Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38454647484956 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 2806

Thread: Former President Donald Trump

I always considered myself pro life until this. I realized I can be pro life for myself and keep my mouth shut about what another woman decides. In the case of rape, incest, and the woman's life being in danger, then abortion should be an option.

Would I get one? No. I didn't want the one I had. All of this in the headlines triggered memories for me. I always knew I had also been abused in a satanic cult. But I repressed the abortion. I was gang raped so many times and none of them used condoms. I got pregnant. They tied me down and aborted it. I wouldn't have chosen it, but I wasn't given a choice.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

I may piss someone off with this, but all those in favor of wiping out abortion, should also have to go adopt a child or children that need a home and help homeless women and children, as well as sit with a rape victim that is carrying her rapist baby, or a child say 13 that got raped and is with child, also open up planned parenthood again and stop making birth control pills so expensive, men who don't want women to have abortions but don't want children either, need to have vasectomies, they are a lot eaiser on the men then birth control pills are for a woman, do you know that birth control pills really screws with a woman's body and not only that makes her a higher risk for strokes and heartattacks and if she were to want to have a child after taking pills for years, she has to wait until the pills are out of her system which can take from three to five years, yeah I have done extensive research, I used to be prolife until I was raped and they asked me if I wanted an abortion if my test came back positive. Also if men want to have sex, they need to be responsible as well about the brith control, yes condoms aren't always effect but they sure are a hell of a lot better than going without, also a woman getting her tubes tied also messes up her body it's a long proceedure that requires a couple of days in the hosptial where as for a man to get "snipped" just waltzes right in and then is out in no time this why they call it an outpatient and is done right there in the doctor's office, my dad had his done and he went in and then an hour later was at home and going about his day.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Oh snap.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Snap, and snap !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I may piss someone off with this, but all those in favor of wiping out abortion, should also have to go adopt a child or children that need a home and help homeless women and children, as well as sit with a rape victim that is carrying her rapist baby, or a child say 13 that got raped and is with child, also open up planned parenthood again and stop making birth control pills so expensive, men who don't want women to have abortions but don't want children either, need to have vasectomies, they are a lot eaiser on the men then birth control pills are for a woman, do you know that birth control pills really screws with a woman's body and not only that makes her a higher risk for strokes and heartattacks and if she were to want to have a child after taking pills for years, she has to wait until the pills are out of her system which can take from three to five years, yeah I have done extensive research, I used to be prolife until I was raped and they asked me if I wanted an abortion if my test came back positive. Also if men want to have sex, they need to be responsible as well about the brith control, yes condoms aren't always effect but they sure are a hell of a lot better than going without, also a woman getting her tubes tied also messes up her body it's a long proceedure that requires a couple of days in the hosptial where as for a man to get "snipped" just waltzes right in and then is out in no time this why they call it an outpatient and is done right there in the doctor's office, my dad had his done and he went in and then an hour later was at home and going about his day.
    Well said.
    And over in Alabama last Thursday, right on the heels of passing one of the most restrictive anti-abortion measures ever in order to protect the sanctity of life, a convicted killer was executed, one day after the "Sanctity of Life" measure was passed.
    No conflicts there, I'd say.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Snap, and snap !
    Very true.

Just hours before Trump was scheduled to arrive in Orlando, Florida to kick off his re-election campaign; the Orlando Sentinel newspaper announced their endorsement for the 2020 election: Not Donald Trump.

The paper, which has endorsed Republicans as well as Democrats in years past, had this to say:

“Some readers will wonder how we could possibly eliminate a candidate so far before an election, and before knowing the identity of his opponent. Because there’s no point pretending we would ever recommend that readers vote for Trump,” the editorial board wrote.
    “After 2½ years we’ve seen enough. Enough of the chaos, the division, the schoolyard insults, the self-aggrandizement, the corruption, and especially the lies.”
    The Sentinel dubbed Trump’s “successful assault on truth” as “the great casualty of this presidency, followed closely by his war on decency."

“Trump has diminished our standing in the world. He reneges on deals, attacks allies and embraces enemies,” the newspaper wrote, adding that Trump siding with Russian President Vladimir Putin and against the U.S. intelligence community at a press conference in Helsinki was a “humiliating public moment” and an “unforgivable political sin in normal times.” The Sentinel also claimed Trump’s economic milestones were no different, or even worse, than milestones reached in the Obama administration. “We can do better. We have to do better,” the editorial read.

In a competing
    op-ed in the Sentinel also published Tuesday, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel made the case for another four years of Trump in the Oval Office, arguing that the president’s “long list of promises made, promises kept has energized Americans in every part of the country to fight for his” reelection.

I still haven't figured out how anyone could vote for such a self-serving charlatan in the first place - other than the "he's not Hillary" angle, I'm even more puzzled by the idea that people will vote for him again, but they proudly and eagerly will.

A guy at work told me a few weeks ago that Trump has accomplished so much already, that with one more term; he will fix almost all of our problems.

I guess I should try to see it from the perspective of all those coal miners who are back at work, and all those auto workers whose plants haven't closed and whose jobs haven't gone to Mexico. From their point of view, we should probably just go ahead and declare him President-For-Life and put his image on all of our cash and coinage.

"Conservative" politicians in my state typically list their support for Trump as a primary reason why people should vote for them. If they've got pictures of themselves with Trump, those are front and center in their campaign literature.

It's like watching everybody around you become lifetime sustaining members and avid spokesmen for The Flat Earth Society, who never miss an opportunity to tell you that the earth really is flat as a board and that you'd have to be crazy and stupid to disbelieve something so obviously and demonstrably true.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Very true, and I wonder how many of Trump's girlfriends had an abortion
    with him paying for it?.

Joe Walsh will challenge Trump for the Republican nomination.

Now that might not seem like the best news ever for "middle of the road" conservatives who would like to see a middle of the road challenger to the psychologically unhinged occupant of the oval office, but it is cause for some hope, IMO anyway.

Maybe now that someone has pointed out that the emperor has no clothes, others will follow suit.
    I'd love to see as many Republicans announcing as we have seen Democrats.

According to Walsh, most of the Republican leadership "hates" Trump and wants him to just go away, but they are afraid to say so or to challenge the Crazy Orange Clown From An Alternate Reality.

The problem I see is that the people who support Trump really, really believe that he's the greatest President ever, and that if he can just get one more term, he'll do all of the things which he said he was going to do in his first term; things that are virtually already done anyway.

But even if his supporters remain majorly deluded, maybe there's a small chance that the Donald's Maximum Strength Stupid Pills swallowed in handfuls by the Republican leadership like so much sweet, sweet, Kool-Aid, is finally starting to wear off; and the mother of all hangovers is nigh.

If there are people who really do think that he is the greatest President ever, I never want to meet them. Things are bad enough.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I work with a guy who says he's not quite sure if the greatest President during his lifetime was Reagan or Trump.
    He goes on about how "Trump has done so much so quickly"; and that Trump is so blindingly smart that he keeps his detractors distracted from his real goings-on by saying crazy shit that the smart people know is just being used for misdirection.

The same guy spends a lot of time telling people that he's not a racist.
    He honestly believes that he's not a racist.

The other day, he showed me a picture of his son and the boy's girlfriend.
    She's a stunningly pretty girl, American-Chinese.

He told his boy that it's OK to date her for a while since she's so pretty and just as sweet and as nice as she can be; but that he can't get serious with the girl because she's "not his kind".

I think things are about to get interesting as the chickens come home to roost.

Most former Presidents go on the lecture circuit and get high dollar to speak at all sorts of events.
    This guy could maybe get invited to talk at some UFO or Bigfoot conferences.
    Maybe.

Most former Presidents also build Presidential Libraries.
    I'm thinking not so much for this guy.
    More like a Hall of Mirrors.
    Smoke and mirrors.

I suspect that as soon as he figures out he can't bluff, bully or lie his way out of impeachment, he's going to quit.
    He'll be a martyr to his faithful who won't be swayed by the truth of his actions, they'll forever talk about, "if only" he had been able to serve out his term he would have made everything right in the world.

And there's no doubt that he would have made things incredibly better in the world.
    His world - the only one that has ever mattered to him in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I think things are about to get interesting as the chickens come home to roost.

Most former Presidents go on the lecture circuit and get high dollar to speak at all sorts of events.
    This guy could maybe get invited to talk at some UFO or Bigfoot conferences.
    Maybe.

Most former Presidents also build Presidential Libraries.
    I'm thinking not so much for this guy.
    More like a Hall of Mirrors.
    Smoke and mirrors.

I suspect that as soon as he figures out he can't bluff, bully or lie his way out of impeachment, he's going to quit.
    He'll be a martyr to his faithful who won't be swayed by the truth of his actions, they'll forever talk about, "if only" he had been able to serve out his term he would have made everything right in the world.

And there's no doubt that he would have made things incredibly better in the world.
    His world - the only one that has ever mattered to him in the slightest.
    Yeah, and he can throw in the towel with nuclear war.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah, and he can throw in the towel with nuclear war.
    With Russia.
    Or Ukraine.
    For daring to meddle in our elections.

As a great and loyal and law-respecting American citizen of unmatched wisdom and uncommon values, one doesn't tolerate foreign intervention.
    Unless the price is right of course, but that goes for anything.

His unmatched wisdom is, in fact matched - but only by the wisdom of those who elected him.

With Russia.
    Or Ukraine.
    For daring to meddle in our elections.

As a great and loyal and law-respecting American citizen of unmatched wisdom and uncommon values, one doesn't tolerate foreign intervention.
    Unless the price is right of course, but that goes for anything.

His unmatched wisdom is, in fact matched - but only by the wisdom of those who elected him.
    Spot on!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Well said !

I've read some of the comments this Bozo (sorry, Bozo The Clown) made at his Nuremberg-style rally in Minnesota the other night, and I've changed my mind about something I said.

I said that as soon as he realized that he couldn't bluff or bully or lie his way out of impeachment that he would resign.
    I don't think so now.

He will exhort his followers to violence, and many of them will think that it's justified.

I've read some of the comments this Bozo (sorry, Bozo The Clown) made at his Nuremberg-style rally in Minnesota the other night, and I've changed my mind about something I said.

I said that as soon as he realized that he couldn't bluff or bully or lie his way out of impeachment that he would resign.
    I don't think so now.

He will exhort his followers to violence, and many of them will think that it's justified.
    A trumpster I know said "There will be blood in 2020."
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

A big thank you to all the smart Americans who were at
    the World Series game on Sunday night and that shouted
    lock him up and also were booing.
    You did the world very proud, Donald Trump should be shamed
    where ever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    where ever he goes.
    This guy will never feel shame.
    Maybe someday most - or at least some - of his supporters will.
    The Republican part has much to apologize for, to America; and the world.

This guy showed his stripes during the campaign when he said that if he didn't get the nomination, there might be trouble.
    And the Republicans showed theirs afterwards by giving it to him.

That was old fashioned thuggery that should have seen him yanked off the stage and run out of town.
    He should have been unwelcome any and everywhere after that except maybe at Nazi-like events.
    Instead, the Republicans gave him the nomination.

This guy will never feel shame.
    Maybe someday most - or at least some - of his supporters will.
    The Republican part has much to apologize for, to America; and the world.

This guy showed his stripes during the campaign when he said that if he didn't get the nomination, there might be trouble.
    And the Republicans showed theirs afterwards by giving it to him.

That was old fashioned thuggery that should have seen him yanked off the stage and run out of town.
    He should have been unwelcome any and everywhere after that except maybe at Nazi-like events.
    Instead, the Republicans gave him the nomination.
    Thank You for saying this, very well put. could of not said it
    better myself.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 10-30-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    where ever he goes.
    I read that the owners of the Nationals made it clear to the MLB they didn't want to meet or have him sitting anywhere near him as soon as they found out he was gonna be there so not to bother asking.

I also saw some comments from people who were there and they said it was even louder than it seemed on the footage. He was smiling and waving obviously thinking it was applause and you could see the actual moment he realised what was actually being said. It's worth watching just to see.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I read that the owners of the Nationals made it clear to the MLB they didn't want to meet or have him sitting anywhere near him as soon as they found out he was gonna be there so not to bother asking.

I also saw some comments from people who were there and they said it was even louder than it seemed on the footage. He was smiling and waving obviously thinking it was applause and you could see the actual moment he realised what was actually being said. It's worth watching just to see.
    So very true, also remember that after the Washington Nationals
    so smart fans booed Donald Trump a few days later they won
    the World Series.

Talk about good Karma.

Donald Trump is going to invent new sports so he
    can get cheers at games:
    Raceball
    Foot bone spurs ball
    Basket of deplorables ball
    Ice Honkey
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 11-05-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks to John Cleese of Monty Python fame and other things, I finally have some inkling about the appeal of Trump.
    I've been struggling since the start of the campaign to understand how some people can be so utterly senseless and irrational about the guy, and Cleese has, I think; hit the nail on the head.

He compares Trump supporters to people who watch professional wresting without ever realizing that it's fake.

Yeah - it is a lot like that.

Unfortunately, it might be a circus-like reality show; but the consequences are all too real.

Comedy legend John Cleese said there may be no point in trying to argue with Fox News viewers who support President Donald Trump.

″[T]he people who support him are basically so ignorant because they only ever get news from Fox News,” the Monty Python alum told The Daily Beast.
    “I don’t know what you say to people like that.”

"To me, it’s like people who go and watch professional wrestling and don’t realize that it’s fixed. If they can’t see it when it’s right under their nose, I have no idea how they’re going to realize how wrong they are."

“Every time he makes a decision, no matter how impulsive it is, it’s the one that makes him feel best about himself for the next 20 minutes,” he said.

Fellow Python alum Eric Idle delivered a similarly blunt assessment of the president.

“He’s stark raving mad. Absolutely mental,” Idle told The Daily Beast. “He’s a criminal and a con artist and a mob boss.”

I think these guys have nailed it.

Yes they did, someone I used to know only watches Fox news. That speaks volumes.

Yes they did, someone I used to know only watches Fox news. That speaks volumes.
    Yeah.
    A guy at work who thinks that Trump is either the greatest or second greatest President of all time because, "he's done so much so fast"; says that he mainly watches Fox News because they report the news the way he likes to hear it.

So Cleese is right - how do you even try to talk to these people?

If you never question or rethink your own beliefs - especially the ones you formed as a youth - then you will never "update" them.
    If you revisit your reasons for thinking something, and wind up still thinking it; you can be doubly sure that you're correct. Otherwise, you might make some needed adjustments. I think that's especially true with political opinions because many of us just unthinkingly say or react the way we always have - we toe the party line - without reevaluating the contributing factors or the consequences of our opinions in the current environment.

You can't talk to these people. It's like a horse wearing blinders. My former friend is pro Trump and is also Canadian, I'm surprised he has not moved to the States to be near his idol. After listening to him I would literally have to take an Excedrin (or 3) and lay down ! LOL.

Yeah.
    It's like they've bought into an ongoing, all encompassing Nigerian Prince Scam or something.

Here's a guy who's never had an honest job, he can declare bankruptcy and hop on a private jet to Paris for dinner, yet he'll be the champion of us working stiffs who have had to fret over buying tires for the car and paying the electric bill on time.
    And he earned that support and won the office primarily on the strength of two sound-byte phrases consisting of a total of seven words:

"Make America Great Again" and "Drain The Swamp".

That's a pretty concise campaign platform to be sure, and it worked.
    I guess as a nation; we deserve it because so many of us voted for the guy.

I live in a house of Trump supporters that watch Fox news all day. They think he's great and don't believe he's racist. I stay in my room mostly. I don't even get involved with political discussions with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I live in a house of Trump supporters that watch Fox news all day. They think he's great and don't believe he's racist. I stay in my room mostly. I don't even get involved with political discussions with them.
    They sound like difficult patients - are you the caregiver?
    Dispense the meds, make sure they brush their teeth, play well together, that sort of thing?

Hopefully, there's enough other staff there at the institution for you to take frequent breaks and get some time away.

Sorry - I had to do that.

There's probably no point in getting into political discussions with them.
    At the stage of things, anyone who can't see or admit that the guy is just a self-serving, lying con man just can't be reasoned with.

If Trump went on TV (or Tweeted) that he knows he's right because time travelers from the future visit him every Wednesday night and tell him what the next week holds; within hours; his followers will be walking around saying to each, "Did you hear the news!?"

Fox News: Comfort Food for Stupid People...

They sound like difficult patients - are you the caregiver?
    Dispense the meds, make sure they brush their teeth, play well together, that sort of thing?

Hopefully, there's enough other staff there at the institution for you to take frequent breaks and get some time away.

Sorry - I had to do that.

There's probably no point in getting into political discussions with them.
    At the stage of things, anyone who can't see or admit that the guy is just a self-serving, lying con man just can't be reasoned with.

If Trump went on TV (or Tweeted) that he knows he's right because time travelers from the future visit him every Wednesday night and tell him what the next week holds; within hours; his followers will be walking around saying to each, "Did you hear the news!?"
    LOL. Jim your musings always make my day. After a stressful day at work I need a good laugh, thanks for providing it !

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Very well said, and so true.

President Palpatine (Darth Donnie) has proven the accuracy of his assertion that he is totally ignoring the impeachment proceedings by attacking via Twitter, Marie Yavanovitch while she was actually giving testimony. Not surprisingly to anyone, he lied about not following the proceedings. Most of us were not surprised because we know that liars are going to lie, and this guy is all about lying, his supporters aren't surprised because they believe whatever it is he lies about; and they also believe that anything which can be even remotely construed as negative about him, is in fact; a lie.

But here's an interesting take on the matter - some are saying that the tweet attack during his impeachment proceedings might actually constitute an impeachable offence - an attempt at witness intimidation.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ovitch/602092/

Go, Donnie; go.

President Palpatine (Darth Donnie) has proven the accuracy of his assertion that he is totally ignoring the impeachment proceedings by attacking via Twitter, Marie Yavanovitch while she was actually giving testimony. Not surprisingly to anyone, he lied about not following the proceedings. Most of us were not surprised because we know that liars are going to lie, and this guy is all about lying, his supporters aren't surprised because they believe whatever it is he lies about; and they also believe that anything which can be even remotely construed as negative about him, is in fact; a lie.

But here's an interesting take on the matter - some are saying that the tweet attack during his impeachment proceedings might actually constitute an impeachable offence - an attempt at witness intimidation.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ovitch/602092/

Go, Donnie; go.
    I hope it is a impeachable offense. I think what angers me most is how he has debased the office. What used to be the highest most prestigious office in the world has become as loud and shrill as a fish mongers stall.

I hope it is a impeachable offense. I think what angers me most is how he has debased the office. What used to be the highest most prestigious office in the world has become as loud and shrill as a fish mongers stall.
    And don't forget the stench that will no doubt abate as soon as he and the bottom-dwellers on whose shoulders he rides slither away.

I have a sense that many of the people who voted for him because "he's not Hillary" or similar reasons now have an inkling of what they enabled.
    I sense that "average" Americans have tired of the lies, the juvenile sensibilities, the school yard bully routine and the reality show drama that is the Trump Presidency.

The hard core supporters are too self-deluded to ever admit that he's defective - and that their opinions of him are too. And then a big part of his base are the "fringes of society" people who crawled out from under rocks when the GOP prostituted themselves via Trump; giving an appearance of normalcy or acceptability to their intolerant, deranged and intolerable sensibilities; and a loud, public voice to what used to be just whispered among their like-minded, mentally and emotionally defective selves because society at large wouldn't permit a public discussion of it. What the GOP unleashed with Trump isn't too dissimilar to something like the Humane Society encouraging a debate on when it's ethical to abuse animals.

What's more, these results were predictable.
    There's been no surprises - he showed us from the beginning what to expect and he has delivered exactly what he promised.

His "casual" supporters will say they couldn't have known and that they never suspected; that's because they didn't watch or listen.
    "Make America Great Again" and "Drain The Swamp" seemed like harmless enough ideologies, besides; at least he's not Hillary. If that's as deep as your assessment went; then sure - you never saw the writing on the wall.

His real supporters are getting exactly what they bargained for; just not enough of it.

I think it will end soon.
    There's still some blinders to come off by the party faithful that hinges on the realization that either they will have to come down in support of rule by law, or reject that in favor of loyalty to the Cult of Trump.

The only question is what is it going to cost us to get the Genie back into the bottle?

He is like a carnival barker who pulls you in. The problem is people bought his routine, way too many people. I do hope it ends soon, and this circus is put out of business.

He is like a carnival barker who pulls you in. The problem is people bought his routine, way too many people. I do hope it ends soon, and this circus is put out of business.
    Yeah.
    George Takei of original Star Trek fame, commented on the inauguration:

"The peaceful transfer of power is a thing of beauty. One moment Barack Obama is leader of the Free World. A moment later it's Angela Merkel."

True, with him getting rushed to the hospital this past weekend
    he just may end up like former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.

I'm seeing some suggestions that his sudden trip to the hospital may be laying the groundwork for him to resign due to an "undisclosed illness".
    He likes making big claims to fame, I think he should want to be the first US President forcibly removed from office.

I can just see it "It was a brain tumor that cause me to do a few little unstable ungenius things." I hope they have to drag him kicking and screaming out of office.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I can just see it "It was a brain tumor that cause me to do a few little unstable ungenius things." I hope they have to drag him kicking and screaming out of office.
    So true, I can see him trying to make a health excuse to leave
    office.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    This needs to be said over and over again.

If that were to happen I hope it will be a televised event. That would be one thing involving Trump that I could watch over and over ! Cue Streisand singing Happy Days Are Here Again in the background. LOL.

I don't think he'll resign unless sticking it out puts him at personal risk - jail time, etc.
    I said back during the campaign that I could imagine him resigning the office claiming that he, "had more important things to do".

Basket of deplorables, indeed.

Hey Donald and Melania, while you make fun of Greta Thunberg
    that son you have, Barron looks like he may also have a form of Autism.

well he's still your president and i will vote for him again! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ollie.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	54903
    pull the string!

I would reply to this thread but i am anti-Nazi so I'll just keep my political thoughts to myself.
    Webmaster
    https://findadeath.com
    https://findadeathforum.com

I don't call that man my president and will not vote for him ever.