Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

PvN73 Guest
    Hats off to you Harry, that was funny!

Yep you got that right> I was raised there up towards snob hill and I tell you when I lived there that place scared me in the night time. Tell me what did you see that was so scarey?

Ms. K Guest
    Tell your stories!

I live in Wildomar, but my husband worked at Chili's San Bernardino, and I've explored Redlands on occasion, but mostly got lost. So, I don't know where a lot of things are in Redlands.

JeffD Guest

Barton Mansion

Alot of those old homes look haunted but this one supposedly really is. My Grandparents lived about 1/2 mile away, since the 1950's.

http://www.bartonmansion.com/

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Barton_Mansion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UBursj5DN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYidc4ZQ89c

kelbons Guest
    I forgot all about this one!

My coworker that shares my office.... she and her family recently sold their house and rented one to be closer to town, as they have two teenagers. Well, anyhoo, she started coming in a few months ago telling me about some weird things that have been happening... the stereo turning on by itself, lights turning on and off, etc. Her husband thinks she's nuts, her son is skeptical, and her daughter has witnessed some of it.
    Last week she and her daughter were home alone and heard te keyboard of their computer in the kitchen... it sounded like someone was typing! Then they heard footsteps coming up from the basement.

Today she told me that Saturday night they were all home and her parents were visiting. They were sitting at the kitchen table and all heard a man's voice. They all thought it was her son coming home from a friend's house and turned toward the front door. No one was there!! I think it made a believer out of her mom!!

Apparently the people who lived there before them left abruptly, but no one knows why...

I told her I'd come over and tell the ghosties that they're dead and to go home, but so far I haven't...

Ok, Prospect Park...my friends and I decided to stroll through, because I never went there. We heard rattling in the bushes, and checked to see if anything was there. I know they had a like a bobcat or some wild cat on the lose, but it didn't sound like an animal. We felt tons of eyes on us that day. Also I heard that many years ago, a girl was raped and left in the amphitheater. Well we walked by the place and got cold chills around the joint, it was on a summer day mind you. Also there is Kimberly Crest, (an old Victorian Mansion) that house gave us all the heeby jeebies. We got a feeling of our presence not wanting to be there. So we left, but I swear that I saw something peek out at us. At this time Kimberly was closed for the season, so NO one was there. My friend also saw a woman walk up on the trails and then disappear. He almost peed in his pants. The whole vibe of the place is creepy. Not too far from the area, is where alot of Devil Worshippers go. They do their cat sacrifices and all that stuff around there. Prospect Park is wide open, but you feel like something is heavily weighing on you, the place feels depressing too.

I've attached a pic of Kimberly Crest, it's the mansion that sits in Prospect Park, beautiful, but it has a creepy vibe to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redlands 011.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	189  

Ok, here's a work related experience while in Redlands. I worked for place that specialized in care for Alzheimer's and Dementia. From what someone told me and researched it was on old burial ground. On many occasions, I would hear a door open and close. We always can tell if the hallway door opens because the light would blink, well it opened but no blinking, and I went to check it once I got there, the door slammed shut. I opened it and saw no one. My residents were either sleeping or up watching t.v. I've also seen the door open and close when indeed I had just locked it. At first it kinda scared me, but I eventually got used to it. This was on the 2:30 - 10:30 shift, but on occasion I would have to work the NOC shift. That was another story. I was out with my co-worker getting some fresh air. Well we had a resident who died about a year before. Her room was occupied by a man at the time. We were out there and saw a glow of light come from the window. We thought that he had gotten up and used his flashlight. Well once the figure got closer to window, it was the face of the woman who had died previously. OMG, we were so creeped out. She peeked out and just smiled and disappeared. Besides the doors opening and closing, we would get phone calls with no one on the other line, except breathing, or static. We have also seen ghost of past residents and people from a different era roam the halls on occasion. I sometimes heard voices of people I know either no longer live there or don't even exist there. You just get some weird vibes everytime you step on the property. My co-worker would always do the sign of the cross and say a prayer before she walked in. Redlands is rich with some weird stuff.

mac_lorre Guest

Anyone believe in ghosts?

Glad to see this place has a forum now, more fascinating writing to peruse.

So anyone have good personal ghost stories?

The house I lived in from about ages 11-18 was haunted. The fella that owned the house before my dad bought it had killed himself in what became my parents' room. I remember being real scared the first night we stayed there. This was back on the east side of Cincinnati, in the suburbs.

I only once saw anything with my own eyes. A couple girls and my buddy and I were playing with a ouija board in the basement one Friday night the summer after I graduated high school. The girls and I had used it previous weekends, but this was my buddy's first chance, as he usually was at work that night.

The girls and I'd had weird experiences with it so far, but relatively minor stuff. My buddy didn't buy the stories we'd told, and was very skeptical. So he was berating the supposed spirit, a young boy who'd drowned in a lake in Ohio someplace if I remember right, to reveal himself somehow. The requests were refused over and over till my buddy said 'f this' and started to get up. At that second a door which led to a narrow stairway up to the back deck violently swung open, slamming hard into the wall.

My mom has admitted to one of my sisters to seeing kitchen cabinets opening on their own, and she's not, or at least wasn't the type to believe in such things.

Mostly I heard stuff or just had the sensation of being watched, especially in the basement. Lying in bed upstairs one night, I clearly heard the balls on the pool table in the basement knocking into one another, as if a game was being shot. My parents never played pool, and were in bed anyhow, and my brother wasn't living there at the time.

I've got other stories, but also wanted to share this. This is a picture I took in the old cemetery in Jerome, Arizona. Jerome is an old mining town about an hour from where I live now, and many, many people suffered unpleasant deaths during its mining days. It has many supposed hauntings. I just snapped off some shots one night while a couple friends and I were exploring the cemetery to see what would turn up. The haze in the right upper corner is something I can't explain. Not presenting this as evidence of anything, just something fun.

magblax Guest
    Hi Mac...Jerome, AZ it one of my favorite places to visit! If anyone reading this is doubtful about the presence of ghosts..visit Jerome...at one time called
    "The Wickedest Town in the West" http://www.ghosttowngallery.com/htme/jerome.htm

I live around 2 hours from there...

Gary Guest
    Yes, I believe in ghosts and spirits. I've seen one and other un-explainable things.

There have been a few threads of this subject going around already. I'm from Phoenix and have done many "hunts" all around Arizona. My favorite being the Vendome Hotel in Prescott.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

GhostWorld Guest
    I just stayed at an old hotel that is said to be haunted. I figured I would take a picture to see if there were any orbs and I got those.. and better!

Can you see my roomie?

DannaMarie24 Guest

OoOo Yes

[SIZE=4]Yes! I love "Ghost Hunting"! If I hear a story that a place is haunted I grab my camera a go. I constantly am taking pics to see if there are any orbs hanging around.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Great Pics by the way.[/SIZE]

different kind of girl Guest
    I believe in them. They freak me out a little, but I believe they exist and I love looking at pictures.

Danse Macabre Guest
    I believe in ghosts too and love the subject.

My family once lived in a house that was haunted, but I was too little to remember anything.
    They say the previous owner of the house hanged himself in the bathroom. My mom always tells that she saw "him" a couple times on his knees in her bedroom, aparently praying or something like that.

Both pictures are great.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I visited Jerome once....it was a really wonderful experience....no ghosts but a nice day.

17. 10-22-2007, 07:14 PM

kelbons Guest
    Heck, yes! Ghosts and spirits... they are different, but I believe in both! Just a few of my orb pics...
    Me & family Christmas Eve 2006:

Right on my boobie... we all said it was Pa!

My daughter when she first got her big girl bed... I see at least two:

Nik Guest
    Actually, I don't really believe in ghosts. I'm probably the only one here.

BamaDeathHag Guest
    I believe in ghosts and spirits cause I have seen and heard things that is just not explainable. The scariest thing to happen to me was after my grandmother died in 03. I had a ford explorer and was driving back from my cousins house late one night, and she lived on a long gravel road. As i was driving, i felt the hair rise up on the back of my neck and i looked into my rear view mirror and saw the outline of my grandmother, including the bun on top of her head, which is how we had her hair styled for her viewing at the funeral home. Needless to say i slammed on my brakes, hitting some loose gravel as I did so, and i almost flipped my suv. After I got a hold of myself, i looked in the back seat again and she was gone. I got my truck back on the road and drove on home, but I will never forget that as long as i live!

xenaswolf Guest
    I Absolutely believe in ghosts!

Lurkster Guest
    Anyone believe in ghosts?

**raises hand**

tigerlily Guest
    Certainly! There is an amazing AM radio show on every single night, the content of which focuses on ghosts, the paranormal in general, UFOs, EVP, conspiracy theories (some involving the death of celebrities!!!), strange creatures, demons, etc. It is called "Coast to Coast AM" and you find your local station under "affiliates" at their website www.coasttocoastam.com. I'm a huge fan on this show - it's on 1 am to 5 am EST, and it's kept me up too many nights to count. Just something I thought fellow deathhags may also be interested in...

SistaSara Guest

Can you see the ghost?

????

SistaSara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    ????

to the right of moses' head. the blueish looking spot level with the head.

Scarsguardianstalkr Guest
    i dont think its a ghost as such i think its more of a orb which some people still consider supernatural and ghostly but i could be wrong that just what i see

knothere Guest
    i dont belive ghosts can be captured in a pic sorry

BabyDoll Guest
    looks like a snowflake.
    I'm pretty sure its a glitch though.
    Sorry. :shrug:

BeeCee Guest
    [SIZE=3]I'm unable to see anything at all. Is it a link or a graphic? [/SIZE]

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    i see something beside the statue, but cant really tell what it is. whats the story with this? where is this taken?

knothere Guest
    i believe in them but do they believe in me ?

33. 10-25-2007, 11:47 AM

SlippyInvader Guest
    Even though I've never seen one I do believe they exist.

AaronVail Guest
    "Orbs" are caused when the flash hits a speck of floating dust. Now, unless ghosts are specks of dust, ain't no such thing as ghosts. There's a show called Bullshit! starring Penn & Teller. One of the episodes debunks ghosts and the paranormal. Ya'll should watch it. Before watching that series, I believed in ghosts, spirits and that John Edwards clown. No longer, dagnabbit! I think our willingness to believe in ghosts stems from our fear of the abrupt end of our lives. I think that also explains part (not all) of our fascination with the contents of FAD. It's the one great unknown we all have to face. Scares the crap out of me.

BeeCee Guest
    Love ghost stories (real or imagined). Photos and EVP's are interesting except I think most are wishful thinking. For instance; full or partial apparitions (excellent), ecto (middle of the road - could be but not all that spooky) and orbs (the most questionable as I believe most to be dust). EVP's - I've heard a few good ones (based on shows that claim to have recorded them - i.e., Ghost Hunters) however most just sound like plain old white noise with run-of-the-mill electrical intereference. It's certainly a fascinating subject though!

37. 10-25-2007, 12:43 PM

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    I do not believe in GHOSTS...I believe when I am gone from this planet...I am gone from this planet...thats it...
    I DO however believe in the spiritual realm...but its a whole separate classification....

SistaSara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    i see something beside the statue, but cant really tell what it is. whats the story with this? where is this taken?

This picture was taken in Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills last Sunday (10-21-07) I'm not sure what it is...except that it looks like Cookie Monster. What is the difference between an orb and a ghost?
    Last edited by SistaSara; 10-25-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    Looks like a lens flare from the sun. Neat pic tho.

hoxharding Guest
    Yes, he is sitting in the center posing (not-=) )

Morbid1 Guest
    Well...no? lol..Looks like a smudge or something blue sorry.

-Morbid1

djdeath-hag Guest
    I've seen similar in photos I've taken, probably in my experiences it was smoke due to the pipe I had in my mouth at the time! Nice picture, nonetheless.....hope you had a nice visit there.

Ree Guest
    I see a frogs face.

Guest Guest
    I see elmo! Nose, eyes, mouth open and oval face......

Morbid1 Guest
    "Jane stop this crazy thing!!"

LOL..

Just kidding!

Morbid1

xenaswolf Guest
    I see cookie monster

firegilnotguns Guest
    Yeah I also think it looks quite a bit like Cookie Monster.
    C is for cookie, it's good enough for me! (Man, now I want some cookies...)

ComputerGuy Guest
    Looks like flames. Could it be the start of a fire?

Layla331 Guest
    Not to say i believe or dont believe..but im a photographer...and the sun causes alotta spots like that on film both digital and film

Scarsguardianstalkr Guest
    i could be wrong but from what ive been lead to believe orbs are spirits that dont have the "power" to appear in full form as ghosts but again i stress i could be wrong anyway for ur reading pleasure i found a the wiki page on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(paranormal) and for ur viewing pleasure i found some pics that have really obvious orbs in them

i personally dont know what i believe but i thought id share anyway u can make up ur own mind. theres heaps more and better pics out there and theres heaps of sites about it.

I'm not really big on orbs - since most of the time they can be counted out as dust particles or whatever.

For me, I like to see full body apparitions (sp?) for ghost pictures.

Altho I did see a mist in my backyard here a few months ago...

dbrian Guest

Actors turned ghost?

Which actors are still trying to get their close-up--even though they have shuffled off this mortal coil? I heard Clifton Webb supposedly haunts his gravesite in Forest Lawn. And Ozzie and Harriet's old house is supposed to be haunted...Who else lurks in the shadows of Hollywood?