Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41484950515259 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 3643

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

pvezz Guest
    In other parts of the northern US, check the CBC Radio regional station nearest you.

What if we don't have one???

stinkythejokedog Guest
    no secret that she rules

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    In other parts of the northern US, check the CBC Radio regional station nearest you.

What if we don't have one???

Hey P - it's possible you can pull in CBC Windsor - that would be the closest to you, I think.

For people who can't, it will be recorded to DVD, which I'll try to find a way to post. It is a VERY cool little story. Chilling.

John Connor Guest
    Cool. I will be listening.

Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    Cool. I will be listening.

You'll get it easily JC...

It's narrated by me, btw....I recorded it earlier today.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    is there an online listening link?

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    You'll get it easily JC...

It's narrated by me, btw....I recorded it earlier today.
    Is there any way you can record it and send it me in an pm3?

what's a pm3?

Just put mine on a nice leetle cassette tape, or laser disk, or 8-track or something simple. thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Sam Guest
    Yes, please find some way all of us can hear it. It sounds FANTASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    is there an online listening link?
    I'm not sure. I'm a technotard.

If you're closer to Buffalo or Rochester, you should be able to pull it in fairly easily, NYD.

If not, check, the CBC Radio website: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/

Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    what's a pm3?

Just put mine on a nice leetle cassette tape, or laser disk, or 8-track or something simple. thanks.
    I'm going to try to find out what a pm3 is. I know we're getting a cd - but that's as far as my technical knowledge goes

But an 8-TRACK?!? NOW you're talking my language Judy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yes, please find some way all of us can hear it. It sounds FANTASTIC!
    It's a really well-written, really chilling little piece of work. Well worth a listen...

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    what's a pm3?

OOPS; mp3; I suck. I'm a techno-retard.

Well I'll wait for it to drift down here eagerly!
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Nelliebean Guest
    I checked their program guide and couldn't find it.

ChargerBill Guest
    Woohoo Congrats

cachluv Guest
    Way to Go Annie!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    I checked their program guide and couldn't find it.
    It's being released tomorrow by the CBC's Syndication Service. It'll only be played by regional stations - not any national CBC Radio shows.

The regional shows don't normally post a program guide in advance, for the simple reason that they won't have decided til tomorrow (Friday) what stories their afternoon shows will actally be playing.

In any event, most of those shows have little material to choose from and will snap this up.

As I've mentioned, it will air for certain on the flagship Toronto station at 5:50-ish tomorrow. Not sure what time it will air on other stations - but it will get LOTS of play.

cachluv Guest
    Dute, will this live stream link work do you think?

http://www.cbc.ca/listen/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post

Bonnie, if I didn't love you before....

Yes - that should do it (although I'm surprised I didn't know about this link )

So anyone who wants to listen tomorrow, try the link that Cach has provided...

pvezz Guest

I'm gonna be on the road to Columbus tomorrow. Someone please record it for me!

cachluv Guest

---Love you too Dutey!! I hope it works!!!

---Love you too Dutey!! I hope it works!!!
    I didn't think you could live stream into Here and Now (the Toronto afternoon cuurent affairs show - where I've worked for the past 5 or 6 years ) Apparently you can.

Annie's story is told from the point of view of a child who's being haunted by his/her grandfather. It's eerie, but not off-putting.

My narration is not the best, but I'm not a professional radio voice. Did my best, but I really think I didn't do this tale justice.

cachluv Guest
    So Annie wrote the story and you voiced it?

I'm sold. I'll do my level best to catch this

Mike thanks so much for telling us all about this!!!!!!!!!

So Annie wrote the story and you voiced it?

I'm sold. I'll do my level best to catch this

Mike thanks so much for telling us all about this!!!!!!!!!
    That's it B ... Annie wrote it from scratch. Once it was done, she sent it to me and I went into a studio and narrated it to tape. It's okay narration. REALLY good writing and story though...

Duster if you're going to get a cd copy you can save it on your computer then you can email the file.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NOVSTORM Guest
    That's it B ... Annie wrote it from scratch. Once it was done, she sent it to me and I went into a studio and narrated it to tape. It's okay narration. REALLY good writing and story though...

I cant wait to hear it !!!! WE told Annnie to write a book too lol She is on the road to stardome.

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    good luk spooky n plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let us know
    I wil take photos and if anything is shown, I shall post them on here. I also will post about the night too!

STsFirstmate Guest
    I checked the CBC website and it looks like they post lots of "pod casts " recaps. Maybe they will make it available for Holloween. I called my nephew in Buffalo and asked if he would snag it for me on his PC. He said he will try to find it.
    Congrats Annie and Duster thanks for the head's up! We are a talented bunch here.
    Regards,
    Mary

Good I will be listening too.
    Ann is a nice person and only
    hope the best for her.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

If someone has it, post it please!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Will it play down here in the city?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Trim View Post
    Duster if you're going to get a cd copy you can save it on your computer then you can email the file.
    That's a good idea John - I'll definitely have a CD copy by around 6 p.m. tonight, and I'll try to figure out a way to do that. I'm sure someone around here can walk me through it . I'm off all next week on holidays, so it may take 10 days or so for me to get this done...

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    I checked the CBC website and it looks like they post lots of "pod casts " recaps. Maybe they will make it available for Holloween. I called my nephew in Buffalo and asked if he would snag it for me on his PC. He said he will try to find it.
    Congrats Annie and Duster thanks for the head's up! We are a talented bunch here.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Hey Mary - I'm pretty sure that in Toronto we don't do podcasts of Here and Now items (at least I'm pretty sure we don't anyway ) but if any of the other larger stations - like Montreal and Vancouver carry the story, they may well.

One little update: One of the CBC producers, who specializes in mini radio documentaries and soundscapes, is now volunteering to add some sound effects to it, if she gets time this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Will it play down here in the city?
    Hey, Jop! Bonnie posted a link earlier that - I think - will connect you to live streaming of all the regional CBC Radio shows across the country. I'm hoping it works.

Your best bet is to follow the link to CBC Radio 1 in Toronto. The show's called Here and Now, and Annie's story will air for sure sometime between 5:45 and 5:55 EST.

NewYorkDoll Guest

thanks so much, now could someone confirm the time and time zone? tia

eta: if i had read through, i'd know.

will be listening!
    Last edited by NewYorkDoll; 10-30-2009 at 07:38 AM.

A bit of a wrinkle has developed here. It turns out the CBC's syndication service sent Annie's story out LAST NIGHT. Which means that in each region, the morning current affairs shows had first crack at it.
    And if a region's morning show played it, it's unlikely their afternoon show would too.
    Example: I know that in Ottawa, the morning show ran it at 6:25 this morning.

The bottom line is that it's all good for Annie, because the morning shows generally have much higher listenerships than the afternoon shows.

Your best bet for hearing it remains linking into the live stream of the Toronto show at around 5:45 this aft.

Failing that I'm making sure we make a couple of CD copies of it.

Spencemom Guest

Waverly Hills Louisville, Kentucky

I've noticed alot of people have mentioned Waverly Hill in Kentucky in this thread. Here are some of the pictures I took in July 2009 when I took the tour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENTUCKY2009 001.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	16431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENTUCKY2009 002.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	16432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENTUCKY2009 005.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	16433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENTUCKY2009 020.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	16434  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KENTUCKY2009 027.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	16435  

MbalmR Guest
    I'm seriously humbled by this opportunity, and I thank Mike for offering it to me. I think I'll go cry a little now, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    I'm seriously humbled by this opportunity, and I thank Mike for offering it to me. I think I'll go cry a little now, LOL.

ANNIE!!!!!...So Robin has now added some sound effects: doors opening, gusts of wind, that sort of thing. 100% improvement. As is anything that cuts down on the sound of my voice lol.

cachluv Guest
    Good things happen to good people, Annie. And for Mike too! I really want to hear this. I called to try to move a dr's appt. up a bit so I can get back.

Mike, please, no matter how long it takes, please get this to us when you can. No one here wants to miss this
    Love you with ALL my heart for telling us about it!!!!!!

Annie and Mike - Congrats! I'm so happy for you, Annie. This is great news. It's 1:30ish here in Mississippi and I'm already streaming Toronto from Cach's link. I hope they replay it on the afternoon show. What the title of it, so I can hear it?

Also, as John said, Mike, when you get the cd. Add it to your computer and e-mail it to all of us. We'll make sure you have our e-mail addresses.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

guardmom2008 Guest
    Good for you Annie, I am truly happy for you. Can't wait to hear it.

WTG, Annie!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Just in time for Halloween...NICE Annie!

I'm sitting here biting my nails waiting semi patently for the story. They just announced a few minutes ago that they would be aired a ghost story to get us in the mood for Halloween. That's not word-for-word, but since I'm old, I can't remember back that far.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Goldy Guest
    I'm tuned in and waiting..........

few minutes away...we're in news/sports/business now. I should be playing it at about :46

it's up next after this music

Goldy Guest
    It's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldy Guest
    Mikey, you rock! MBalmr - great story!

I heard it! That was wonderful, Annie! And great reading, Duster! You two should become a team.