Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17242526272835 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 2806

Thread: Former President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Are you jesting? He has a fucking Twitter account. There are more than "only two ways to know anything about Donald Trump". Not limited to referring to himself in the third person the fool has broken down the fourth wall and speaks directly to his audience sans filter to boot. Sorry to kick a hole through your looking glass.
    A very appropriate analogy, IMO.

On second thought, "accurate observation" is more on the mark.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    A wall can be circumnavigated. You can build that thing from Sea to Shining Sea and people will still wade or swim through the saltwater to get here. They'll go over it and they'll go under it and they'll go around it.
    A well-patrolled wall or fence would make sneaking into the country much more difficult, and that would reduce the number of border jumpers.

If fences and walls were ineffective at securing borders, countries wouldn't be using them as they do.

Are you jesting? He has a fucking Twitter account. There are more than "only two ways to know anything about Donald Trump". Not limited to referring to himself in the third person the fool has broken down the fourth wall and speaks directly to his audience sans filter to boot. Sorry to kick a hole through your looking glass.
    Well said. He is a cur.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    A well-patrolled wall or fence would make sneaking into the country much more difficult, and that would reduce the number of border jumpers.

If fences and walls were ineffective at securing borders, countries wouldn't be using them as they do.
    True to some extent - I don't know just to what extent. I got curious and searched for "countries with border walls". It turned up some interesting stuff, naturally there were "facts and numbers and studies" quoted that supported or not how effective a border wall is. One thing that most everything I read did seem to agree upon was that a wall is really only "highly" effective as one element of immigration control within a larger initiative. There also seemed to be agreement that having an effective "wall policy" on our southern border would require a broad plan supported and adhered to by Federal, State and (in some areas) Tribal authorities.

Another interesting item I stumbled upon is that illegal immigration from Mexico seems to be in significant decline with more Mexican illegals leaving the US to return to Mexico than illegals entering the States from Mexico, but that the numbers of illegals coming in from other areas is still on the rise.

Common sense dictates that a wall will deter or prevent some from coming in some of the time; but like a chain, it will only be as strong as it's weakest point. If some areas are not sufficiently patrolled - and I wonder what that patrol force might require in terms of people and resources - or if authorities or individual officers in some areas just don't care that much; then I have to think that the weak enforcement will become quickly known and exploited.

Here's a link to one interesting article that I read:
    http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/1...ng-to-the-u-s/

And another:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...mexico/483156/

An idea that might make more sense than a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border is to assist the Mexicans with controlling their own southern border, which would not only reduce the flow of illegal migrants, but curb the flow of contraband (such as weapons), as well.

Another technique the U.S. could use is the one in force in Canada: making it highly impractical to be an illegal immigrant, through requiring proof-of-status for the basics of everyday existence, such as jobs, bank accounts and rental accommodations. As an example, in Canada, employers are required to open an account with the Canada Revenue Agency for each employee into which the employee's withholdings will be deposited. The account is keyed by Social Insurance Number, which an illegal immigrant won't have, and the sanctions for failure to comply are severe.

An idea that might make more sense than a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border is to assist the Mexicans with controlling their own southern border, which would not only reduce the flow of illegal migrants, but curb the flow of contraband (such as weapons), as well.

Another technique the U.S. could use is the one in force in Canada: making it highly impractical to be an illegal immigrant, through requiring proof-of-status for the basics of everyday existence, such as jobs, bank accounts and rental accommodations. As an example, in Canada, employers are required to open an account with the Canada Revenue Agency for each employee into which the employee's withholdings will be deposited. The account is keyed by Social Insurance Number, which an illegal immigrant won't have, and the sanctions for failure to comply are severe.
    That would work. Except Mexico enjoys the money those illegal immigrants send to their families. Boosts the economy, you know. Another is the fact that Mexico's drug war is as big a farce as ours. It keeps their economy going. You take drugs out and they would go bankrupt. Ditto parts, if not most, places in the USA, particularly Miami. I've studied it and am married to a Mexican. You have utterly no idea what goes down in Mexico unless you sit down with a homeboy. When his oldest sister was 9 months pregnant her husband pushed her off a roof and got away clean. How? Money and drugs. Bribes, baby.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-31-2016 at 11:45 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    That would work. Except Mexico enjoys the money those illegal immigrants send to their families.
    Enjoy or not, effective control of U.S. borders is a U.S. prerogative. And it's the well-off who enjoy the income disparity that results from unfettered unskilled immigration, both legal and illegal.

With the GOP in control of both the legislative and executive branch, this is a good time to revisit the half-baked, poorly-thought out 1965 Hart-Celler Act and update it for the 21st century. A good start would be reinstating the old bracero program, which would allow migrant farm workers to live and work legally in the U.S. on temporary work permits.

Trump vs election hacking

I thought this was interesting.

The "Russian election hacking" stuff has been in the news lately. A couple of days ago I saw part of a report wherein Trump claimed that he "knew stuff" others don't know and that it might not have been the Russians after all.

I thought he was just spouting Trumpisms.

Some of you might recall that I operate a number of web sites and that I have some reasonably high end security software installed on them - this stuff isn't quite like the AV\Malware stuff we have on our PC's.

This morning I got an email from those guys. Using the information released by American authorities, they recognized that they had detected attempts (using some of the same code) to compromise sites running their software. They had also dissected those attempts and traced them back to their sources.

The gist of it is:

1) It is old code freely available to anyone
    2) The authors appear to be Ukrainian
    3) The attacks originated from over 60 countries
    4) The IP's belong to over 300 organizations, many of those organizations are known to host problematic IP's
    5) There is no clear attribution to Russia for these hacking attempts

Here's a link to the info and some FAQ's they published for their customers concerning all of this. They don't specifically say that it wasn't the Russians - they can't know that - but they do specifically say that there is no evidence to support their alleged involvement.

Yet, we have imposed sanctions...

https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2017/01/election-hack-faq/?utm_source=list&utm_campaign=010217&utm_medium=email

Here's the body of the email:

On Friday we published research into the FBI/DHS report that many are viewing as proof of a US 2016 election hack by Russia.
    Specifically we showed that a malware sample in the report is old, possibly of Ukrainian origin, an administrative tool for a hacker and is freely available.
    We also analyzed the IP addresses that FBI and DHS provided and showed that they are in over 60 countries and belong to over 300 organizations with no clear Russian link.
    Many of you have commented and have questions. Tonight we are publishing an FAQ that makes it clear what WordPress and Wordfence users need to know about the election hack data and our report.
    It also answers a range of other questions you have had and it provides links to other research and press coverage. We have included an easy to use table of contents.
    You can find the Election Hack Report FAQ on our blog....
    Regards,
    Mark Maunder
    Wordfence Founder & CEO

I guess we'll just have to see what happens. I know I am going to enter the new year with hope and optimism until I find a reason not to. I can't say I have felt that way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    I guess we'll just have to see what happens. I know I am going to enter the new year with hope and optimism until I find a reason not to. I can't say I have felt that way for a while.
    I feel that is a real good way of looking at it, Its always better to hope for a positive outcome...We all could learn from that kind of an attitude.

notjadedjusthonest Guest
    For someone who claims to be anti establishment he sure as hell hired establishment folks for his admin. Hilarious!

I wish him the best too for all our sake. But, man, some people need to realize that he is not going to work miracles. I read a conversation on fb this morning about how Hershey's candy bars aren't as good since they started making them in Mexico and somebody replied "Maybe Trump came bring them back to the US."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just makes me smh

14. 01-03-2017, 06:00 PM

great work! the libs just don't understand that they were the reason they keep losing.
    pull the string!

Me too - I'm all full of hope for change.

Or hope and change; whatever.

Still trying to figure out how or why to generate or justify a little optimism though; seems unwarranted to me.

hell0kitty, please combine these posts #1264 & #1265 ASAP.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Are you jesting? He has a fucking Twitter account.
    Sounds like he's wielding that Twitter account like a big stick. The republicans planned to dismantle an ethics independent watch dog until Trump Twittered his disapproval. They then abandoned the effort.

Sounds like he's wielding that Twitter account like a big stick. The republicans planned to dismantle an ethics independent watch dog until Trump Twittered his disapproval. They then abandoned the effort.
    That's either comforting and affirming or distressing and affirming; depending on your POV I guess.

IIRC, "they" made Pres. Obama give up his blackberry and postings, etc. Hopefully they will do the same with Trump and his twit account.

If they had harsher penalties for those who illegally hire undocumented workers, that might make a difference. I don´t understand why a desperate person looking for a way to support their family is so much more despicable than the rich person who hires them in order to pay slave wages and avoid paying taxes. If there are no jobs, not as many will come. There are some companies that factor in the fines when putting together budgets. It still comes out lower than hiring US citizens or those with legal permission to work.

A good number of people who enter illegally do not do so by sea or crossing the border on foot. If you go to the bus station in Tijuana and you sit for a while, you will likely be approached by a representative for "the chicken man" who will make arrangements to conceal you in a truck filled with produce or other product as it crosses the border.

At this point my prediction is that Trump will do a terrible job, make America the laughingstock of the world, and be reelected in a landslide.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    At this point my prediction is that Trump will do a terrible job, make America the laughingstock of the world, and be reelected in a landslide.
    Finally, he will have something in common with Obama.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    I can't argue with any of that!

Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    If they had harsher penalties for those who illegally hire undocumented workers, that might make a difference. I don´t understand why a desperate person looking for a way to support their family is so much more despicable than the rich person who hires them in order to pay slave wages and avoid paying taxes.
    The business owner who hires the illegal is at the center of the problem. I feel no ill will to the illegal immigrant as a person. They are doing what they need to do to survive. That said, there has to be a sensible and controlled immigration system. The businesses that take advantage of our current weak system undermine that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Funny, but 0 for 3 IMO. (I wouldn't even really call Obama's reelection a landslide.)
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

The business owner who hires the illegal is at the center of the problem. I feel no ill will to the illegal immigrant as a person. They are doing what they need to do to survive. That said, there has to be a sensible and controlled immigration system. The businesses that take advantage of our current weak system undermine that.
    ITA. My husband is a good example. His company hired illegals because they could get away with paying them less than half what they had to pay legals and citizens. He made $9.50 per hour compared to the $20 the others were earning.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

ITA. My husband is a good example. His company hired illegals because they could get away with paying them less than half what they had to pay legals and citizens. He made $9.50 per hour compared to the $20 the others were earning.
    That pisses me off, These folks are still human beings...IMO the US ppl have their noses out of joint about jobs they wouldn't want anyway..Build a wall...Sheesh..Now old Donald is saying via HIS OWN Twitter that his wall will be built and Mexico will pay it back later...Good luck with that Donald.
    I know, lets stop calling this country the "united states" of America because it certainly isn't that anymore. How many of you folks are the product of immigrants? JMO.

Last edited by hisandhearse; 01-06-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Well.. The whole story is something else... But anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    That pisses me off, These folks are still human beings...IMO the US ppl have their noses out of joint about jobs they wouldn't want anyway..Build a wall...Sheesh..Now old Donald is saying via HIS OWN Twitter that his wall will be built and Mexico will pay it back later...Good luck with that Donald.
    I know, lets stop calling this country the "united states" of America because it certainly isn't that anymore. How many of you folks are the product of immigrants? JMO.

Down on the coast after Katrina we had a huge influx of illegals - mostly from Mexico and Central America.
    They were doing the hard labor that a lot of Americans just wouldn't do - except for cash under the table so as not to screw up the money they were getting from the gov't.

I heard about some instances where contractors would hire them knowing that they were illegal, work them for a couple of weeks and then just refuse to pay them because they knew they could get away with it.

As for "the wall" - maybe Trump & Company could arrange to save some construction costs by contracting it to some Mexican firm. Or maybe just hire some cheap illegal labor to do it.

There again, I guess cost really doesn't need to concern us since the Mexicans will be paying for it.
    Build that thing out of gold and have perpetual holographic rainbows on our side visible from Mexico.

Might as well rub it in...

As for "the wall" - maybe Trump & Company could arrange to save some construction costs by contracting it to some Mexican firm. Or maybe just hire some cheap illegal labor to do it.

Wouldn't put it past him.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's the least of our worries.

I've always wondered how despots could become popular and propelled to power in largely educated, civilized societies.
    The whole Germany\Hitler phenomenon has puzzled and fascinated me for years - I just couldn't comprehend how that could happen.

I still don't get it - but now that I'm watching it happen first hand I realize just how numerous and complex the required dynamics are to make it possible.

A perfect storm indeed.

I've always wondered how despots could become popular and propelled to power in largely educated, civilized societies.
    The whole Germany\Hitler phenomenon has puzzled and fascinated me for years - I just couldn't comprehend how that could happen.
    The key factor in the rise of the Third Reich was that private armies were legal in Germany. The pop narratives that sprang up to defame Trump during the election conveniently omit this fact.

Trump isn't going to do anything for America, he doesn't have that much power, everyone saying he does did they forget that the house and senate do most of what takes place. I see Trump failing big time and I am putting on my death poll, either someone is going kill him or he is going to drop dead of a heartattack with all the anger and such he has.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Trump isn't going to do anything for America, he doesn't have that much power, everyone saying he does did they forget that the house and senate do most of what takes place. I see Trump failing big time and I am putting on my death poll, either someone is going kill him or he is going to drop dead of a heartattack with all the anger and such he has.
    Hey PK, I agree with you 100% - I'd LOVE to have the faith and. optimism Paulination here is experiencing...But am finding it hard to do so...So many politicians have let us all down on both sides..But this one seems to think he can write his own rules..and that "could" be dangerous...He has ALL the answers..I would not put my faith in someone who thinks he can do it all on his own!
    I mean, First he was building a wall...a bit outlandish- He was adamant about making Mexico pay for that wall....But alas, Now the USA taxpayers will be paying for his crazy wall with a door and SUPPOSEDLY Mexico will pay "later"-
    Not going to happen.
    He is against Mexicans, but is friendly with Russians? WTH?
    My question is why have so many ppl put their faith in this hot tempered twittering narcissistic person?
    Didn't the voters think this wall drama was a bit hinky to start with? I really don't want to get into this-
    I just find it spooky that so many Trump supporters bought his oddball promises..But whatever.
    All I can say is..IMO, I think you are right.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 01-07-2017 at 06:20 PM.

The key factor in the rise of the Third Reich was that private armies were legal in Germany. The pop narratives that sprang up to defame Trump during the election conveniently omit this fact.
    I don't see how the private armies might factor into public acceptance or the popularity of the message.
    I would think that to be the first and primary key to their rise.
    Maybe I haven't thought it through.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I see Trump failing big time and I am putting on my death poll, either someone is going kill him or he is going to drop dead of a heartattack with all the anger and such he has.
    I don't think the anger is real; it's just for show.
    It's part of the message that he thinks people want to hear so he gives it to them; and he seems to be right.
    I suspect that stress, worry or conscience will never impact him physically or emotionally.

I also suspect that he'll feel some degree of pleasure and satisfaction once he starts disillusioning his supporters; like with this "wall situation".
    I don't know if "gun control"\Second Amendment support will be next; but I believe that it's coming.

Again, my main fear is the republican majority in the House/Senate. I fear them more than trump, as they are the ones who can do real damage. trump is all mouth and very little substance IMO. I don't think there will be any assassination or anything -- I remember all too well how many friends and people in general were convinced Pres Obama would not survive his first year. I think if he is brought down at all, it will be through legislative/legal means. More than likely, however, he'll serve out is 4 years and we can all hope to God he doesn't get elected for another term.

I wish him the best too for all our sake. But, man, some people need to realize that he is not going to work miracles. I read a conversation on fb this morning about how Hershey's candy bars aren't as good since they started making them in Mexico and somebody replied "Maybe Trump came bring them back to the US."
    That's funny, because Hershey's candy bars are made right here in Waco, Tx.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

[QUOTE=Dangitbawb;1530708]That's funny, because Hershey's candy bars are made right here in Waco, Tx.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's amazing!

Trump brought Hershey's back from Mexico before he even took office.

He's a miracle worker - I bet that if he wanted to, he could pee on the roof while his feet are on the floor.

I think we could all benefit from cooler summers and warmer winters.
    Maybe he could...

He is against Mexicans, but is friendly with Russians? WTH?
    Against Mexicans? He's against illegal immigration, not Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Again, my main fear is the republican majority in the House/Senate. I fear them more than trump, as they are the ones who can do real damage. trump is all mouth and very little substance IMO. I don't think there will be any assassination or anything -- I remember all too well how many friends and people in general were convinced Pres Obama would not survive his first year. I think if he is brought down at all, it will be through legislative/legal means. More than likely, however, he'll serve out is 4 years and we can all hope to God he doesn't get elected for another term.
    When the democrats had full control we got Obamacare and nothing more which has been a drag to this economy. When congress is split nothing happens. You need the executive branch and the legislative branch under one party to get anything done. That's just reality. They can't do any damage without Trumps signature and don't have enough of a majority to over ride his veto.

Against Mexicans? He's against illegal immigration, not Mexicans
    Okay, Maybe I misspoke~ He may very well be against illegal immigration, But there are ALL kinds of immigrants, (plenty of them) It just seems that he is targeting the Mexicans- "IF"" it is about jobs leaving to go to Mexico, Well what about the Philippines?
    Seems like I can call any business these days and get one of them. JMO

He sure is partial to twitter, though. SMH
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

He sure is partial to twitter, though. SMH
    true.

Okay, Maybe I misspoke~ He may very well be against illegal immigration, But there are ALL kinds of immigrants, (plenty of them) It just seems that he is targeting the Mexicans- "IF"" it is about jobs leaving to go to Mexico, Well what about the Philippines?
    Seems like I can call any business these days and get one of them. JMO
    It is about Mexico because that's where the wall is to be built. It is built there because that is where the vast majority of illegal immigration occurs. Check out the chart, not even close.

45. 01-10-2017, 02:02 PM
    Reason
    Spammer

Soros makes a bad deal

Convinced the market would tank with a Trump election, George Soros made bearish moves in the market to try to reap the benefits. Backfire as the market responded positively and he lost a billion.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...uVZ?li=BBnbfcL

Convinced the market would tank with a Trump election, George Soros made bearish moves in the market to try to reap the benefits. Backfire as the market responded positively and he lost a billion.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...uVZ?li=BBnbfcL
    That's got to hurt.

Man - if I lost a billion I'd have to rethink some of my budgeting.

If I were an active investor I might have made that same error.

He quoted Bane

Thread should read President Donald Trump.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

The peaceful transfer of power is a thing of beauty.
    One moment Barack Obama is the leader of the Free World.
    A moment later it's Angela Merkel.

-George Takei

Priceless truism, IMO.

Trump's hair held up - no wind or heavy rain - could have been ugly

[QUOTE=cash;1531102]Trump's hair held up - no wind or heavy rain - could have been ugly

[/QUOTE]

]
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 01-20-2017 at 06:11 PM.