Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456781555 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    Here's a new drinking game we invented for GH:

Everyone chugs when Jason says "me and Grant."

When is the producer going to correct him?

Signed,
    The Grammar Police
    Maybe take a drink everytime they shake hands on Ghost Hunters.
    Seems like every two minutes, someone's shaking hands.

hoxharding Guest
    At least they don't repeeat what they did during the first season. Anyone recall the 'conversation' between Jason and his wife'? She argued that she didn't like him
    hunting ghosts.
    It was an uncomfortable,stilted discussion that took place in their kitchen.

hoxharding Guest
    Grant and Donna- I recall Grant having a blog griping about people judging him being friends with females. He was unhappy that people didn't grasp the idea of males and females being buddies.
    If I recall, his wife seemed allright with this and it was fans who had a problem.

Katie Guest
    Is there still a blog?

Tombstone- I think Dustin is pretty hot....though he and Tango look like brothers in some cases.

Tombstone Tourist Guest

Ghost Hunters update

Donna, Andy, and Brian are now part of Ghost Hunters International and will have their first episode on air in January 2008.

Steve is now head of New England Paranormal group.

And if you think we were mean, you should check out the Sci-Fi discussion group - they really hated the live show!

Tugboat25 Guest
    Donna, Andy, and Brian are now part of Ghost Hunters International and will have their first episode on air in January 2008.

Steve is now head of New England Paranormal group.

And if you think we were mean, you should check out the Sci-Fi discussion group - they really hated the live show!
    Is Steve completely out of TAPS now?

Katie Guest
    I thought the reason Brian left was because he wanted to spend more time with his girlfriend.

I will miss Donna on Ghost Hunters.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Is Steve completely out of TAPS now?
    Steve Gonsalves is The Founder and Director of New England Paranormal and teamed up with TAPS when they first start GH. The rumor is he's not happy playing second banana. I think we have to wait and see.

GHI is a spinoff by Sci-FI channel and will work over in Europe exclusively. I know one of the new team members will be the guy who was part of the Ireland investigation (his name escapes me right now). I liked him as well as Donna. Steve and Andy not so much.

Got a link for that one?

ScottyMonger Guest
    [quote=Tombstone Tourist;32312]I'm going to start a rumor here, but I think Donna left because she and Grant had a thing. They went to school together and they are always hinting on how well they know each other. Maybe Grant's wife made the decision for him.quote]

What the Fetch?!

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaNeese View Post
    I live really close to Waverly, my husband has been there before this new owner bought it and he didn't see any ghostly things but he did have the shit scared out of him by the place in general. The place is really big I have been on the outside of it during the day. You hear so many stories about it growing up you are kind of intimadated by it.
    they were there before i think and they did find some evidence of haunting...

that tunnel that they used to send the dead bodies (the chute) was ultra creepy.... they must have been dying left and right! Susan

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Got a link for that one?
    http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showforum=70

Page down to the forum topics.

Seems they really, REALLY dislike the means girls.

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemr68 View Post
    I watched some of the show and it was just bull crap plug for the sci-fi channel. There was absolutely no reason to bring in a stupid wrestler who couldn't form a complete sentence when they asked him to explain what he saw. And those stupid braids kept making noises.
    at first i thought he had a big spider on his head!

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    they were there before i think and they did find some evidence of haunting...

that tunnel that they used to send the dead bodies (the chute) was ultra creepy.... they must have been dying left and right! Susan
    History says sometimes it was as many as 50-100 a day!
    Over 63,000 died during the TB period.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Anyone else think that Steve talks in the most bland monotone voice?
    It's odd, it's like his speaking voice has no depth, no tone variation.
    It's just one set, plain tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I thought the reason Brian left was because he wanted to spend more time with his girlfriend.
    I've been reading thier book "Ghost Hunting", and Jason just really rips on Brian thru-out the whole thing - how he screwed up a lot on jobs, was always on the phone with his girlfriend, would take leave and come back, and other things. When Brian left the group to spend more time with his girlfriend, Jason & Grant were relieved and had no plans on taking him back in. They were pretty much "done" with him.

susalu Guest
    History says sometimes it was as many as 50-100 a day!
    Over 63,000 died during the TB period.
    crikey!!! you can tell i was channel surfing alot on Wednesday night! Most Haunted also had a live episode in a quaker prison... didn't watch much of that... i was mainly watching America's Psychic Challenge on A&E... They test the psychic abilities of 4 contestants each time... some of them are just amazing...

S

Katie Guest
    My book is on the way. It sounds like it will be a good read.

http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showforum=70

Page down to the forum topics.

Seems they really, REALLY dislike the means girls.
    Thanks for that! Looks as if the fans are jumping ship on the show too. I guess they can't wait to hear Brian say "Dude!" non-stop on his show...

Katie Guest
    Thanks for that! Looks as if the fans are jumping ship on the show too. I guess they can't wait to hear Brian say "Dude!" non-stop on his show...

Tugboat25 Guest
    I've been reading thier book "Ghost Hunting", and Jason just really rips on Brian thru-out the whole thing - how he screwed up a lot on jobs, was always on the phone with his girlfriend, would take leave and come back, and other things. When Brian left the group to spend more time with his girlfriend, Jason & Grant were relieved and had no plans on taking him back in. They were pretty much "done" with him.
    It seems like Jason catches a lot of grief (a few posts on here) but I tend to side with him in regards to Brian.
    I enjoy Jason and Grant's directness. I also appreciate that they don't think everything is paranormal. If anything they bend over backwards to prove something is Not occurring and I like that a lot.
    Brian on the other hand, thinks very possible noise or movement is a ghost and it would drive me insane to watch.

susalu Guest
    It seems like Jason catches a lot of grief (a few posts on here) but I tend to side with him in regards to Brian.
    I enjoy Jason and Grant's directness. I also appreciate that they don't think everything is paranormal. If anything they bend over backwards to prove something is Not occurring and I like that a lot.
    Brian on the other hand, thinks very possible noise or movement is a ghost and it would drive me insane to watch.
    gosh, i can't imagine anyone tuning into a show expressly because of Brian... yikes! he annoys the hell out of me... sort of like that chris dude that defended britney spears so vociferously after her debacle on the VMAs.... i heard that he is going to have his own show too.... for the love of god, why????!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

S

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I agree. I would think working with people that want to be ghost busters would invite a lot of flakes. Yet when you see all that money they have sunk into their tech, you know their serious about their findings.

Tugboat25 Guest
    I agree. I would think working with people that want to be ghost busters would invite a lot of flakes. Yet when you see all that money they have sunk into their tech, you know their serious about their findings.
    My favorite is the infra-red.
    They need to buy another one of those set ups.
    To me, that's the only technology they have that is truly intriguing.
    I am an open minded skeptic and I want more than just room noise and garbled "voices".
    Orbs are a JOKE. I wish orbs were never even thought about. Orbs = spirit vehicles or whatever...yeah, right, uh huh. Orbs are baloney.

hoxharding Guest
    Brian has seemd to have changed alot. He is now a father and did seem to have his act together. He also writes for the magazine 'Scars' and is getting more involved in
    horror films.

xenaswolf Guest
    This will be interesting to see how the spin off plays out. I thought Brian and Andy didn't get along? I liked Andy better than Brian, and I feel sorry for Donna all the way around LOL

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    This will be interesting to see how the spin off plays out. I thought Brian and Andy didn't get along? I liked Andy better than Brian, and I feel sorry for Donna all the way around LOL
    I'll tune in and give Brian and crew the benefit of the doubt.
    I will stay along with the show as long as they don't assume ghosts and are objective in their investigations.

Reecy Guest
    I Believe in ghosts because I've seen them.

They walk very slowly and they look at you. The ones I've seen have never bothered me. They appear to be just walking. One I saw was sitting on a sofa.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Cross View Post
    I believe in ghosts too and love the subject.

My family once lived in a house that was haunted, but I was too little to remember anything.
    They say the previous owner of the house hanged himself in the bathroom. My mom always tells that she saw "him" a couple times on his knees in her bedroom, aparently praying or something like that.

Both pictures are great.
    I'd have moved outta that house so fast you wouldn't have seen anything but the smoke from my heels

Jaxxx Guest
    Heck yeah,

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    I Believe in ghosts because I've seen them.

They walk very slowly and they look at you. The ones I've seen have never bothered me. They appear to be just walking. One I saw was sitting on a sofa.
    Oh, yeah, and I'd have been leaving wherever this happened too

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Actually, I don't really believe in ghosts. I'm probably the only one here.

Ã? don't believe in ghosts either. I believe their can be ''residual'' energy left behind, because well, energy can't be created or destroyed, so it has to go somewhere I think some of it gets left behind sometimes. But I don't believe that ''ghosts'' haunt people.

endsleigh03 Guest
    It's official.
    I am a big chickenshit when it comes to ghosty things.

Honey, the stories I could tell you!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Kathyf Guest
    I sure do. I felt a few at Bachelor's grove cemetery many years ago.

I don't believe in them either, Nik. Do professional photographers (as in, photographers with clean lenses and controlled lighting conditions) get those orb effects?

I didnt beliveve in them either until I seen one. I was 15 and I was getting ready for bed. I layed down on my bed, turned on my side and glanced into the closet. There was a elderly woman standing there just looking at me. I was 5 feet from her. She was really short like her legs were in the floor. She had on a white dress with little yellow flowers on it. It looked like the material you see the old fashion sacks of flour were made of. I instantly put my covers over my head and screamed like a little girl. My grandfather came into my room and turned on the light. She was gone. I never slept in that room again. We moved a few months later.

PvN73 Guest
    I am a Believer! I havent seen one myself but sometimes I have to wake myself up in a dream because I can sense something in the room. That always creeps me out big time and I cant sleep after that!

Chascsq Guest
    I believe. I've seen them, felt them, and I even got a picture of one of them that I posted in another thread here already.

Snoopy Guest
    I definately believe in ghosts..have never seen one but I absolutely believe life goes on..and kelbons..looks like your daughter has someone watching over her..those orbs in both pics seem to be around her!

42. 11-08-2007, 06:40 AM

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    kelbons..looks like your daughter has someone watching over her..those orbs in both pics seem to be around her!
    A local psychic told me that one was my Gram. But I already knew that. The other one (in the "m") I didn't notice until recently. Probably my Pa!

travnut Guest
    I believe in spirits. I saw my deceased mother.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by travnut View Post
    I believe in spirits. I saw my deceased mother.
    [SIZE=3]I it's not too private, would you care to share the details? It isn't often that I hear of accounts of people seeing loved ones.[/SIZE]

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemr68 View Post
    Not sure. I've never experienced anything but the lady my dad was dating told a very convincing story. This thing to her when she was in high school and when she was telling us the story she was crying. It's a very long story.

I do have another story. My great aunt's husband died. That fall the cemetary he is buried in called my great aunt up saying that if she wanted the plant that is on her husbands grave to come pick it up or they were just going to throw it out. She picked it up and when she got home she placed it on the picnic table on her patio. That night she went to let her dog out. The dog wouldn't go near the back door. Finally she picked the dog up and placed it outside. The dog went tearing to the back of the yard. She kept calling, and calling but the dog never came back. She then heard someone crying. She looked around but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. She went back into the house and she started to hear it again. She went back outside and walked over to the picnic table and the sound became louder. She almost fainted when she realized the crying was coming from the plant that was on her husbands grave. She told us she then just started talking to plant, saying everything was OK basically consoling it. Then suddenly the crying stopped and the dog came running back to the house. She never heard the crying again. I was in gradeschool when she told us this story and to say the least, scared the crap out of me.

If I have time I'll post the other story. That one is really freaky.
    I would love to hear this story...please please please

panda Guest
    I would like to believe but it makes me feel bad that none of the people I love who have passed have never visited me. Especially my sister, she was really into all that stuff & when she passed I was sure she would find a way. Maybe she has & I'm not recognizing it???

Anyway my story has to do with an ouija board & I've not touched one since. My aunt & I were playing with it one day & decided to ask it a question that neither of us knew the answer to but my grandma would know. So we asked it what my grandma's grandma's name was. It spelled out Augusta. Grandma was in bed reading & we went in & asked her & she said her grandma's name was Augusta. My aunt & I fought over who was going to put the board away!

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I would like to believe but it makes me feel bad that none of the people I love who have passed have never visited me. Especially my sister, she was really into all that stuff & when she passed I was sure she would find a way. Maybe she has & I'm not recognizing it???

Anyway my story has to do with an ouija board & I've not touched one since. My aunt & I were playing with it one day & decided to ask it a question that neither of us knew the answer to but my grandma would know. So we asked it what my grandma's grandma's name was. It spelled out Augusta. Grandma was in bed reading & we went in & asked her & she said her grandma's name was Augusta. My aunt & I fought over who was going to put the board away!
    [SIZE=3]Eeeek! That must have been freaky. I goofed around with one of those with a couple of friends way back when. I got a really bad feeling about it and ended up breaking it in two and tossing it in a dumpster. [/SIZE]

stinkythejokedog Guest
    I've seen an apparition....never believed in them before and I still have a problem with other people's stories...I only know what I saw

Luffy66 Guest
    I saw my great grandmother come out of the closet in my old house when I was a kid. She came over and rubbed my head and smiled. This was just after she died.

I went running out to my mom and dad who were watching T.V. My mom asked me what she looked like and I said "she had fire hair." I remember this as clear as day, I was not dreaming, I was wide awake.

My Great grandmother had red hair. I always feel to this day that I have been blessed somehow, and she and my mother (who has since passed) are looking out for me.

I never really thought about ghosts growing up. When I was 19 and a new RN, I had my first experience with a ghost in the unit where I worked. You always knew when someone was going to die, they started talking about the little boy who kept coming to visit them, even in the middle of the night. This was at The Toledo Hospital. The little boy is supposed to be Conrad Jobst who died when he was ~6. There was a picture of him in the School of Nursing, and the Jobst family donated enough money to have a Tower named after him. This was almost 50 years AFTER this little boy died. I have seen some freaky things since that have made me a true believer in ghosts.