Page 1 of 73 1231050 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Katie Guest

Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

What do you think about ghost hunting? I love the show that comes on the TV on Wednesdays. Instead of all this Hocus pocus, they try to debunk what others have felt.

Not long ago, they did the house that sits down the road from The Tate murders. It was spooky the amount of EVP's they were able to obtain.

What do you think?

knothere Guest
    They say The Pines Estate once owned by Errol Flynn appears on a mid summers night u hear music n partys n such. I love ghost stories but i don't wanna hunt ghosts.

I'm fascinated by the "paranormal". For awhile I was a member of the New England Society for Psychic Research. I don't believe for a second that this is all there is; I've seen too much to make me think otherwise. I would LOVE to start a ghosthunting group here on Long Island...this place is INFESTED with spirits and the like!

I believe in psychic imprinting.Be it thru long term association with a place or object or a violent or unhappy death.Echoes of the departed hanging out for revenge or closure.Maybe they just dont want to leave the party.Who knows?By the time we personaly find out its a moot point.

Ms. K Guest
    There's quite a few ghost stories that are just so much hooey.

And then again, there's places like Waverly Hills where strange things happen that can't be explained logically.

However, I like watching Ghost Hunters, especially when something happens that scares the living daylights out of them!

I love the show too but just once I would love to see "something" grab one of them and get it on film! lol

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I love the show too but just once I would love to see "something" grab one of them and get it on film! lol
    Apparently, they got the living, breathing hell scared out of them at Waverly Hills.

Look, I grew up in Kentucky. My dad grew up in Louisville. I've been past Waverly Hills, and I got cold chills before I ever knew what it was. That place is one that The Grownups wouldn't talk to us children about when we were young.

Once I got older, and had it explained to me that it was Waverly Hills, the former TB sanitarium, old folks' home, and I do believe asylum (have to Google it again)? I never, ever had the stupid teenager urge to go and poke around.

You couldn't get me to Waverly Hills for love or money. So, I think SOMETHING happened to them at Waverly Hills, but they don't really talk about it, and I don't think they caught it on camera. But they all seemed really spooked by it.

Did you see the episode in the armoury, where the sound guy got pulled off his feet backwards? THAT was some scary stuff!

Out here on Long Island we have the Kings Park Psychiatric Center that has a notorious past: deaths, shock treatment and the like. It closed some time ago, but the place is ripe with restless spirit energy. Even the air is opressive.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Out here on Long Island we have the Kings Park Psychiatric Center that has a notorious past: deaths, shock treatment and the like. It closed some time ago, but the place is ripe with restless spirit energy. Even the air is opressive.
    That's what it feels like when you drive past Waverly Hills out on Dixie Highway.

There's a place in Lake Elsinore, close to where I live, called The Chimes. You can FEEL the energy when you walk past on the street. Nothing super bad, but you know that there's energy centered there.

knothere Guest
    Theres an old heritage property church on the property of the mental institution it has lots of activity n the city wants it gone its causing a fuss with the patients( like they need more stress) historians r like but its heritage.

Check out Ghoststudy.com for evps, pics and videos! If I'm not on FAD then you can find me there!

HippieMama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    They did . . . I believe it was at an asylum, something grabbed the cameraman's equipment bag hanging over his shoulder and it jumped up and smacked him in the face and knocked him down . . . he couldn't move for a few minutes either. Anyone remember the exact location they were at? Come on, I know someone's seen this episode!

Snoopy Guest
    I love Ghost Hunters too..never miss it..they're from my home state!

Laurie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I love Ghost Hunters too..never miss it..they're from my home state!
    Me too! I love that show - mostly because they're naturally skeptical and look for logical reasons behind "evidence." I think they have a lot more credibility than some of the other ghost haunting shows.

seamuskaxen Guest
    We don´t have that show here, but it sounds like a show that I would love. They had a show from I don´t know if it was from Australia because the had that kind of accent. They would spend a night at haunted houses a man would sit outside in van, and a man and a woman would walk around inside. They had a helmet on, so you could see their eyes, and they actually caught things on tape that was incredible.

Ms. K, I used to live out in San Bernardino and worked out in Redlands, they had alot of freaky eerie places out there. Namely Prospect Park. Ugh...my friends and I were wanting to do a little stroll on a balmy afternoon, but got chased by some weird things in there. My work place was pretty haunted too, doors would open and close, you would hear things, that you know shouldn't be going on. Creepy!

My alltime favorite Ghost Hunters was when they were in the lighthouse (I want to say Florida) and they had the shadow 'creatures' caught on film walking across the camera. I felt so bad for Steve in that one because all this activity is going on and he was scared of heights.
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

Guest Guest
    I am also addicted to the paranormal. I watch all shows including : Ghost Hunters, A Haunting, The most haunted places in America: and whichever TV specials are on. It's almost Halloween so all them spooky ghost shows and scary movies will be coming on and I can't wait : giggles: I look at tons of ghost pics online a great site to see is Ghoststudy.com, I listen to EVP's " Electronic voice phenomenon " and the video's of paranormal activity, apparations or things moving, mist or orbs.

I love Ghost Hunters also. I've got all their seasons on DVD, and make it a point to watch it ever Wednesday - which is "marathon" night - since they show like 3 episiodes in a row!

There's talk on their message boards on their website that maybe some of that stuff at the Tate episode was "faked" - something to do with the temperature reading, and also the use of that thing that kept lighting up when they were asking Sebring questions.

Some people are saying that the producers of the show wanted them to really hype stuff up since it was the season ending show - and that Justin & Grant weren't too happy about it.

I've heard they are real stand-up guys and wouldn't fake stuff. Which to me is obvious, since quite a few of their shows are ones were they don't find anything at all!

I believe in all that stuff. While my Mom was ill and I was caring for her last year before she passed, we used to watch all those ghost programs together - she loved all that stuff. She was a death hag at heart too and loved celeb bio stuff.

She knew I had never seen a ghost and after she passed away, she "treated" me into becoming a "true believer" with her own personal experiences for me - knocking on my bedroom wall, and seeing a misty "cloud" out in the backyard. The dog was running around in circles barking at it too!

It was starting to freak me out, so I had a chat with her and told her to keep it cool - which she has, altho once in a while I still hear knock and tapping on the walls - but she only does it during the daytime when I'm wide awake and not late at night!

onehunglow Guest

Ghost ,Poltergeist and Haunting's-Pic's and stories

[SIZE=3]I have never seen a ghost, (a UFO yes) but I have heard one or more. My friend moved into an old farm house and from day one, odd things happened. This house was up for sale all the time and I told him it must have water problems or something. After he had bought the place he began to hear the stories about why people moved out. I thought this was all crap. He lived there 22 years and his stories were unbelievable. One night about 8 years back, I and a few others had too much to drink at a party and didn’t want to drive the 20 miles back home. I found a piece of couch and tried to get to sleep. Dead of summer and near 90 out and yet I was cold. I got up to find a cover. Then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I thought “OK, they’re going to try and scare me, I’ll bite”. I waited until the loud footsteps were right behind the door and opened it expecting to see someone. No one there but a burst of cold air. Then I heard the same sounds from the basement. I walked over drunken and had a lot of nerve. The steps came louder and when I seen a shadow under the door I yanked it open. Nothing. Come to find out my buddies was hearing the same thing. Drunk or not, we got out and headed home. I had an odd feeling for weeks. When he sold the house the new owners had a Priest come in and do his thing. You couldn’t pay me to spend a night in that place. I have to wonder about the ghosts who prowl their old digs in Hollywood and refuse to leave. [/SIZE]
    Last edited by onehunglow; 10-07-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    [SIZE=3] I thought ??OK, they??re going to try and scare me, I??ll bite?. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Roflmfao, you'll bite? I've lived in a so called haunted house. They don't tend to mess with you on purpose, there just trying to make their presence known.[/SIZE]

onehunglow Guest

They did the job. I won't even drive past that place.

I could save 7 minutes but I always take the long way.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentino009 View Post
    Ms. K, I used to live out in San Bernardino and worked out in Redlands, they had alot of freaky eerie places out there. Namely Prospect Park. Ugh...my friends and I were wanting to do a little stroll on a balmy afternoon, but got chased by some weird things in there. My work place was pretty haunted too, doors would open and close, you would hear things, that you know shouldn't be going on. Creepy!
    Oooooh, I've heard there were some really freaky, eerie places out that way!

My husband used to work in San Bernardino, and occasionally, I would go exploring. Granted, I knew NOTHING about the area, except that San Bernardino is, well, pretty much mostly ghetto (or, at least, most of what *I* saw was ghetto), so that was damned stupid of me.

But there were places that I'd drive by, and make mental notes to never, ever stop there no matter what. Just gave off the uber-creepy vibes.

What chased y'all in Prospect Park?

Headhunter Guest
    Do you get any of the "Most Haunted" in the USA ? . I believe they have showed some of the Live ones they have done.... That can be really freaky, especially when Derek Acorah used to be on it, we went to see him in a live show once and he was too accurate at times, even gave this irish fella his home address.

I don't care much for Most Haunted. All of them are too "dramatic" and that stuff with the green lit eyes just annoys me. Plus I've heard rumors that some of it is faked on their show.

I'll take Ghost Hunters over Most Haunted ANY day!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    My house is haunted.

No, seriously. I'm the biggest skeptic you could imagine. My half sis claims she is physic and whenever we get together, she's always saying, we don't need a meeting place, I'll feel your prescense. I'm like, Okay, what's Plan B?

So, when I moved into this house, which I am renting from a friend, she and her adult daughter told me all about the ghost. They are both very reasonable, logical people and I just shrugged it off and thought, Uh yeah, sure.

Well, they weren't kidding. One night, my husband's friend, an Army Ranger not given to anything supernatual, was home on leave and stayed with us. The guys were downstairs watching TV and I went upstairs to bed and was reading. I dozed off and suddenly I felt these warm comforting arms embrace me. Nothing sexual, just comforting. I thought it was my husband, but nope, he wasn't there. It was the ghost.

Another time, we had friends over and were sitting in the dining room, talking, having a cocktail or six. From upstairs, we heard this horrific crash. All of the stuff on my nightstand had been knocked off. Dogs and children were all accounted for.

The main part of this house was built in the 1870s. It only happens upstairs, never downstairs and only in the older part, not in the additions that were built later.

Oh and the Army Ranger? He slept downstairs on the couch the next night after hearing that. Heh.

Once again, not to sound like a broken record, but if you're into ghosts and the like, like I am..check out Ghoststudy.com. They have evps, photos and videos. Neat stuff!

Guest Guest
    I live in a 135 yr old victorian style home, if anyone lives or has been in Vermont you know what I'm talking about. It creeks, I hear noises, but it's never been more then that. My other home in Missouri was a total different story. I had activity all the time and he was not a " nice " guy. I was cleaning the kitchen, mopping the floor it was like 180 degrees outside and my house felt like an oven. So I sat down on a stool took a sip of my pepsi and " Voooosh " the stool was kicked , pushed, just plain out forced out from underneath me. I had a clip in my hair and the force was so hard it knocked me backwards, the clip left a small cut and knot on the back of my head. When I looked up noone was there. I looked around and seen the stool by the back door, it had hit the door with such force it left a indentation in the wood. I posted a couple of my encounters on ghoststudy.com under the title the man and his daughter.

erin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    I am also addicted to the paranormal. I watch all shows including : Ghost Hunters, A Haunting, The most haunted places in America: and whichever TV specials are on. It's almost Halloween so all them spooky ghost shows and scary movies will be coming on and I can't wait : giggles: I look at tons of ghost pics online a great site to see is Ghoststudy.com, I listen to EVP's " Electronic voice phenomenon " and the video's of paranormal activity, apparations or things moving, mist or orbs.

Me, too. I can't get enough of those shows. It all began in the house that I grew up in. It was most definately haunted. I would hear footsteps, twice I heard a voice call my name. One night I thought my parents had friends over, which was common in those days, so I went to go tell them to pipe down but nobody was there when I got to the living room. Everyone was asleep (and snoring), no TV's were on, etc. It freaked me out, but also fascinated me. I've been hooked ever since.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Once again, not to sound like a broken record, but if you're into ghosts and the like, like I am..check out Ghoststudy.com. They have evps, photos and videos. Neat stuff!
    Oh Yeah...Ghoststudy is great! I go there often to view the photos people send in. Except for orbs - which, if they aren't bogus are still boring - I really enjoy seeing the various oddities. Another good one for ghost tales and encounters (similar to the one above) is ghostvillage.com. A fun, quick lunch time read.
    Last edited by BeeCee; 01-11-2008 at 04:52 AM.

You know, for all that I believe in: ghosts, spirits, Loch Ness Monster, etc. I have THE hardest time believing in UFO's. Maybe I've been abducted and programmed not to remember. 1981 is a blur to me!

I can tell my story here I suppose.

My husband and I bought our house from an older couple. We are the first non-family people to own the 100 year old house. We never had any issues, saw anything, felt anything etc until..

My (At the time) 3 year old son would sometimes come running to me saying "Someone scared me". We never really could ever get any info out of him other than that it was a boy. It was usually in certain areas of the house- the door to the back entrance area and the archway between the dining room and the living room.

So, there used to be a show out of North Carolina called the Craig Shoemaker show (he HEEEE... love that Craig- does a killer Barney Fife impersonation)- he used to have this psychic on called Hans King. I called in and asked if there were spirits in my house, and he said yes, an old man and a young boy. Weird- I didn't mention the part about my son saying it was a boy that was scaring him.

My son seems to have gotten over it- this hasn't happened in a long time.

ComputerGuy Guest
    I believe in spirits I guess. Our house was built in the 70's but one of the occupants died where my office is. He died from cancer and we have had some things happen.

Besides the usual "cold" or passing feeling, the phone has paged itself a couple of times and my B-25 bomber model has started up by itself so much I removed the batteries.

It it starts up without the batteries, I AM OUTTA HERE!!

attackatdawn Guest
    When my family first moved into our 100 plus year house 20 years ago, a few strange things happened, lights turning on & off, voices that seemed to whisper but nothing that really made me afraid. Then I found out our house and the near by school may have been built on top of a indian burial ground. I told my dad about the annoying things that had happened, my mother poohed pooed it she did not believe in ghosts anyway after my dad died all the weird happenings just stopped. I often wonder if he didn't tell the spirits to leave his daughter & family alone lol!

SecretSquirrel Guest

Talking Big hi's and ghost hunts

I'm seriously super happy FAD has a forum now - I've finally found my place I'm right outside of Chicago and am thinking of doing a group weekend road trip of ghost hunting next spring (?) - map out destinations by consensus and scare the bejesses out of ourselves. So get me if you're down with that Love!

knothere Guest
    I bot my dad a 3 stooges talkin beer cap opener. After he died I got it back.
    When I use it, it tends to go off for like the rest of the night randomly.

Bake Guest
    I went to Oatman AZ with a friend. We went into the Oatman Hotel to look around. They had all kinds of old newspaper clippings telling about "Oatie" he's the resident ghost there. Well of course you go upstairs to see the rooms, Clark Gable and Carol Lombard stayed there on their honeymoon! I walked into one of the rooms to look around...I couldn't stay in it, I KNOW Oatie was there, I went and got my friend and told her I'd meet her downstairs, I couldn't stay. She didn't feel him there, but I sure in the heck did!! Cold shiver and all!!

Morbid1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    [SIZE=3] . They don't tend to mess with you on purpose, there just trying to make their presence known.[/SIZE]
    And what a great feeling that is..right? lolol..

My grandparents house was haunted..and as a kid staying with them for
    the summer was really fun,hearing footsteps,whispering,loud bangs (not
    the type I prefer..) And cold spots all over there house was enough
    for me.Though it was interesting that both of my grandparents died in
    that house 2 months apart makes me wonder.My grandmother hated
    living there..she said something "bad" was there and didn't like us.

I only stayed there with them for 2 weeks and never went back!

-Morbid1

Morbid1 Guest
    Also,

For you folks that like reading about ghost..check this site out!

Some of the stuff in this site you really don't want to read at night!

http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

Amazing real ghost stuff...Ive been a fan of the site for years.

-Morbid1

radio_free_bg Guest

Ghost ,Poltergeist and Haunting's-Pic's and stories

We are slowly creeping towards Old Hallows Eve and I thought it would be nice for everyone to share any personal supernatural experiences they might have had or heard of. Are you a believer? Are you a skeptic?

I personally have never had the opportunity to see an entity, however; there are rumors that my work place is haunted. A janitor suffered a heart attack while on duty and died in route to the hospital. Some of the other custodians claim that his ghost haunts the hall he regularly worked in.

I've walked through this hall during the "off-season" (when the children are on vacation) when it is very dark and creepy, but like I aforementioned, have never had any type of supernatural experience.

Anybody w/ a story to share?

BeeCee Guest
    I read a lot of them but, alas, have never had what I would term a supernatural experience. Therefore, I continue to waver between believer and skeptic. After reading so many accounts of what people claim are real hauntings/happenings/whatever...you begin to think that odds are they can't all be hallucinating.

attackatdawn Guest
    I never really have seen a ghost but have encountered weird happenings in my 100 yr old house. A friend of mine once lived in a older house, one night she was sitting in here kitchen and noticed what appeared to be a pen or pencil drawing right on her refrigerator that looked like a child had drawn it. She has no children, the following day what appeared to be a little boy appeared in front of her she was so freaked out she told the entity to leave and it never came back however she moved shortly after this experience.

onehunglow Guest

Question What would you do with a haunted souvenir?

[SIZE=3]I don??t know. I have a piece of Buddy Holly??s plane and the gravel that was in the lot of the Surf before it was paved over that they all walked on. I got this back in 62 or 63. Nothing odd in any place I ever lived. Now, I am not the end of the story. In 1984 a friend brought me a piece of lava from Hawaii and said it was cursed if you took it. I laughed it off. A few weeks later my mother fell in the shower and expired. My Lincoln Town Car lost a water pump driving to the airport and when I got to Denver our old plane had about 6 guys fixing something and was delayed for 5 hours. I got back to Iowa and seen my 2nd grade teacher in a McDonalds and she talked to me and left. She walked 3 blocks and got hit by a car and killed. When I got back to NV I got demoted at work and sent back to nights. I wasn??t watching what I was doing and got into a high voltage power supply and knocked on my ass. I took that damn rock to toss it out and run into a lady that asked where I was going. I told her about my bad luck and she said stuff happens. I gave her the lava. The next week she found out she had lung cancer and 8 weeks to live. I came in to find that damn black shinny rock on my bench. I put it in a box and sent it back to Hawaii ATT: Postmaster. Needless to say, no return address. [/SIZE]

Yeah, I heard taking any rocks and lava chips from Hawaii is bad news. I read an article about that once, and how the post office forwards all those boxes to ranger stations around the islands (after the people who sent it tell them exactly where they picked it up!) and they go and put things back.

onehunglow Guest

Well it is 4,000 miles from me.

I've never been there, have no desire to ever go there and no clue what Island George got it from. All I know is that after I mailed it back, my luck changed. Spooks? I don't know, but I am not pushing it. I wonder where Scott's piece come from. Scott don't you dare send that to me. I have bin laden's address send it to him. 1st cave on the left just past the mine fields.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    I've never been there, have no desire to ever go there and no clue what Island George got it from. All I know is that after I mailed it back, my luck changed. Spooks? I don't know, but I am not pushing it. I wonder where Scott's piece come from. Scott don't you dare send that to me. I have bin laden's address send it to him. 1st cave on the left just past the mine fields.
    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Literally. Oy Vey

onehunglow Guest

I'm such a dull person, I don't make many LOL

Glad you enjoyed. I am sure Geroge can send you a piece since he goes twice a year.

GhostWorld Guest
    Lava from Hawaii is totally cursed, I know this guy whose dad took some home - his wife died, son got cancer and died, other son was in a car accident and he is a parapalegic now, and the guy I know had cancer. His dad sent the rocks back and the guy's cancer went into remission (after TONS of treatment). But it all happened within a matter of a couple of years. Hawaii is a mystical place, it just has its own energy.

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    I'd give it to Scott.

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen_Death_Hag View Post
    I'd give it to Scott.
    Ha! Me too