Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 242495051525360 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 3643

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

knothere Guest
    the last pic is so weird n spookee

cachluv Guest
    I missed it. I got home at 5:15pm ET and my husband called to ask me to come get him. I know rush hour traffic everywhere is bad but here in the DC suburbs, it's horrible. We didn't get home till well after 6p.

I really, really want to hear this though..............................

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    Mikey, you rock! MBalmr - great story!
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    I heard it! That was wonderful, Annie! And great reading, Duster! You two should become a team.
    Thanks all .
    My bosses at the CBC have been bugging me for the past 3 years to do a Christmas story, which I have had incredible trouble doing. Annie and I are now collaberating on one, but a Christmas story is waaaayyy tougher than a Halloween strory...We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    I missed it. I got home at 5:15pm ET and my husband called to ask me to come get him. I know rush hour traffic everywhere is bad but here in the DC suburbs, it's horrible. We didn't get home till well after 6p.

I really, really want to hear this though..............................
    This SO sucks Bonnie - you were the one who figured out the link, which is something I should have been able do, ffs...You of all people should have gotten to hear it. Anyway, we have the CD of Tom Harrington introducing the story and then the story itself. John Trim apparently knows a way that I can post the contents of the cd, which I'll do tout suite.

I can post a hard copy of the story, if Annie says it's okay?

cachluv Guest
    Mike, John and Annie--you guys are awesome. We love the hell outta you guys

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Thanks all .
    My bosses at the CBC have been bugging me for the past 3 years to do a Christmas story, which I have had incredible trouble doing. Annie and I are now collaberating on one, but a Christmas story is waaaayyy tougher than a Halloween strory...We'll see.
    I have a great idea for a Christmas story. How about a guy who's really stingy with his money and on Christmas eve he gets visited by these 3 ghosts who show him the error of his way. Maybe figure out a way to add a crippled kid into the story. Or!!!! Maybe an old guy who's a department store Santa in New York but thinks he's the real Santa. No one believes him but in the end he turns out to be the real Santa. Another great idea I had was for a story about a guy who want's to jump of a bridge and an apprentice angel stops him and show him what the lives of his loved ones would be like without him.

John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks all .

This SO sucks Bonnie - you were the one who figured out the link, which is something I should have been able do, ffs...You of all people should have gotten to hear it. Anyway, we have the CD of Tom Harrington introducing the story and then the story itself. John Trim apparently knows a way that I can post the contents of the cd, which I'll do tout suite.

If you need help with uploading the cd let me know. We can hook up on the phone and I can talk you through it.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The ghost hunt was a good laugh! I knew it wasn't going to a very spooky do but still it made us scream and laugh. We were taken into a part of the castle which has never been used before. I asked two girls to go in front of me incase something jumped out at us. Suddely a man in a gas mask jumped out at us and made all the girls scream! He took us into the tunnels and told us about mad crazy Harold, who ran into the group and dragged off the gas mask man! More screams by me and the girls lol. We then met the mad Doctor covered in fake blood with a dead body under a sheet, also he had a maid tied to a table lol. I went to school with her! He made little kids pull out body parts from the dead body and then took the maid's eyes out haha! Then Dracula told us a story, about the Prince and the Piano player. She loved him, they had a affair but he treated her like rubbish. At a fancy dress party, she dressed as a maid and during hide and seek, she hid in the castle keep. She was killed but wasn't found for ages, the prince was hung for her murder but he didn't do it. As he looked back to the castle keep, the door opened........as he did that....the fire doors opened and the 2nd group looked in and said sorry lol! It was great as we screamed in fear!

We didn't see anything spooky but got two photos with orbs. Here is my photo: What looks like an orb is by Dracula's head!

My mate Tim took a photo of us in the tunnell and he got 5 orbs! I Will post it here later! But it that an orb?

radiojane Guest
    I missed it Shame on me for neglecting my findadeath. But what an awesome opportunity!! Congrats!

MbalmR Guest
    Thanks all .

I'm fine with that! Thanks!

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    I have a great idea for a Christmas story. How about a guy who's really stingy with his money and on Christmas eve he gets visited by these 3 ghosts who show him the error of his way. Maybe figure out a way to add a crippled kid into the story. Or!!!! Maybe an old guy who's a department store Santa in New York but thinks he's the real Santa. No one believes him but in the end he turns out to be the real Santa. Another great idea I had was for a story about a guy who want's to jump of a bridge and an apprentice angel stops him and show him what the lives of his loved ones would be like without him.
    LOL!!!!!

Congratulations guys! I am so proud of my fellow hags! How does one honor such achievement? For you, Annie, I will purchase a large bag of circus peanuts, then set it dramatically afire! For you, Mike, I will go to Target, fill up a cart with cleaning supplies, then abandon it for some beer!

Seriously, I can't wait to hear the story!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    The ghost hunt was a good laugh! I knew it wasn't going to a very spooky do but still it made us scream and laugh. We were taken into a part of the castle which has never been used before. I asked two girls to go in front of me incase something jumped out at us. Suddely a man in a gas mask jumped out at us and made all the girls scream! He took us into the tunnels and told us about mad crazy Harold, who ran into the group and dragged off the gas mask man! More screams by me and the girls lol. We then met the mad Doctor covered in fake blood with a dead body under a sheet, also he had a maid tied to a table lol. I went to school with her! He made little kids pull out body parts from the dead body and then took the maid's eyes out haha! Then Dracula told us a story, about the Prince and the Piano player. She loved him, they had a affair but he treated her like rubbish. At a fancy dress party, she dressed as a maid and during hide and seek, she hid in the castle keep. She was killed but wasn't found for ages, the prince was hung for her murder but he didn't do it. As he looked back to the castle keep, the door opened........as he did that....the fire doors opened and the 2nd group looked in and said sorry lol! It was great as we screamed in fear!

We didn't see anything spooky but got two photos with orbs. Here is my photo: What looks like an orb is by Dracula's head!

My mate Tim took a photo of us in the tunnell and he got 5 orbs! I Will post it here later! But it that an orb?
    It looks like one to me, barely visable. I had one sort of like that in the pic I took in my office earlier this year.

Sounds like you had a ball.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

On Oct 18 my wife clearly heard my daughters voice about 11:30 at night.
    When my son came home on the 19th we found out he was out with his girlfriend
    and these morons were bugging his GF, she was yelling back and when they left
    these morons jumped him hurting his jaw and fracturing his tooth.
    My wife asked him where he was around 11:30 and he said he was on his way to the ER.
    She told him about hearing his sisters voice and he just broke out into this huge smile.
    I guess he's happy his little sister is watching out for him.
    Kind of makes me a little happy too knowing she's with us at least in spirit.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    My wife asked him where he was around 11:30 and he said he was on his way to the ER.
    She told him about hearing his sisters voice and he just broke out into this huge smile.
    That is a wonder thing, hun. Mama died in 2006. In a time of turmoil, my middle sister heard my mom calling her name and my sister was instantly at peace.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jersey - it a wonderful feeling, isn't it? God bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    Jersey - it a wonderful feeling, isn't it? God bless you.
    That was a very nice and appreciated response to my post.
    Unfortunately your team is playing my team and it hurts cause
    last I checked Phillies were ahead 3-0. That hurts.
    It hurt to watch Lee that fist game O U C H.
    I almost put a Phillies hat on.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

17. 10-31-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    It looks like one to me, barely visable. I had one sort of like that in the pic I took in my office earlier this year.

Sounds like you had a ball.
    I plan to show the other photo my mate took in the tunnell, theres about 5 orbs coming towards us! Very cool! It was a good laugh, I did have a sore throat from screaming haha

Here is the photo taken in the tunnel, we can see everyone looking around and above their heads are 5 orbs.....

So are they orbs?

Jersey, that is just awesome! I'm so glad your daughter has "checked in" to let y'all know she's watching over you!

Here is the photo taken in the tunnel, we can see everyone looking around and above their heads are 5 orbs.....

So are they orbs?
    Yes! Wow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yes! Wow.
    I knew it was haunted! When we checked the photos only two photos had orbs but thats enough!

I knew it was haunted! When we checked the photos only two photos had orbs but thats enough!
    Same here. I took a whole bunch of photos where he paces and just one had orbs.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I don't get orbs. Has anyone ever actually 'seen' one other than in a photo. I just don't think they are anything but reflections. I mean, you don't see orbs floating around yet they show up in pictures? Not saying theres not something there but explain it to me...what are they supposed to be?

jaylene Guest
    I think it has something to do with digital cameras. Notice we never heard about "orbs" until they came out. I have gotten them on mine when we were camping and it was the reflection from the lanterns and campfire. So no I don't get it either

Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    I think it has something to do with digital cameras. Notice we never heard about "orbs" until they came out. I have gotten them on mine when we were camping and it was the reflection from the lanterns and campfire. So no I don't get it either

Well orbs became the rage once digital cameras came out because it kinda solidified the fact that something was there. It used to be that orbs were thought of to be problems with the film. Whether light hitting it or development problems, but since digies have come out that can't happen anymore, so orbs have gotten a bit more attention now a days.

The thing to watch out for is dust. With cameras with high Megapixel rating you can pick up dust with can look orby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

jaylene Guest
    That all made alot of sense Miho. Interesting stuff for sure. I also read somewhere that if you look at them close they all look like they have smiles. I'm not saying its not real just what I observed on my camera.

What can't be explained is that the orbs show up on some pics and not on others. I took several shots of the same area, yet orbs showed on only one pic.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

What can't be explained is that the orbs show up on some pics and not on others. I took several shots of the same area, yet orbs showed on only one pic.

Yep Ive had that happen before too. Orbs are interesting to say the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Yes, they are, and I choose to believe.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

ChiFan27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post

There's no such thing. Orbs on film are only dust or bugs. Give me something concrete and I'll believe.

ChiFan27 Guest

So are they orbs?

Nope. Just dust or something on the lense.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFan27 View Post
    How do you KNOW? Seriously.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

b_fly27 Guest
    You know that an orb is dust or water when you close up on the picture and the orb has a cell wall look to it.

But if they are not dust or reflections...what are they?

But if they are not dust or reflections...what are they?
    Let's put it this way. I stood there clicking several pics and two orbs were one one and none on the others. I do not think dust can disappear that freaking fast. And my lens are hidden when I turn my camara off and there was no contamination on it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

hoxharding Guest
    Jason Hawes in TAPS doesn't give orbs much merit-he stated it may be an indicator of a haunting but isn't actual proof if a haunting. Something about it may be proof of energy there but doesn't mean there is a spirit there.

Ok, no one is getting my question. I'm not arguing anything. People believe what they want. I have pics with orbs and never think twice, but I realize to some they represent something. What are they supposed to represent? Ghosts, spirits? Energy?

b_fly27 Guest
    Orbs are spectrums of energy manifesting in one area. (AKA energy being taken from the air and made into a bubble- it happens with the molecules. It also makes lightning.) Or they can be a dust particle or bug only seen being outlined from that spectrum. People like to think of them as ghosts but scientifically they aren't.

This is a pretty good idea of what an orb is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFan27 View Post
    The tunnell was clean with no dust. I dont think it's dust. I love the fact I get something cool and it's knocked down. I think it's orbs, if you dont agree thats fine!

Quote Originally Posted by b_fly27 View Post
    Orbs are spectrums of energy manifesting in one area. (AKA energy being taken from the air and made into a bubble- it happens with the molecules. It also makes lightning.) Or they can be a dust particle or bug only seen being outlined from that spectrum. People like to think of them as ghosts but scientifically they aren't.

This is a pretty good idea of what an orb is.
    Thanks! That's all I was wondering.

hoxharding Guest
    They updated the MJ ghost video again-just showing this-no idea what to think.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goq81jzZfQI

The tunnell was clean with no dust. I dont think it's dust. I love the fact I get something cool and it's knocked down. I think it's orbs, if you dont agree thats fine!
    I believe you! I don't believe orbs are ghosts, but an energy that reveals their presence.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I don't know what to think, either.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I don't know what to think, either.

I hadn't seen that. Thanks! I think some of the CNN stuff could be from all the lights that were set up in the house. There were lots of people walking around with all that wood. Reflections could be possible.

However, that first shot with his brother. WTF is that?!?!?!?! If I ever thought a ghost looked like someone this pic is it. That is friggen creepy as all hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As I've said more than a few times I do see a shrink every week.
    When I saw her a few days ago and I told her about my wife hearing my daughters voice and she asked me the weirdest question and I didn't know if she was kidding or not, she asked if I was jealous my daughter talked to my wife and not me. I told her no.
    The next day I talked to my wifes cousin who's both parents died, her mother preceding her father by well over 10+ years and everytime someone heard the mother talking to them he'd get mad and insulted she didn't talk to him.

I wasn't angry or jealous about my mother talking to my sister. Why would I? My sister has always been fragile and had been going through a stressful time and my mother reached out to her and calmed her down. On the other hand, I have always been strong and depended upon myself and don't need mama's calming voice. Of course, as sister said, "You wouldn't hear her if she screamed at you."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Wow I hd seen the shadow right after the broadcast but I had never seen the face behind Jermaine. I think something is up there.
    Regards,
    Mary

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I don't get orbs. Has anyone ever actually 'seen' one other than in a photo. I just don't think they are anything but reflections. I mean, you don't see orbs floating around yet they show up in pictures? Not saying theres not something there but explain it to me...what are they supposed to be?
    I get 'em in photos all the time...reflections, light, dust, camera artifacts, whatever. I really don't believe they're anything supernatural, but that's just me. In the realm of the preternatural, perhaps...but supernatural, I'm a big skeptic. Not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I get 'em in photos all the time...reflections, light, dust, camera artifacts, whatever. I really don't believe they're anything supernatural, but that's just me. In the realm of the preternatural, perhaps...but supernatural, I'm a big skeptic. Not buying it.
    You could be right, Jack. All I know is I have taken tons of pics in different places and neven an orb, but that one, taken in my office, where there is a ghost afoot.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    You could be right, Jack. All I know is I have taken tons of pics in different places and neven an orb, but that one, taken in my office, where there is a ghost afoot.
    Whatever they are Cindy, they irritate the hell out of me and I always instantly 'delete' any photos they show up in. Little photobombers.