Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2464717273
Results 3,601 to 3,643 of 3643

Thread: Ghosts, Poltergeists, Haunted Places & Stories

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Yeah - that and having no feet suggests that there may have been something odd about the woman.
    You mentioned her dress - did it strike you as being contemporary in style - something that people might have worn at the time you saw her?
    The style didn't strike me. I was ten years old. I just saw the pattern.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow Jim that was freaky as hell, okay I talked to someone that was working the scene when the plane crash happened as they were waiting for more help to haul away bodies they actually brought some and used our parking lot to put some of the bodies before taking them where ever.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The style didn't strike me. I was ten years old. I just saw the pattern.
    I'm surprised you even noticed the pattern.
    Had it been me, I'm not sure I would have looked back over my shoulder to see it while running away that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Wow Jim that was freaky as hell, okay I talked to someone that was working the scene when the plane crash happened as they were waiting for more help to haul away bodies they actually brought some and used our parking lot to put some of the bodies before taking them where ever.
    Y'all should set up some kind of low light camera.
    If you can see the shadows darting about, surely a camera could capture them too.

I'm very skeptical that ghosts or such exist mainly due to lack of verifiable evidence; but I certainly can't offer any explanation for experiences like y'all have recounted here.
    We consider ghosts to be "supernatural"; which of course means that they are not of the natural world. If they were ever proven to exist, the "supernatural" label would have to go away. They would be shown to simply be another aspect, though rarely seen; of our natural world.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

We have had what I call shadow people around our house for several years. They do not bother me. They freak my husband out. You will be in the house during daylight and you will see a shadow person walk by the window outside. Or more than one. Different heights. A lady I work for told me if I see one just go outside and tell them they are not welcome here. She suggested using olive oil to make the cross above all doors and windows which I have never done. I just hope it is not husband's step-brother who was brutally murdered a few years ago or his sister who died at a young age a couple of years ago and was not at peace with her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    We have had what I call shadow people around our house for several years. They do not bother me. They freak my husband out. You will be in the house during daylight and you will see a shadow person walk by the window outside. Or more than one. Different heights. A lady I work for told me if I see one just go outside and tell them they are not welcome here. She suggested using olive oil to make the cross above all doors and windows which I have never done. I just hope it is not husband's step-brother who was brutally murdered a few years ago or his sister who died at a young age a couple of years ago and was not at peace with her life.
    We had two or three who stayed grouped together in the double wide trailer we lived in. I had always heard they were mean and was scared to death when I saw them in the living room, but they never even acknowledged my presence. Even, so I can't ditch my dread of seeing shadow people--or shadow men as they are sometimes referred as.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dang.
    I'm pretty content not seeing too many things I can't explain or understand.

I'm not an expert by any means on the 182 crash but I have read quite a few things about it. Several people who stay or stayed around the area it happened are even to this day seeing and hearing things. There was a bit about in in an online San Diego mag but the link seems to be dead now. It was sad reading and not for the faint hearted as they had people going into detail about what they saw. I do know the main morgue was at the high school and even for a plane crash, it was gory.

Back on the ghost subject, it's actually common for people to witness stuff near where crashes occured. One example was the American Airlines 181 crash in Chicago back in 1979. It had just taken off when it got into trouble and doubled back to the airport which was next to a trailer park and just missed it when crashing. For a good time afterwards, the people in the trailer park were having people knock on their doors and windows yet when they checked there was no one there and quite a few claimed they were stopped by people smelling of jet fuel. One was asked the time as the man said he was running late for a flight then walked away, the guy had a weird feeling and when he turned back, the other man had disappeared into thin air and that was when he realised it was a victim from the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I'm not an expert by any means on the 182 crash but I have read quite a few things about it. Several people who stay or stayed around the area it happened are even to this day seeing and hearing things. There was a bit about in in an online San Diego mag but the link seems to be dead now. It was sad reading and not for the faint hearted as they had people going into detail about what they saw. I do know the main morgue was at the high school and even for a plane crash, it was gory.

Back on the ghost subject, it's actually common for people to witness stuff near where crashes occured.
    I remember reading about this back in the day.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The crash is also featured on one of the Faces of death videos. Saw the shadow figure again last night my camera didn't pick it up will have to see about a night vision one or infrared, the one I used for my paranormal invetigating never got returned to me when a member, who is no longer with my team borrowed it. Yes Shellc they do I have talked to several people and they experience things never did until after the crash.

My husbands brother was at our house this weekend (all of my husbands family lives about 5 hours away), and he brought his 4 year old with him. The little boy was looking in the curio cabinet in our living room that contains memorials to my dad and my husbands dad. He saw a picture of me and my dad and he pointed at it and said to me “that’s you!” Then he asked who was with me, and I answered “that’s my Daddy” and he said “oh, he was in the kitchen!”
    😳

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    My husbands brother was at our house this weekend (all of my husbands family lives about 5 hours away), and he brought his 4 year old with him. The little boy was looking in the curio cabinet in our living room that contains memorials to my dad and my husbands dad. He saw a picture of me and my dad and he pointed at it and said to me “that’s you!” Then he asked who was with me, and I answered “that’s my Daddy” and he said “oh, he was in the kitchen!”
    This made me think of what happened in my family. After Grandpa died, Granny gave his big red toolbox to the youngest grandson, who was almost 16 at the time. Play it forward to 2002, the grandson became a father. No one ever mentioned Grandpa to the little boy. When he was three, he took notice of the toolbox and said, pointing, "That's Papa's toolbox." His parents were astounded. When asked how he knew the box was Papa's, the little boy said, "Papa told me."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Virtual Tour of the Winchester Mystery House https://winchestermysteryhouse.com/video-tour/

Virtual Tour of the Winchester Mystery House https://winchestermysteryhouse.com/video-tour/
    Fascinating, thanks!

You're welcome Jim, it was amazing watching the video and seeing the house when this mess is over and they reopen and we can travel I want to see it in person.

To be honest, right now being so bored and laid
    off from work would kind of enjoy seeing a ghost.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    To be honest, right now being so bored and laid
    off from work would kind of enjoy seeing a ghost.
    Anybody in particular ? I wouldn't mind if Monroe dropped in for a chat, I have a lot of questions ! Lol
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Anybody in particular ? I wouldn't mind if Monroe dropped in for a chat, I have a lot of questions ! Lol
    I was gonna say Trump, but he lacks the necessary prerequisite.
    There again, lack of qualification would be no big departure from his current situation.

I was gonna say Trump, but he lacks the necessary prerequisite.
    There again, lack of qualification would be no big departure from his current situation.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post

Back on the ghost subject, it's actually common for people to witness stuff near where crashes occured. One example was the American Airlines 181 crash in Chicago back in 1979. It had just taken off when it got into trouble and doubled back to the airport which was next to a trailer park and just missed it when crashing. For a good time afterwards, the people in the trailer park were having people knock on their doors and windows yet when they checked there was no one there and quite a few claimed they were stopped by people smelling of jet fuel. One was asked the time as the man said he was running late for a flight then walked away, the guy had a weird feeling and when he turned back, the other man had disappeared into thin air and that was when he realised it was a victim from the crash.
    This sounds crazy, all the best to you.

Last night I was in the living room and I heard the dog in the kitchen. I turned to look at what the hell he was doing and saw him doing his ‘begging for treats’ routine to the empty chair I usually sit in at dinner time.
    He sits. Then he thinks “maybe they didn’t see how good I sat” and gets up and sits again. Then he was offering his paw to “shake” or “high five” or “knuckles”.
    I was in the living room, hubby was in the shower. Doggy was begging somebody i couldn’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Last night I was in the living room and I heard the dog in the kitchen. I turned to look at what the hell he was doing and saw him doing his ‘begging for treats’ routine to the empty chair I usually sit in at dinner time.
    He sits. Then he thinks “maybe they didn’t see how good I sat” and gets up and sits again. Then he was offering his paw to “shake” or “high five” or “knuckles”.
    I was in the living room, hubby was in the shower. Doggy was begging somebody i couldn’t see!
    Wow. Just wow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Maybe he was just practicing, you know; planning ahead.

Wow sassy sounds like something was there

I have been seeing things out of he corner of my eye for a couple of weeks now. Cannot say what, just enough to make me whip my head around. Not like me , not at all.. It's happening two or three times a day. I 'm not spooked just curious. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I have been seeing things out of he corner of my eye for a couple of weeks now. Cannot say what, just enough to make me whip my head around. Not like me , not at all.. It's happening two or three times a day. I 'm not spooked just curious. Any ideas?
    Illegal aliens from outer space with faulty invisibility cloaks?

I mean, is there some kind of consistency like size or shape?
    Time of day, do they always move from a particular direction to another?
    Dark shape, light shape?

That's really intriguing.

Illegal aliens from outer space with faulty invisibility cloaks?

I mean, is there some kind of consistency like size or shape?
    Time of day, do they always move from a particular direction to another?
    Dark shape, light shape?
    Daytime. At night I'm asleep. I see movement, shade and close proximity. I hate to sound creepy, but it's like (sorta) a spider on a web dangling by your head. Just the corner of my eye. I've lived her 13 years and NOTHING ever before.
    That's really intriguing.
    I did that wrong. Anyway, see above answer, because I'd love any input to this weirdness.
    Last edited by lulubaines; 05-30-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Being a paranormal investigator and what you are describing Lulu, it could be a spirit, most times you don't see them straight ahead but from corner of your eye.

Being a paranormal investigator and what you are describing Lulu, it could be a spirit, most times you don't see them straight ahead but from corner of your eye.
    I'd love to encourage this How? I'm not creepy just curious.

To offer something from another perspective, there are some known physical conditions that can cause you to see "dark spots" or shadows.
    A couple can be serious, but one of the more common ones is known casually as "floaters".
    Floaters can be dark shapes or spots, they can also be bright little spots that look like tiny little fireflies - sometimes hundreds of them just buzzing around in your field of vision.
    I used to get those a lot in my 30's & 40's especially if standing up or turning quickly, and sometimes when lifting weights. They last for a few seconds and it can be a bit disconcerting the first few times it happens. Floaters are caused when as we age, the fluid in the eyes becomes less viscous and microscopic "chains" or fibers clump together and "float" into your field of vision. In some cases, they appear as dark or shadowy shapes that you see from the corners of your eyes; and when you turn to look directly at them, they seemingly, quickly dart away.

Here's a resource about floaters:
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20372346

And here's something you may want to check out just to be sure you don't have anything serious going on:
    https://www.aao.org/eye-health/symptoms/dark-curtain

And here's one about Shadow People, which is a lot more fun and interesting to read about:
    https://itsblossom.com/dark-figures-...eye-scary-why/

And that has to be true, the writer even mentions that some of these reports are just too detailed to be false, and we all know that an abundance of details (no matter how improbable) almost always equate to truth.

And because it's fun and interesting, here's more on Shadow People:
    https://www.bustle.com/p/what-are-sh...movie-12219528

To offer something from another perspective, there are some known physical conditions that can cause you to see "dark spots" or shadows.
    A couple can be serious, but one of the more common ones is known casually as "floaters".
    Floaters can be dark shapes or spots, they can also be bright little spots that look like tiny little fireflies - sometimes hundreds of them just buzzing around in your field of vision.
    I used to get those a lot in my 30's & 40's especially if standing up or turning quickly, and sometimes when lifting weights. They last for a few seconds and it can be a bit disconcerting the first few times it happens. Floaters are caused when as we age, the fluid in the eyes becomes less viscous and microscopic "chains" or fibers clump together and "float" into your field of vision. In some cases, they appear as dark or shadowy shapes that you see from the corners of your eyes; and when you turn to look directly at them, they seemingly, quickly dart away.

Here's a resource about floaters:
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20372346

And here's something you may want to check out just to be sure you don't have anything serious going on:
    https://www.aao.org/eye-health/symptoms/dark-curtain

And here's one about Shadow People, which is a lot more fun and interesting to read about:
    https://itsblossom.com/dark-figures-...eye-scary-why/

And that has to be true, the writer even mentions that some of these reports are just too detailed to be false, and we all know that an abundance of details (no matter how improbable) almost always equate to truth.

And because it's fun and interesting, here's more on Shadow People:
    https://www.bustle.com/p/what-are-sh...movie-12219528

Thanks for the links!

I've had six, yes six, necessary eye surgeries over the past eight years, and I saw floaters all the time until the very last surgery was performed three years ago. I've got 20/20 vision now and no longer have them. Mine were caused by bits of corneal and retinal scar tissue floating around in the vitreous fluid of the eyes until it was replaced with a gas and my eyes regenerated new vitreous fluid. Good times. Anyhoo, they do cause the shadows and dark spots described.

White floaters are caused by (very common but not painful) ocular migraines. I used to have those too. Those look like a white crescent (most common) or other shape that quickly floats past the field of vision. My eye surgeon told me about them and that he has them too occasionally when I asked him, "What the hell is that?" and he explained. He told me that when he performs surgeries during his annual Doctors Without Borders trip, he often has to explain them to patients who tell him they are being haunted, and the "white ghost" is moving beside him.

This is not to say that all hauntings or spirit sightings are bunk, but some are really just eye problems that can be corrected depending on the cause.

I was sitting here right after we moved in in 2017 and saw a man walk from the bathroom into the living room. And I don't mean out of the corner of my eye. And ever since something--not a shadow or floater, nothing I actually see--causes me to whip my head around toward the door. It never fails to scare the shit out of me. I'm not saying it's the ghost, but it's not my eyes. Maybe I'm just scaring myself. Who knows.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    maybe, Dorothy Stratten.

So this I guy I work with told me a story today about something he and his son experienced on the same night.

The backstory is that this guy's mother passed away several months ago.
    She had lived with my co-worker for the last few years of her life.

The son is fresh out of the Marine Corps, he and his wife just had their first child a few days ago, they're in Dallas.
    The kids texted or emailed a picture of the baby to my friend, he was looking at it while sitting on his couch that night and spoke out loud to his dead mom saying, "I sure wish you could see this pretty baby".

That night something woke him up and he said he heard the lock on his gun cabinet click.
    He said that it makes a very distinctive clicking sound when it's unlocked - it's an antique lock that uses an old skeleton-type key. His mother had given it to him when he built the gun cabinet.

He got up and checked it out, said the key was in the lock, which is unusual; and that the door was unlocked; which is almost unheard of.
    But he figured he must have left it that way and he went back to bed.

The next morning, the son called him and said that he had just held the baby for the first time.
    That the nurse brought her into the room early that morning while he was asleep in a chair.

He said when they woke him up, that he swears he saw his grandma standing across the room looking at them.
    He turned to his wife, then looked back; and she was gone.

He said that startled him but he didn't say anything to anybody about it because he knew it would sound crazy.
    But that's not quite the end - he said he later left the hospital and went to pick up some food and while driving; looked in the rear view mirror and saw Grandma sitting in the back seat.

He said it shook him up so badly that he had to pull over and get out.

He told his dad that he really believes he saw her, that the first time he thought maybe he was dreaming or just imagining it, but the second time he was wide awake and driving.

My friend says that he believes the kid, and he thinks the deal with the lock was her letting him know that she did see the baby.

Dang.
    I'm pretty content not seeing too many things I can't explain or understand.
    Very true. I so agree.

Sissy's 17-year-old cat, Bella, died a few weeks ago. Her SIL buried her in the back yard that evening. Except for the grief, that was it.

Except it wasn't.

Sissy saw her in the Living room, and I felt something curl at the foot of my bed. My bed is high, and the cat was too weak or not interesting in sleeping with me. Also, a few weeks later, I caught several glimpses of something tearing around the front room. Bella was a cream and tan calico. The thing I saw was like a dark shadow. Sissy says that's what she saw and knows it is Bella.

Soooo, play it to this past Monday afternoon, January 16--I don't know if this was Bella acting out or something, but... I was eating at the end of the table when movement caught my eye and the garbage can lid opened. Now, it opens on sensors at the top of the cover. It's never done that before. Bella's food and water dishes used to be along the same wall. Sissy doesn't believe she set it off--she never did in life that we know. But, still...
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We have a ghost at work. We had had several experiences (footsteps, phantom smells, among other things). One day after a pretty crazy experience I decided to bring in my spirit box. I damn near had a conversation with him. My spirit box had never been so active in a single session. He told me his name was Steve. We talk to him and treat him like one of our coworkers. Since then people have brought in other pieces of paranormal equipment (evp recorders, emf detectors, even one of those things that has the data base of phonetic sounds that spirits can use to make words) and Steve is very communicative.
    The lady who owned the building/business with her husband since the 60’s (her daughters took over until the co-op bought it) still works with us on occasion (just to get out of the house and stay active. She is in her 80s!) said she doesn’t remember anybody named Steve working there, but the building has been used for various purposes since the 1800s.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Wow sassy that is great, also get those light up cat balls and sit them around, be sure not to stomp around them as heavy footsteps will set them off, but for some reason spirits love to mess with those cat balls and make the lights go off. Used them a few times in my own investigations, yes I am a paranormal investigator.

I asked him if there were others like him here and he clearly said “no one else”. I asked him what he did here (as in which era or what the building was being used for when he was alive) and he said “I see ____” and called out the name of one of our part time guys that works every other weekend. I asked once who was responsible for one of the biggest experiences we’ve had here and the spirit box very clearly and proudly said “me!”
    way cool.

wow are you recording all that is going on ?

I recorded a SB7 session. I recorded a session with the phonetic word generator thing. I have a video of a Shepard hook hanging on a pole that was moving one day. It was just me and our full time cashier closing up one day all alone in the store and out of no where we heard clanging. Upon investigation we discovered this shepherd hook moving. I have audio recordings where I tried to get the footsteps upstairs. They are really really hard to hear though.

omg I would love to see what you recorded and hear it

My dad passed 6.5 years ago. He had mesothelioma, and we did have an asbestos lawyer and were getting asbestos settlements. However, we hadn’t heard from them in quite some time and hadn’t received and checks for quite some time (I’m talking years). I also don’t really see or speak to my brother anymore. I saw/spoke to him twice in the last like 3 years.
    I lost my job completely unexpectedly on Monday and “coincidentally” my estranged brother texted me Tuesday to tell me that he heard from the lawyers and we should be expecting another settlement check soon! I choose to believe that Pa had something to do with it, his way of helping out and telling me it’ll all be ok.

P.S. regarding the above post, If you go to MobyPicture and search for sassymonkey719 i have a bunch of old sb7 recording on there from many moon ago. I can’t figure out how to upload more so I can put the ‘Steve’ stuff on there though.
    Also, while i still love the people i worked with at that store and I don’t want to see them suffer, part of me hopes that Steve gets mad because the person that always talked to him and gave him the opportunity to have a voice is gone.