Thread: Belinda Carlisle

death hag dee Guest

Belinda Carlisle

Heaven is still having a nose says Belinda Carlisle as she admits to 30-year drug habit

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 1:18 PM on 6th February 2011

Eighties pop star Belinda Carlisle has admitted her 30-year-drug habit was so severe sheâ??s lucky to still â??have a noseâ??.
    She also revealed she had a secret ten-year affair with the late rock star Michael Hutchence.
    Miss Carlisle, 52, said she stopped taking drugs only when it was a â??matter of life and deathâ??.

Lucky: Belinda Carlisle, 52, said she stopped taking drugs only when it was a 'matter of life and death' and has now been drug-free for six years

The star, whose hits included Heaven Is A Place On Earth, said: â??Iâ??m surprised I have a nose, and a brain that works most of the time, and that I never ended up in jail, because I should have with the things I did.

More...

â??But those days of debauchery are behind me now.â??
    Speaking of her ten-year friendship with womaniser Hutchence, who died aged 37 after fathering daughter Tiger Lily with Paula Yates, she said: â??It was more friendship, but I guess you could say romance. He was a heartbreaker, totally. But I was smart enough not to be too serious about someone like that because heâ??d just break your heart.â??

In their prime: Belinda Carlisle has revealed how she had a ten year friendship with rocker Michael Hutchence that became more of a romance. She claims the singer, who died aged 37, was a total heartbreaker

Hutchence, who was found dead in his Sydney hotel room in 1997, also dated pop singer Kylie Minogue and supermodel Helena Christensen.
    Miss Carlisle, who has been drug-free for six years, said: â??He had a charisma Iâ??ve never seen in anyone else. There was a moment in 1984 when I had a flash that he wasnâ??t long for this earth. I saw him just before his death and that sparkle was gone. I wasnâ??t really surprised when he died.â??

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz1DCJi6T1m

lisalouver Guest
    I read her book Lips Unsealed that came out last year in which she admitted to all of this...

I dont think that any of this was really shocking to me.

I always loved her and thought she was so beautiful. Matter of fact, she looks better today than she ever did.

Forever-27 Guest
    dam, that guy from inxs really was a player. he got around.

Belinda was great. Just could never see her doing blow. But ive seen her and the go-gos women doing interviews and they all said the early 80s were a blur of sex and drugs.

Belinda is fun. If Farraha Fawcett had been a musican shed be Belinda and vice versa.

knothere Guest
    luky bitch lol
    id die on my first line n have affairs with lawrence welk lol

i heard her say she met her husband while on an acid trip

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Could you imagine if Belinda and Charlie Sheen ever dated?

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    I read her book Lips Unsealed that came out last year in which she admitted to all of this...

I always loved her and thought she was so beautiful. Matter of fact, she looks better today than she ever did.
    old news and yes, she looks great.

Has anyone seen the infamous bootleg footage of the Go-Go's backstage doing coke and humiliating a male groupie?

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Has anyone seen the infamous bootleg footage of the Go-Go's backstage doing coke and humiliating a male groupie?
    I've heard of it but never seen it... Is it online anywhere?

I have seen it. Not a sober soul in the room.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

RaRaRamona Guest

She was always my least favorite. I loved the GoGos! i just really hated her.

She definitely looks better than ever now. She's gotten hot with age.

LOL I thought of that very thing when I read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    I've heard of it but never seen it... Is it online anywhere?
    I did a quick search but didnt find anything. It was in there Behind the Music, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat MaGroin View Post
    Could you imagine if Belinda and Charlie Sheen ever dated?
    Ha! The world would never be the same....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hez Guest
    Is she still with her Husband?

I turned down a chance to go with my brothers and some friends to met her and the rest of the Go-Gos after a show in the 80's. All I missed was her and the rest of the Go-Gos (minus Jane, she took off as fast as she could when the show ended) openly doing drugs, including Heroin (Gina), and drinking and drinking.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I have seen it. Not a sober soul in the room.

me, too. on a public access channel in nyc. they were FUCKED up.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    Is she still with her Husband?
    yep. morgan mason, son of james and brother of portland and son of pamela...phew.

oh, and mother of duke mason, her son who is out.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Her son looks like Godrick from True Blood. Is he an actor?

She looks pretty good for doing drugs for 30 years.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    She looks pretty good for doing drugs for 30 years.
    Yeah, she does! Charlie Sheen has been doing the wrong drugs (though I don't see Belinda's teeth here....)

CORONERGAL Guest
    I think I saw it a few years ago. Isn't that the one where she talks about masterbating and then actually DOES it on camera?

lisalouver Guest
    She is still with the hubby, yes. However, according to her book they almost didnt make it. He seems like a good guy. He's British if I am not mistaken and I think they still live in the UK or Europe.

I still remember when I saw her "mad about you" video (on ::cough:: MTV) with a black turtleneck on, and I thought she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. I wanted to look like that when I grew up (didn't happen).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    I still remember when I saw her "mad about you" video (on ::cough:: MTV) with a black turtleneck on, and I thought she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. I wanted to look like that when I grew up (didn't happen).
    YES!

I dyed my hair red and got it cut just like hers in that video myself. Somehow, I didnt look the same?

She always had such a wholesome look about her and has aged well.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Yes! I was like . Classy!

My friend had a centerfold/photo spread thingie of her hanging in his 'spare' room. (Nothing but nudie pics and comic book covers on the walls, LOL.) He'd gaze up at her longingly all the time. She had nice boobs.
    Last edited by Nessa; 02-07-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Hez Guest
    She once asked me directions when she was in Sheffield years ago. She was quite wrinkly close up and had chubby legs. Very polite though. I didn't realise who she was until she walked away. Duh!

Hey, if shes sober now, THAT'S a miracle!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

I have to agree, her book, "Lips Unsealed" is REALLY good. Lots of great stuff about her life and celebrity gossip. She even talks about the time that David Lee Roth tried to pick up on her and she turned him down!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Yes! I was like . Classy!

My friend had a centerfold/photo spread thingie of her hanging in his 'spare' room. (Nothing but nudie pics and comic book covers on the walls, LOL.) He'd gaze up at her longingly all the time. She had nice boobs.
    Playboy? My husband's bandmate brought that issue over when we first started dating. After contemplating the tackiness of that act, I did flip through. I didn't like the major airbrushing, but the pin up style was cute.

Elizabeth Guest
    So glad I am not the only one who copied her hair style back in the day....

I always thought she was a good pop singer.....really liked the Go-Gos and the Bangles.....not surprised about her drug use, seems like it wasn't much of a secret....

The video everybody is referencing was shown on a Behind The Music, and honestly pretty tame as far as backstage video.....if it were a male group, it would have deserved a yawn....

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Playboy? My husband's bandmate brought that issue over when we first started dating. After contemplating the tackiness of that act, I did flip through. I didn't like the major airbrushing, but the pin up style was cute.
    Yeah, I think it was Playboy!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

FannyB1923 Guest
    She is still with the hubby, yes. However, according to her book they almost didnt make it. He seems like a good guy. He's British if I am not mistaken and I think they still live in the UK or Europe.
    She's married to Morgan Mason, son of James and Pamela Mason. I used to watch him on his mother's show when he was still a little boy.Pamela was the daughter of a wealthy British industrialist- like fabulously wealthy. I don't know much about him but pictured him as sort of "Alex P. Keaton" come to life- the young conservative man about town!
    He was acting US Chief of Protocol for a few months during the Reagan years. Used to date Louise Fletcher too.

It makes me sad to think that they're now coming up on their 25th anniversary and Belinda suffered from addiction for such a long time. Wonderful that they're still together- so here's to their next 25!

Found this funny guide from 1977 on how to look punk:
    http://www.kompost.ru/files/file53145479.pdf

Im totally sure that the girl in the middle on the cover is Belinda Carlisle.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Okay yeah it is her back when she went by "Dottie Danger".
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I read her book and pretty much am now in awe of her.

Before, I was obviously familiar with her music both solo and with the band. I knew about her limited time in The Germs, etc. Still, the book was really amazing, especially how honest she was. It was interesting to read how she had justified the drug use to herself and how she kept it hidden.

I met her son one night when out, he's a really nice kid. Seems extremely well adjusted.

I saw her perform last night and she still has got it going on. Gorgeous doesn't even begin to describe her. It was really cool that her son was in the audience cheering for her and clapping and going crazy just like any other fan. I think that says a lot about the job she did raising him, despite her own personal issues with drugs and alcohol. She told the audience, "If you see my son, please keep an eye on him". I thought that was sweet.

She turned 55 today.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    She turned 55 today.
    And still touring - coolness!