Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3676838485
Results 4,201 to 4,217 of 4217

Thread: Aviation

  1. #4201
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,011
    The news is making like the Beechcraft Corp. King Air 350 is a small plane. It's not. https://prijet.com/performance/Beech...ng%20Air%20350
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  2. #4202
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,462
    The news is always making like something.

  3. #4203
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,650
    I moved 10 dead in Addison plane crash thread to here from other notable figures thread, as it is about a plane crash.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  4. #4204
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    13,011
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The news is always making like something.
    Ain't that the truth.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  5. #4205
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    OK - where bows and arrows are broken
    Posts
    1,782
    I wanted to make a post about the most poignant aviation story of 2019.

    A SWA captain's son brings back home his father's who was KIA in Laos in 1967. Grab a hanky as this is quite an beautiful story.

    Just a note: VASA Aviation's captioning a lot of the time is inaccurate. But you'll still get the whole story.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=54W22gT7-R8
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

    My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

    Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.




  6. #4206
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,650
    Pass the tissue please. I am so glad he was found and brought home.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  7. #4207
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,462
    I have a mention of the Delta Airlines Flight 191 in my crime novel. I like to add a bit of pop culture in my modern era books. This crash happened the day after A Deadly Spill of Scarlet opens.

    According to wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_...nes_Flight_191

    Delta Air Lines Flight 191 was a regularly scheduled Delta Air Lines domestic service from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Los Angeles with an intermediate stop at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). On August 2, 1985, the Lockheed L-1011 TriStar operating Flight 191 encountered a microburst while on approach to land at DFW. The aircraft struck the ground over a mile short of the runway, struck a car near the airport, and then collided with two water tanks and disintegrated. The crash killed 137 people and injured 28 others.[a] The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) determined that the crash resulted from the flight crew's decision to fly through a thunderstorm, the lack of procedures or training to avoid or escape microbursts, and the lack of hazard information on wind shear.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-14-2020 at 10:18 AM.

  8. #4208
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,650
    I do believe flight 191 is also the one that people see ghosts in the crash area.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  9. #4209
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,462
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I do believe flight 191 is also the one that people see ghosts in the crash area.
    IDK, but the flight number is supposedly haunted. https://airlinegeeks.com/2015/09/15/...of-flight-191/

    Also found this video about haunted airports and crash sites.. I didn't watch much of it because I'm so tired I'm fixing to fall out of my chair.


  10. #4210
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I do believe flight 191 is also the one that people see ghosts in the crash area.
    Yeah it was the AA 191 crash from 1979 at O'Hare.

    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    IDK, but the flight number is supposedly haunted. https://airlinegeeks.com/2015/09/15/...of-flight-191/

    Also found this video about haunted airports and crash sites.. I didn't watch much of it because I'm so tired I'm fixing to fall out of my chair.

    I watched it a while back. It's one of those that give you the facts that are out there and lets you decide for yourself whether it's real or not.

  11. #4211
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,650
    Nice I"ll have to watch it later. Thanks Cindy, oh also if you want another haunted crash, look up the Ghost of flight 401, they made a movie of it and I have the book. Here is the wiki link about flight 401
    and it has been confirmed that Bob Loft and crew members are the Ghosts that are seen on the other planes that used parts of the crashed 401

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Air_Lines_Flight_401



    Last edited by pkstracy; 06-14-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  12. #4212
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    35,462
    I watched a video on youtube years ago about plane crashes in general, but it also mentioned the one that were rumored to be haunted. Flight 401 was detailed.

  13. #4213
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Nice I"ll have to watch it later. Thanks Cindy, oh also if you want another haunted crash, look up the Ghost of flight 401, they made a movie of it and I have the book. Here is the wiki link about flight 401
    and it has been confirmed that Bob Loft and crew members are the Ghosts that are seen on the other planes that used parts of the crashed 401

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Air_Lines_Flight_401



    I got it from the library years ago. I don't want to spoil for those who haven't read it but it's worth the read as it goes into details about the crash and the fall out from the hauntings.

  14. #4214
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I got it from the library years ago. I don't want to spoil for those who haven't read it but it's worth the read as it goes into details about the crash and the fall out from the hauntings.
    good find.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  15. #4215
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,650
    I have the book on kindle ShellC, haven't read it yet, so many books so l little time, with all the books I have I am afraid I'll die before I get them all read and I keep buying more LOL
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  16. #4216
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I have the book on kindle ShellC, haven't read it yet, so many books so l little time, with all the books I have I am afraid I'll die before I get them all read and I keep buying more LOL
    I know the feeling. I'm at the stage now I will only buy something if I know I have the time to read it.

  17. #4217
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,650
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I know the feeling. I'm at the stage now I will only buy something if I know I have the time to read it.
    I do that then buy more saying oh I am going to read it, and then yeah, my goal is to not buy anymore until I make a huge dent in the ones I have not read, I am wondering if there is going to be a book or movie about Kobe's plane crash.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •