Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 747545556575865 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,800 of 3643

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    What great old buildings! Thanks for the post!!

My cousin (just home from Iraq) showed me some pictures of places in Baghdad. There was a picture of a swimming pool with no water. By the ladder there was a big, red stain. He told me that Saddam used that pool to execute members of the Ba'ath party that upset him. My cousin told me that the stain had been cleaned by military personnel but the creepy thing is that is kept coming back. I will try to get a copy of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jaylene Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    My cousin (just home from Iraq) showed me some pictures of places in Baghdad. There was a picture of a swimming pool with no water. By the ladder there was a big, red stain. He told me that Saddam used that pool to execute members of the Ba'ath party that upset him. My cousin told me that the stain had been cleaned by military personnel but the creepy thing is that is kept coming back. I will try to get a copy of it.

Jaylene want's to see!!!

knothere Guest
    b interested in seeing the bath stain 2

Auntie Vi Guest

knothere Guest
    sory aunt vi but icant see it

jaylene Guest
    I see it. It's a person standing there in white.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    It looks like its pointing at the camera? Thats so cool!

knothere Guest
    dayum i wish i coood c it

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    dayum i wish i coood c it
    Look into the red circle.....you should see a white figure. You can see the whole body, head to feet (almost) and its pointing!

imadeathhag Guest
    Man I would love to go to this! Just touring the occult museum would be awesome.

http://www.warrens.net/Events---Cale...rd-Dinner.html

knothere Guest
    o well i cant c it

something/someone seems to really enjoy stacking soda cans on top of each other here. i came home yesterday to find 3 cans stacked by my washer and dryer again. the first time it happened was also by the washer and dryer. i have to say it is pretty damn neat.
    â??You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.â?

knothere Guest
    u mean a ghost staks it lol just jk ing

imadeathhag Guest
    I should check this place out the next time I'm in St. Augustine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e912...eature=related

PurrPurr Guest

Moundsville aka West Virginia State Penitentiary

I've always was fascinated by this place since the 1986 riot:

[SIZE=5]Moundsville State Penitentiary[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Featured on MTV's "Fear"

Do the ghosts of dead prisoners still haunt the prison?
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The Moundsville State Penitentiary, built in 1867 (during the Cival War Era) has been called both one of the Most Haunted Places in America.. and one of the top 500 places to visit while traveling. Although our official report has not been completed, we can assure you that if you visit the prison after dark.. you will experience some sort of Phonomenon. Moundsville is located in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia near Wheeling. The prison itself is built next to an old Indian Burial Mound, from which the city takes it's name. Could this be the reason for so many sightings?
    Seasonal Tours are available at the prison and you can link to the official site at the bottom of the page.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Moundsville is located in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, near the town of Wheeling. It is a very small town named after the Indian Burial Mound that was discovered in the town. The mound is just across the street from the prison. You can contact the prison for touring information at 304)845-6200, or click on the link below:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]WV Penitentiary Online[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]MTV Online/Fear[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]See what happened when MTV took the show, "Fear," to the Moundsville State Penitentiary![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The prison is home to what we believe to be numerous Residual Hauntings. Residual Hauntings are best explained as a replay of a particular tragedy. Whenever a tragedy occurs, energy is released. At times this energy is triggered, and the result is a replay of the event itself.
    There have also been reports of Poltergeist Activity within the walls of Moundsville. One report in particular, claims that an entrance gate turns itself periodically.. as if new prisoners were still arriving at the prison. (which closed in 1995!)
    The prison has been a home to thousands of the country's most notorious criminals. Charles Manson, himself, spent some time there.. and requested on numerous occassions to be sent back to Moundsville to serve his time. It has also been a place where horrible crimes have been committed. Murder, torture, suicide, rape, and well over 90 executions have all added to the energy in the prison. Visual sightings, sounds of slamming cell doors, screams, and phantom footsteps are all seen and heard here. If you visit the prison, be sure to check out the "Sugar Shack," and the Chapel. (reportedly the 2 most haunted areas of the prison!)
    [/SIZE]

imadeathhag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    I've always was fascinated by this place since the 1986 riot:

[SIZE=5]Moundsville State Penitentiary[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Featured on MTV's "Fear"

Do the ghosts of dead prisoners still haunt the prison?
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The Moundsville State Penitentiary, built in 1867 (during the Cival War Era) has been called both one of the Most Haunted Places in America.. and one of the top 500 places to visit while traveling. Although our official report has not been completed, we can assure you that if you visit the prison after dark.. you will experience some sort of Phonomenon. Moundsville is located in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia near Wheeling. The prison itself is built next to an old Indian Burial Mound, from which the city takes it's name. Could this be the reason for so many sightings?
    Seasonal Tours are available at the prison and you can link to the official site at the bottom of the page.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Moundsville is located in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, near the town of Wheeling. It is a very small town named after the Indian Burial Mound that was discovered in the town. The mound is just across the street from the prison. You can contact the prison for touring information at 304)845-6200, or click on the link below:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]WV Penitentiary Online[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]MTV Online/Fear[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]See what happened when MTV took the show, "Fear," to the Moundsville State Penitentiary![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The prison is home to what we believe to be numerous Residual Hauntings. Residual Hauntings are best explained as a replay of a particular tragedy. Whenever a tragedy occurs, energy is released. At times this energy is triggered, and the result is a replay of the event itself.
    There have also been reports of Poltergeist Activity within the walls of Moundsville. One report in particular, claims that an entrance gate turns itself periodically.. as if new prisoners were still arriving at the prison. (which closed in 1995!)
    The prison has been a home to thousands of the country's most notorious criminals. Charles Manson, himself, spent some time there.. and requested on numerous occassions to be sent back to Moundsville to serve his time. It has also been a place where horrible crimes have been committed. Murder, torture, suicide, rape, and well over 90 executions have all added to the energy in the prison. Visual sightings, sounds of slamming cell doors, screams, and phantom footsteps are all seen and heard here. If you visit the prison, be sure to check out the "Sugar Shack," and the Chapel. (reportedly the 2 most haunted areas of the prison!)
    [/SIZE]

If you ever get a chance to go to one of their all night investigations, go for it! I went twice it was awesome.

imadeathhag Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imadeathhag View Post
    That is a little on the freaky side. Wonder what the full story is?

imadeathhag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kaseyko1 View Post
    That is a little on the freaky side. Wonder what the full story is?

I was wondering too.
    Last edited by imadeathhag; 04-25-2010 at 09:14 PM.

jaylene Guest
    That is freaky. Wonder if its someone messing
    around but they would have to run quick.

GravesEnd Guest
    Very cool, interesting. I don't see how someone could get away that quick. Since the person with camera was very close and moved quickly around the corner. Also, looks like the girl is wearing some long, dark clothing. The only other explanation I would have would be if it was a hoax and the video was edited.
    Last edited by GravesEnd; 04-26-2010 at 11:26 AM.

knothere Guest
    id say fotoshoped

Haunted places in Georgia. Three items about my hometown of Buford. http://theshadowlands.net/places/georgia.htm
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-02-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Haunted places in Georgia. Three items about my hometown of Buford. http://theshadowlands.net/places/georgia.htm
    I'd love to see that picture in Hobby Lobby! Guess I'd better get my ticket to come visit Buford.

Man I would love to go to this! Just touring the occult museum would be awesome.

http://www.warrens.net/Events---Cale...rd-Dinner.html
    Check out the link for the Occult Museum. There's a brief story about a rag doll, Annabelle, that's in a glass case. It allegedly slashed a man on his chest and was exorcised, but it's supposed to have residual evil. Someone in the museum claimed to have seen the doll shaking her head up and down at him. Chuckie's bride!
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by kaseyko1 View Post
    I'd love to see that picture in Hobby Lobby! Guess I'd better get my ticket to come visit Buford.
    I've got to get down there and see it. I also need to gird my loins and visit the city cemetery at night, take some pics. It's supposed to be the most haunted in the county. But I'm ascared. I doubt hubs would go with me, either. I could take Harry, but. Lol.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I've had a bit of a weird thing going on the last day or so. I just put up 3 more bookcases in my home office/library, so I finally have everything all in one room. Part of the "finishing touches" was putting out more framed photos. I found the big one of my uncle and I at my grandparents' 50th anniversary (oy, 21 years ago! a friend saw it today and said "Is that you?!?"), and put it on a shelf about 5 1/2 feet up. My uncle committed suicide about 7 years ago, and was extremely active after his death. I last "heard" from him about 3 or 4 years ago around the anniversary of his death. He was one of the funniest people I have ever met, yet one of the most emotionally tortured. Honestly, I could talk about him all day. But...that damned picture has fallen 3 times in the last 24 hours or so. The shelf is too high for kitties, and is not near an air vent. I moved it about 2 hours ago, and am keeping my fingers crossed. I put another picture of similar size and weight in the same place to see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by GravesEnd View Post
    Very cool, interesting. I don't see how someone could get away that quick. Since the person with camera was very close and moved quickly around the corner. Also, looks like the girl is wearing some long, dark clothing. The only other explanation I would have would be if it was a hoax and the video was edited.
    Well it looks good. I dont know if its real or fake, but nothing can leave that fast! It's good!

I just registered my haunted house to that link above Haunted Places in Buford. I hope they list it!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

slw Guest
    I saw a ghost when I was about 8 or 9 in our home. It was at night and I could clearly see a face in my cupboard. Funnily enough it did not freak me out I just checked in the morning to see if it could have been something else!! I told my mum about it and she believed me! we had our vicar in to bless our house. I wasn't there at the time but he came to our house and blessed each room in turn. Then told my mum not to follow him out and that she would probably not feel quite herself the rest of the day. She said the moment he left she developed a massive headache which took a while to shake off.

More spooky though is my sister. If she says something and then says 'you mark my words' it usually happens. Especially if shes angry with someone!! Thankfully she hasn't asked for anything really bad to happen to any of us!! Lol!

and on a lighter note I have a black ghost cat. I used to have a black cat and I'd like to think its her but this cat has only been with us in this house and I had lived elsewhere since losing Sootsie and never saw her there.

In The Sun today there is a good photo of a ghostly girl ! I cant save the photo as its copy writed but here the llink:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...otel-room.html

It looks good!

knothere Guest
    at that same link theres a pic of a ghost boy also

jaylene Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    In The Sun today there is a good photo of a ghostly girl ! I cant save the photo as its copy writed but here the llink:

It looks good!

That just freaked the shit outta me!

It looks good!

Poor little ghost girl. It sounds like she needs to be told it's ok to move on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Poor little ghost girl. It sounds like she needs to be told it's ok to move on
    I have to say I have ended up in tears after being forced to stay at a Ramada Inn more than once so she has my full support and sympathy!
    regards,
    mary

Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    I've had a bit of a weird thing going on the last day or so. I just put up 3 more bookcases in my home office/library, so I finally have everything all in one room. Part of the "finishing touches" was putting out more framed photos. I found the big one of my uncle and I at my grandparents' 50th anniversary (oy, 21 years ago! a friend saw it today and said "Is that you?!?"), and put it on a shelf about 5 1/2 feet up. My uncle committed suicide about 7 years ago, and was extremely active after his death. I last "heard" from him about 3 or 4 years ago around the anniversary of his death. He was one of the funniest people I have ever met, yet one of the most emotionally tortured. Honestly, I could talk about him all day. But...that damned picture has fallen 3 times in the last 24 hours or so. The shelf is too high for kitties, and is not near an air vent. I moved it about 2 hours ago, and am keeping my fingers crossed. I put another picture of similar size and weight in the same place to see what happens...
    Has there been any activity with the new picture, Maxy? My interest is highly piqued.

It looks good!
    Oh, that is so freaky. I could understand not wanting to stay there.

GravesEnd Guest

It looks good!
    I always love that part of The Sun news. Looks interesting. Of course, the skeptics will say it was hoaxed. It is always the dilemma, if the picture is too clear it is faked but if it is obscure then it is some other rational explanation.

GravesEnd Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    That just freaked the shit outta me!
    LOL, Jaylene if you live in Indiana, did you know your state is one of the most haunted states? I have heard of more hauntings coming from Indiana, and had a good friend who lived in a very active haunted home there.

jaylene Guest
    LOL, Jaylene if you live in Indiana, did you know your state is one of the most haunted states? I have heard of more hauntings coming from Indiana, and had a good friend who lived in a very active haunted home there.

Oh do tell!!! I had no idea.

MunstersBabe Guest
    When I die, I want to come back and stay for awhile. I'd like to call up old friends and family and say, "Hidee doo!". Perhaps I would even make myself known to those I love and become something not even an exorcist could get rid of when I come to haunt my exhusband. I think the afterlife would be so cool!

GravesEnd Guest
    Oh do tell!!! I had no idea.
    The haunted areas I heard most about were around Indianapolis and Greencastle area. There is a famous picture of an apparition in a window in an abandoned brick home (has since been torn down). I will have to find that picture and post it here. It is quite incredible if it wasn't a hoax. It was taken on 35 mm film though and not digital. My friend lived in a suburb of Indianapolis and experienced all sorts of things in her home, including hearing voices, seeing misty shapes, even a full apparition of a man walking down in the basement. This wasn't an old, creepy home but actually very modern in a subdivision. Her children one evening heard someone running around on the carpet which upset them. I remember talking to her on my phone when I heard like a static popping and it was an orb that had gone through a wall. Also, her dog would jump for no reason like bumping into something invisible. Then there was the time I was talking to her and a female voice cut in and yelled at me for intruding on the home and family.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the 'Pink Lady of Greencastle'. Very remarkable photos if they are real.

http://ghosthauntings.org/The_Pink_L...eencastle.aspx
    Last edited by GravesEnd; 05-07-2010 at 12:33 PM.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Do you know why it is so haunted? Same reason as Kentucky.It is all over the top of Limestone bedrock which is a huge conductor of paranornal activity allegedly.
    http://www.liparanormalinvestigators.com/rocks.shtml
    That's why all the knobs and hollers down yonder where I was born are full of haunts!
    No kidding!
    regards,
    mary

jaylene Guest
    Oh wow Graves End thanks for that. Those pictures and video
    were creepy. I did read a book about haunted America and every
    state is listed and one of the stories in it is a town not to far from
    me called Americus. I love the town. Its along the Wabash and the
    book says its because of the battles there. It said at a certain time
    at night you can hear troops marching. Its a very small town but
    beautiful. Don't they also say water has something to do with it?

GravesEnd Guest
    Oh wow Graves End thanks for that. Those pictures and video
    were creepy. I did read a book about haunted America and every
    state is listed and one of the stories in it is a town not to far from
    me called Americus. I love the town. Its along the Wabash and the
    book says its because of the battles there. It said at a certain time
    at night you can hear troops marching. Its a very small town but
    beautiful. Don't they also say water has something to do with it?
    I heard that too about the water conducting paranormal activity. A psychic told me that was one reason why the Queen Mary was so haunted. It is like most things paranormal difficult to prove though. I would love a place like Americus. Indiana was also part of the 'underground railroad', and its rich history

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Do you know why it is so haunted? Same reason as Kentucky.It is all over the top of Limestone bedrock which is a huge conductor of paranornal activity allegedly.
    http://www.liparanormalinvestigators.com/rocks.shtml
    That's why all the knobs and hollers down yonder where I was born are full of haunts!
    No kidding!
    regards,
    mary

I wondered if the limestone had something to do with it-
    I read that the college I went to was one of the most haunted colleges in Indiana.
    I swear I don't recall anyone talking about ghosts when I was there.

I still remember that time I picked up the phone in my Mother's house and someone was on the line. I remembered yesterday that it did sound like my Mother. Another woman who sounded really old and sick was talking slowly to her.

Nobody was on the phone downstairs-I picked the phone up downstairs and there was just a dial tone.

jaylene Guest
    I heard that too about the water conducting paranormal activity. A psychic told me that was one reason why the Queen Mary was so haunted. It is like most things paranormal difficult to prove though. I would love a place like Americus. Indiana was also part of the 'underground railroad', and its rich history
    My daughter lives along the Wabash where the trail of death comes
    thru. Its an even smaller town called Georgetown. We camp in their
    backyard and I tell ya I don't know what it is but that area bothers
    me. There is always strange noises in the night and weird wind that
    will come up one this side of the road but not the other. I told my SIL
    to keep a sweet tree or bush in the yard. Thats supposed to keep the
    Indian Gods appeased or whatever. He had an apple tree he cut down
    now he cut down the last one a peach tree. So, it should be an interesting summer camping out there. Maybe I need to take some garlic
    with me or something. I told him not to do it!

KristinEileen Guest
    Very fascinating story. I would like to hear more. I love these first hand accounts, and multiple ghosts at that. I'm quite envious since I would love to work or live in such a place. Thanks for sharing!
    Well, the plot thickens. In the two and a half months since my original post we have had a lot more go on...Things have gotten to a point where now the owner has called in a group of paranormal investigators. They should be coming in the next few weeks.

Most recently we believe that we have caught something in one of the service rooms down in the kitchen. I will try and upload it in a few minutes..it looks to be a little girl. The bakery manager has been "tugged" on repeatedly over the last few weeks. Almost like how a little kid would tug on their mother's apron...

We had one of our enrobers (this is what we use to cover candy centers) catch on fire one night for no reason. A phone call was placed to the owner about a smoke alarm going off in the production room and was asked if he wanted the fire dept. sent out. Stupidly he said no. When he got into the building it was filled with smoke, at the end of the line there is a hand coating room that SHOULD have had it's light turned off..but for whatever reason the light was still on and as the owner looked up he saw a dark, shadow-like figure standing there. We believe that this is the man who originally owned the farmstead. And to add to the original post; this is the man who is buried in the bottom of the carriage house. This has been confirmed!

We have also had an incident where one of the girls was closing up the upstairs and had shut off all of the lights, when she went to check the locks in the farthest room she heard a click, turned around and all of the lights were back on. She shut the lights off and ran...as she got to the top of the steps she heard what sounded like a small girl whining or pouting as you would if you weren't getting your own way say "Kiimmyy". As though she was pouting because Kimmy didn't want to play...

GravesEnd Guest
    Fascinating account KristinEllen. You probably know those of us who are into ghosts and paranormal would give anything to be in your shoes lol.

Have you ever noticed how so many stories involve ghost girls? One of my theories is that it may be the result of their high energy, and the fact that so many children died untimely and tragic deaths in the 1800s and turn of the century. I heard PA is another very haunted state. Once again, it is rich in history. I heard author Rosemary Ellen Guiley say she felt Pennsylvania was the most paranormal state in the country.
    Last edited by GravesEnd; 05-08-2010 at 06:45 PM.

GravesEnd Guest
    My daughter lives along the Wabash where the trail of death comes
    thru. Its an even smaller town called Georgetown. We camp in their
    backyard and I tell ya I don't know what it is but that area bothers
    me. There is always strange noises in the night and weird wind that
    will come up one this side of the road but not the other. I told my SIL
    to keep a sweet tree or bush in the yard. Thats supposed to keep the
    Indian Gods appeased or whatever. He had an apple tree he cut down
    now he cut down the last one a peach tree. So, it should be an interesting summer camping out there. Maybe I need to take some garlic
    with me or something. I told him not to do it!

I would like to hear if you get any weird vibs the next time you visit.LOL. Also, I forgot to mention that there is another haunted area in Indiana. The Edna Collins covered bridge. I had a friend get an EVP of a little girl there. It was quite remarkable. It is also near Greencastle.

http://www.countyhistory.com/coveredbridge/putnam5.htm