Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 400 of 2757

Thread: Adios President Donald Trump

  1. #351
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Concord , California, United States
    Posts
    6,872
    Trump enjoys upsetting liberals. Probably as much as i do. Hes pressed the envelope and continues to do it daily. Saying what the majority of the country is wanting to but cant or is afarid to out of fear of being branded racist or insensitive. The cold hard truth is the vast majority of terror attacks around the world come from the muslum faith. Europe is already gonzo. Caving in to the sharia law culture. Our country is on the same road to ruin. It needs to end somehow. The left has a criminal or a communist to offer. Get either of those two and its 4 more years of failure that will be as horrific or moreso then Obama himself has even brought. His hope amd change morphed into lies and scandal. But like the left Trump knows how to use the state run media to his advantage. They try and try to ruin him and it isnt working. They are scared to attack Donald out of fear he will attack nback 10x which he will. They all hoped hed have dropped months ago. But he hasnt and wont. Every time Hillary opens her lying mouth she sinks deeper in the polls. Is it any wonder why the left has so few debates ? With sanders if nothing else you know what youll be getting. Polls generally dont mean anything but Trump is gaining popularity because he says what the majority of the nation thinks. Including me .. Which is why i already know Trump will get my vote. Its up to the rest of the country to do their part since my state of California are liberal democrat sheeple who will vote Hillary or mickey mouse or captin kangaroo as long as they are democrat no mattet how many lies or scandals they are rooted in

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,899
    The Movie Sicario shows a perfect example of why Trump's Wall Dream is just that, a dream. If he want's to waste more money on building a wall to keep out the indigenous people of the Americas out then so be it but I hope it won't come to a shock to him when they dig tunnels underneath it.

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Holy Land (Texas)
    Posts
    5,035
    For a while now I've been thinking how the RNC will get rid of Trump and I came to the conclusion that they could very well pull the same type shenanigans as they did in 2008 to make Ron Paul go away. Well now HuffPost puts the scheme into print.

    If the RNC pulls this off against Trump, sticks Rubio or Bush in as nominee, of course Trump will run independent, letting Hillary slide into the WH. If that scenario plays out, it will be by far the most dramatic public admission by the elites that the US has been under a de facto one party system for decades: a two headed snake.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eoin-h...usaolp00000592
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

    Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    I've seen some politicians who were crybabies in my life, but this is the first time I've ever heard of somebody skipping a debate because a moderator was "mean to him". If Trump is unable to face Megyn Kelly, what's he going to be like with Putin?


    But hey, he "speaks his mind", so let's make his dumb ass the leader of the free world.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I've seen some politicians who were crybabies in my life, but this is the first time I've ever heard of somebody skipping a debate because a moderator was "mean to him". If Trump is unable to face Megyn Kelly, what's he going to be like with Putin?


    But hey, he "speaks his mind", so let's make his dumb ass the leader of the free world.
    I'm not voting for Trump but I still love what he is doing to the establishment candidates. I'm also willing to honestly discuss him.

    Watch, one of two things will happen. The debate will go off all the same as if he was there and he looks bad OR, the ratings drop way off and whatever channel picks up Trumps rally for veterans (which he is now planning for the same time) is a ratings success.

    If the latter happens, it's all over, the nomination is his.

    If the election is Trump/Sanders we will for once in a long time get two real choices. If it's Trump/Hillary, Trump is the new president. I'm predicting something like this....

    First presidential debate .

    Trump: Hillary has called the families of those that were killed in Benghazi liars. Tonight, I have invited those families to be my guest. Hillary, they are sitting right over there. Are you willing to call them liars to their face?

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Holy Land (Texas)
    Posts
    5,035
    Trump is getting himself into a pickle. He's neck and neck with Cruz in Iowa. By him skipping the debate, he leaves himself open to be savaged by Cruz and Rubio without being there to defend himself. That would effectively be a 90 minute or whatever anti-Trump ad by Cruz and Rubio courtesy Fox News.

    If Trump doesn't change his mind in the next 24 hours, he just gave up first and second place in Iowa, bearing in mind that most Iowans don't make their minds until caucus day. But then if he does show up for the debate, then what is going to tell the vets he's supposedly doing the fundraiser for? Send Palin in his place? That won't go over too well with Iowans either.

    Most nationwide viewers will be on the debate if Trump carries through with his threat. Thursday night may be the point at which the R nomination race turns into a long and protracted and crowded affair.

    Shame on big, bad Megyn Kelly. Hehe.
    The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-GmH8eFJFU

    Mrs. Peel (commenting on Steed's sword): "That looks a bit droopy." Steed: "Wait until it's challenged."

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Trump is getting himself into a pickle. He's neck and neck with Cruz in Iowa. By him skipping the debate, he leaves himself open to be savaged by Cruz and Rubio without being there to defend himself. That would effectively be a 90 minute or whatever anti-Trump ad by Cruz and Rubio courtesy Fox News.

    If Trump doesn't change his mind in the next 24 hours, he just gave up first and second place in Iowa, bearing in mind that most Iowans don't make their minds until caucus day. But then if he does show up for the debate, then what is going to tell the vets he's supposedly doing the fundraiser for? Send Palin in his place? That won't go over too well with Iowans either.

    Most nationwide viewers will be on the debate if Trump carries through with his threat. Thursday night may be the point at which the R nomination race turns into a long and protracted and crowded affair.

    Shame on big, bad Megyn Kelly. Hehe.
    I do not think Iowa is a big deal. The real kick off is New Hampshire. Trump is big on social media and explaining his viewpoint there without sitting with a bunch of other candidates.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,580
    Which "viewpoint" would that be? What about we hear an actual IDEA and SOLUTION? So far, we've heard nothing but sound bites, not a word about what his policies would be and how they would be implemented.
    Last edited by Cynful; 01-27-2016 at 09:49 AM.


    Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Which "viewpoint" would that be? What about we hear an actual IDEA and SOLUTION? So far, we've heard nothing but sound bites, not a word about what his policies would be and how they would be implemented.
    He did say he would build a wall to address illegal immigration. I'm pretty sure we how to do that. His funding is based on using money we currently give Mexico to pay for it. Sounds like a plan to me.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  10. #360
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    He did say he would build a wall to address illegal immigration. I'm pretty sure we how to do that. His funding is based on using money we currently give Mexico to pay for it. Sounds like a plan to me.
    Pathetic that this is considered a solution.

    Pathetic that anyone would think this is a good idea
    But you reich wingers have your heads so far up you asses it's unreal

    The GOP is the anti American party now and morons are lapping it up.

    Still have that teen boy quote about "pussy liberals"
    GROW THE FUCK UP

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,681
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wolfsschanze
    Posts
    7,557
    Lol, somethings never change. 8 years later

  13. 01-27-2016, 06:42 PM

  14. #363
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,614
    Kind of mean but... wish he would just die.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  15. #364
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,369
    I don't even have to hear a word the man says. He just looks so unintelligent.




    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  16. #365
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I don't even have to hear a word the man says. He just looks so unintelligent.




    I guess you never researched him but he is Ivy League. He also grew a small real estate into a multi million empire. Your instincts need sharpening.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  17. #366
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,369
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    I guess you never researched him but he is Ivy League. He also grew a small real estate into a multi million empire. Your instincts need sharpening.
    Doesn't matter where he went to school. He's still dumber than a box of rocks.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."


  18. #367
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,198
    For those complaining about Trump.........if you are a voter that refused to hold a politician accountable when they lied to us, you created Trump. This isn't about Trump. It's a large group of people giving a big middle finger to the political establishment.

  19. #368
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    For those complaining about Trump.........if you are a voter that refused to hold a politician accountable when they lied to us, you created Trump. This isn't about Trump. It's a large group of people giving a big middle finger to the political establishment.
    I am with you. The establishment tried to force Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton on us. Obama was in the senate for 2 years ran for president and was not even doing his senate job for the next 2. He never even ran a hot dog stand. I could do a whole power point demonstration on this. The people who are against accomplishment and growth bother me. Why spew out some old manta they use for years as if it makes them look smart. It does not.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  20. #369
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    For those complaining about Trump.........if you are a voter that refused to hold a politician accountable when they lied to us, you created Trump. This isn't about Trump. It's a large group of people giving a big middle finger to the political establishment.
    this
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

  21. #370
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Doesn't matter where he went to school. He's still dumber than a box of rocks.
    He has an IQ around 153 meaning he is smarter than 99.979 of the population. You may not like him or what he stands for but lets be real and not emotional about it, the guy is extremely intelligent.

    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    For those complaining about Trump.........if you are a voter that refused to hold a politician accountable when they lied to us, you created Trump. This isn't about Trump. It's a large group of people giving a big middle finger to the political establishment.
    Exactly
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  22. #371
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,228
    Just because his IQ is high doesn't mean he has common sense and isn't a complete jackass. He's a misogynistic, homophobic, racist sack of garbage. He's also bankrupted like, what? 5 companies?

  23. #372
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Just because his IQ is high doesn't mean he has common sense and isn't a complete jackass. He's a misogynistic, homophobic, racist sack of garbage. He's also bankrupted like, what? 5 companies?
    So the people who go after Sarah Palin and her children are what? Really, I mean Hillary Clinton was ready to trash Monica Lewinsky before the stain on the dress stopped her. I have seen worse behavior from people. Trump just does what he should do. Someone goes off on him and he goes off back.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  24. #373
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    So the people who go after Sarah Palin and her children are what? Really, I mean Hillary Clinton was ready to trash Monica Lewinsky before the stain on the dress stopped her. I have seen worse behavior from people. Trump just does what he should do. Someone goes off on him and he goes off back.
    If you call "doing what he should do" being a vile piece of garbage then job well done! I'm not a liberal but I'm not far right either. I just can't get behind someone who's as racist, homophobic, and misogynistic as he is.

  25. #374
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    If you call "doing what he should do" being a vile piece of garbage then job well done! I'm not a liberal but I'm not far right either. I just can't get behind someone who's as racist, homophobic, and misogynistic as he is.
    What I am trying too say is there is nastiness all my over. We are in a culture war and we do not need to elect Mr. Rogers as president. This is not about far left or right. Maybe some people think laying back and taking it is the way to go. I think it goes deeper than Mr. Trump.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  26. #375
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Trump is popular with white supremacists. Shocking.

    http://www.getlittlebird.com/blog/da...acist-accounts
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  27. #376
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Posts
    42
    Bernie Sanders is going to mop the floor with all of them. He's honest, people are sick of being lied to and the elite making this country into an oligarchy.

    Citizens United anyone? Democracy is about dead. Money = Speech. That is NOT democracy.

    The GOP has a clown car full of people every election year and they are all ridiculous. If I had to choose any Republican it would be Rand Paul.

    He's the only one I can, just about, take somewhat seriously and doesn't come off like a complete loony. Of course, elect him and you think it's the wild, wild west now...?

    It's another I got mine, go f yourself Ayn Rand unregulated anything goes free-market apocalypse extravaganza worse than Mitt Romney praying to Kolob proportions.

    If Bernie wins the dem nomination I would bet he picks Elizabeth Warren as his running mate. All these crooks, the top 1%, and corrupt politicians better watch out.

    Shillary, is controlled by corporations, we are controlled by corporations. Enough of the circus. You want to make America "Great Again", get rid of corruption. I enjoy pissing off ignorant rednecks and so-called conservatives, especially neo-cons guns a-blazin' (i.e intollerent people stuck in 1950 who get a big kick out of playing the villain)
    Last edited by Spliff; 01-28-2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: had to add the word election and a stick out my tongue smiley.

  28. #377
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Bernie Sanders is 74. When John McCain ran all people talked about was that he was 74. All people talked about with Bob Dole was his age. Why is Bernie getting exempt from the discussion. I do not think the Dems want him as the nominee. By the way, Hillary and Trump are 69. Same age as Reagan. Hillary has had health problem and I still want to see a brain scan. Trump never drank or smoked and released his health records.He is healthy.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  29. #378
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Posts
    42
    Elizabeth Warren will probably be Bernie's running mate. I'd take her over Hillary any day, she's 66.

    Listen to him speak, it isn't like he's having any Reagan "moments". He does recall... his faculties are all there.

    He's not a pushover and neither is Elizabeth Warren. Those are the people that will fight for the middle class.

    Trump is for "entertainment" purposes only. Kind of like Fox News. It's not really news, it's entertainment.

    As in, what will this jackass say next? If he's elected I wanna move to Ireland. Guy's a complete dick.

  30. #379
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    309
    Unfortunately, Trump will probably self-destruct because of that Megan Kelly nonsense, and so will the country if either Bernie or the Dragon Lady is elected, so we can kiss goodbye to the good ole US of A as it still was when Reagan was in office, and welcome to the most northerly banana republic afloat since that term was used, and watch it sink as the borders are trampled on even more than now.

  31. #380
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by MurkyWaters View Post
    Unfortunately, Trump will probably self-destruct because of that Megan Kelly nonsense, and so will the country if either Bernie or the Dragon Lady is elected, so we can kiss goodbye to the good ole US of A as it still was when Reagan was in office, and welcome to the most northerly banana republic afloat since that term was used, and watch it sink as the borders are trampled on even more than now.
    Statesman...true statesman are hard to find these days. But America is an idea, a way of life. No one can ever take that away from you or me. As a Marine fighting, I remember a SSGT screaming at all 14 of us to fight for our country.....I was not fighting for my country, I was fighting and killing the enemy for my buddies that were doing their best to keep my ass alive. Same situation here Murky....don't fight for your country, fight for your families and friends. And the idea, the way of life, and the future we deserve. If enough people get fed up with the Repubs, the Dems , the socialists, etc.....then a new direction will happen. I have all the faith in the world.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

  32. #381
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Elizabeth Warren will probably be Bernie's running mate. I'd take her over Hillary any day, she's 66.

    Listen to him speak, it isn't like he's having any Reagan "moments". He does recall... his faculties are all there.

    He's not a pushover and neither is Elizabeth Warren. Those are the people that will fight for the middle class.

    Trump is for "entertainment" purposes only. Kind of like Fox News. It's not really news, it's entertainment.

    As in, what will this jackass say next? If he's elected I wanna move to Ireland. Guy's a complete dick.
    Bernie is a socialist. When you get to the general election you need to move to the middle. That is where he loses people. I just see a ' hide the car keys ' situation. Vermont is not a major electoral state. Also Warren said she was not interested in running and it must be for a reason. People vote the head of a ticket not the 2nd in command.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  33. #382
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    He has an IQ around 153 meaning he is smarter than 99.979 of the population. You may not like him or what he stands for but lets be real and not emotional about it, the guy is extremely intelligent.


    Exactly

    I agree and I happen to like the quote on your siggie line.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

  34. #383
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Trump has never struck me as a particularly intelligent individual. His butler probably took that IQ test for him. Lol

    Also, if "Ivy League education" automatically equals "smart", no conservatives get to call Obama an idiot from now on.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  35. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    For those complaining about Trump.........if you are a voter that refused to hold a politician accountable when they lied to us, you created Trump. This isn't about Trump. It's a large group of people giving a big middle finger to the political establishment.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

  36. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by MurkyWaters View Post
    Unfortunately, Trump will probably self-destruct because of that Megan Kelly nonsense, and so will the country if either Bernie or the Dragon Lady is elected, so we can kiss goodbye to the good ole US of A as it still was when Reagan was in office, and welcome to the most northerly banana republic afloat since that term was used, and watch it sink as the borders are trampled on even more than now.
    Well said MurkyWaters, sad but so true

  37. #386
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Elizabeth Warren will probably be Bernie's running mate. I'd take her over Hillary any day, she's 66.

    Listen to him speak, it isn't like he's having any Reagan "moments". He does recall... his faculties are all there.

    He's not a pushover and neither is Elizabeth Warren. Those are the people that will fight for the middle class.

    Trump is for "entertainment" purposes only. Kind of like Fox News. It's not really news, it's entertainment.

    As in, what will this jackass say next? If he's elected I wanna move to Ireland. Guy's a complete dick.
    fauxcahontas warren? She's just another lying, old commie tnuc. sanders? The old commie dick? You really believe these two give a shit about you or this country?

  38. #387
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Lol, somethings never change. 8 years later
    Wow! Its good to see you around.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  39. #388
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Trump has never struck me as a particularly intelligent individual. His butler probably took that IQ test for him. Lol

    Also, if "Ivy League education" automatically equals "smart", no conservatives get to call Obama an idiot from now on.
    On the butler joke. For the rest of it, that is probably the shortest yet most compelling pro-Obama counter comment I have seen in awhile. Touche'
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

  40. #389
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,862
    Quote Originally Posted by gottaqhfilly View Post
    fauxcahontas warren? She's just another lying, old commie tnuc. sanders? The old commie dick? You really believe these two give a shit about you or this country?
    Do any of them? I don't think so.

  41. #390
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Trump has never struck me as a particularly intelligent individual. His butler probably took that IQ test for him. Lol

    Also, if "Ivy League education" automatically equals "smart", no conservatives get to call Obama an idiot from now on.
    Obama never showed his grades or we do not know how he got into Columbia but he did not graduate with honors. He is our affirmative action candidates so people gave with point for being half black. I do not think people get it but he was not descended from slave. Other than that he never even ran a hot dog stand. Trump built a military billion dollar business. How many people you define as smart could do that?
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  42. #391
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mossy and wet
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Doesn't matter where he went to school. He's still dumber than a box of rocks.
    He's smart enough to have vaulted into first place without Establishment support and spending almost no money.

  43. #392
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Obama never showed his grades or we do not know how he got into Columbia but he did not graduate with honors. He is our affirmative action candidates so people gave with point for being half black. I do not think people get it but he was not descended from slave. Other than that he never even ran a hot dog stand. Trump built a military billion dollar business. How many people you define as smart could do that?
    Nicely put.

    So Donald DID graduate with honors? The sources I find online say his grades at Wharton are "a mystery". Also, Obama has TWO Ivy League degrees - that makes him twice as smart as Trump, right? - and he graduated from Harvard Law magna cum laude ("with great honor"). And if "so people gave with point for being half black" means that some kind of affirmative action is responsible for his getting into an Ivy League school (twice), I will note that a biographer has made the claim that Trump only got into Wharton as a favor from an admissions officer who had known his brother. (Don't know if that's true, but it's at least as solid as suggesting that Obama's race is responsible for his acceptance at Columbia/Harvard.)

    Regarding his business career, taking into account that he started out from a position of privilege, and a number of his businesses have declared bankruptcy - yes, he has been successful. I would acknowledge that this does require a certain skill set, but not necessarily high intelligence. It has been argued that successful CEOs share a lot of traits with psychopaths. (Of course, the same has been said of politicians.)
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  44. #393
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Nicely put.

    So Donald DID graduate with honors? The sources I find online say his grades at Wharton are "a mystery". Also, Obama has TWO Ivy League degrees - that makes him twice as smart as Trump, right? - and he graduated from Harvard Law magna cum laude ("with great honor"). And if "so people gave with point for being half black" means that some kind of affirmative action is responsible for his getting into an Ivy League school (twice), I will note that a biographer has made the claim that Trump only got into Wharton as a favor from an admissions officer who had known his brother. (Don't know if that's true, but it's at least as solid as suggesting that Obama's race is responsible for his acceptance at Columbia/Harvard.)

    Regarding his business career, taking into account that he started out from a position of privilege, and a number of his businesses have declared bankruptcy - yes, he has been successful. I would acknowledge that this does require a certain skill set, but not necessarily high intelligence. It has been argued that successful CEOs share a lot of traits with psychopaths. (Of course, the same has been said of politicians.)
    I understand that Trump took whatever investment he had and magnified into billions. Obama manipulated his history to get him where he wanted to go. Raised by white people and rejected by his father. He went and used it to the hilt. He was raised by white people and somehow he got to be the black experience.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  45. #394
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by gottaqhfilly View Post
    fauxcahontas warren? She's just another lying, old commie tnuc. sanders? The old commie dick? You really believe these two give a shit about you or this country?
    Yes. I do.

    I don't sway to all the demagoguery and fear mongering tactics. These days I think progressive socialism is not such a bad thing. I'm so tired of lies, mudslinging, and the top wealthy taking over everything for their own interest$ while giving a big middle finger to the middle class. Do some more research on income disparity. The middle class has flat-lined for 40 years now while the top 1% has beyond skyrocketed... Obviously a major malfunction. The vehicle has exploded.

    Anybody who hides their money in the Cayman Islands or some other tax haven should be in PRISON for tax evasion, not running for POTUS.

    Super PACs shouldn't exist and the Citizens United SCOTUS ruling should never have happened. Money does not equal speech.
    Last edited by Spliff; 01-30-2016 at 07:14 AM.

  46. #395
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Trump has never struck me as a particularly intelligent individual. His butler probably took that IQ test for him. Lol

    Also, if "Ivy League education" automatically equals "smart", no conservatives get to call Obama an idiot from now on.
    HAAAAAAAAAAA!

    Also, all you Reaganites..... trickle down, too bad it doesn't trickle down! There's a thing out there called GREED. Look it up.

  47. #396
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mossy and wet
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    I don't sway to all the demagoguery and fear mongering tactics. These days I think progressive socialism is not such a bad thing. I'm so tired of lies, mudslinging, ...
    Me too, especially finger-pointing at 'villains' and simple solutions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    and the top wealthy taking over everything for their own interest$ while giving a big middle finger to the middle class. Do some more research on income disparity.
    An interesting control foil is France, which has retained its pre-Reagan policies. Has France flourished? No; France is economically moribund, with people leaving in droves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    The middle class has flat-lined for 40 years now while the top 1% has beyond skyrocketed... Obviously a major malfunction. The vehicle has exploded.
    This is due to major structural changes in the global economy, not Citizens United or Super PACs or Reaganism. Simply put, as more and more developing countries became developed, the supply of ordinary labor worldwide increased faster than the demand, putting downward pressure on wages in Western countries. In a globalized economy, ordinary skills are worth less and extraordinary skills are worth more.

    And, BTW, Fauxcahontas herself, Elizabeth Warren, is a one-percenter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Anybody who hides their money in the Cayman Islands or some other tax haven should be in PRISON for tax evasion, not running for POTUS.
    The problem is that tax avoidance is legal. As a consolation, however, note that it doesn't stop the U.S., state and local governments from aggressively taxing the rich.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Super PACs shouldn't exist and the Citizens United SCOTUS ruling should never have happened. Money does not equal speech.
    And it's a myth that money buys elections. If it did, former eBay CEO Meg Whitman would be governor of California, investment banker Jon Corzine would be governor of New Jersey and Colorado Senate President John Morse would not have recalled (because, courtesy of billionaires Bill Gates and Michael Bloomberg, his preservation campaign outspent its opponents eight to one).

    Edit: As someone who could live and work in Europe, I'd choose the U.S. anyday.

  48. #397
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    HAAAAAAAAAAA!

    Also, all you Reaganites..... trickle down, too bad it doesn't trickle down! There's a thing out there called GREED. Look it up.
    If you look at the age of the robber baron such as Carnegies, Vanderbilts and such, that was the time when immigrants were coming over here in droves to work in steel mills and the railroads to work. People have always hated the rich. It does not make sense to progress to give to people who do not know how to run things or to make progress. A poor man has never given you a job. Donald Trump created job yet you find fault.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

  49. #398
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    If you look at the age of the robber baron such as Carnegies, Vanderbilts and such, that was the time when immigrants were coming over here in droves to work in steel mills and the railroads to work. People have always hated the rich. It does not make sense to progress to give to people who do not know how to run things or to make progress. A poor man has never given you a job. Donald Trump created job yet you find fault.

    I don't hate "rich people". In general. Let me get that straight for you. I do hate corruption and lies.

    Do you really think there aren't all kinds of lobbyists everywhere out there bribing politicians? People supposed to be elected to represent the majority of the people taking these bribes and their voting swayed that way. Money talks, and money should not be speech. That should be illegal, as far as I know it is but that's the way the game is played. I remember a certain politician named Budd Dwyer that blew his head off because he was facing prison for supposedly taking a bribe.

    Fauxcahauntas!, funny. How old is that one, Rush and Glenn? No problem with the big banks or Wall Street, right?.... as long as it all works out for the very wealthy.

    I got one for ya, Faux News, hahaha. Riot! Where conservatives go to hear how righteous they are and how dumb the "libtards" are. Knee-slapper.

    It will just all trickle back down to prosperity for the middle class and give a hand up to the lower class if you elect someone unbelievably rich who is a "job creator", right? It just works out that way of course all the time. They won't outsource for cheap labor to other countries. Cut education to make it harder for people to obtain extraordinary skills. Keep college costs high and also interest on student loans. Hell, they won't fire you for claiming on their health insurance when 5 or 10 years away from retirement to hire someone else who is younger and willing to take less money. They won't keep wages low while CEO's have money to burn and wipe their asses with, getting taxed at lower percentages than a median, middle class, blue collar worker while hiding tons of their money in tax havens. Never.

    GOP just always blames it on big bad government and regulations. Rather than say let's have a government that works for everybody fairly they say they don't want large government. Right on. They don't want any restrictions or regulations because that restricts the free market from flourishing. No, it makes it so that some of the greedy bastards have a harder time getting away with however they want to rob the middle class, pollute the Earth for their own profit schemes, overspending on the military complex to ridiculous proportions using those all too familiar fear-mongering tactics to frighten people so they can start some more money-making wars. Spreading democracy my ass. If you're poor... it's just all your fault, didn't try hard enough. Democrats and poorer people just want handouts, right? Not like them, some who were born with wealth, had nepotism working, or born into the establishment already. That's their mentality. As George Carlin once said, it's a big club and you're not in it! (Well, unless you are, newsflash the vast majority of the people are not).

    I hope you can sense some sarcasm here, because it's there. Just like all the corruption. Do you even listen to some of these people speak? I do.

    Do you really think there aren't mega Super PACs made up of corporate interests and the top wealthy putting millions into campaigns to sway things in their interest?

    Yes, I would call that being a greedy villain! It's beyond sickening.

    Also, I have a major problem with the seepage of various religions into the already broken political process and laws. Separation of church and state.
    That should be a real thing and if churches want to Super PAC outflow big secret dark money into campaigns they shouldn't be tax exempt as a 501(c) anymore.

    Let's see, should I go through all your replies to my quotes one by one?

    Man, I could go on and on. I hope you can sense my sarcasm better than you detect bologna demagogued out by conservative media game show hosts.

    Simple solutions?... Rich get richer, poorer get poorer. Seems like the GOP solution as they lie and say otherwise.

    France is not the U.S.A. They have 66,000,000 people and the USA has 320,000,000. I'm not much into French politics and policies.
    I'm surprised you didn't bring up Greece. Seems to be a popular thing to talk about.

    I'm tired of it. Go ahead and vote for Trump the dick. We won't ever agree on much and change the others views. Yes, ad hominem of dick, but doesn't mean it isn't pretty damn true. Listen to this guy speak seriously. Listen to Sarah Palin rhyme like a mentally-challenged dolomite. Also, when it comes to very relevant issues in my opinion, many peoples' opinions, social issues in the USA on equality which you didn't bring up... Conservatives, especially religious right conservatives are stuck in the dark ages, stuck in 1950. They govern out of their Bibles and use fear to control, how convienient. Even Scott Michaels is gay. They have extreme prejudices on minorities.

    If you can't see all that right in front of your face you're either very ignorant or stuck in some parallel universe run by Sean Hannity and his wife Ann Coulter with The Five as their Supreme Court Justices.

    Hey, Bloomberg might run as an Independent. It could be billionaire against even bigger billionaire! Like Celebrity Death Match of the billionaires.

    Bottom line, heh. I don't think Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren are dishonest politicians or people. I don't think they are corrupt. He has my vote, so will she if deciding to run for office because I'm an anti-corruption voter who has a conscience. I'm also not a narcissist or sociopath. Thanks.

    plural ol·i·gar·chies

    • 1 : government by the few
    • 2 : a government in which a small group exercises control especially for corrupt and selfish purposes; also : a group exercising such control
    • 3 : an organization under oligarchic control



    ol·i·gar·chy
    ˈäləˌɡärkē/
    noun
    noun: oligarchy; plural noun: oligarchies
    a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution.
    "the ruling oligarchy of military men around the president"


    • a country governed by an oligarchy.
      "the English aristocratic oligarchy of the 19th century"
    • government by oligarchy.
    Last edited by Spliff; 01-31-2016 at 08:47 PM. Reason: A couple typo's, didn't proofread. Shucks.

  50. #399
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,862

  51. #400
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    I don't hate "rich people". In general. Let me get that straight for you. I do hate corruption and lies.

    Do you really think there aren't all kinds of lobbyists everywhere out there bribing politicians? People supposed to be elected to represent the majority of the people taking these bribes and their voting swayed that way. Money talks, and money should not be speech. That should be illegal, as far as I know it is but that's the way the game is played. I remember a certain politician named Budd Dwyer that blew his head off because he was facing prison for supposedly taking a bribe.

    Fauxcahauntas!, funny. How old is that one, Rush and Glenn? No problem with the big banks or Wall Street, right?.... as long as it all works out for the very wealthy.

    I got one for ya, Faux News, hahaha. Riot! Where conservatives go to hear how righteous they are and how dumb the "libtards" are. Knee-slapper.

    It will just all trickle back down to prosperity for the middle class and give a hand up to the lower class if you elect someone unbelievably rich who is a "job creator", right? It just works out that way of course all the time. They won't outsource for cheap labor to other countries. Cut education to make it harder for people to obtain extraordinary skills. Keep college costs high and also interest on student loans. Hell, they won't fire you for claiming on their health insurance when 5 or 10 years away from retirement to hire someone else who is younger and willing to take less money. They won't keep wages low while CEO's have money to burn and wipe their asses with, getting taxed at lower percentages than a median, middle class, blue collar worker while hiding tons of their money in tax havens. Never.

    GOP just always blames it on big bad government and regulations. Rather than say let's have a government that works for everybody fairly they say they don't want large government. Right on. They don't want any restrictions or regulations because that restricts the free market from flourishing. No, it makes it so that some of the greedy bastards have a harder time getting away with however they want to rob the middle class, pollute the Earth for their own profit schemes, overspending on the military complex to ridiculous proportions using those all too familiar fear-mongering tactics to frighten people so they can start some more money-making wars. Spreading democracy my ass. If you're poor... it's just all your fault, didn't try hard enough. Democrats and poorer people just want handouts, right? Not like them, some who were born with wealth, had nepotism working, or born into the establishment already. That's their mentality. As George Carlin once said, it's a big club and you're not in it! (Well, unless you are, newsflash the vast majority of the people are not).

    I hope you can sense some sarcasm here, because it's there. Just like all the corruption. Do you even listen to some of these people speak? I do.

    Do you really think there aren't mega Super PACs made up of corporate interests and the top wealthy putting millions into campaigns to sway things in their interest?

    Yes, I would call that being a greedy villain! It's beyond sickening.

    Also, I have a major problem with the seepage of various religions into the already broken political process and laws. Separation of church and state.
    That should be a real thing and if churches want to Super PAC outflow big secret dark money into campaigns they shouldn't be tax exempt as a 501(c) anymore.

    Let's see, should I go through all your replies to my quotes one by one?

    Man, I could go on and on. I hope you can sense my sarcasm better than you detect bologna demagogued out by conservative media game show hosts.

    Simple solutions?... Rich get richer, poorer get poorer. Seems like the GOP solution as they lie and say otherwise.

    France is not the U.S.A. They have 66,000,000 people and the USA has 320,000,000. I'm not much into French politics and policies.
    I'm surprised you didn't bring up Greece. Seems to be a popular thing to talk about.

    I'm tired of it. Go ahead and vote for Trump the dick. We won't ever agree on much and change the others views. Yes, ad hominem of dick, but doesn't mean it isn't pretty damn true. Listen to this guy speak seriously. Listen to Sarah Palin rhyme like a mentally-challenged dolomite. Also, when it comes to very relevant issues in my opinion, many peoples' opinions, social issues in the USA on equality which you didn't bring up... Conservatives, especially religious right conservatives are stuck in the dark ages, stuck in 1950. They govern out of their Bibles and use fear to control, how convienient. Even Scott Michaels is gay. They have extreme prejudices on minorities.

    If you can't see all that right in front of your face you're either very ignorant or stuck in some parallel universe run by Sean Hannity and his wife Ann Coulter with The Five as their Supreme Court Justices.

    Hey, Bloomberg might run as an Independent. It could be billionaire against even bigger billionaire! Like Celebrity Death Match of the billionaires.

    Bottom line, heh. I don't think Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren are dishonest politicians or people. I don't think they are corrupt. He has my vote, so will she if deciding to run for office because I'm an anti-corruption voter who has a conscience. I'm also not a narcissist or sociopath. Thanks.

    plural ol·i·gar·chies

    • 1 : government by the few
    • 2 : a government in which a small group exercises control especially for corrupt and selfish purposes; also : a group exercising such control
    • 3 : an organization under oligarchic control



    ol·i·gar·chy
    ˈäləˌɡärkē/
    noun
    noun: oligarchy; plural noun: oligarchies
    a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution.
    "the ruling oligarchy of military men around the president"


    • a country governed by an oligarchy.
      "the English aristocratic oligarchy of the 19th century"
    • government by oligarchy.
    What was it about the last 8 years did you like. My health insurance went up under the so called affordable health care act when it was promised to go down and I could keep my own policy and they took that policy away. A guy was elected with no experience. He was not descendant from slaves. He made up a story where his parents were married when his father was already married. He spent 2 years in the senate and then did not show up for the next couple of years. I do think he was given points because he admited he did not do well in high school and no one saw his grades at Columbia or how he got in but he did not graduate with honors. Talk about church and state. He was going to some whacked out preacher. He knew him for years and baptized his children. Then Obama lied and said he did not know him. Trump took a small real estate company and grew it to what it is today. He has a strong learning curve and has picked up things like Celebrity Apprentice and the pagesants and made it work. I do not get the high some get when they think they are sticking it to others. We only hurt ourselves.?
    Last edited by coconn04; 02-01-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

    Edna St. Vincent Millay

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •