Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 78910111858 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

BATISTA Guest
    hello magblax!(what language is that)?Are you alien or cabbage?

I dunno, this one liked to have scared the crap out of me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJrpI...eature=related
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

hoxharding Guest

Oh goodness

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post

From the sound of it, you aren't the only one who lost crap.
    *sheesh-lol*

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BATISTA View Post

He's a vegatarian. From Brussles Sprouts Belgium

5. 11-18-2007, 02:04 PM

Spencemom Guest

We met Robert!

Hi everyone,
    We have seen Robert about 5 times now & these are some of the pictures from our last visit in the summer.
    Enjoy!
    Nicky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	php8YQ2VKPM.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	1196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phpJuoxfFPM.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	1197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phpMhOkB1PM.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	1198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phpZ7g3AFPM.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	1199  

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BATISTA View Post

Cabbage. Not a fan of sci-fi.

magblax Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
    He's a vegatarian. From Brussles Sprouts Belgium

LOL... Thanks computerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spencemom View Post
    Hi everyone,
    We have seen Robert about 5 times now & these are some of the pictures from our last visit in the summer.
    Enjoy!
    Nicky
    Any weird stuff happen while you were there taking the pictures of him?

Spencemom Guest
    No, but he is creepy & I always asked his permission 1st & thanked him afterwords.
    Nicky

Quote Originally Posted by Spencemom View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Enjoy!
    Nicky

So what did the sign about "no photographs" say?
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

attackatdawn Guest

Ghost Car Vanishes During Police Chase

This is probably fake but it is making the rounds on the internet now

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...83043027464017

SuckMyKiss Guest
    Thats been out agesssssssssss, it's cool, but it's probably just a trick of the light.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo spooky!

onehunglow Guest
    That's Bond! James Bond. Ok my last two movies sucked so I kept the car.

different kind of girl Guest
    That got better at the end with the fence. At first I thought it was corny and people would look for anything to be ghostly. This was a cool video, thanks for sharing.

Cettie Guest
    That was fun, maybe he was really a space alien and got beamed up.

hoxharding Guest
    I can't explain it

Nowereman Guest
    Where was the Police helicopter, don't they usually have one of those involved if the car chase goes way too far ? The Coppers lost the car which drove through the fence and it got away, so it is now a GHOST CAR !!!!

Kathyf Guest
    Pretty cool fake or not.

Nowereman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post
    Pretty cool fake or not.
    Agreed pretty cool fake

djdeath-hag Guest
    I'm impressed....but not convinced of anything more supernatural than good editing. What self-respecting ghost would be driving a Lumina?

LOL...Good point, dj! Definately, not one who is a friend of Dorothy!!!! That was a bit spooky though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Danny62 Guest
    Did the car drive thru the chainlink fence leaving it untouched?

Pretty creepy!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Pleeze...this is ridiculous...since when are cars capable of becoming ghosts?

knothere Guest
    u can see tail lights past the fence nlookes like the fencing is down to the right of the pole

attackatdawn Guest
    Here is another one with a EVP attached http://www.gottahavitcatalog.com/myhaunteddoll.html

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    You think thats bad, you wanna see this shit. OMG

http://reneesghosts.homestead.com/HauntedClownEVP.html

HAUNTED FUCKING CLOWN!!!!!! Clowns and Dolls terrify me at the best of times. But a clown doll that is HAUNTED!!! That is just all kinds of wrongness.

She bought one, and the daft cow bought ANOTHER.

http://reneesghosts.homestead.com/Re...tedClowns.html

URGHHHH KILL THEM ALLL!!!
    Why would anyone want a clown doll in the first place?Clowns freak the shit out of me !

Robert the doll is one nasty looking doll! Burn him already or something!

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Why would anyone want a clown doll in the first place?Clowns freak the shit out of me !

Robert the doll is one nasty looking doll! Burn him already or something!
    Agreed. Some really feaking stuff there. I hope Robert is not trolling the boards!!

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    I think Robert must have been cute when he was new. He's kinda cute now, in a way.

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post

I was waiting for one of those scary faces to pop on the screen and scare the hell outta me! I was trying to look away and at the screen at the same time. I wasn't quite sure WHAT I would see clicking a link from this message board!

attackatdawn Guest
    Isn't this dolly cute? A tad scary lol!

http://www.lclark.edu/~hesdaile/pictures/baby.jpg

Or this little beauty it doubles as a pencil sharpener!

http://1nation.eu/post/17814951
    Last edited by attackatdawn; 11-27-2007 at 04:11 PM.

attackatdawn Guest

Weird Stories (USA)

I found this place click on your state and read weird (could be true?) stories from your state (if you live in the USA)
    http://www.weirdus.com/stories/_stories.asp

OMG A albino Bigfoot was seen in Minnesota lmao!

Kathyf Guest

This is right near my house I have seen the bent bars. At one of the small taverns they leave a drink for her at the end of the bar everyday.
    THE LEGEND OF RESURRECTION MARY
    DANCES WITH THE DEAD IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
    Hundreds of people have seen her. Dozens have danced with her. A handful even claim they’ve kissed her. She walks along Archer Avenue in Chicago, Illinois, or hitches rides along it. Sometimes she’s seen lying in a heap along the border of a cemetery or walking or dancing within its gates. Her name is Resurrection Mary, and her story has frightened, fascinated, and confounded local residents of Chicago and Justice, for the past seventy years.

According to local lore, Mary was a girl of sixteen in 1934. She was fond of dancing and often frequented the O’Henry Ballroom (now known as the Willowbrook) on Archer Avenue, located on the outskirts of Chicago. One winter night, Mary and her boyfriend got into an argument on the dance floor. Mary stormed out of the club and began walking home, along the desolate stretch of Archer Avenue towards her house. As she walked alongside Resurrection Cemetery, an automobile passing her screeched out of control, collided with her, and killed her. The driver panicked and left the scene, and was never caught or held responsible for the death.

Mary’s family and friends, who lived in a close knit Polish community, mourned her passing and tried to move on. She was buried within the cemetery she died next to. For five years she laid at rest, buried in the very gown and dancing shoes she had died in.

Jerry Palus was a young man who often visited the O’Henry Ballroom in 1939. He often went alone in an effort to approach women. One night he approached a beautiful young girl who sported striking blonde hair and who wore a flowing white gown. They danced all night, but Jerry was a bit baffled. The girl had hardly uttered a word all night, even though they had been dancing with each other for hours. As the night came to a close, Jerry offered to drive the girl home.

As they drove up Archer Avenue, Jerry was beginning to get worried. The girl wouldn’t speak beyond instructing him where to drive. As they approached the gates of the cemetery, the girl suddenly said “I must get out here. You can not follow.” He stopped the car, she got out, and as she walked towards the gates she disappeared.

The next day, Jerry went to the address the girl had said was their final destination. The woman who answered the door told him that no one who matched the girl’s description lived there. Jerry saw a picture hanging behind her on the wall and recognized it as the same girl whom he had courted the night before. When he pointed this out, the woman told him that the girl in the picture was her daughter, who had been dead for five years.

Since that night in 1939, literally hundreds of people have seen Mary. She usually appears to men who are travelling alone, although she has also been sighted by women and groups. Most of the people who encounter Mary describe two tell-tale traits of hers: she hardly speaks and she is cold to the touch.

One of the most intriguing twists to the Mary tale occurred in 1977. A man driving by the cemetery saw a young girl who appeared to be trapped inside. She was clutching the bars of the cemetery’s iron fence and looked to be extremely frightened. He travelled to the nearest police station and told them what he had seen. When they all returned, there was no sign of the girl, but there were two bars which were bent and twisted. Upon them were the very discernible handprints of a child, which appeared to be melted into the metal. Cemetery officials removed the bars and had them examined. It was determined that an incredible amount of heat would have to be applied to twist the bars in that fashion. They set the bars back in place, although they reshaped and repainted them. Regardless of their alterations, the bars have always returned to a gnarled state and always display a pattern resembling a handprint on them.

The legend of Resurrection Mary has grown to be nationally known. There are other states which boast tales remarkably reminiscent to that of Mary. New Jersey has two: The Legend of Annie’s Road in Totowa and The White Lady of Newark’s Branch Brook Park. Bristol, Pennsylvania is home to Midnight Mary, and Altoona is haunted by a similar apparition known as the White Lady of the Buckhorn. Whether some of these stories are copycats of the other or they all sprang up from the same place in the collective unconscious of people throughout the country, there seems to be something of an American fascination with this brand of ghost legend.

Resurrection Mary still periodically appears in the area around Archer Avenue. Police constantly patrol the Resurrection Cemetery, but they have not managed to dissuade the flocks of curious who visit the area looking to dance a midnight dance with Mary.

attackatdawn Guest
    I have heard of Resurrection Mary before, Kathy you live near that cemetary how interesting! Have you seen or felt a presence there? Poor Mary I wonder why she can't move on?

Kathyf Guest
    I went on a few ghost tours. It felt weird near the bars. We of course had to touch them. We have a lot of ghosts wandering arround supposedly. At a cemetary called Bachelor's Grove there is definately evil there. It is grown over but you can still get there. Had a seance once and the wind blew hard and only where we were.

Jazbabee Guest
    Look at Spook Hill in Maryland on this map. This is not far from my home, and it really DOES work.....it's scary and pretty cool at the same time !

That site is cool... those guys started (and still publish) a great mag called Weird NJ which lists all the cool, weird, funny stuff in NJ. They have been expanding to the US and started publishing books about other states.
    --john

MorbidMolly Guest
    THE ROAD UP SPOOK HILL
    Spook Hill is a long promoted gravity-defying hill in Lake Wales, Florida where you can park your car at the bottom and it will roll up hill. It has been mentioned in all kinds of publications including a story that appeared in the Wall Street Journal. It is such a popular place for curiosity seekers that the City of Lake Wales has put up little brown direction signs all over town so you can find the mysterious hill. However, beware that local pranksters often turn these signs so they point in the opposite direction. As I found out, it only takes one sign being switched to send you off into oblivion. I returned to my starting point several times before I figured out that something was wrong. By accident I came up on a lone directional sign on the opposite side of town and from that point followed the series of signs until I came to Spook Hill Elementary School and just ahead I saw the hill. Once you get to this point you cannot miss the Spook Hill sign erected by the City that explains the history of the hill. The sign also explains how to experience Spook Hill by parking your car on the white line that??s painted on the street, shifting to neutral and letting her roll up the hill.

I followed the instructions and within a second my car was gliding slowly up hill, or at least that??s what it seemed to be doing. On weekends there can be as many as fifteen to twenty cars at one time waiting to experience the crazy gravity.

There are several folk stories about Spook Hill and how it was discovered. The most popular account has to do with a black gentleman who parked his automobile at the base of the hill to do a little fishing in a nearby lake. He had hardly reached the lake when he turned and saw his car rolling up the hill. Thus began a tale that circulated within the black community for years and eventually found its way into local white folklore. Other accounts say that the hill was a sacred spot used by early Native American for religious ceremonies. One story even claimed that there was a huge magnetic rock buried within the hill which is similar to another tale blaming the weird effects on a magnetic meteorite that hit the earth at this spot and is still buried inside the hill. History speaks about early pioneers noticing that their horses had to labor hard to go down Spook Hill but found it easy going up the hill.

So what does the State Geologist have to say about Spook Hill? A few years before this book, I received the following response from the State Geologist, ??There are no mysterious forces at work at Spook Hill. It is an illusion and can be verified with a simple carpenter??s level.? Don??t you just love these smarty britches that always ruin a good mystery with scientific mish mash? So, I took a carpenter??s level to Spook Hill and discovered that what was ??up? was really ??down.? The lay of the terrain around Spook Hill is responsible for the illusion. If you approach the hill from the opposite direction and survey the surroundings you can clearly see how the illusion works. In conclusion, cars do not roll up hill; they are actually rolling down hill. Knowing the secret really doesn??t spoil the fun because you can still have a good time figuring out the illusion.

Couldn`t find any specifically for Miami, but take my word for it folks, it don`t get any weirder than real life here ...........

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    I'd give it to Scott.

Good choice, and free of charge!! Scott rocks!!

SistaSara Guest
    Can't help it...but this reminds me of that episode of the Brady Bunch...

(ok i'll stop...)

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post

(ok i'll stop...)
    The Brady Tiki. Where did it come from? where has it gone? Which Tiki was it?
    Perhaps one of the most famous (or infamous) Tikis in pop culture today, the Brady Tiki is still somewhat of a mystery. It was only used in three consecutive episodes of the Brady bunch. It was "found" in episode 72, "Hawaii bound". wreaked havok in episode 73, "Pass the Taboo" and met it's final demise in episode 74, "The Tiki Caves". It's true origin was most likly a Hawaiian souviner shop. It looks much like the many souviner Tikis of the mid seventies, made by Coco Joe, or maybe H.I.P. It is vaguly Ku shaped, like many of the day, and more than likely cast resin. It is currently in the possession of Barry Williams, (who played Greg Brady on the show) He "rescued" it from a prop room a couple years ago, while producing "Growing Up Brady" at Paramount, and currently wears it while on tour.

SistaSara Guest

PvN73 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SistaSara View Post

(ok i'll stop...)
    OMG - I loved that episode - didnt greg try to surf? haaaaaa

We're gonna keep on, keep on, keep on, keep on dancing all through the night.
    We're gonna keep on, keep on, keep on doing it right
    We're gonna keep on, keep on , keep on movin
    Gonna keep on, keep on, keep on grooving
    Keep on singing and dancing all through the night

Do you think they are really talking about dancin? esp when they mention strummin a guitar?

donetodeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathyf View Post

This is right near my house I have seen the bent bars. At one of the small taverns they leave a drink for her at the end of the bar everyday.
    THE LEGEND OF RESURRECTION MARY
    DANCES WITH THE DEAD IN CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
    Hundreds of people have seen her. Dozens have danced with her. A handful even claim they??ve kissed her. She walks along Archer Avenue in Chicago, Illinois, or hitches rides along it. Sometimes she??s seen lying in a heap along the border of a cemetery or walking or dancing within its gates. Her name is Resurrection Mary, and her story has frightened, fascinated, and confounded local residents of Chicago and Justice, for the past seventy years.

According to local lore, Mary was a girl of sixteen in 1934. She was fond of dancing and often frequented the O??Henry Ballroom (now known as the Willowbrook) on Archer Avenue, located on the outskirts of Chicago. One winter night, Mary and her boyfriend got into an argument on the dance floor. Mary stormed out of the club and began walking home, along the desolate stretch of Archer Avenue towards her house. As she walked alongside Resurrection Cemetery, an automobile passing her screeched out of control, collided with her, and killed her. The driver panicked and left the scene, and was never caught or held responsible for the death.

Mary??s family and friends, who lived in a close knit Polish community, mourned her passing and tried to move on. She was buried within the cemetery she died next to. For five years she laid at rest, buried in the very gown and dancing shoes she had died in.

Jerry Palus was a young man who often visited the O??Henry Ballroom in 1939. He often went alone in an effort to approach women. One night he approached a beautiful young girl who sported striking blonde hair and who wore a flowing white gown. They danced all night, but Jerry was a bit baffled. The girl had hardly uttered a word all night, even though they had been dancing with each other for hours. As the night came to a close, Jerry offered to drive the girl home.

As they drove up Archer Avenue, Jerry was beginning to get worried. The girl wouldn??t speak beyond instructing him where to drive. As they approached the gates of the cemetery, the girl suddenly said ??I must get out here. You can not follow.? He stopped the car, she got out, and as she walked towards the gates she disappeared.

The next day, Jerry went to the address the girl had said was their final destination. The woman who answered the door told him that no one who matched the girl??s description lived there. Jerry saw a picture hanging behind her on the wall and recognized it as the same girl whom he had courted the night before. When he pointed this out, the woman told him that the girl in the picture was her daughter, who had been dead for five years.

Since that night in 1939, literally hundreds of people have seen Mary. She usually appears to men who are travelling alone, although she has also been sighted by women and groups. Most of the people who encounter Mary describe two tell-tale traits of hers: she hardly speaks and she is cold to the touch.

One of the most intriguing twists to the Mary tale occurred in 1977. A man driving by the cemetery saw a young girl who appeared to be trapped inside. She was clutching the bars of the cemetery??s iron fence and looked to be extremely frightened. He travelled to the nearest police station and told them what he had seen. When they all returned, there was no sign of the girl, but there were two bars which were bent and twisted. Upon them were the very discernible handprints of a child, which appeared to be melted into the metal. Cemetery officials removed the bars and had them examined. It was determined that an incredible amount of heat would have to be applied to twist the bars in that fashion. They set the bars back in place, although they reshaped and repainted them. Regardless of their alterations, the bars have always returned to a gnarled state and always display a pattern resembling a handprint on them.

The legend of Resurrection Mary has grown to be nationally known. There are other states which boast tales remarkably reminiscent to that of Mary. New Jersey has two: The Legend of Annie??s Road in Totowa and The White Lady of Newark??s Branch Brook Park. Bristol, Pennsylvania is home to Midnight Mary, and Altoona is haunted by a similar apparition known as the White Lady of the Buckhorn. Whether some of these stories are copycats of the other or they all sprang up from the same place in the collective unconscious of people throughout the country, there seems to be something of an American fascination with this brand of ghost legend.

Resurrection Mary still periodically appears in the area around Archer Avenue. Police constantly patrol the Resurrection Cemetery, but they have not managed to dissuade the flocks of curious who visit the area looking to dance a midnight dance with Mary.
    WOW!Is this the same story i once saw on unsolved mystery's

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    It is currently in the possession of Barry Williams, (who played Greg Brady on the show) He "rescued" it from a prop room a couple years ago, while producing "Growing Up Brady" at Paramount, and currently wears it while on tour.
    what the hell does a greg brady tour entail?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    what the hell does a greg brady tour entail?
    JOHNNY BRAVO

Kathyf Guest

I seen the same episode

I saw this not too long ago on one of the paranormal shows. I thought at first it was on GhostHunters but maybe not? Anyone see the show too?

Sparkles Guest
    I remember seeing that on Unsolved Mysteries as well