Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4047484950 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 2477

Thread: President Donald Trump

  1. #2401
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Trump is to stupid what Einstein was to smart - he sets a standard.
    Most of his followers will explain it away as he was joking, or he really meant __________, and many will just claim that he never said what he said, especially if he's on video saying it. And whenever we turn the corner on this crisis, he will be there claiming that it's all his doing, and his fans will be right there with him. Like I said earlier, if we had him on video strangling puppies to death and eating their still-beating hearts, his followers would turn him into a dog lover protecting dogs from over population. I used to think that eventually, he would do something so outlandish that his followers would say he's lost his mind, and I could enjoy pointing out that the behavior was nothing new, he'd been that way all along; including when they voted for him. But that won't happen. Not because he doesn't behave sufficiently crazy, but because his followers will normalize and justify anything he does.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  2. #2402
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    Not because he doesn't behave sufficiently crazy, but because his followers will normalize and justify anything he does.
    Which is even crazier... and just plain scary.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  3. #2403
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Which is even crazier... and just plain scary.
    Indeed.
    As I've said, Trump isn't the real problem; he is just a symptom.

    So yeah, now he's getting mad that people are making a big deal about that whole injecting bleach\disinfectant to clean from the inside out idea.
    Says he was just being sarcastic.
    Even said, "I'm not a doctor".
    No shit - you're not a real President or a decent human being either.

    He must seriously be experiencing severe cognitive decline.
    You can't be above the age of five or so and not know that injecting or otherwise consuming caustic cleaning agents could have negative consequences.

    I am looking forward to October\November though so that when people tell me they're voting for him again I can ask if it's because he's a billionaire or because he's a savant.
    I'm going to start referring to him as Our American da Vinci.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  4. #2404
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,413
    Donald Trump needs to be Imbleached.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  5. #2405
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,475
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Donald Trump needs to be Imbleached.

  6. #2406
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    It would be a good idea if he was classed as a non-essential worker and asked to stay home.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  7. #2407
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    It would be a good idea if he was classed as a non-essential worker and asked to stay home.
    That's too benign.
    He's the leader of a hate group who attempts to incite lawlessness as well as encouraging people to commit acts of self-harm.
    He, his followers and his buddies at Fox "News" are exactly the kind of people who shout "FIRE!" in a crowded theater - mainly to see if they can get some better seats opened up for themselves and friends (who'll come in through the fire exit without paying after the fleeing crowds thin out), and they're the ones who see a guy standing on a 6th floor window ledge and start chanting "Jump".

    It's the only time in American history that the President of the United States has posed a clear and present danger to the United States and promoted anti-government sentiments toward the government he is supposed to lead; among anybody who'll listen to him.

    I just can't think of a better phrase to describe him and most anybody who follows and supports him than saying they are, "a basket of deplorables".
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  8. #2408
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    Absolutely a danger to the United States. Hopefully come November people will see this, at least I hope they do.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  9. #2409
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Absolutely a danger to the United States. Hopefully come November people will see this, at least I hope they do.
    It will provide interesting insight into the present ethical character of Americans.
    I'm hopeful that decent people who voted for him in 2016 will have realized they were duped and reject him, leaving only the (hopefully vastly outnumbered) intellectual and moral misfits to support him a second time.

    Any result other than him being massively defeated will suggest to me that this society is done and will be re-engineered by one mechanism or another in the next few years.
    A public - the majority of which - assigns equal weight to crazy opinions as to matters supported by evidence cannot govern themselves. You can't bullshit your way to the moon and back on the strength of sensational "news" headlines and the gullibility of listeners who like what they hear. If you fly to the moon and back then you've got the goods and you've proven it; but rejecting science and evidence, you can maintain that vaccines are bad or that Hillary is part of a group that sexually abuses and then cannibalizes children in the basement of a pizza parlor. If we've lost our capacity for telling truth from fiction and for accepting that some facts disagree with our desires and must be acknowledged and dealt with (environment, etc.), then we are lost as a society.

    At any rate, when the many people I work with (and people in MS in general) who still think he's the greatest President in American history mention their support for him, I'm going to suggest that they go inject a little Lysol, get a little sun, and think about it for a while. I'll also mention that if the Kool-Aid is too sweet, a little Clorox can take that edge off - and kill Coronavirus too - from the inside out.
    Last edited by JimC; 04-26-2020 at 07:18 AM.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  10. #2410
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Absolutely a danger to the United States. Hopefully come November people will see this, at least I hope they do.
    Very true, thank You for saying the truth.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  11. #2411
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,662
    Nothing new he is still a tweeting deranged imbecile.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  12. #2412
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    I don't think he's smart enough (technically) to be considered an imbecile.
    He's a tweeting, deranged idiot.

    This Tuesday (5-12-20), the SCOTUS is scheduled to pick up the matter of Trump and his taxes, as well as the limits of Presidential immunity.
    Lower courts have already ruled that he must release his tax info, but he has fought that to the highest level. I've read (but don't know) that the law in the matter is clear cut - he must release the taxes. If the SCOTUS fails to uphold the lowers courts, I believe that will be really big trouble for American democracy and the rule of law. Besides the taxes, Trump and his attorneys claim that as long as he holds office, he is immune from prosecution even if he commits murder in broad daylight in front of witnesses. His appointee Kavanaugh, has made statements that seem to indicate his agreement with that claim.

    It will be interesting to say the least.

    I believe if the SCOTUS upholds the lower courts, and if the info becomes public; we may see that Trump is owned by the Russians and the Saudis, and that he is not the successful business man he's reputed to be, something many of his followers cited as a reason for supporting him.

    I think come Tuesday, either Trump will begin to unravel, or the USA will.

    His supporters of course will blindly worship anyway.

    But here's something interesting from my local area:
    There's a house I drive by regularly, several times per week for the last few years.
    It's a nice neat small place, the owner has that vinyl siding that makes it look like a log house, but it's the cheaper stuff, it's obviously fake; looks like a DIY kit or something - plastic Lincoln logs.
    They have a nice little flower bed in the front yard, complete with a couple of life-sized plastic deer and a raccoon, I don't know why.
    They have three flag poles in front of the house.
    For the last three years, it's been like this:
    The middle pole is the tallest, it flies the US flag.
    The poles to either side are just a little shorter, the one on the left flies a Confederate flag, the one on the right flies a Trump 2020 flag.
    A few weeks ago, the Trump flag disappeared and a State of Mississippi flag went up instead.
    That suggests to me that something is happening among the hard core fans.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  13. #2413
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    I would prefer to see Trump unravel ,not the US. It will be interesting to see what happens on Tuesday. Good luck my friends.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  14. #2414
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I would prefer to see Trump unravel ,not the US. It will be interesting to see what happens on Tuesday. Good luck my friends.
    Yeah, thanks.
    They could basically find that it's a political matter rather than a legal matter and refuse to wade in.

    Doing that I think, would probably mean that the rulings of the lower courts must stand, that would mean in effect that Trump loses.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  15. #2415
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    Well, here's to Trump losing.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  16. #2416
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,583
    I can't wait until all of the political ads and commercials, etc. are over. The primary and local elections are vote by mail and held here in Oregon on May 18th. We'll get a one-day reprieve from them that day. Yay! I'd rather occasionally check the results than be bombarded by the ads because even our local election ads are particularly vicious this year.

    I think it would be great for political hopefuls and incumbents to run ads stating their accomplishments instead of going for opponents' jugulars. I know. Monkeys will fly out of my ass before that becomes common practice. If at least one politician was clever enough to write and share a political essay on par with Swift's A Modest Proposal, I'd consider doing so a step in the right direction.
    .

    Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

  17. #2417
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I can't wait until all of the political ads and commercials, etc. are over. The primary and local elections are vote by mail and held here in Oregon on May 18th. We'll get a one-day reprieve from them that day. Yay! I'd rather occasionally check the results than be bombarded by the ads because even our local election ads are particularly vicious this year.

    I think it would be great for political hopefuls and incumbents to run ads stating their accomplishments instead of going for opponents' jugulars. I know. Monkeys will fly out of my ass before that becomes common practice. If at least one politician was clever enough to write and share a political essay on par with Swift's A Modest Proposal, I'd consider doing so a step in the right direction.
    You've still got that flying ass-monkey problem?
    Damn, those little buggers are tenacious.

    I'm producing a good bit of political mail now for various candidates in various states.
    I'm a little surprised that most of the Republican candidates are still telling people they should be elected on the strength of their being baby Trumps.
    One guy even says that people should reject his opponent and vote for him because he shares "Trump's values", as if that could be anything other than comical or deplorable, depending upon your point of view.
    I'm just curious (and anxious) to see how fast and by what mechanisms they will repudiate President Palpatine if his taxes and what not are released and show that he's owned by the Russians and the Saudis, and that he's been cooking books and cheating on his taxes for years - besides paying hush money to porn stars and people he's assaulted over the years, and that's besides running scam universities and defrauding nonprofits.
    I mean, I'm sure they'll say, "But how were we to know!?", well; you could have gotten your heads out of your asses long enough that those flying butt monkeys might escape and screech at clue at you.
    The Republicans have opted to support this guy blindly and completely at every level - national, state and local - they haven't just hitched their wagon to him, he has become the wagon, the wheels and the mules that pull it.
    I'm really curious to see how they're going to try to disassociate themselves from that once the documented and undeniable full measure of his deplorable acts and base, self-serving character are on full display.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  18. #2418
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    I have to laugh ... what in God's name is wrong with these people ?
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  19. #2419
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I have to laugh ... what in God's name is wrong with these people ?
    They are cultist.

  20. #2420
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    I'm tempted to ask one of these clients when they started using humor and irony.
    We're doing one now that highlights all the reasons why you shouldn't vote for the other guy - including that, HE DOESN'T SHARE TRUMP'S VALUES AND HE DOES NOT SPEAK THE TRUTH.

    Wait a sec - you said he doesn't share Trump's values, then you said he does.

    I've noticed something - it's just a feeling or a suspicion, but I'm feeling like as individuals, most Republicans and conservatives who support Trump have admitted to themselves that he's a lying POS con man, but he's their guy, they're committed and they're stuck. As individuals, they know how reprehensible he is. But collectively, as a group connected by an ideology; it's like a dirty little family secret about your perv Uncle Donnie - as long as nobody talks about it out loud, it's like it's not true. Everybody in the family knows, but as long as nobody mentions it, it can just be ignored and everybody acts like everything is perfectly normal. He's that relative who you gladly said could spend a few nights, and now they won't fucking leave and you've got to figure out how to get rid of him without causing a big rift in the family.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  21. #2421
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,583
    In my family, we'd talk about it to his face and kick his ass straight to prison where he'd belong.
    .

    Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

  22. #2422
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    In my family, we'd talk about it to his face and kick his ass straight to prison where he'd belong.
    Libertarians?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  23. #2423
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    I find it amusing that Trump is in the EVERYTHING ELSE thread. Not important enough to even be considered a person, or a human being. I love that !
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  24. #2424
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    I think he might be approaching a straight-jacket worthy melt down before November.
    But maybe he just sounds crazier than normal since they seem to have muzzled Rudy here lately.
    He seems fixated on the "crimes of Obama" the last few days, I suspect he's got crimes on the mind because he might know that the SCOTUS is going to rule against him on all counts, and he's going to be toast.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  25. #2425
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    First Obamagate, now he's babbling something Operation Warp Speed and going on about truckers honking their love for him (apparently they were not). He's all over the place in his rambling. Just nuts to watch.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  26. #2426
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    And windmills
    Wind energy is filthy, windmills kill all the birds.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  27. #2427
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,662
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  28. #2428
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    It's hilarious and so true ! LOL. I don't like the fact you can't comment on it. Reading those would be just as entertaining.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  29. #2429
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    It's hilarious and so true ! LOL. I don't like the fact you can't comment on it. Reading those would be just as entertaining.
    Many of them would pretty much mirror the dialog in the video, intellectually.

    In other news from the parallel but opposite dimension inhabited by 47% of the American electorate and the President of the United States, PINO Trump has disclosed that for some time now, he has been (I guess) self-medicating with the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine. That's the drug he's been touting as a cure or a miracle treatment for COVID-19 since the earliest days of this crisis. Several recent studies have shown that it has no beneficial effect on the infection. His disclosure has resulted in warnings to 47% of the American electorate and other people everywhere with bad judgement not to try this at home as it can be fatal.

    Trump is taking the drug to gain imaginary immunity over a real virus, I have to think he would have achieved better results if he had started his therapy back when it was still an imaginary virus. He also seems to believe that if he does get COVID-19, the drug will lessen the symptoms, severity and course of the disease.

    I think he is being prudent, but I hate to see him doing this half-assed.
    That drug is just one tool in the toolbox, he needs to reach back in for the Lysol and the Clorox and do this right.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  30. #2430
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,475
    That drug is supposed to be a big naw to the naw for morbidly obese people.

  31. #2431
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,231
    It looks like the hacker group REvil have managed to get into a huge entertainment law firm which count GaGa, Mariah Carey and Madonna among others as clients. They said they have managed to get their hands on lots of secret documents and posted a few things to prove they were on the up and up. They have over 767G of stuff including contracts and NDAs and want $42m warning they have backed up everything and the longer they have to wait, the more stuff is released. Up until now, the law firm is refusing to play ball saying they 'don't negotiate with terrorists'.

    What is interesting is although he has never been a client of the law firm Grubman Shire Meiselas & Sacks, they said they had a lot of info on Trump.

    'The ransom is now $42,000,000 … The next person we’ll be publishing is Donald Trump. There’s an election going on, and we found a ton of dirty laundry on time. Mr Trump, if you want to stay president, poke a sharp stick at the guys, otherwise you may forget this ambition forever. And to you voters, we can let you know that after such a publication, you certainly don’t want to see him as president … The deadline is one week.'
    What is in there is anyone's guess but on Monday, they posted that someone had got in touch and bought everything they have on him.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...42million.html

  32. #2432
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Well, here's to Trump losing.
    I will have a drink to that.(on November 3rd)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  33. #2433
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,583
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Libertarians?
    Commonsensicans.
    .

    Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

  34. #2434
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,185
    Latest on Lord Dampnut is NOW he's trying to speak to the manager of social media. He's trying to block Facebook and Twitter from fact-checking him. Ain't nobody got time for his bullshit. November can't come soon enough for us to vote his ass OUT.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  35. #2435
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Latest on Lord Dampnut is NOW he's trying to speak to the manager of social media. He's trying to block Facebook and Twitter from fact-checking him. Ain't nobody got time for his bullshit. November can't come soon enough for us to vote his ass OUT.
    Well yeah.
    Doesn't hurt to ask them not to fact check or label your stuff as Bullshit and also put links on it to actual factual info.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  36. #2436
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,131
    I said to my wife this morning, I wonder what things would be like today if Trump had offered those who were peacefully kneeling in protest an opportunity to come to the White House and air their grievances as opposed to saying they should be fired?

    A lot of people followed his lead.

    The more I think about it, I think this will be his biggest failure. (though sadly he still has time to top it)

  37. #2437
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,413
    (once again) Trump has zero empathy in him.
    He only cares about himself and maybe Ivanka.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  38. #2438
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,583
    The manager of social media? There's no such person. However, if there is one lurking in a black ops bunker somewhere, Trump has a long wait ahead of him. Obviously, he doesn't realize that the line started back in 1987 when one IBM employee called another an asshole on a message board, and that guy is just now getting an audience.

    One thing I thought odd about our local primary ballots was the name of a Republican challenger to Rump listed in our state and county's election results. I've not heard one peep about a challenger, but there it was. A write-in? Misprint? Someone who left the contest to get in the black ops Internet grievance line? Weirdness.
    .

    Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

  39. #2439
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Conservative columnist George Will, who quit the Republican Party in 2016 (I don't know why), has this to say about Trump; among other things:

    "voters must do more than reject President Donald Trump in November. They need to vote against his Republican “enablers” too ― especially in the Senate."

    “The measures necessary for restoration of national equilibrium are many and will be protracted far beyond his removal,” Will wrote.
    But one measure should be the removal of Trump’s supporters in Congress who “still gambol around his ankles with a canine hunger for petting.” And for those who think Trump might have reached rock bottom, Will warned that there was no such thing with this president.
    “So, assume that the worst is yet to come,” Will wrote.

    This is the article, it's worth the read, IMO:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...bbd_story.html

    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  40. #2440
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Conservative columnist George Will, who quit the Republican Party in 2016 (I don't know why), has this to say about Trump; among other things:

    "voters must do more than reject President Donald Trump in November. They need to vote against his Republican “enablers” too ― especially in the Senate."

    “The measures necessary for restoration of national equilibrium are many and will be protracted far beyond his removal,” Will wrote.
    But one measure should be the removal of Trump’s supporters in Congress who “still gambol around his ankles with a canine hunger for petting.” And for those who think Trump might have reached rock bottom, Will warned that there was no such thing with this president.
    “So, assume that the worst is yet to come,” Will wrote.

    This is the article, it's worth the read, IMO:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...bbd_story.html

    Will has never liked Trump. I guess this is an example of someone saying the right things for the wrong reasons. Will didn't like him because he wasn't a part of the "establishment". I have no desire to see the "establishment" back in there either. People say we need to go back to "normal". No we do not. Normal is not working either.

  41. #2441
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,475
    I want another Obama or a Kennedy. Heck, I'd take a George W or Ronald Reagan.

  42. #2442
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,583
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Conservative columnist George Will, who quit the Republican Party in 2016 (I don't know why), has this to say about Trump; among other things:

    "voters must do more than reject President Donald Trump in November. They need to vote against his Republican “enablers” too ― especially in the Senate."

    “The measures necessary for restoration of national equilibrium are many and will be protracted far beyond his removal,” Will wrote.
    But one measure should be the removal of Trump’s supporters in Congress who “still gambol around his ankles with a canine hunger for petting.” And for those who think Trump might have reached rock bottom, Will warned that there was no such thing with this president.
    “So, assume that the worst is yet to come,” Will wrote.

    This is the article, it's worth the read, IMO:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...bbd_story.html

    I rejected them at all levels in our May primary vote because what Will said is obvious to me. I like his description of Rump's supporters in office too, lol. We had three of them here run for Senate seats. The worst was "The gun totin' Trump-backer who'll send 'em packin'." Jimmy Dumbfucker, aka Jimmy Crumbpacker. No shit. My guess is he's such an asshole because of the teasing he got about his name growing up. Who didn't have to deal with that or something similar growing up. People didn't like him, even in this red state, because he only moved here shortly before the election and registered his Portland business elsewhere to avoid paying our state's taxes. He and the others like him lost. Yay!
    Last edited by SomeChick; 06-02-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    .

    Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

  43. #2443
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I want another Obama or a Kennedy. Heck, I'd take a George W or Ronald Reagan.
    How about Jimmy Carter a very good
    christian president.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 06-02-2020 at 04:12 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  44. #2444
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    I really disliked Obama and Clinton (Bill) until there was Trump.
    When Obama was elected, I displayed an upside down US flag magnet on the back of my truck for a long time.
    I came to realize a few years ago that I had become kind of a "knee-jerk" conservative - I would do what I thought a good conservative should do without really thinking through the matter - dogma was encouraging intellectual laziness. I rediscovered the importance of revisiting long-held beliefs to see if I still considered them valid from the perspective of this age, this time and the experience of years. A lot of things have changed. I'm still conservative in a lot of ways, but current beliefs are arrived at more deliberately. I wish to God Obama or Bill would come out of retirement - somebody who could almost be assured of beating Trump and restoring some sort of dignity to the office. I really don't feel comfortable that he won't be re-elected, and he seriously needs to be not just beaten, but be soundly rejected by a solid majority.

    I'm doing a fair amount of political mail now for various races around the country, a lot of it is for Republicans. Even now, especially here in my state and around the south, but even extending into the Midwest, candidates are asking for votes while saying very little about their goals, plans or ideals - just touting their support for Trump.
    I keep thinking it will eventually become a liability and they'll start trying to figure out how to distance themselves; but I've been thinking that for years now and it just keeps coming.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  45. #2445
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,651
    Bill. Obama, even George Jr. would bring back dignity to the office, not to mention sanity. God help you if Trump imposes martial law.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  46. #2446
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,662
    I'll take anyone over Trump.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  47. #2447
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,475

  48. #2448
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,384
    I'd vote for a fresh and steamy pile of my dog's shit over Trump...

  49. #2449
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I'd vote for a fresh and steamy pile of my dog's shit over Trump...
    Only your dog?

    "He wears the armor of God", and, "he's doing a Jericho Walk"; are two evangelical comments to his photo op walk to St. John's after dispersing protesters with tear gas. He now says that tear gas was not used, I suppose the clouds of gas (maybe it was a naturally occurring mist) in some of the photos were Divine Interventions instead, sort of like visuals of the mechanical process by which God might part the sea to allow his chosen to cross.

    These are the kind of people who hear a rooster crow, then watch the sun rise, and then deduce that the rooster caused the sun to rise.

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...p-evangelicals
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  50. #2450
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,231
    I've just read about him doing a press conference. Seemingly he rambled about everything and nothing as usual with some news channels refusing to even screen it and some pulling away half way throw because it was a shambles. At one point he talked about a small fall in unemployment (after bragging on Twitter it was because of him it was happening) and actually said "Hopefully, George is looking down right.' adding "This is a great day for him, it's a great day for everybody. This is a great day for everybody.". Unsurprisingly, he is being called out for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •