Page 49 of 73 FirstFirst ... 40474849505158 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 3643

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I can't stop laughing at this sketch-
    It is from SNL and makes fun of Most Haunted
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/4261/satur...-haunted-house
    I LOVE Most Haunted but this video won't work for me! I dont live in the US Ah well, I guess it;s very funny!

My Friend and His Ghost

My friend needs your help. Recently he has become aware of a possible presence in his bedroom. While sleeping he feels the mattress depress next to him. Its strong enough to wake him out of a deep sleep. Its happened several times.

I suggested he talk to the "spirit" and tell it to leave him alone. When he did that he immediately felt a slap on the back.

He has lived in this place for about 2 years and never felt this before. He is wondering if he could have possibly brought something in to the apartment. Some of you here seem pretty knowledgeable about this stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Snoopy Guest
    This is an old standby..cleanse the apartment with sage..I still think talking with the spirit helps..Have him tell the spirit that he knows he's there that he doesn't mind if he's there but he is scaring him and to please stop. that it's his house and if he continues to scare him he needs to leave.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Tell your pal to eat a dozen boiled eggs and drink a case of Ole Milwaukee, then employ a Dutch oven when said ghost is the bed...if that doesn't work, you may want to suggest a Cleveland Steamer...that's all I can come up with at this moment

I have a ghost in my house. He hates renters and has scared scores of them off. Not me. When he started his shit--and I mean he scared me shitless one night--I screamed "Cut it out, you bugger!" And he stopped. He's stillo here and you can read my experiences with him on the Ghost thread.

I wouldn't tell him I was afraid. That might make the ghost act out worse. But do stand up to it and maybe it will at least stop.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Poltergeist. Now there's a spooky thought.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

tarsier Guest
    If he hasn't felt it in the two years prior something has changed has he brought anything new into his appartment is there any construction going on in or near the building.
    I don't recommend talking with it as acknowledging it gives it power; ignore it it will settle down eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by tarsier View Post
    If he hasn't felt it in the two years prior something has changed has he brought anything new into his appartment is there any construction going on in or near the building.
    I don't recommend talking with it as acknowledging it gives it power; ignore it it will settle down eventually.
    I guess it depends on the ghost. Mine pretty much laid low, except for a few episodes that didn't scare me on the level of that particular night.

What would construction have to do with it? Just curious.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

pvezz Guest
    Holy crap. My advice would be to move.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Call the ghost a pussy and get out a shop vac....I ain't afraid of no ghost

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I guess it depends on the ghost. Mine pretty much laid low, except for a few episodes that didn't scare me on the level of that particular night.

I've always heard doing renovations or construction can stir up spirits. They are annoyed you are changing their home.

Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    I've always heard doing renovations or construction can stir up spirits. They are annoyed you are changing their home.
    I forgot about that. You're right.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

fultondyke Guest
    Tell him to stay away from Quiji boards!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fultondyke View Post
    Tell him to stay away from Quiji boards!!!
    Ditto!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Why does this woman look so familiar? I know she is from Poltergeist, but she reminds me of someone else.
    Last edited by gemini33; 10-19-2009 at 02:27 AM.

ChiFan27 Guest
    I love reading these stories. Please post more.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i probably couldn't either. it really had an affect on the hubs. he was genuinely frightened, this strong construction worker guy. he told me it really bothered him because she went into or towards our babies' room. they were both asleep in there at the time.

Maybe she is looking out for them? Do you get bad vibes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Sadid Corre?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

tarsier Guest

Ghosts of the revanent sort tend to settle into routines If there is construction going on in or near the building that may stir up a spirit forced it to change routine or even location.

A scarey spirit once warned me "children should not play with fire" which is why I advise against contact. A spirit that makes it's presence known after a long silence is generally not seeking to communicate.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Maybe she is looking out for them? Do you get bad vibes?
    no, not BAD vibes. just uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable would be bad enough for me.....

Guest Guest
    Today is the 14th anniversary of my friend Stephan's killing...I'm going to send a balloon up and wait and see if it comes back!

I'd try talking to her/it. Thank them for looking out for your children, but explain that it scares you and you would like them to please top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the haunted Hampton Mansion in Towson, Maryland

Hampton House is located just ten miles north of Baltimore in Towson, Maryland on an estate which originally included 2000 acres. Hampton House was built by successful businessman Charles Ridgely. He started building in 1783 and completed the house in 1790 just before he died. The house is considered to be the largest and most magnificent Georgian mansion of the post-Revolutionary War. On the estate there are over 20 buildings including slave quarters. Until the building of the Biltmore House in western North Carolina one hundred years later Hampton Mansion held the distinction of being the largest private home in North America. At its heigth the estate encompassed over 25,000 acres ranging 8 miles to the east of the mansion, 10 miles to the south, 4 miles to the north and 4 miles westwardly.

The mansion has a two and a half story main section capped by a cupola and flanked with one story wings. Charles Ridgelyâ??s nephew Charles Carnan Ridgely became the 2nd master of Hampton House and was the governor of Maryland (1815 â?? 1818). He made improvements such as formal gardens and horse stables. Together he and his wife had 11 children.

Members of the Ridgely family lived here until 1948 when the Avalon Foundation bought it and eventually passed it on to the Federal Government and the mansion became a national historic site. In 1979 the National Park Service took over administration of the mansion and the surviving 60 acres.

Priscilla Ridgely the wife of Charles Carnan Ridgely took little interest in her 11 children. She suffered from mental depression and spent most of her life secluded in her room. Priscilla died a very unhappy woman. She has been seen by visitors and staff in a gray dress wandering through the mansion.

One day a new bride of one of the descendants heard a tapping on the front door. Opening the door she saw a "frail woman" dressed in a plain dress and cap. Since the woman wore no coat the young bride invited the woman in to warm herself by the fire. Suddenly she turned and vanished into thin air leaving the hostess very bewildered.

In the 1800s Cygnet Swann who was the daughter of Governor Swann came to stay at Hampton House to recover in the country air from a serious illness. She was a blue-eyed, blond haired young woman. Eliza Eichelberger Ridgely, then current mistress of Hampton adored her. One morning Cygnet came to breakfast pale, tired and with matted hair. She had had a terrifying dream of a man with a scythe chasing her through a wheat field, telling her he was going to kill her. Eliza comforted Cygnet and told her to relax on the porch. Eliza then decided to make a party to cheer the girl. When Cygnet failed to come down for the party a servant found her slumped over her dressing table clutching her hair brush. Cygnet was dead. The doctor called her death "mysterious." Cygnet was buried at the Greenmount Cemetery in Baltimore city as was the rest of her family, (Lincoln assassin) John Wilkes Booth, Walter Lord, Enoch Pratt, and the Latrobe family.

Cygnet has been seen by visitors, family members and staff over the years in her old northwest bedroom, combing her hair wearing a satin ball gown. From her bedroom harpsichord music can be heard. Two other mysterious deaths occurred in the same bed chamber and for years it was known as the 'Ghost Bedroom', an unbecoming title that the currrent docents of the mansion tend to shy off from, though my guide admitted that he believes the mansion to indeed be haunted. "I've had several eerie things happen to me when I have been here by myself, as have other staff. We've talked of it. You must remember that we're speaking of a property that was begun 225 years ago. There have been over 150 family members, servants who livedin the house itself. People," he concluded, "often leave a trace of themselves."

Another of the ghosy stories connected to the the Ridgely family had to do with a faithful butler named Tom. He was born at Hampton House and died there around late 1890s-1900s. One cold January afternoon during the 1920s or 30s a young woman who had been invited by the Ridgelyâ??s to drop by and see their house went for a visit. The door was opened by a butler who told her that the family had gone out for the day. However he said he would be glad to give her a tour of the house. The butler showed her around, told her of family history and identified family portraits. Afterwards the woman wanted to give him a tip but he said, "I need for nothing." Several days later the woman called Mrs. Ridgely to tell her how she had appreciated the butler showing her around. Mrs. Ridgely informed her that they had no butler at the moment. She however was able to identify the womanâ??s tour guide as their old butler Tom who had died 30 years ago.

Other happenings have been doors opening around the mansion at midnight. Latches have been heard to be lifted, bolts withdrawn and even the scrape of the iron bar that opens the main door to the Great Hall.

At the stables in the old tack room where the windows and doors are kept tightly closed staff members have heard chains being beaten against the walls and they have seen saddles and harnesses swinging back and forth. Some say that the original carpenter of Hampton House Jehu Howell may be haunting the tack room. In November of 1787 he got paid $6,000 and 68 quarts of rum for his work. After getting roaring drunk he rode his horse into a rain-swollen river and both drowned.

Once the Great Hall was used for an exhibition. The Ranger on duty heard a great crash. In the hall he discovered that all the display racks had been thrown against the floor.

Over the 150 years that the Ridgelyâ??s lived at Hampton House the death of the first ladies was foretold by the sound of a chandelier crashing although no chandelier actually fell. One Easter this occurred to the 5th Mrs. Ridgely. She died within 24 hours of the sound of the crash.

Being away from home when he died the Master of Hampton House arrived home in a ghostly coach. Charles Ridgely IV was in Italy on vacation. One, cold snowy night the caretaker of Hampton House was awakened by the tingling bells of a sleigh and the thudding hooves like a coach arriving. Looking out the door she saw nothing. The next day came the news of Ridgelyâ??s death.

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfAFy...eature=related
    strolling the grounds

the view north from the cupola at the top of HAMPTON MANSION

sitting room

the dining hall with its Prussian Blue paint, the first paint color that
    was chemically created

illuminated at night

the master's bed chamber

the Banquet Hall

The RIDGELY family crest
    built of stained glass above the doorway at
    each end of the Banquet Hall

The RIDGELY family cemetery on the property;
    encased by a 12 foot high brick wall, it's
    irons gates are opened daily..........

the entrance to the catacombs

its intricate gardens

the stables...........

caretaker's home...........

Lemp Mansion

http://www.lempmansion.com/

I am dying to stay overnight. Most people don't last long past midnight before they leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Today my Goddaughter would have been 2 years old. She passed from SIDS when she was 4 and a half months. My buzzer to my apartment hasn't worked for like amonth or two. I have talked to the appartment maneger people a few times about it, and they keep telling me that they will put in a work order and the maintanence guy will be there the next business day to fix it, but he never does. About a half hour or so ago I lit two candles for her 2nd birthday and told her i loved her and i missed her and what not. I then went to start to get ready for work when my buzzer made two short rings. I thought the maintance guy was downstairs working on it so i ran down stairs to say hi and there was nobody around!
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

STsFirstmate Guest
    Well I am on Long Island in the greater Metro NYC area so...
    The Amityville Horror House is maybe three miles from me.
    There is an area actually marked on the NOAA navigation charts as Haunts Creek near us.
    It is very spooky area to travel by boat day or night when you are the only boat. There are tree stumps sticking up and the marshland always casts wierd shadows at night. Allegedly the Rum Runners in prohibition days hid their boats from the feds back in here and a couple of them were killed by the the Revenuers. Lots of whiskey smuggled in from Canada through here.
    Then there is "One if by Land" a seafood place in the city that is supposed to be very haunted. http://www.oneifbyland.com/home.html
    My favorite is the "White Horse Tavern" in the Village. Dylan Thomas died after a prodegious round of drinking there. I have seen some wierd stuff there myself.
    http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/5747
    Here is a general link other NY Haunts
    http://www.liparanormalinvestigators.com/nyc.shtml
    Regards,
    Mary

havoc Guest
    The old Woodmen's Circle Home in Sherman, TX.

Not sure if its haunted, but it should be!

I've driven by it many times and always get a bad feeling.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/woodman/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02262.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	16407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02263.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	16408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02287.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	16409  

The city graveyard, which is just a couple blocks from my house. And in my hood, my house is infamous for being haunted.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

STsFirstmate Guest
    Today is the anniversay of my Mom's death and every few hour or so the temperture is dropping like a rock in here. If I accurately describe it, it is like the cold settles onto our hands first and then our face and body like a physical layer of cold.
    I was noticing it and then my better half finally looked at me and said what is with the freezing blanket every hour.
    The the topper was we both smelled roses. That was my Mom's signature smell and my dad and smelled it in the days after she died.
    We spoke to her ad told her we miss her and hope her and Dad are happy together.
    That was about three hours ago and it hasn't happened since.
    Regards,
    Mary

GravesEnd Guest
    The city graveyard, which is just a couple blocks from my house. And in my hood, my house is infamous for being haunted.
    You are so lucky. I would give anything to live in a haunted home.

Xtine Guest
    Hey guys! I belong to a paranormal group. If you are interested to follow us or learn more about us check us out at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...234397?ref=sgm.
    Thanks!

bluebird14 Guest
    If you get an uncomfortable vibe from a ghost, maybe bring in someone who knows about this paranormal stuff. Just dont mess with it yourself! Sometimes ghosts dont mean to bother you, but then there are those ghosts who are just plain mean.

I just dont want this to turn into a polterguiest. Most times ghosts are harmless, but sometimes...they can cause some trouble.

I am sooooooooooo exicted coz tomorrow night me and my friend are going on a ghost hunt! We can't wait. We've got torches and cameras on flash ready to take photos, but I will go in with a level head and maybe that way something spooky might happen! Shall post any news on over over the weekend !

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    I am sooooooooooo exicted coz tomorrow night me and my friend are going on a ghost hunt! We can't wait. We've got torches and cameras on flash ready to take photos, but I will go in with a level head and maybe that way something spooky might happen! Shall post any news on over over the weekend !
    You are going to have a blast! Good luck and bring along an extra pair of undies.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

You are going to have a blast! Good luck and bring along an extra pair of undies.
    I have got a spare pair in my bag for tomorrow haha. I hope to get scared or see something, I know digital camera's can pick up orbs/ghosts....so bring it on! Yet I am scared to death of the dark and my mate is worried I might be scared to death, but really it's going to be brilliant!

knothere Guest
    good luk spooky n plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let us know

Mbalmrâ??s Ghost Story Airs Coast-to-coast in Canada Friday

Well we all know what a wonderful writer Annie is. It seems the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has figured it out too.

Think of the CBC as a cross between NPR and CNN. It’s this country’s national broadcaster, and they have managed to pry from Annie an original ghost story. It’s called “The Crystal Rocking Horse.” And it will air on CBC Radio stations - from Newfoundland to Vancouver - on Friday between 1:30 p.m. and roughly 9 p.m. EST on Friday.

It runs about four-and-a-half minutes – and it is VERY eerie..

For those of you in upper New York State, it will air on CBC Radio 1 (which covers Toronto, southern Ontario and parts of the northern US) between 5:45 and 5:55 EST Friday, on 99.1 FM.
    For listeners in Detroit and other parts of Michigan, CBC Radio comes in at 1550 AM.

In other parts of the northern US, check the CBC Radio regional station nearest you.
    Last edited by duster; 10-29-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Ooooh! Goody! Will Annie be reading it? *cheesy grin*

Please indicate Japan time so I can go hunting for it. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    Ooooh! Goody! Will Annie be reading it? *cheesy grin*

Please indicate Japan time so I can go hunting for it. Thank you.
    Oh Kitty...The only problem for you is that it will not be on the CBC 's national network - just the major regional stations...We'll try to post a copy, although I have nothing like the technical knowledge. We'll see if we can find a way though, okay J?...

That's awesome - yeah for Annie!

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Oh Kitty...The only problem for you is that it will not be on the CBC 's national network - just the major regional stations...We'll try to post a copy, although I have nothing like the technical knowledge. We'll see if we can find a way though, okay J?...
    Thanks man! I can't wait to hear it!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

BRAVO, cheers to our dear Annie!!!!
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Dang it I am too far from our neighbors to the north to see it! Hope some one puts it on you tube.