Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949565758596067 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,900 of 3643

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

doyleloyal Guest
    kinda like that twilight zone episode where the old lady's fiance was calling from beyond the grave (one of my fav episodes) and when they went to the cemetery where the calls were coming from they found the phone line down on top of the guys' grave? creepy but neat. I'm sorry your family's going through that, the only peace you might find when she passes is that someone is coming for her and she'll be alright.

STsFirstmate Guest
    I think the paranormal happens in peoples lives all the time if they are open to it.
    A friend of mine lives on a farm in Georgia, Valdosta to be exact. She grew up on this farm and she and all her siblings have homes on the land and their parents live in the main house.
    The closest neighbor is another very large farm about a quarter mile down the lane.
    They are all close with the family that owns the neighboring farm and the husband in that family had been quite ill and had been moved to a large hospital in Atlanta. His family was there with him and my friend's family was left as the contact with the alarm company for the neighboring farm.
    They got a call about 11 pm that motion sensors were going off all through the house could they meet the local sheriff there with a key.
    When they drove up the Sheriff was waiting and was just getting off his cell. He told them that the alarm company was getting even more motion sensor activity now on the second floor so the prowler was still clearly in the house. They gave the sheriff and his deputy the key and watched them enter the house. They spent 30 minutes searching the house only to find no one there. Clearly puzzled they locked the house and my friend and her family returned home to find a message that the neighbor had passed less than an hour earlier.
    The house was quiet the rest of the night and my friend is convinced that man wanted to walk the house and the land he loved one more time and so he did.
    Regards,
    Mary

Just found this online and knew I had to share it!

The shadowy woman has now shown up in the photographs of two tourists following visits to Mary King's Close

STV - Staff at one of Edinburgh??s spookiest tourist attractions have been left mystified after a ghostly figure showed up in the photographs of two separate tourists.

Bosses at Mary King??s Close say the blond haired woman who appeared in images from two different tours was definitely not a customer.

Both photos appear to show one person more than expected and staff believe that on close inspection, the ghostly figure appears to be the same woman.

Staff were first alerted to their unexpected visitor last October, when a member of the public queried their souvenir photograph. A few weeks later, the same thing happened with a different tourist, and staff say they have been trying to figure out what is going on ever since.

They have now introduced later night tours for the month of August in a bid to get to the bottom of the mystery. And they have asked anyone who sees a strange apparition in their pictures to allow them to be examined.

Lisa Robshaw, spokesperson for The Real Mary King??s Close, said: ??We hope that by extending the hours of opening we can get to the bottom of this mystery.

??We??ve long been associated with supernatural and unexplained stories. We??ve had sightings of dark shadowy figures who lurk in the myriad of passageways, rooms and corners of the Closes, and reports of lots of strange noises ?? these images seem to give us even more evidence.

??By running tours late in to the night with the last one finishing at midnight, we hope that this might make the ghostly image reappear. ??

Ms Robshaw insisted the images had not been doctored by staff, adding: ??We have spent a long time studying these photographs and cannot come to a satisfactory conclusion. In both these images there appears to be a blurry ghostly image of a blond haired lady which we cannot explain, and we hope that by making the images public that someone might be able to help.

??If there are people in the images who can explain who the lady is we would love to hear from them. We??ve tested the static camera that we use and it appears to be working normally so we really do not have an explanation. We just want to try and understand what has happened.?

The link is here http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/201...otos-from.html and I think its kinda cool!

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    Have you ever seen the photo of his ghost by his grave? It's so cool.

This the ghost close up

And this is the man who spotted the ghost in the photo:

Why does that ghost look like a cheerleader in a sweater holding Pom Poms?

navallint Guest
    Bummer! They say the JM photo has been debunked.
    http://www.mahalo.com/jim-morrison-death-photos

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Thats so bad, I believed that was really Jim in the photo

knothere Guest
    pics that were taken close to where i live

knothere Guest
    theres more of em but pics r gettin bigger wooops
    anyways this is plasma
    i had a kikass vid of this stuff n it turned out to be a man tying up a horse when it touched ground

anyhoo my cuz n i r going out snapin pics of spooky haunts around our city soon
    shees got the cam so weel c how this turns out
    im glad it gets dark at 7pm now so we dont hafta b out too late n i know weel catch sum chit on her cam itl b up to her to get them posted

knothere Guest
    ok i cant resit postin moar lol
    weel b going down this road that leads to the assylum still in use
    they wanna tear these buildings down but they r heritage so o well but the activity is not helping the patients at all

STsFirstmate Guest
    I was in Boston this past week and one night had dinner in the Smith and Wollensky steak house. It is located in the old corp of cadets armory which looks like a castle.
    I have always loved the building. They have kept all the historic content in place. It is several floors with small dining rooms on each floor with big ornate functioning fireplaces and lots of military memorabilia and historic content.
    S&W ( we have one here in NY too) is dreadfully overpriced mediocre steak and trimmings. Dinner for three people with one nice bottle of Merlot was almost 400 bucks.
    While we were eating the waiter was chatting and I have no idea why I said it but I said "OK you have to tell us about the ghost here!" The color drained from his face and he leaned forward. "How do you know about the ghost we aren't supposed to talk about it." He proceeded to tell us the 4th floor is so haunted they are quit using it for anything other than private parties. The staff refused to go up there alone.
    I asked if we could go up and he said sure.
    We took the elevator up and as soon as the door opened on the dark floor with only a small amount of lighting it was apparent the place had a strange vibe. All the weapons on the walls, the huge empty fireplace I could stand up in and the empty dining tables with white linens.
    There were cold spots and shadows that seemed to move along the walls. We lasted about five minutes before a clatter of noise in the corner of the empty floor sent us diving for the stairs, we didn't even wait for the elevator.
    It was most definitely creepy! I suggest the New England hags with a fat wallet stop by and check it out.
    http://www.smithandwollensky.com/loc...steakhouse.htm
    Regards,
    Mary

STs,
    What I want to know is: What did you have for dinner? I looked at the menu and everything sounds delicious!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jaylene Guest
    I didn't see any prices.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    STs,
    What I want to know is: What did you have for dinner? I looked at the menu and everything sounds delicious!
    I had the Buffalo Mozzarella and tomato salad $12., the rib eye black and blue $48.00 and it was the second cheapest steak, a side of creamed spinach$10.00 ( everything is ala carte) and the Merlot was $60.00 a bottle and it was one of the cheapest bottles of wine and carrot cake $11.00. So leaving off the wine it was $80. for my meal. I ordered the cheapest meal and I didn't have a cocktail before dinner which my two guests did have at around $ 12.00 for a Martini.
    In my opinion over priced. I eat out on the road a lot and I live in NY so pricey meals are not new for me.
    I have eaten at Ruth Chris in San Antonio Texas and it was pricier but the steak was better. I would guess that was the most expensive steak house I have been to. They didn't have a ghost though.
    Regards,
    Mary

Tebssis Guest
    ^^If I paid $50 for a steak, I'd want ghosts, a kiss & a motel room!!

jaylene Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebssis View Post
    lol at Teb's. I was kinda thinking that too.

Quote Originally Posted by kaseyko1 View Post
    Sounds like it would be an awesome "field trip" for us deathhags. I'm with Jaylene, lets get a bus.
    We could paint the bus like a Death Hag Partrige Family.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

STsFirstmate Guest
    I am with you! My company picked up the tab. The best steak I ever had cost far less and I ate it at a restaurant owned nd operated by the Texas Cattlemen's Association at the Intercontinental hotel in San Antonio about 15 years ago.
    It was fabulous as was the hotel and San Antonio in general. It is one of my favorite US cities.
    Regards,
    Mary

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    I am with you! My company picked up the tab. The best steak I ever had cost far less and I ate it at a restaurant owned nd operated by the Texas Cattlemen's Association at the Intercontinental hotel in San Antonio about 15 years ago.
    It was fabulous as was the hotel and San Antonio in general. It is one of my favorite US cities.
    Regards,
    Mary
    I agree! SA is a great place to visit. Little disappointed that the Alamo didn't have any ghosts and smelled like a toilet tho.

STsFirstmate Guest
    I agree! SA is a great place to visit. Little disappointed that the Alamo didn't have any ghosts and smelled like a toilet tho.
    You know I have always been obsessed with the Alamo and I always felt like I had been there in another life. The first time I visited I instinctively knew where everything was and I also knew what was not original ( like the famous facade for example).
    It was weird and freaked out the woman I was with at the time who knew I had never been there. No ghosts seemed to be in residence that we heard about though.
    regards,
    Mary

havoc Guest
    Check out the Menger Hotel next to the Alamo. Its reported to be haunted. Its beautiful!

[SIZE=2]As to its resident ghosts, the historic Menger Hotel is said be called home or visited regularly by some 32 different entities. Seemingly, they don??t mind sharing the old hotel with the living, as they pleasantly go about their business.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The Menger's most famous spiritual guest is that of former President Teddy Roosevelt. It was here, in the Menger Bar, that Roosevelt recruited hard-living cowboys fresh from the Chisholm Trail, to his detachment of Rough Riders. Reportedly, Teddy would sit at the bar and as the cowboys came in, he would jovially offer them a free drink (or several) as he worked his recruiting strategy upon the unsuspecting cowpoke. Many sobered up the next morning to find themselves on their way to bsic military training at Fort Sam Houston before joining in the Spanish American War. Over the years, Roosevelt has reportedly been seen having a drink at the [/SIZE]dark little barroom off the main lobby.
    [SIZE=2]The most often sighted spiritual guest is a woman named Sallie White. Long ago, Sallie was a chambermaid who worked within the hotel and one night after an argument with her husband, she stayed overnight. The next day her husband threatened to kill her and some time later, on March 28, 1876, he attacked her inside the hotel. Badly injured, she held on for two days before dying of her injuries. According to the hotel??s ledgers, it paid for her funeral at a cost of $32.00. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Today, Sallie apparently continues to perform her duties within the Victorian wing of the hotel. Sallie has been seen numerous times wearing an old long gray skirt and a bandana around her forehead, the uniform common during her era. Primarily, appearing at night, Sallie is generally seen walking along the hotel hallways, carrying a load of clean towels for the guests.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Another apparition that is often reported is that of Captain Richard King, one time owner one of the largest ranches in the world ?? The King Ranch. A frequent visitor to the Menger Hotel during his lifetime, he had a personal suite within the hotel. When he learned of his impending death [/SIZE]from his personal physicians, Captain King spent the last months of his life, wrote his will disposing of his great wealth, and bade farewell to his friends in his suite at the Menger. On April 15, 1885, King??s funeral was held in the Menger??s parlor. Today, [SIZE=2]the room in which he stayed is called the "King Ranch Room.? He is often seen entering his old room, going right through the wall where the door was once located before it was remodeled. [/SIZE]Display cases and photographs on the walls of the first floor lobbies provide a glimpse into the Menger??s colorful past.
    [SIZE=2]Another ghostly spirit of a woman is often spotted sitting in the original lobby of the historic hotel. Wearing an old fashioned blue dress, small wire-framed glasses, and a tasseled beret in her hair, she sits quietly knitting. On one occasion a staff member stopped to ask her, "Are you comfortable...may I get you something?", only to be answered with an unfriendly "No? before the woman disappeared.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Another guest reported emerging from the shower to see an apparition dressed in a buckskin jacket and grey pants, who is busy having a heated conversation with an unseen presence. The entity demands to know; "Are you gonna stay or are you gonna go?" three times before vanishing.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Other entities have been known to "help" in the kitchen area, as various utensils have floated through the air seemingly all by themselves. Utensils are often seen transporting themselves from one area to another without the help of human hands.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Adjacent to the Alamo, some of these ghostly visitors to the hotel are attributed to the many that died during the battle of the Alamo. Often heavy footsteps and kicking are heard and old military boots are spied by the guests and staff.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Other spiritual guests are said to have been some of the many who have stayed there over the years, as well as those who were recruited into the Rough Riders. Though the number of entities counted at the historic Menger Hotel is high, all are said to be harmless to staff and visitors, doing nothing more than sometimes starling a guest or an employee.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The first choice of San Antonio ghost hunters, the hotel is located downtown, immediately adjacent to both the Alamo and the Rivercenter Mall.[/SIZE]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menger-inside-280.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	29123  

STsFirstmate Guest
    Wow I should definately revisit these places next time I am in San Antonio.
    One of my staff stayed at what turned out to be a haunted B&B on business trip to a small New England town. She said it was so obvious by the second day. The staff finally fessed up.
    Regards,
    Mary

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Check out the Menger Hotel next to the Alamo. Its reported to be haunted. Its beautiful! [/SIZE]
    Wow! Next time I visit San Antonio, I am SO there! I'd even pay extra to get Teddys' or Mr. Kings' rooms! Thanks for the info!

Tebssis Guest
    You know I have always been obsessed with the Alamo and I always felt like I had been there in another life. The first time I visited I instinctively knew where everything was and I also knew what was not original ( like the famous facade for example).
    It was weird and freaked out the woman I was with at the time who knew I had never been there. No ghosts seemed to be in residence that we heard about though.
    regards,
    Mary
    I had a connection too when I visited. Funny thing because I'd never taken that special an interest in the Alamo. But when I was there, I was horrified that it did seem in such dis-repair! It was like I felt a personal affront to the fact that nobody even cared enough to buy a dozen or so cans of Lysol to keep this grand memorial from smelling like a urinal.
    Maybe it's just a Hag thing.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    I also saw that pic lined up against others taken from Jim's 'Morrison Hotel' shoot on another website awhile back. (I can't remember the site though.). It was an exact match to a pic from that photo session. I think I posted that here before.

What else? Well, I've tended toward Bret Meisner being a parody persona created by Phil Hendrie. I used to listen to his radio show years ago because it was fucking hilarious. This sort of thing is also right up his alley. And Phil also loved having a bit of fun at the expense of the Art Bell crowd during his heyday.

There was a guy who looked just like Meisner on Phil's staff back then too. From an old station promo for Clear Channel (the company who used to broadcast Phil's show nationwide before he got with the company he's with now). So that's the other reason why I think that.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 10-27-2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Some people might be wondering, 'Who the hell is Phil Hendrie?' Well, there you go.

STsFirstmate Guest
    I had a connection too when I visited. Funny thing because I'd never taken that special an interest in the Alamo. But when I was there, I was horrified that it did seem in such dis-repair! It was like I felt a personal affront to the fact that nobody even cared enough to buy a dozen or so cans of Lysol to keep this grand memorial from smelling like a urinal.
    Maybe it's just a Hag thing.
    I may be wrong and I fully expect my Texas hag brothers and sisters to correct me but I think you have to be a direct descendant of someone who fought at the Alamo for either the Texans or Mexico to be a tour guide and I was impressed with our guide. She was a woman in her 40s who was clearly Hispanic and all Texan to the core. When discussing the final battle she had tears in her eyes like it happened to her brother in law yesterday.
    You have to respect that sense of history as the personal.
    Another great old place that is definitely haunted is the Wayside Inn in Sudbury Ma. It is a great place to visit and I have had several friends married in Martha Mary Chapel on the grounds.
    http://www.wayside.org/
    My better half and I rented a room there around Christmas a couple of years ago and it was definitely eventful.
    Doorknobs rattling during the night and light blocked under the door like someone was standing there but the hallway was empty when we opened the door.
    We could also clearly hear someone playing the spinet piano (distinctive sound) from an exhibit room on our floor but we we walked in that direction the music stopped.
    Several things happened and I would absolutely recommend a visit for dinner or to spend the night. The grounds and the gristmill are just beautiful.
    Regards,
    Mary

knothere Guest
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/10/27...ex.html?hpt=C2

ghost stories from around the world

havoc Guest
    I may be wrong and I fully expect my Texas hag brothers and sisters to correct me but I think you have to be a direct descendant of someone who fought at the Alamo for either the Texans or Mexico to be a tour guide and I was impressed with our guide. She was a woman in her 40s who was clearly Hispanic and all Texan to the core. When discussing the final battle she had tears in her eyes like it happened to her brother in law yesterday.
    You have to respect that sense of history as the personal.
    I had heard that about the tour guides, but not 100% sure. Whenever I go into the Alamo, I get a sense of just being trapped. Everytime.

One time while I was there with the kids. One of the police officers asked a young man to remove his hat. The kid just said "why?" The cop leaned in and said very quietly "out of respect and reverance."

Now that was chilling.....

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    I had heard that about the tour guides, but not 100% sure. Whenever I go into the Alamo, I get a sense of just being trapped. Everytime.

One time while I was there with the kids. One of the police officers asked a young man to remove his hat. The kid just said "why?" The cop leaned in and said very quietly "out of respect and reverance."

Now that was chilling.....

Well as a Texan think about it for a minute.

• it was originally a mission and therefore a church
      • The original order was to destroy the building and anything of value and to abandon the position. It was a decision counter to orders to stand and fight.
      • The men sent out to the surrounding towns to get reenforcement to a man returned to tell them no one besides the 20 who came were coming and to a man they decided to stay and almost certainly die.
      • When Santa Anna gave the ultimatum and defined the time after which no quarter would be given every man was offered the chance to leave. Only one man left, a non Texan.
      • They held off against a vastly superior force in both numbers and equipment and munitions with a small poorly armed, poorly trained group of frontier men and ranchers for 13 days. Additionally the Texas successfully sortied behind the enemy lines and damaged numerous cannon and killed several of the enemy.
      • When the Mexican troops band began to play the Deguello, a haunting military tune that means no quarter will be given, the Texans stood firm.
      • When they were over run finally they killed , every single one. Mexican officers tried to hide some wounded survivors under piles of the dead and they were in turn shot along with those they tried to hide.
      • The four martyrs Travis, Bowie, Dickinson and Crockett were pegged as the leaders and Santa Anna was so afraid of their legacy of courage he wanted no grave, no Christian burial, no monument to motivate other Texans to defend Texas. He therefore had their bodies burned and their ashes scattered to the wind. That means they are still there on some sort of atomic level you could say.
      • Texans never let it deter them, Instead they fought on "Remember Goliad, Remember the Alamo".
    It is one of the shrines of Texas and if their deeds and sacrifice don't merit hushed tones and removing your hat I don't know what does. I think the police officer was right. Of course this is a nonTexan's opinion but I am a Southerner and I am Irish and that makes me genetically predispositioned to be a sucker for lost causes.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Last edited by STsFirstmate; 10-27-2010 at 11:12 AM.

This is weird: A filmmaker in Belfast maintains that he's uncovered an outtake from a Charlie Chaplin film in 1928 that shows a woman talking on a cell phone. The suggestion here is that it's evidence of a time traveller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU

knothere Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    This is weird: A filmmaker in Belfast maintains that he's uncovered an outtake from a Charlie Chaplin film in 1928 that shows a woman talking on a cell phone. The suggestion here is that it's evidence of a time traveller:

weird hmmm now i wanna watch the whole movie

knothere Guest
    http://www.concierge.com/ideas/holid...rs/1563?page=0

yes u can get to this from the other link from cnn just tryin to make it easier n faster
    there r sum reeepeeets but still interesting

STsFirstmate Guest

Now that is interesting. I love the conundrum of time travel!
    Regards,
    Mary

This was on the TV news tonight. Okay, if she's a time traveler--say she was walking along and went through a portal--why then is her manner of dress not modern?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

havoc Guest

Whoa!!!!

Now that is interesting. I love the conundrum of time travel!
    Regards,
    Mary
    Me too.
    Einstein (I think it was Einstein...) said that if you could slide down a light beam (i.e. ride the front of the beam as it travelled from a light bulb to your eye), you could effectively stop time. Once you've got that far, it's not too much of a stretch to start speeding it up and slowing it down.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    This was on the TV news tonight. Okay, if she's a time traveler--say she was walking along and went through a portal--why then is her manner of dress not modern?
    If we sent back time travelers I would guess we would try not to totally freak people out. Maybe they would try to dress in period costume.
    There is a school of thought that the giant Haddron accelerator is being sabatoged from the future or past.
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2009/...otaged-future/
    I know some engineers I respect who really believe this to be fact.
    Regards,
    Mary

knothere Guest
    im still wondering how im gona fit on the lightbulb :O)

If we sent back time travelers I would guess we would try not to totally freak people out. Maybe they would try to dress in period costume.
    There is a school of thought that the giant Haddron accelerator is being sabatoged from the future or past.
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2009/...otaged-future/
    I know some engineers I respect who really believe this to be fact.
    Regards,
    Mary
    That's a very cool theory.
    I read somewhere that researchers have already managed to fire particles through a tube so fast that they leave the tube at exactly the same time they entered it.

I believe that UFO sightings are actually sightings of future generations of humans who've learned to travel through time.

knothere Guest
    how would we know if we did travel throo time

STsFirstmate Guest
    That's a very cool theory.
    I read somewhere that researchers have already managed to fire particles through a tube so fast that they leave the tube at exactly the same time they entered it.

I believe that UFO sightings are actually sightings of future generations of humans who've learned to travel through time.
    Yeah this device has the ability to come up with the next breakthrough theory like flight or electricity.
    I am on the fence about time travel, Either we assume that it hasn't and never is ever developed or we accept the humbling reality that nothing that has happened up to this point in time has been interesting enough for a time traveler to come back and investigate. That is a very humbling thought that will take you down a peg if you dwell on it.
    Regards,
    Mary

She kind of has man hands and feet.

It's bunk. There is no black 'device', it's just a shadow created by the shape of the woman's hand against her face. People believe it's a black box or cell phone through the power of the suggestion this 'you'll hear about us very soon and remember to associate the name of that film back there with this claim so you'll be curious enough to pony up the dough that I will then put in my pocket' film maker is selling. He also pushes the 'It's a man, baby!' approach I think because it gives a certain momentum to what he is selling. That would work, I imagine, on folks who don't know a lot about women or the times back then and how emphasis on appearance has evolved so much between now and then. Medical science too. Women her age looking as she does there being the rule rather than the exception in those days, as woman had finally gained some freedom in whether they chose comfort or to maintain a more Victorian appearance (covered but restrained is putting it mildly).

So why else do I think it's bunk? I think she is talking to the man in front of her. Notice he is also looking around, just in a different direction that she is. Why if it weren't for the hand to ear activity she's got goin' on, they'd almost be a perfect mirror of opposites that way even. Both walking, he appears to speak at one point, looks to the right, while she appears to look to the left. So I think she is actually talking to the man in front of her. She also appears at the end there to be speaking to a member of the crew in her last frames there. Film making then wasn't like it is today. Make a mistake that doesn't matter all that much? Keep going. Time, money and just basic things like film (even if you had the first two) to make movies not being as readily available as they are now.

Why else?

My grandfather, who was 29 when that Charlie Chaplin film was made, used to do the same thing with the hand to the ear thing. He lived to quite an old age and became hard of hearing. (Did he get hearing aids? Yes, later. But before my grandmother convinced him to do that, he'd instead put his hand to his ear just like that woman does to amplify sound during conversations. Did it create that sort of shadow? Sometimes.

Other people I saw who grew up in the pre-industrial revolution era but lived far beyond it did that 'my hand is all the hearing aid I need' thing too. I saw evidence in him that it was hard to kick the 'make do' mindset to the curb, even if one had the means to do so, when they'd lived through the Great Depression as he did. My husband's father still does it.

The presenter also fails to delve into any aspect of what the woman could be saying. Don't you think that would occur to someone who was really interested in getting to the bottom of what's going on there? I do. To me it appears as if the woman is asking the man in front of her to repeat himself. Her eyes are also on him shortly after he appears to say something and before she begins to do the same.

So many things in how this is presented and I'm just supposed to slip into the mindset that works for the presenter instead of viewing what I see objectively. Sorry but no.

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    how would we know if we did travel throo time
    You're doing it right now. We're having a conversation but aren't even here at the same time. Forums kick time travel ass like that.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 10-27-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Because 'make due' has an entirely different meaning doesn't it? Yes, it does.

doyleloyal Guest
    i believe the comment that someone left on the video that said that it was a man who was probably trying to hold on to some type of make up application. it even looks like he/she says "damnit"...
    it reminds me of that segment from "my ghost story" where the film maker was talking about how he caught "ghosts" on his film when VERY obviously it's just shadows and things of that nature made from light and odd camera angles.

jaylene Guest
    I think its a shoe. Even Maxwell Smart would joke around like
    he was talking into a shoe and the movie is called "The Circus."
    IDK it even looks like he shape of a shoe. Just a thought.

knothere Guest
    i didnt even think the idea of cell fones were around then walkie talkies i guess but in a silent film?lol

orionova Guest
    Interesting, Duster. I thought she (?) might be hiding her face from the camera, but if so, why turn towards the camera?

doyleloyal Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxv3m...eature=related

here's that segment from "My Ghost Story" that just for lack of a better word is hysterical. this film maker made a ode to silent film stars and once he went through the film and paused it at certain places the actors and actresses "morphed" into other being like devils and things like that. for one, it's shot in black and white so the shadows (when paused) look odd and two when you freeze a person in action within a frame they are going to look a little freaky. Anyways I found this story absolutely ridiculous and I think the cell phone charlie chaplin person makes a appearance as well!

here's the explination for the devil like images according to IMDB.COM:

Because this film used hand-cranked film cameras using black and white film, the speed varied between 16 and 18 frames per second. The transfer of the film negatives to the standard 24 frames per second during the editing process and ultimately the 60 frames on the NTSC standard television monitor, a number of images were transferred to some still "frames" on the DVD copies, causing a form of "morphing" to occur. In some instances a quick nod of the head placed a "phantom" eye in a forehead from a previous frame. In others, an actor with long hair would turn and create facial hair in another frame. This was a side effect due to the slower exposure time the old cameras were capable of capturing during the transfer to the rapid frame rate of modern film and video.
    Last edited by doyleloyal; 10-28-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doyleloyal View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxv3m...eature=related

here's that segment from "My Ghost Story" that just for lack of a better word is hysterical. this film maker made a ode to silent film stars and once he went through the film and paused it at certain places the actors and actresses "morphed" into other being like devils and things like that. for one, it's shot in black and white so the shadows (when paused) look odd and two when you freeze a person in action within a frame they are going to look a little freaky. Anyways I found this story absolutely ridiculous and I think the cell phone charlie chaplin person makes a appearance as well!

here's the explination for the devil like images according to IMDB.COM:

Because this film used hand-cranked film cameras using black and white film, the speed varied between 16 and 18 frames per second. The transfer of the film negatives to the standard 24 frames per second during the editing process and ultimately the 60 frames on the NTSC standard television monitor, a number of images were transferred to some still "frames" on the DVD copies, causing a form of "morphing" to occur. In some instances a quick nod of the head placed a "phantom" eye in a forehead from a previous frame. In others, an actor with long hair would turn and create facial hair in another frame. This was a side effect due to the slower exposure time the old cameras were capable of capturing during the transfer to the rapid frame rate of modern film and video.
    ♥!!!

The theory that woman is talking on a cel phone is ridiculous. There weren't any cel phone towers back then. A phone wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blue View Post
    The theory that woman is talking on a cel phone is ridiculous. There weren't any cel phone towers back then. A phone wouldn't work.
    Exactly.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD