Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3676838485
Results 4,201 to 4,231 of 4231

Thread: Aviation

The news is making like the Beechcraft Corp. King Air 350 is a small plane. It's not. https://prijet.com/performance/Beech...ng%20Air%20350
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

The news is always making like something.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I moved 10 dead in Addison plane crash thread to here from other notable figures thread, as it is about a plane crash.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The news is always making like something.
    Ain't that the truth.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I wanted to make a post about the most poignant aviation story of 2019.

A SWA captain's son brings back home his father's who was KIA in Laos in 1967. Grab a hanky as this is quite an beautiful story.

Just a note: VASA Aviation's captioning a lot of the time is inaccurate. But you'll still get the whole story.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=54W22gT7-R8
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Pass the tissue please. I am so glad he was found and brought home.

I have a mention of the Delta Airlines Flight 191 in my crime novel. I like to add a bit of pop culture in my modern era books. This crash happened the day after A Deadly Spill of Scarlet opens.

According to wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_...nes_Flight_191

Delta Air Lines Flight 191 was a regularly scheduled Delta Air Lines domestic service from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Los Angeles with an intermediate stop at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). On August 2, 1985, the Lockheed L-1011 TriStar operating Flight 191 encountered a microburst while on approach to land at DFW. The aircraft struck the ground over a mile short of the runway, struck a car near the airport, and then collided with two water tanks and disintegrated. The crash killed 137 people and injured 28 others.[a] The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) determined that the crash resulted from the flight crew's decision to fly through a thunderstorm, the lack of procedures or training to avoid or escape microbursts, and the lack of hazard information on wind shear.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-14-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I do believe flight 191 is also the one that people see ghosts in the crash area.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I do believe flight 191 is also the one that people see ghosts in the crash area.
    IDK, but the flight number is supposedly haunted. https://airlinegeeks.com/2015/09/15/...of-flight-191/

Also found this video about haunted airports and crash sites.. I didn't watch much of it because I'm so tired I'm fixing to fall out of my chair.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah it was the AA 191 crash from 1979 at O'Hare.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    IDK, but the flight number is supposedly haunted. https://airlinegeeks.com/2015/09/15/...of-flight-191/

Also found this video about haunted airports and crash sites.. I didn't watch much of it because I'm so tired I'm fixing to fall out of my chair.

I watched it a while back. It's one of those that give you the facts that are out there and lets you decide for yourself whether it's real or not.

Nice I"ll have to watch it later. Thanks Cindy, oh also if you want another haunted crash, look up the Ghost of flight 401, they made a movie of it and I have the book. Here is the wiki link about flight 401
    and it has been confirmed that Bob Loft and crew members are the Ghosts that are seen on the other planes that used parts of the crashed 401

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Air_Lines_Flight_401

Last edited by pkstracy; 06-14-2020 at 09:53 AM.

I watched a video on youtube years ago about plane crashes in general, but it also mentioned the one that were rumored to be haunted. Flight 401 was detailed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Nice I"ll have to watch it later. Thanks Cindy, oh also if you want another haunted crash, look up the Ghost of flight 401, they made a movie of it and I have the book. Here is the wiki link about flight 401
    and it has been confirmed that Bob Loft and crew members are the Ghosts that are seen on the other planes that used parts of the crashed 401

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Air_Lines_Flight_401

I got it from the library years ago. I don't want to spoil for those who haven't read it but it's worth the read as it goes into details about the crash and the fall out from the hauntings.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I got it from the library years ago. I don't want to spoil for those who haven't read it but it's worth the read as it goes into details about the crash and the fall out from the hauntings.
    good find.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I have the book on kindle ShellC, haven't read it yet, so many books so l little time, with all the books I have I am afraid I'll die before I get them all read and I keep buying more LOL

I have the book on kindle ShellC, haven't read it yet, so many books so l little time, with all the books I have I am afraid I'll die before I get them all read and I keep buying more LOL
    I know the feeling. I'm at the stage now I will only buy something if I know I have the time to read it.

I know the feeling. I'm at the stage now I will only buy something if I know I have the time to read it.
    I do that then buy more saying oh I am going to read it, and then yeah, my goal is to not buy anymore until I make a huge dent in the ones I have not read, I am wondering if there is going to be a book or movie about Kobe's plane crash.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aloha1.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	55193
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Jeez, I sure remember this. I had just gotten back from Hawaii when this happened. I remember reading from one of the survivors around row 5 that he was giving his cup back to chief flight attendant, Clarabelle "C.B." Lansing, when all of the sudden she went airborne through the hole. I don't think they ever found that poor girl.
    If you look closely at this picture of Aloha flight 243, or if you look at close-ups of the first window behind the missing fuselage, you'll see a bloodstain in the shape of a silhouette of a head with a trail of a blood spray behind. Any thoughts on exactly how Clarabelle Lansing died? I'm thinking the moment her head exited the fuselage, exposure to the 400 mph wind smashed her head onto the side of the plane, apparently crushing her head and maybe severing a carotid artery, while also breaking her neck. That's a lot of blood loss to occur in a very short period of time. Sounds like a gruesome way to die, but at least it would have been very quick.

Yesterday marked the 43rd anniversary of the crash of flight PSA 182, we drove right by the memorial that is mentioned in the story below, we live just blocks from where the impact and crash happened, didn't get a chance to stop as there was no where to park, may go by at some point to see if the memorial is still up. https://www.10news.com/news/local-ne...rd-anniversary

Yesterday marked the 43rd anniversary of the crash of flight PSA 182, we drove right by the memorial that is mentioned in the story below, we live just blocks from where the impact and crash happened, didn't get a chance to stop as there was no where to park, may go by at some point to see if the memorial is still up. https://www.10news.com/news/local-ne...rd-anniversary
    There is a DVD about the crash called Return to Dwight And Nile: The Crash Of PSA Flight 182. The director talks to many people including families of victims, emergency service people who had to help with recovery and witnesses as well as the media and people who were PSA employees at the time. Reviews of it are very complimentary with the majority saying it isn't explotative like some documentaries can be and is a fitting tribute.

ShellC, I have talked to a few people that live in the same houses as when the crash happened, well the houses that were rebuilt and they told me when they found out I was a paranormal investigator that since the crash, they have paranormal things happening in their homes and outside..such as seeing figures that vanish quickly, hearing screams and crying, loud boom like something blew up or crashed, smell of smoke and jet fuel, footsteps, doors opening and closing, people yelling for help.

Flashbacks of what happened here in Northpark with PSA Flight 182, though not as devastating it's still sad, two dead and many homes burned.
    A twin-engine Cessna crashed in a residential neighborhood near San Diego on Monday afternoon, killing at least two people and setting multiple houses on fire, authorities said.
    One of the victims was a UPS driver. The pilot, a cardiologist from Arizona, died as well.
    Dr. Sugata Das also owned the plane that crashed shortly after noon on a residential corner in Santee, about 20 miles northeast of downtown San Diego, Yuma Regional Medical Center said.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/plane-cra...201334367.html
    So Santee is 21 miles from me as I am a mile from downtown San Diego.

ShellC, I have talked to a few people that live in the same houses as when the crash happened, well the houses that were rebuilt and they told me when they found out I was a paranormal investigator that since the crash, they have paranormal things happening in their homes and outside..such as seeing figures that vanish quickly, hearing screams and crying, loud boom like something blew up or crashed, smell of smoke and jet fuel, footsteps, doors opening and closing, people yelling for help.
    I've heard that too. There is seemingly an alley/alcove where a lot of the remains landed that many say is very rife with activity. It seems to be quite common with crashes as the AA 191 crash in Chicago back in 1979 has many of the same kind of stories...people smelling gasoline, knocks on the doors and windows of the trailer park that is next to the airport then nobody being there. People wearing older style clothes wallking around then disappearing....

I ended up buying the DVD I was talking about in my previous comment. I had wanted to see it for a while but the import from the US to UK was too expensive for me. Thankfully the director had it on Etsy so I got it for just over £20.

If I wouldn't get hit by a car, Shellc, I would take a picture of the wall where a few bodies hit, and pictures of said area..

That’s American Airlines 191, the DC-10 which crashed on May 25, 1979. The plane crashed on take off after losing one of it’s wing mounted engines. In Elk Grove Village, a suburb in Chicago where the plane crashed, for a period time they’d see strange blue lights around the crash site at night which couldn’t be explained.

It’s interesting to note that a given flight number would be temporarily retired after a crash. American 191 crashed May 25, 1979, and Delta 191 crashed in August 1985, just six years later. Usually they keep them distanced a bit more than six years.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Thanks Aviatrix! Its good seeing you here again

Lost Plane Found in Melted Glacier

The extreme heat in Switzerland is melting glaciers at such a rate that wreckage from a plane crash more than 50 years ago and human remains are being discovered.

Lost plane wreck and bodies emerge after glacier melts and reveals its secrets (msn.com)
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

wow cindy that is great that the dead are finally going to be buried and whatever family is left alive will finally have closure, once they know who they are.

It is.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It probably won't be the only one discovered either.

It probably won't be the only one discovered either.
    You got that right.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD