Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Strange Addiction (A&E-Show)

laynesgrl Guest

My Strange Addiction (A&E-Show)

Anyone here watching "My Strange Addiction" on A&E? I have heard of people being addicted to eating toilet paper and such, but the lady who can only sleep if her blow dryer is in her bed with her really blows my mind!!!

KarmaKat Guest
    Some people are addicted to some really strange stuff.
    It really makes you wonder........

Nelliebean Guest
    Eating the tp was gross enough for me. Is it a texture thing?

It is on right now and we are watching Dog so I am DVRing it. I think the woman who eats TP might have a disease called pica. I am extremely curious about the woman and the blow dryer!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

JudyAnn Guest
    I watched this - I want to suggest to the lady with the blow dryer addiction to buy a noise machine and a heating pad or electric blanket. Either that, or talk to a firefighter about the risks of her mattress catching on fire. She's a mom, this should scare her enough.

This is kind of a dumb show. I much prefer Hoarders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post

That's what she said. It melts on her tongue. I can't stand inhaling TP lint when I blow my nose with it. This lady is NUTS!

Desertrose Guest
    It melts on her tongue. So does cotton candy.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyAnn View Post
    I watched this - I want to suggest to the lady with the blow dryer addiction to buy a noise machine and a heating pad or electric blanket. Either that, or talk to a firefighter about the risks of her mattress catching on fire. She's a mom, this should scare her enough.

This is kind of a dumb show. I much prefer Hoarders.
    I watched both episodes last night and I agree with you JudyAnn. I doubt I'll watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post

fiber, not texture, and self wiping.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    I want to see this show. I saw a trailer about the woman who eats powdered cleanser---what I wonder about people whose pica craving is for soap and cleansers, why don't they get screaming diarrhea?? I thought soap was a laxative.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Lady View Post
    I want to see this show. I saw a trailer about the woman who eats powdered cleanser---what I wonder about people whose pica craving is for soap and cleansers, why don't they get screaming diarrhea?? I thought soap was a laxative.
    And stomach ulcers or worse? I have her episode on the DVR but for some reason I can't bring myself to watch it.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

On an upcoming show, they show a woman eating couch cushions! WTF!

I saw the TP one, and they were able to get her down to only eating it twice a week! It's for butt-wiping - not eating, lady!

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    On an upcoming show, they show a woman eating couch cushions! WTF!

I saw the TP one, and they were able to get her down to only eating it twice a week! It's for butt-wiping - not eating, lady!
    Maybe she thinking digesting it is a shortcut.

silverwaif77 Guest
    I just don't get the eating tp thing.
    It never occurred to me that you could EAT it. It is in no way appetizing looking, rice cakes have more flavor I imagine. I wonder if it gets all bound up into a big ball in your guts, like when you take a wad of tp and wet it and it just becomes this big mass. This show is really pushing the bizarre factor. I still wanna see this person eating couch cushions!

WendyK Guest
    Some of the shows just seem plain stupid! The lady thats " addicted" to puppet or the other person that always wears a mask... Dumb
    I am addicted to eating Chap Stick brand Original in the black tube..

i am addicted to sleep. have to have it every night

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    i am addicted to sleep. have to have it every night
    You too?

I'm also addicted to air, food, water, and any unattended chocolate.

Pity me. nyuk nyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Some of the shows just seem plain stupid! The lady thats " addicted" to puppet
    When I saw the puppet lady one, all I could think about was that new Mel Gibson movie coming out called, "The Beaver", since after watching the dreadful trailer on it, it's just like that...

BigBootyJudy Guest
    I don't get any of this . None of these things are addictions they are all complusions. Apparently there was no room for these people on that "Obsessed" show. As for the dirt and detergent eaters its a condition known as Pica which is the compulsion to eat any non-nutritive substances and that it was found in people who had severe iron deficiencies. It seems to me that these people are a bunch of attention whores.

Seagorath Guest
    Anyone here addicted to biting their own toenails at the dinner table?

Jacksmum Guest
    *snort*

LOL!!

I have heard of people almost going bald because they pull out their hair and eat it. And yes they get a big hair ball in their stomach or guts. Sorry for being so gross.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    LOL!!

I have heard of people almost going bald because they pull out their hair and eat it. And yes they get a big hair ball in their stomach or guts. Sorry for being so gross.
    I believe it is called trichotillomania. Not everyone pulls out there hair and eats it. Some people with this problem just pull out there hair...sometimes till they are bald. Yes it sounds crazy, but someone in my family has this same problem.

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBootyJudy View Post
    I don't get any of this . None of these things are addictions they are all complusions. Apparently there was no room for these people on that "Obsessed" show. As for the dirt and detergent eaters its a condition known as Pica which is the compulsion to eat any non-nutritive substances and that it was found in people who had severe iron deficiencies. It seems to me that these people are a bunch of attention whores.

I had pica last spring when I was severely anemic. I had an overwhelming desire to eat blackboard chalk. After a blood transfusion and lots of iron supplements, the craving went away. Weird.

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cat Lady View Post
    I had pica last spring when I was severely anemic. I had an overwhelming desire to eat blackboard chalk. After a blood transfusion and lots of iron supplements, the craving went away. Weird.
    Exactly! That is great you got it taken care of!. The detergent, chalk and dirt eating has been found to be linked to mineral deficiencies. Its as though your body can sense the missing phosphates and minerals in these various substances and want you to ingest them to get rid of the craving. When I lost alot of weight (about 100 pounds) back in the nineties my mom used this powdered detergent that I had the strange sensation of wanting to taste. I never did but it was apparent that I was missing something in my diet and I immediately went and bought some good vitamins and the urge went away.

This must be the show I surfed-stop for a bit last night. A couple of teenagers liked wearing fuzzy animal heads and tails out and about in public. It showed the Mom talking to her daughter about how she is worried about her mental health and this girl is stroking the ears of her furry head piece like she was masturbating. Strange show.

Paige B Guest
    Did anybody watch the episode last night where the woman was obsessed with death??? She dressed in black, wore black lipstick (ooooooh scary!!) and loved reading obituaries and stories about death, going to cemeteries, etc. She even has her funeral planned!! Her friend that was with her was trying to "help" her by saying "lets talk about happy things!". The woman essentially said back off! I enjoy the subject of death. Leave me alone!

During the entire show, my husband kept looking at me and laughing. He said my god Paige, this is so you! I have to admit, I watched the show and thought what the hell is wrong with any of that!?!?! LOL

Death Hags Rule!

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    I believe it is called trichotillomania. Not everyone pulls out there hair and eats it. Some people with this problem just pull out there hair...sometimes till they are bald. Yes it sounds crazy, but someone in my family has this same problem.

My mom has a mild form. It's only her eyebrows and she doesn't actually ingest the hair just pulls it out.

Jacksmum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige B View Post
    I have to admit, I watched the show and thought what the hell is wrong with any of that!?!?! LOL

Death Hags Rule!
    I haven't watched the show but agree with you. I don't have my funeral planned nor do I wear black lipstick but other than that I guess you could call me somewhat obsessed.

DonnaMc Guest
    I have never watched that show but I do love Dog the Bounty Hunter on A & E!
    Last edited by DonnaMc; 02-10-2011 at 07:47 AM.

I don't think I've seen that one but there was another show on another channel where the guy only ate raw meat, I almost threw up about 10 times watching the show. Eventually I had to just turn away when he ate it. oh yuckk.

I have dealt with Trichotillomania. It's super embarrassing when I realize I've pulled the outsides of my eyelashes out! I don't eat them or anything, that would be gross, but sometimes I just can't help but pull them out! I once pulled all my eyelashes out and had to wear fake ones. It's like they hurt and it feels better to pull them out... The feeling comes and goes. I hadn't done it in a really long time and then just the other day, I started again.

Also, I saw the episode last night with the makeup and death lady. Did anyone else think makeup lady looked way younger when she took it off?! The green eyeliner makes her look like trash.

jaylene Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige B View Post
    Did anybody watch the episode last night where the woman was obsessed with death??? She dressed in black, wore black lipstick (ooooooh scary!!) and loved reading obituaries and stories about death, going to cemeteries, etc. She even has her funeral planned!! Her friend that was with her was trying to "help" her by saying "lets talk about happy things!". The woman essentially said back off! I enjoy the subject of death. Leave me alone!

During the entire show, my husband kept looking at me and laughing. He said my god Paige, this is so you! I have to admit, I watched the show and thought what the hell is wrong with any of that!?!?! LOL

Death Hags Rule!
    I gotta admit I thought of you Paige when I seen her story. Because of
    the cemetary thing. I was even gonna ask if it was you.

Paige B Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    I gotta admit I thought of you Paige when I seen her story. Because of
    the cemetary thing. I was even gonna ask if it was you.
    LOL! Ha! Nope...not me, but coulda been me! ;-)
    Besides, I would have mentioned what I do for a living AND brought up the FAD website!

Reecy Guest
    Oh no............ I pulled my hair out as a kid, I ate Ajax as a kid, Now with the death haggy thing. Television here I come!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Haha I was gonna ask which one of was the death lady!

I do think it's strange to have pics of dead people all around your simple bc they are dead. And playing with your dead cat's ashes? hmm

The makeup lady was hysterical. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I don't think I've seen that one but there was another show on another channel where the guy only ate raw meat, I almost threw up about 10 times watching the show. Eventually I had to just turn away when he ate it. oh yuckk.
    Didnt Montgomery Clift eat only raw meat due to some stomach or bowel condition?
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soaring_butterfly View Post
    I have dealt with Trichotillomania. It's super embarrassing when I realize I've pulled the outsides of my eyelashes out! I don't eat them or anything, that would be gross, but sometimes I just can't help but pull them out! I once pulled all my eyelashes out and had to wear fake ones. It's like they hurt and it feels better to pull them out... The feeling comes and goes. I hadn't done it in a really long time and then just the other day, I started again.

Also, I saw the episode last night with the makeup and death lady. Did anyone else think makeup lady looked way younger when she took it off?! The green eyeliner makes her look like trash.
    I was so surprised how much younger she looked without makeup too. I would be embarrassed to be seen with her with all that crap on.

I thought it was hilarious that the green-eyeliner lady wouldn't give away her beauty "secrets"... Bitch, you were using Wet'n'Wild! I can get that stuff for $1.99 at Wal-Mart.

I loved how offended she seemed when the tattoo artist was like, "... Green?"
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Mwahaha I know! Personally, if I was the makeup artist, I wouldn't do it. I couldn't live with myself thinking I might be permanently marking her in what she would most likely consider a mistake in the future!

I've known people around my hometown that wore sh*t like that. Tra-shy. Call me stuck up, but I WOULD be sure NOT to be seen with her!

Hahaha.... Beauty "secrets"....

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    I thought it was hilarious that the green-eyeliner lady wouldn't give away her beauty "secrets"... Bitch, you were using Wet'n'Wild! I can get that stuff for $1.99 at Wal-Mart.

I loved how offended she seemed when the tattoo artist was like, "... Green?"
    LOL I forgot about that.

jaylene Guest
    That was her "beauty secret" wet n wild and a paintbrush.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    LOL I forgot about that.
    And the therapist who told her to be "subtle" with her makeup. Yeah that ain't happening.

I was really confused that she would SLEEP in makeup. For someone so obsessed with her appearance, doesn't she realize that leaving on globs and globs of cheap-ass eyeliner (or any makeup, really) can age your skin? The skin around your eyes is super thin.

Can you imagine how much makeup she GOES through? Or what her PILLOWS look like in the morning? She must buy that green shit in bulk.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post

And the therapist who told her to be "subtle" with her makeup. Yeah that ain't happening.

I was really confused that she would SLEEP in makeup. For someone so obsessed with her appearance, doesn't she realize that leaving on globs and globs of cheap-ass eyeliner (or any makeup, really) can age your skin? The skin around your eyes is super thin.

Can you imagine how much makeup she GOES through? Or what her PILLOWS look like in the morning? She must buy that green shit in bulk.
    Yeah she didn't say one word about skincare. Shocker.

Who is she wearing all that crap for anyway? It's not like she's got a man there who she is afraid to let see her bare faced. I could understand it better if she slept in it so her man would think she was naturally blessed with two layers of bronzer & a quart of green ink around her eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Yeah she didn't say one word about skincare. Shocker.

Who is she wearing all that crap for anyway? It's not like she's got a man there who she is afraid to let see her bare faced. I could understand it better if she slept in it so her man would think she was naturally blessed with two layers of bronzer & a quart of green ink around her eyes.
    Most men seem to be more attracted to women with a subtle (there's that word again) makeup look anyway!

And just when I think I've seen it all...

They had an episode tonight of a woman eating her dead husband's ashes! Out of the 6 lbs of it - since was down to about five! She'd lick her finger and dip it into the bag and then lick the ashed finger off!

My stomach was in a knot the entire 30 minutes...gross!

MorbidChrissy Guest
    I don't know how some of those people haven't died from their addictions. Eating bathroom cleaner? Detergent?? Glass??? Yikes.

MorbidChrissy Guest

They had an episode tonight of a woman eating her dead husband's ashes! Out of the 6 lbs of it - since was down to about five! She'd lick her finger and dip it into the bag and then lick the ashed finger off!

Ewww, that is absolutely disgusting!

I saw that preview during Toddlers and Tiaras and I THOUGHT she was doing that but I wasn't sure!! OMG!!