shows (besides George Lopez and Chelsea Lately) that I like to watch.

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marimbagirl View Post
    Donna isn't with the group anymore. I think she went off with Andy and the other guy to start their own group.
    It was a year ago December..and the new show I think is called Ghost Hunters International

marimbagirl Guest
    Anyone seen the episode where they go to the faerie wrath in Ireland and the crew gets stalked by the 3 small figures? I love the Irish investigator that was with them and how he kept freaking out and running away. The same for when they went to the Hellfire Caves in a later episode.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Anyone seen the episode where they go to the faerie wrath in Ireland and the crew gets stalked by the 3 small figures? I love the Irish investigator that was with them and how he kept freaking out and running away. The same for when they went to the Hellfire Caves in a later episode.
    YES, I saw that one. it got so creepy that the one guy they took with them from Ireland had to leave because he was crapping his pants. and that BIG spider that was crawling on Tango scared the shit out of me. I HATE spiders.

I liked the other lighthouse episode where they caught a few things on tape and on camera - like that figure looking down at them from the top of the stairs!

marimbagirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I liked the other lighthouse episode where they caught a few things on tape and on camera - like that figure looking down at them from the top of the stairs!
    That was the St. Augustine Lighthouse if I remember right. I remember that one cause Stever is terrified of heights, and everyone was so proud when he went up the stairs.

hoxharding Guest
    I love the show. Grant is really nice and so is Dustin. I think their show is also making Most Haunted look really goofy.

Ruffian Guest
    I loved the armory one where the cameraman got nailed by something....the bag just flew up and knocked him down. I think GH Intl should be pretty good.

marimbagirl Guest
    Most Haunted is a great show, but Yvette who hosts it is hard to watch and since Derek Accoura left, it's been kind of stupid.

cindysgold Guest

This one is my fav also...

Had the new International GH started yet ?

Ruffian Guest
    Jason and Grant have a radio show on Saturday nights now. You can listen to it online. I used to enjoy listening to Coast to Coast, but since Art Bell left, the weekend guy is more into politics instead of ghosts. I'm going to have to give this show a listen.

Yep. Love this show too. We Tivo it each week.

Lately SciFi's been showing three to five shows at a time, so if anyone's been looking for a way to catch up on shows, this is the time to do it.

Last night we watched one of the saved shows which was old. They were still in the trailer. That big chrome table makes them all look like munchkins, lol.

Most Haunted is a great show, but Yvette who hosts it is hard to watch and since Derek Accoura left, it's been kind of stupid.
    Ugh, I can't stand that show, they are all annoying, too over-dramatic and nothing ever happens! I tried watching it a couple of times and gave up...sorry.

marimbagirl Guest
    If you want to see a good episode of Most Haunted, check out the one where the crew is sitting in the attic with Derek and one of the guys gets shoved from his chair and dragged across the floor. That's really the only one that ever stuck in my mind.

BeeCee Guest
    I wasn't scared. Felt confort in seeing her. It's been 13 years since this happened. Haven't seen my mom since. I'm sure she's still around.
    [SIZE=3]It will be five years this coming Friday that my mother passed away from lung cancer. I have never seen anything but have felt that she never really left me. I sometimes even smell the faint odor of cigarettes. [/SIZE]

weight loss Guest
    - I smell my dad and hear him walking at times. He had a distinct crack in his ankle and I hear it every now and then.

- I once came home from school one day in broad daylight and saw a really old man in some kind of "royal" garb standing in the corner of my
    living room. He was wearing red and gold colors and held a staff or spear. He didn't say anything.

- The very next day I swear he (or someone) touched me - I felt it. There was noone home but me.

-Went to a psychic once who started talking exactly like my grandmother

- I had a friend in high school who had a guitar that she swore was haunted. She refused to keep the guitar in her room (she said it used to twang in the night.) I believed her (she was very levelheaded and wasn't the type to just lie about something) but I teased her about it too.

One day, we decided to do some goofing off. She played the piano, and I could pick stuff out on the guitar, but I'm no guitar player. So here we were, in broad daylight, her pounding away on the piano, me pounding on this guitar. There's no way you can call what we were doing music.

We get done, and I go to hang the guitar up in the room it lived in. I turned to leave the room and heard

thump THUMP
    thump THUMP
    thump THUMP

I heard a heartbeat that was not my own. It was very loud. I stood there, and couldn't move listening to this thump THUMP thump THUMP thump THUMP. Man, it was weird.

My friend came to the door. Asks me what's wrong. I said "Listen." The look on her face cannot be described. We left her house, and she refused to go home until her dad got rid of the guitar.

- I've heard voices here, primarily a woman's voice but I've heard conversation. And when we first moved here, my son wouldn't call this place home but he would call it "that ladys house." I think the landlord's mom may have died here, but I don't know for sure.

travnut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
    [SIZE=3]It will be five years this coming Friday that my mother passed away from lung cancer. I have never seen anything but have felt that she never really left me. I sometimes even smell the faint odor of cigarettes. [/SIZE]

My mother died from lung cancer also. Small world

miamore73 Guest
    Boy I was so into this thread. Imagine my annoyance when i realized I had just read the last one.

I've definately experienced ghosts. My husband myself and 2 kids lived in this apt. for about 6 or 7 years. When I was pregnant with my son I use to hear someone walking around in the apt. above ours, which was strange because the women that lived there was at work. One day I asked her did she come home for lunch some days. She said no. Then I told her how I heard the walking around. She said she wasn't home but that sometimes when she comes home her apt. smells like cigarettes. Well after she moved away her roomate moved into our apt.

I would always hear a noise like someone was running into my bedroom. I always thought it was my son who at this point was about 1 or 2. But when I looked no one was ever there. I would go and check on the kids and they would be sound asleep. I always felt another presence in the room that happened alot. Sometimes if I was laying across the bed I would someone bump up against the bed like someone accidently banged there leg on it or something. No one there. It got to the point where I was just use to the other presence. I also always thought that I was the only that felt it. Well, recently my husband admitted that on an occasion or two he also felt the other presence in the room.

I don't mind feeling or dreaming about ghosts, but man o man I don't want to see one. When my father died I remember I would say out loud. Daddy if you have anything to say to me please come to me in a dream don't show up in my house and scare me. I don't know if he ever planned on visiting me at all I just wanted to be sure.

I'm still waiting to hear the story about the lady that saw a ghost and cried retelling the story.

Zombiegirl Guest
    I'm skeptical of ghosts, but would like to believe they exist. Check out this video that is on CNN. Do ya'll think this is a ghost?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...gas.ghost.woio

Gary Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    I have had experienced a ghost once before. but I won't go into detail. i'm sure most wouldn't believe me anyway. I wouldn't believe it either if it didn't happen to me.
    I would believe it, Chris. I've seen one in my house years ago, but it's too long of a story to type up. I DO believe in spooks, I do I do I do believe in spooks.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
    I'm skeptical of ghosts, but would like to believe they exist. Check out this video that is on CNN. Do ya'll think this is a ghost?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...gas.ghost.woio
    No ghost stuff - just some clip about a funeral for a slain soccer player??

Zombiegirl Guest
    Hmmm.....I tried the link after I posted it, and it worked for me. I found another link, try this one. The one on CNN was better though.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_16743.aspx

Zombiegirl Guest
    And I just clicked on it again from your quote....still works for me. Weird.

I'm kind of on the fence. I can't DENY that weird things have happened to me and my family over the years dealing with the paranormal, but I don't think any of us is really going to know what happens to us until we bite the big one ourselves.

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Oh, that one spooks me out. The voices they heard as they were going up the stairs? Creepy.

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Morbid1 Guest
    I do believe in ghost..

I will try to keep this short...sorry if its a book!

I would stay with my grandparents as a kid over the summer vacation
    or week-ends to hang out with granddad,they lived in a house in the
    Northridge California area..nice house 4 bedrooms,huge den..and a
    nice back yard.My grandfather retired from his job and purchased the
    house because there old one was really small,and they wanted space.

After they moved in my grandfather was telling my mom one day that
    he felt that the house was spooked or haunted,because he had some
    weird stuff happen to him out in the garage and in the den.laughing
    my mom said to him that was he in the "sauce' again or dreaming it.
    He was kind of joking around some,but my mom had thought that he
    was scared because of the new house being so big,so she asked me
    to come up to there place and hang out with him..and help him some.

Though she didn't tell me exactly what was going on there or maybe she
    really did not take my grandfathers talk about the house being haunted,
    my grandfather had a really old fashioned way of talking and doing things
    that you had to get to know him well to really catch on to what he said.

I was maybe 15-17 when I had my first ghost encounter,in the den my
    grandfather let me bring up my old pinball machines and a dart board that
    I could use when I had a friend over or basically have something to do.
    One night (early evening) I was down in the den playing pinball,playing
    some oldies on low,my cousin said he would be over with a pizza and
    a few sodas to hang out with me.My grandfather and grandmother were
    in the other side of the house watching TV and relaxing after dinner.

So Iam playing pinball and I hear the front door open..close..and heavy
    footsteps across the front entry,so I called out "hey dude, that you?"
    thinking it was my cousin coming with the pizza and drinks....no reply!
    so I turn around and start walking to the few stairs that lead into the
    den,footsteps get closer..I hear them step on the steps in front of me
    then walk buy me! and walk straight to the patio door..woosh! goes
    the blinds,and apparently "walks" outside without opening the patio door.

Uh..what the fuck!....

I was so scared..that my legs were frozen! And not really able to think
    or do anything..like I was completely stunned.I finally got the nerve to
    go in the back with my grandparents and my grandfather said to me with
    a funny look on his face "what happened..see a old friend" I told him that
    I had to go..and when my cousin got there I had him take me to his place
    for the night..I never came back to there place! They told us many story's
    about that place,I was shocked that they would even want to stay there.

Whats really strange is that both of my grandparents died in that house
    about 8 months apart..my mom said that something there wasn't happy
    with them there..my grandfather died after a chair that he was standing
    on "suddenly" fell over and he hit his head on a table and had a stroke
    in the emergency room.My grandmother died sitting at the kitchen table
    one day and my uncle found her a few days later..could of been there
    time,but I don't know.I wouldn't step in that house for 5 million dollars
    if you asked me too.The house is still there..but I refuse to go buy or
    have anything to do with it.My cousin who still lives in the area said
    its for sale.Its the fourth owners since my grandparents lived there.

Yeah..I did not believe..it still bothers me today..I still have bad dreams!

I even seen a doctor about it..I do feel better talking about it though.
    It took me years to be able too.Hard to talk about ghost to some people.

And my other experience was the old neighbor lady that lived next door
    to me who passed.I posted a thread about that one already on here.

I have not had anything new or strange happen as of now..I like it too!

But I have feelings of something bad coming for me one day..weird!

OK..Iam up for the night!

-Morbid1

disco Guest
    yes. and love and little bitty babies

Snoopy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sordid1982 View Post
    Oh, that one spooks me out. The voices they heard as they were going up the stairs? Creepy.
    Yep the lighthouse one is my favorite! That figure peeking over the rail gives me chills every time I see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
    And I just clicked on it again from your quote....still works for me. Weird.
    I tried it again and it worked. Pretty weird, that blue mist flying around like that. Who knows...may be...

miamore73 Guest
    I'm not sure what I think about the blue mist. Part of me thinks it's some kind of hoax the gas station is using to pull in interested customers.

I loved the reports comment about it being the ghost of cheaper gas prices.