Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29101112132060 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

smellslikealmonds Guest
    The rumor is that the State Hospital here in Wichita Falls is haunted. The outside of the building is creepy enough, I sure don't wanna go inside.

miamore73 Guest
    Inglewood, CA-There is a pretty large cemetary located here in Inglewood. It's named The Inglewood Park Cemetary. It's situated between two main streets, Florence and Manchester. I remember hearing a story about a boy that picked up a girl hitch hiker on the Florence side of the Cemetary and they were talking and she gave him her phone number but during the conversation she jumps out of the car and runs back toward the cemetary. He tries to find her but couldn't. Well naturally the next day he calls her house only to be told by her parents that she died the year before. She was buried at Inglewood Park Cemetary.

hlh004 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    The rumor is that the State Hospital here in Wichita Falls is haunted. The outside of the building is creepy enough, I sure don't wanna go inside.
    i hate driving by that shit hole when i went to college down there last year. its even creepy at night!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hlh004 View Post
    i hate driving by that shit hole when i went to college down there last year. its even creepy at night!
    It reminds me of something from a horror movie.

MorbidMolly Guest
    The Biltmore....just down the street from us....beautiful but creepy

The Biltmore Hotel (1926-1999)
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]In its heyday, The Biltmore played host to royalty, both Europe's and Hollywood's. The hotel counted the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Ginger Rogers, Judy Garland, Bing Crosby, Al Capone and assorted Roosevelts and Vanderbilts as frequent guests. Fashion shows, gala balls, aquatic shows by the grand pool and weddings were de rigueur as were world class golf tournaments. A product of the Jazz Age, big bands entertained wealthy, well-traveled visitors to this American Riviera resort.
    But with the onset of World War II, The Biltmore was converted to a hospital by the War Department. It served the wounded as the Army Air Forces Regional Hospital. Many of the windows were sealed with concrete, and the marble floors covered with government issue linoleum. Also the early site of The University of Miami's School of Medicine, The Biltmore remained a VA hospital until 1968.
    In 1973, through the Historic Monuments Act and Legacy of Parks program, the City of Coral Gables was granted ownership control of The Biltmore. Undecided as to the structure's future, The Biltmore remained unoccupied for almost 10 years. Then in 1983, the City oversaw its full restoration to be opened as a grand hotel. Almost four years and $55 million later, The Biltmore opened on December 31, 1987 as a first class hotel and resort. Over 600 guests turned out to honor the historic Biltmore at a black tie affair. Since before it's restoration in 1983, the Biltmore Hotel has been known for being haunted, unexplained noises on the 13th floor, a ghostly girl out on the golf course, and restless spirits from its time as a VA hospital, are but only a few of the ghostly stories associated with it.

Never heard of any haunted places here...but it's not really surprising: it can get quite cold here in winter. As a ghost I would prefer warmer areas...

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    We don't have a ghost story in Putnam, at least nothing I've heard. But we do have something I heard of all my life.

That picture is of our "Boxcar Museum" dedicated to Miss Gertrude Warner, who authored the "Boxcar Children" books.

That building behind it is "Chickering Cafe" aka "Chickering Tarvern" formerly known as "Chickering House" or "Chickering Hotel" before the fire that took a few stories off of it. I think that was 1913. I cannot find another pic of it online.

All through my childhood, Chickering's was the butt of jokes. The worst dive in town. No one I ever knew admitted to going in there. But one day my friend Sharon told me she'd been in there.

She had a beer [bottled of course] and did not order food, as the catsup bottle was stuck firmly to the table. A notable sign.

The thing is, it was a classy place in it's day. A respectable hotel. But then the fire came and all that was left was the bar, and a few rooms above. Not the kind of rooms meant for schoolmarms and widows.

My walk to school, in the 50s, went past it and down a big flight of stone steps that once led up to the hotel. The steps emptied onto Front St, but have long been blocked off.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    I know that we have Death Hags from all over the globe here on this MB. so, I was wondering what are some famous haunts in your neck of the woods? I guess my all time FAVORITE here in the Chicago area is the old Bachelors Grove cemetery in Midlothian on the south side of Chicago. what a CREEPY place. i've been there a few times over the years. and it still gives me chills walking through the woods leading to the cemetery gates. it's supposed to be the most haunted cemetery in the world.
    Chris, we have a few of 'em here in S.F., but my favorite is the bell tower at the San Francisco Institute of Art on Russian Hill. This was featured a couple of years ago on 'America's Most Haunted Places' and was also on 'Unsolved Mysteries' like a decade or more ago.

The story, and I may not have all the details correct, is of a woman scorned who threw herself out of the belfry to her death (I can't remember if her lover deserted her or died)...ANYway her ghost, known variously as the "white lady" or "lady in white", is said to haunt the bell tower now. Caretakers hear footsteps, and there have been sightings for many years of a wispy woman wearing white standing in the belfry looking out to sea.
    The bell tower has been closed and locked for decades, accessible only by maintenance staff.

I'm not a believer, but if ever there was a place that might be haunted--this is it !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mamma Guest
    Wouldn't the blanket hide the glowing fungus thereby negating the effect? Not the sharpest brave in the wigwam was he?
    I'm not familiar with the story, but it reads (and I would imagine) that he hid under the blanket untill he was ready to jump out and scare them.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    Here in Tennessee we have the Bell Witch
    http://www.bellwitch.org/
    American haunting was a really good movie.

We have "Booger Hill". It happens to be only a few yards from my house, too! Exciting!

As the legend goes, two slaves were hung at this particular place on the road (which wasn't there then, btw) and if you put your car in neutral on this hill, they will push you "up" the hill.

The legend could be true but the fact is that it is a optical illusion. It looks like the hill is going up but it is really going down.

I love living near a "haunted" site. I especially like walking down my long gravel driveway in the dark to get the mail and thinking that I see someone when really I am just crazy.

endsleigh03 Guest
    There is some old fish tale here about a monster fish called "Old Hitler" that nobody has ever been able to catch

miamore73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    We have "Booger Hill". It happens to be only a few yards from my house, too! Exciting!

As the legend goes, two slaves were hung at this particular place on the road (which wasn't there then, btw) and if you put your car in neutral on this hill, they will push you "up" the hill.

The legend could be true but the fact is that it is a optical illusion. It looks like the hill is going up but it is really going down.

I love living near a "haunted" site. I especially like walking down my long gravel driveway in the dark to get the mail and thinking that I see someone when really I am just crazy.

Oh wow. I use to live in Sonoma County near Petaluma in a town called Rohnert Park. Well there is a spot called Gravity Hill. The story is that during the Civil War some soldiers were killed in this spot and if you park your car in a particular place they will also push your car up hill. I remember my husband then my boyfriend parking his car and sure enough the car seemed to move uphill. At the time I was 18 and definately not trying to figure out why this was happening so we hightailed it outta there.

Quote Originally Posted by miamore73 View Post
    Oh wow. I use to live in Sonoma County near Petaluma in a town called Rohnert Park. Well there is a spot called Gravity Hill. The story is that during the Civil War some soldiers were killed in this spot and if you park your car in a particular place they will also push your car up hill. I remember my husband then my boyfriend parking his car and sure enough the car seemed to move uphill. At the time I was 18 and definately not trying to figure out why this was happening so we hightailed it outta there.

At 18, I would have done the same thing! My husband and their friends used to come here when they were kids, too.

There is the legend of the "lost" Indian tribe here in the Shenandoahs, the Wheredafukarwees....

16. 12-11-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    You are pretty close to Sunnyvale, Home of the haunted Toy R Us store.
    That place is pretty creepy from what I hear.
    You know what? You're right! We drive by that place all the time and I completely forgot about it.

I was going to list the Winchester Mystery House before but that doesn't really qualify in my mind. It might to you guys though, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    I'm not familiar with the story, but it reads (and I would imagine) that he hid under the blanket untill he was ready to jump out and scare them.
    That's what I thought when I read it too.

The Winchester Mystery House: http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/

...and one Jefe just reminded me of in another thread. The haunted Toys R Us:

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/toys_r_us.html

My husband has a book with a chapter about it around here somewhere. I'll ask him about it when he gets home. It could be anywhere. Including the basement in Oregon.

We also have Womans Hollering Creek, the Donkey Lady, Midget Mansion, and the Fat Farm here in S.A.

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by itsintheeyes View Post
    I'm from San Antonio, Texas! What do you think?

But, this is my favorite:

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/TX-GhostlyChildren.html

They named the streets of the neighborhood in which they died after the children.

And according to this article San Antonio is the most haunted city in Texas. That's right bitches!!!

I keep hearing about this. It was a school Bus that got stuck on the rail road tracks. According to legend if you stop your car short of the tracks, the little children push you over, no? I want to visit that place!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    We also have Womans Hollering Creek, the Donkey Lady, Midget Mansion, and the Fat Farm here in S.A.
    I went by Woman Hollering creek last year on my way to the Round Top Texas antique festoval. I didn't know it had to do with La Llorona. I just thought it got it's name from some poor farmer that had a nagging wife.

Jaxxx Guest
    We have one of the most haunted houses in America, The Lemp Mansion.

Nowereman Guest
    Maitland Gaol.

Historic image of Main Entrance Gates Maitland Gaol's foundation stone was laid in 1844 with the official opening and reception of the first prisoners occuring in 1848. Built of sandstone from Morpeth and Farley, it is considered to be the most intact country gaol in New South Wales and is the longest continuously operating correctional institution in Australia.
    After holding some of Australia's most hardened criminals, Maitland Gaol closed on the 30th January 1998. Inmates were transferred to other prisons with the final transfer at noon that day. The last buildings were completed on the site in 1993.
    The closure of the complex was announced in 1996 as part of an upgrade to the state's prison system. It closed because security did not meet community expectations, conditions were considered unsuitable and the cost of operating the antiquated facility was excessive.
    Points of Interest:
    Hangings
    16 men were executed at Maitland Gaol between 1843 and 1897 - all for rape or murder. Executions were open to the public until 1861. The last man executed was Charles Hines in May 1897 for raping his stepdaughter. Hangings are believed to have taken place at the main gates and the back corner of the Gaol.
    Escapes
    There were many escape attempts but most failed. Everyone who did get over the walls was caught within days. In 1977 "Maddog" Raymond Denning and 6 others escaped through an exhaust vent in the shower block. They were all back inside within 2 hours after a massive police swoop on the area. In 1980, a 5.5m long tunnel was discovered in Cell 7 in C Wing. It was hidden with a sheet of plastic painted the same colour as the floor. The tunnel was filled in with 2 truckloads of concrete.
    A Protest & A Riot!
    In 1978, a 23-year-old inmate protested for 16 hours by sitting on top of the Gaol's Administration building. At one stage he disappeared over the roof returning with food. Armed with a softwood stake he waved to the Maitland Mercury and television journalists. In 1975 inmates rioted, setting fire to the maintenance block. They used a swag of home made weapons to attack the warders, protesting about the prison system and the Gaol's conditions. The infamous Darcy Dugan was blamed for inciting the riot, while 78 of the rioting inmates were transferred to other prisons.
    Drugs & Alcohol
    One popular way to get drugs into the Gaol was to fill a cut tennis ball, reseal it and then throw it over the stone walls. Dead birds stuffed with drugs were often used as well. Inmates brewed their own alcohol using food scraps and sugar and then hid it in the toilet, fire extinguishers, air vents or even buried it in the garden!
    An Example of a Daily Routine :
    • 7:00am Inmates released from cell, morning muster, collect breakfast before being locked back into cells.
    • 8:00am Inmates released from cells to the exercise yards.
    • 8:30am Selected inmates released from yards to workshops, e.g. Saddlery, Tailor's Shop and Laundry.
    • 9:00am Inmates permitted access to Chapel and Administration area for library, education and training courses, counselling and phone calls.
    • 11:30am Lunchtime Muster, inmates locked in their cells to eat lunch.
    • 12:30pm Inmates released to exercise yards and workshops.
    • 2:00pm - 3:00pm Shower Block open.
    • 3:00pm Workshops close and those inmates to shower blocks.
    • 4:00pm Inmates to yards with cells open for cleaning.
    • 4:30pm Evening Muster.
    • 5:10pm Inmates take dinner to their cells and are secured for the night.
    • 11:00pm Lights out.

BeeCee Guest
    Hanna House on the south side of Indianapolis. It was part of the Underground Railroad in the Civil War. Some escaped slaves died in a fire there while hiding in the basement and you are supposed to be able to still hear their cries of torment.

Also have a haunted state hospital here though the main building is gone. There is still a medical museum and a few other buildings and the grounds are supposed to be haunted. I recall driving past there as a child and seeing the sad people wandering around. That was creepy enough all by itself. Just heard that developers are planning on putting condos on the property. I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me. Eeeek!

I've gone to the tracks more times than I can count...even as an adult. It's truly creepy.

Ghostly Children upon San Antonio's Railroad Tracks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~

27. 12-11-2007, 06:11 PM

Jaxxx Guest
    I live in Creve Couer, means broken heart.... folklore has it that an indian girl jumped to her death over a cliff into the water and died from a broken heart.

itsintheeyes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. James Dean View Post
    I keep hearing about this. It was a school Bus that got stuck on the rail road tracks. According to legend if you stop your car short of the tracks, the little children push you over, no? I want to visit that place!!!!

Yeah...it's a good legend, if only that. Been there during the day and at night.

Ichabodius, I've never been to Fat Farm. Never even heard of it til now.

But, legends are legends...it's the true crime stories of this city that interests me.

sammimom Guest
    ''Shawshank Redemption'' was filmed here.
    http://www.ghostsofohio.org/lore/ohio_lore_33.html
    Two other places, locally, are listed in the ''Ghosthunter's Guide to Haunted Ohio.''
    The Mansfield Memorial Museum, and Stitches in Time vintage clothing shop.
    Margie<:3( )~~~

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Yeah...it's a good legend, if only that. Been there during the day and at night.

Ichabodius, I've never been to Fat Farm. Never even heard of it til now.

But, legends are legends...it's the true crime stories of this city that interests me.

Have you tried stopping your car before you pass the rail road tracks to see what happens?!? That's what I want to do b/c they say you car gains speed as go
    you up the little hill as you pass the tracks.

itsintheeyes Guest
    I have and it does feel like someone's pushing you up the hill and over the tracks. They say that if you put talcum powder on the back of your car beforehand that you can see little handprints afterwards. Like the little kids are protecting you and don't want you to have the same fate. Come to think of it, it would be a shit thing to do just to do it for your own kicks, while these poor kids think you are actually in danger. Makes me wonder if they'll ever give up and say fuck it and let whoever die. I'll have to go again, though. It's been awhile. The story alone is creepy, but when you're actually there...
    Last edited by itsintheeyes; 12-11-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    While Lousiana has tons of haunted places, none are in Ruston, where I live. This is a boring little town, really just a shitstain on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    While Lousiana has tons of haunted places, none are in Ruston, where I live. This is a boring little town, really just a shitstain on the map.
    [SIZE=3]I want you to know that I think that you've just shot your chances[/SIZE][SIZE=3] of getting that job with [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]the RUSTON CHAMBER Of COMMERCE to hell ![/SIZE]

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    [SIZE=3]I want you to know that I think that you've just shot your chances[/SIZE][SIZE=3] of getting that job with [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]the RUSTON CHAMBER Of COMMERCE to hell ![/SIZE]
    Oh damn. Whatever shall I do now? <g>

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    I have and it does feel like someone's pushing you up the hill and over the tracks. They say that if you put talcum powder on the back of your car beforehand that you can see little handprints afterwards. Like the little kids are protecting you and don't want you to have the same fate. Come to think of it, it would be a shit thing to do just to do it for your own kicks, while these poor kids think you are actually in danger. Makes me wonder if they'll ever give up and say fuck it and let whoever die. I'll have to go again, though. It's been awhile. The story alone is creepy, but when you're actually there...
    Yeah, that's what I keep hearing. That would be a trip for me to do. I can't imagine how it feels. So glad you tried it and shared it here because I always wondered if it's true? WOW, sounds a bit

bubbles2004 Guest
    We've got a lot in Indiana, one I find interesting is sometimes called Cry Baby Ridge and other times called Cry-Woman's ridge.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/crywoman.html

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Voodoo View Post
    Oh damn. Whatever shall I do now? <g>
    [SIZE=3]Well, there's always professional cow tipping.[/SIZE]

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbles2004 View Post
    We've got a lot in Indiana, one I find interesting is sometimes called Cry Baby Ridge and other times called Cry-Woman's ridge.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/crywoman.html
    Interesting, how long ago did this happen? Now, I have another excuse to visit Indiana besides Jimmy! I love going to hautned places.

sutye Guest
    We have the legend of the Sister Lakes Monster. It happened before I moved here.
    [SIZE=7]Summer of the Sasquatch[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]During the summer of '64 residents of the neighborhood around Cass County's Sister Lakes looked over their shoulders in the gathering gloom[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]by Lane Wick - Hometown Gazette[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]CASSOPOLIS - Even today, former Cass County Sheriff Paul Parrish says it was one of the strangest times in his 33 years of southwestern Michigan law enforcement.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"We investigated it long and hard" Parrish says, "but we were never able to come up with whatever it was. But some good, honest, legitimate people" reported it.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The "it" was the elusive and storied Sister Lakes Monster, a huge hulking thing that supposedly wandered the northwestern Cass County area (north of Dowagiac, south of Keeler) near Dewey Lake in the mid-1960s.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Parrish was a Cass County road patrol sergeant at the time. "There were big footprints" Parrish says. "A lot bigger than normal. We took plaster casts of them, but they were in sandy soil and not very clear."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Monster mania, or something like that, hit the Sister Lakes area in June of 1964 when at least one family reported the beast roaming at dark on several occasions behind their house. Dogs that normally charge intruders instead cowered by the house. Strangely, one dog that ran at the intruding beast was struck temporarily blind in one eye, it was said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]There had been similar "monster" reports in the area for several years according to news accounts of the time, but the 1964 reports set off a blitzkrieg of reporters, curiosity seekers and, more worrisome, heavily armed monster hunters. People swarmed the area.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Parrish remembers that, as newspaper and radio reports told of the monster, carloads of people began cruising the Dewey Lake area at night. Some were armed with "big deer rifles" he said. The sheriff's department set up roadblocks to divert traffic away.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"People were quite upset" Parrish says. "We tried to get to the bottom of it. We spent the whole summer on stakeouts and follow-ups, but we never nailed it down. It was a weird thing."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Descriptions of the monster varied, Parrish says. Some reported a huge hairy beast with glowing eyes. Others said they saw no eyes. Some said the creature had long arms. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Yellowed Kalamazoo Gazette news clippings from June 11, 1964, describe a night of Cass County sheriff's patrols with deputies chasing off the curious and patrolling with spotlights in search of the monster. "Whatever it is" a deputy said then, "it's supposed to have eyes that are big, bright,.....and high."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]In another Gazette article that day, a man said he actually saw the monster and "it's eyes shone like those of an animal with night vision." The man's wife reported that one night she stepped outside her back door and heard the "thing" out in the dark, approaching her. She said the ground "rumbled" from it's weight. [/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Not everyone took the monster reports seriously. People chided each other that, if they weren't careful "Bigfoot will get you", Parrish recalls. For a while a local restaurant offered Monster Burgers. In a possible tongue-in-cheek move, local skin divers offered to explore the depths of the nearby lake for monster clues.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Some speculated that a bear was on the prowl, while others thought it possible a chimpanzee or similar zoo animal had escaped into the area. According to Parrish, the monster reports eventually died out but remain a mystery to this day. "I have no opinion of what it might have been" Parrish says. "People were really concerned."[/SIZE]

My husbands cousin remembers seeing what he thought was the monster late one night with his parents. Scared the crap out of him.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Here in lovely Lincolnton NC we have....
    absolutley nothing....

Now when I lived in Jacksonville, and worked at Camp Lejeune...LOTS of things going on there...
    I worked at the Officer's Club....I would come in alone sometimes at 4am, and if you were alone on the south hall...something would follow you...and sometimes we would see a dark shadown of a person walking out of the corner of our eyes...and look to find it was gone....
    Some people said it was General John Lejeune himself....of course he would haunt the end that had the BAR...lol...
    There are said to be MANY hauntings in the barracks...as well as some of the older base housing as well....

WAIT...there is a haunted place here in Linc...the courthouse....
    Not haunted by GHOSTS....but alot of lawyers and politicians...scarier than alot of ghosts in my opnion....

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post

Are you kidding me ??? Wow what a small world this is ...! Ad, we have the same exact folklore here, only a couple of miles from my home.

It's called "Spook Hill Road".

No, seriously. That's it's name. The legend is that the tree by the tiny hill was used also for a hanging. As a road was built by the tree, it has a tiny hill, and YES, my car goes uphill without putting on the gas. I've always thought it was the front-wheel drive doing the work for me.

~Mamma

deathhagcutie Guest
    i live in philly so we have a bunch of old mental insitutions, as well as eastern state penn, i assume cuz the city is soooooo old that just about everything is haunted..(which is very cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    Are you kidding me ??? Wow what a small world this is ...! Ad, we have the same exact folklore here, only a couple of miles from my home.

It's called "Spook Hill Road".

No, seriously. That's it's name. The legend is that the tree by the tiny hill was used also for a hanging. As a road was built by the tree, it has a tiny hill, and YES, my car goes uphill without putting on the gas. I've always thought it was the front-wheel drive doing the work for me.

~Mamma

I am noticing a lot of similarities in our stories! It seems like no matter where we live we have similar legends. Now, someone confirm for me that there is a bridge where they live (or a water tower or whatever) that if you say "Mary come forth" or some other incantation, Bloody Mary herself will appear. She died saving her children from a fire? Hung herself off a bridge over guilt?
    Anyone have something to share?

SistaSara Guest
    there is a tale of a community only for "little people" i.e. midgets. the community is supposedly near Long Beach. The story goes that if any regular size people go there the littles will come out and attack.

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    We've got a legend similar to that somewhere in, PA, Sista. There's supposed to be an entire village of tiny houses and all. I don't think we tacked on the "when little people attack" part though.

SistaSara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenaHandbasket View Post
    We've got a legend similar to that somewhere in, PA, Sista. There's supposed to be an entire village of tiny houses and all. I don't think we tacked on the "when little people attack" part though.
    well you know...everyone in L.A. tends to be a little agro.

Gardner32 Guest
    In San Diego we have a few, The Whaley House, for one. I've been there, I will go back again, forgot my camera. http://gothere.com/sandiego/Ghosts/map.htm
    There is the Hotel Del Coronado, Villa Montezuma, http://www.sdparanormal.com/page/page/199117.htm

SistaSara Guest

attackatdawn Guest
    Can't really think of any folklore where I live but I am sure there are some. I found this yesterday for North Dakota [SIZE=3]N.D. Farmer Forecasts Via Pig Spleens[/SIZE]
    http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newssto...71224289840112

ApricotRoses Guest

Who has had a paranormal event?

Hi, I'm kinda new here, and am not sure if this subject has already been discussed, if so, I'm sorry.

Just wondering how many people believe that the dead can contact you.. in whatever ways??

I'll tell you what has happened to me that makes me a TRUE believer in people like Lisa and John Edwards.

The first one was after my uncle died. Every XMAS, he would drink wine, and he would make that noise by dipping his finger in the wine, and rubbing his finger around the rim of the glass. It's like a humming noise, different tones with different glasses. It has to be real crystal to work. Anyway, I was left his huge collection of glasses, which I keep in a china cabinet. About 3 years after he died, I was dusting the glasses, and they started to hum. HONEST TO GOD, I fell backwards and started shaking like a leaf.

The most recent one... I just had a DEAR friend die, he was one of my best friends for over 12 years, he was only 34 years old. We used to dance to Pet Shop Boys and had a few favorite songs. He also knew that I LOVE ladybugs. After he died, one day, I looked up thru the skylight in my house, and told him that I was going to play one of our favorite songs, and dance. I put the CD in, hit the song..it wouldn't play. Tried it again, cleaned it, again and again, wouldn't play. So I screamed up at him... ok, fine... I'll play another one. I put it on...it started to play, and I had forgotten that the first words to the song were "SOONER OR LATER THIS HAPPENS TO EVERYONE, TO EVERYONE." I had to have a double shot of Vodka. I called his mother, and she said they bought a brand new CD to play at his funeral, and it would NOT play. Living here in Georgia, I don't see a lot of ladybugs. But last summer, every time I got on one of our floats in our pool, I would have a ladybug land on my arm. Now, I just look up at the sky and say: Thanks Danny, I love you.

I just had to to edit this, as I was typing it, I looked up at the ceiling, and right above me... a ladybug crawling across the celing. First one I've seen inside the house in 2 years. I shit you not.
    Last edited by ApricotRoses; 01-06-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Forever-27 Guest
    Other then my own personel experance which cannot be proven, ive heard footsteps in the weirdest places begind me and what seemed to be next to me and seen nobody. But I do believe the consious mind goes on after the body dies. I dont have any sort of religous beliefes to make me think this way but theres just too many sane normal everyday people that have had paranormal activity happen to not believe entities exist. Everything from someone who has died leaving messages on telephone answering machines to actually seeing a full bodied apprition. this said if someone who was close to you has died, be a father, grandfather , mother, whomever really wants to reach you, theyll find a way to get you to notice them. Im the type that wouldnt mind going out to graveyards or real old towns at the dead of night with a tape recorder and try to catch EVP's. Ive done this with mixed results