Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ronni Chasen - Top Hollywood Publicist

I'm late to the post but maybe, I dunno, somebody else shot the poor lady and got rid of the gun, sold it to somebody or threw it. Then this man gets the gun, either finds it somewhere or else it changes hands and he buys it or trades for it.? *scratches pointy hed*

Hippo Guest
    To Moon:

Your guess is as good as mine. The police are swearing this is cut-and-dried, but I am not comfortable with the explanation given. I don't think it's credible.

Jackalope Guest
    Are they still saying she was shot at the corner of Sunset? That's a heck of a long drive with 5 bullets in you!

burgtwngrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    What don't add up? The hitman scenario still dont even have a motive

I agree it's still all a big mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I'm late to the post but maybe, I dunno, somebody else shot the poor lady and got rid of the gun, sold it to somebody or threw it. Then this man gets the gun, either finds it somewhere or else it changes hands and he buys it or trades for it.? *scratches pointy hed*
    Good thought! An ex con buys a gun on the black market, realizes that it could be the one (or was told) that killed Chasen, cops trace the gun (somehow) to this dude, he didn't want to go back to prison, but he sure looks guilty with the murder weapon in his possession, so he offs himself.

Could happen. It's as plausible as anything else!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Anything's plausible. But IMHO, it probably is as simple as this:

Smith served 2 terms in prison for violent crimes. Why? Because he sucked at being a criminal and got caught.

Smith owned a bike and rode it everywhere. It was his only mode of transportation. Witnesses said they saw a man on a bike hanging out near the crime scene.

Smith starting bragging about killing Chasen. Why? Again, he sucked at being a criminal and has a big mouth.

Cops confront Smith. Smith kills himself with the same gun that Chasen was killed with. Why? Because he sucked being a criminal and obviously sucked at prison life and didn't want to go back.

As far as the 10 grand that he kept saying he was getting? Probably ramblings of a nut. Just like his ramblings of "going down in a blaze of glory" if he was to go to prison again. Neither happened.

The above is just my humble opinion. But it could be as simple as that.
    Cindy

Buttercup, what you said makes absolute sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    Buttercup, what you said makes absolute sense.

Thanks Maxster. Just wanted to add about the gun. Was it coincidence that he had the murder weapon. Nah, Smith wasn't smart enough to get rid of the gun after the crime. As a criminal, he simply sucked. I bet the LAPD wishes all cases were this easy.

Just my humble opinion.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 12-23-2010 at 01:40 PM.
    Cindy

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Anything's plausible. But IMHO, it probably is as simple as this:

Smith served 2 terms in prison for violent crimes. Why? Because he sucked at being a criminal and got caught.

Smith owned a bike and rode it everywhere. It was his only mode of transportation. Witnesses said they saw a man on a bike hanging out near the crime scene.

Smith starting bragging about killing Chasen. Why? Again, he sucked at being a criminal and has a big mouth.

Cops confront Smith. Smith kills himself with the same gun that Chasen was killed with. Why? Because he sucked being a criminal and obviously sucked at prison life and didn't want to go back.

As far as the 10 grand that he kept saying he was getting? Probably ramblings of a nut. Just like his ramblings of "going down in a blaze of glory" if he was to go to prison again. Neither happened.

The above is just my humble opinion. But it could be as simple as that.
    I agree, except the money part. He told the tipster he was going to receive $10,000 for 'doing a job'.

About being handicapped, it will be interesting to find out. The reason why I asked is because I've read that rich people there get "handicapped" signs so they can park wherever they want.

I hope that's not the case.

Someone said above about him buying the gun afterward... I don't know. Anything is possible. I wouldn't buy a gun if someone told me they had just killed some big-time Hollywood publicist with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    I agree, except the money part. He told the tipster he was going to receive $10,000 for 'doing a job'.

About being handicapped, it will be interesting to find out. The reason why I asked is because I've read that rich people there get "handicapped" signs so they can park wherever they want.

I hope that's not the case.

Someone said above about him buying the gun afterward... I don't know. Anything is possible. I wouldn't buy a gun if someone told me they had just killed some big-time Hollywood publicist with it though.
    I read that Chasen had 2 hip surgeries. The first several years ago from an injury at a mall, and another one earlier this year.
    Cindy

Flowergrrl Guest
    I read that Chasen had 2 hip surgeries. The first several years ago from an injury at a mall, and another one earlier this year.
    Hopefully that is the reason why and not what I've read. That would be a pretty mean thing to do.

I gather nothing came from the CCTV footage?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Giada Guest
    Neil the last article I read in the LA Times stated info would not be released until the case was closed. This would include footage, autopsy report, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Neil the last article I read in the LA Times stated info would not be released until the case was closed. This would include footage, autopsy report, etc.
    Thanks for the tip. A little weird though right? They often release a lot of this stuff to the public during an investigation, especially when they are thin on leads or evidence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Thanks Frazzzld Kat! I didn't think she was handicapped but, then again it might not be something you can see. I was asking because she has a handicapped sign hanging from the rear-view mirror of her car.
    Wow I didn't even notice that. Good catch!

I read that Roni had hip replacement surgery. She was to undergo another one in the future. That's probably why she had a handicapped sign.
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

motorpsycho Guest
    I heard a theory somewhere on the corner of the internets about her brother, Larry Cohen, being implicated as having played a role in this whole thing. Allegedly, he's a gambling addict or has some ties to organized crime and might have had her killed so he could get ahold of her network, perhaps to pay off some gambling debt.

But maybe that's just a strange rumor. Who knows...

Hippo Guest
    To Motorpsycho:

That explanation makes more sense to me than the one the police are giving.

1karenhb Guest
    Tonight is the gala opening night party for the Palm Springs International Film Festival in which she played a large part in securing stars to appear the last few years. She was very good friends with one of the founders and director of the film fest. A tribute will be given. Some of those attending are Colin Firth, Helen Mirren, Natalie Portman, Javier Bardem, Jake G. (the hard to spell name), Mark Wahlberg, Robert Duvall and Ben Affleck. I'm not really buying the police version either. I don't think we'll ever know the real truth about her murder.

Last edited by cash; 01-19-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Giada Guest
    No surprises here ... autopsy report should be released at this point.

Hippo Guest
    The night that Ronni Chasen was murdered, she was at the premiere of the movie called "Burlesque" because she represented one of the songwriters that she wanted to get noticed for award season.

That client, Diane Warren, just won a Golden Globe award for her song. She dedicated her win to Ronni.

What was his motive since her purse and valuables were still with her? Was it a thrill killing?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

nicole7579 Guest

I do too, but that one was boring

Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post

Wow; her niece must've pissed her off.

Hippo Guest
    To Karma:

If the police are correct, Mr. Smith shot her, expecting the car to stay still. He would then have grabbed her valuables. However, Ms. Chasen was able to drive off a short distance, which would have thwarted Mr. Smith's plan.

This case doesn't pass the smell test. Any case that seems too easy, turns out to have been easy because someone wanted the case closed quickly and/or it was made to look easy on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    To Karma:

If the police are correct, Mr. Smith shot her, expecting the car to stay still. He would then have grabbed her valuables. However, Ms. Chasen was able to drive off a short distance, which would have thwarted Mr. Smith's plan.
    Thank you for answering Hippo. That theory certainly makes sense to me.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Hippo Guest
    To Karma:

Well, it's a plausible scenario, and that's what the police are going with. But I don't believe it.

I am wishing that Scott could get to the bottom of this.

I still can't imagine that a man on a bicycle would venture so far from his home and be able to do this.

To Karma:

Well, it's a plausible scenario, and that's what the police are going with. But I don't believe it.

I am wishing that Scott could get to the bottom of this.

I still can't imagine that a man on a bicycle would venture so far from his home and be able to do this.
    Maybe it was the disinherited niece...lol
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Hippo Guest
    To Karma:

No offense to the niece, but I would believe that before I would believe the man on a bicycle scenario.

To Karma:

No offense to the niece, but I would believe that before I would believe the man on a bicycle scenario.
    It sounds much more plausible doesn't it?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Hippo Guest
    To Karma:

Usually it's someone the person knows.

A random attack by a stranger is of course possible.

If Ms. Chasen's car broke down in Mr. Smith's neighborhood, I could see this happening, but not for him to ride all those miles on a bicycle where he'd stick out like a sore thumb.

34. 01-24-2011, 08:18 PM

knothere Guest

songwriter/finger lol

Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    songwriter/finger

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    songwriter/finger lol

Got it the first time matey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

37. 01-26-2011, 10:11 PM

Giada Guest
    Ronnie Chasen murdered by stolen police gun, case closed.

http://www.thewrap.com/media/article...olen-cop-29123

Ronni Chasen's former Regency Wilshire condo on market for $1.2M...
    several photos included in link:

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2011/0...12_million.php

Hmmm bet the niece was not a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Ronnie Chasen murdered by stolen police gun, case closed.

http://www.thewrap.com/media/article...olen-cop-29123
    Judging by the detailed comments to the article, this still doesn't sit quite right. But what's the difference? The two most concerned are dead, and if anyone knows anything else, it will never come out.

To Karma:

Usually it's someone the person knows.

A random attack by a stranger is of course possible.

If Ms. Chasen's car broke down in Mr. Smith's neighborhood, I could see this happening, but not for him to ride all those miles on a bicycle where he'd stick out like a sore thumb.
    Someone I'd never met tried to carjack me in rural Oregon, and I presume my reaction (to get the hell out of there) was the same one Ms. Chasen had, only I was fortunate in that my assailant decided against using the gun I'm sure he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Ronni Chasen's former Regency Wilshire condo on market for $1.2M...
    several photos included in link:

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2011/0...12_million.php
    That apartment looks small. I would knock down the wall with the fireplace separating lounge area and that pokey dining room. Open the place up. All the artwork is off of the walls btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    That apartment looks small. I would knock down the wall with the fireplace separating lounge area and that pokey dining room. Open the place up. All the artwork is off of the walls btw.
    It does look small and quite outdated. I guess $1.2M is just enough for a near dump these days. Interesting to see the places where the artwork used to hang. Ms. Chasen's estate was approximately $10M.

It does look small and quite outdated. I guess $1.2M is just enough for a near dump these days. Interesting to see the places where the artwork used to hang. Ms. Chasen's estate was approximately $10M.
    Great location and a killer view, that will certainly bring the money. Remembering the three laws of real estate: location, location, location.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great location and a killer view, that will certainly bring the money. Remembering the three laws of real estate: location, location, location.
    True, true, true!!! The place also has some history- it would be the perfect place for a hag!!!

Wonder what the square footage is/was for the apt? Maybe they are just showing a small area in the pic. I'm sure that the master bedroom would add to just the pic of the living room.

I agree with Neil. What a view and location, location, location!
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    This should be good. I can't wait to see the excuse(s) that are given for not releasing it.

I think those aren't her belongings and what makes it look dated is the staging. A common practice of placing furnishings in a sale property to create a certain ambience. My guess is they went with this style due to her age and to convey old Hollywood. As in formal. Since they're using her former residency there as a selling point.

Yeah, that. Once the staging items are removed, a person can do it up however they want.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

Hope he gains access, especially since he's a documentary filmmaker...we will get to enjoy his take on events. Surely the BHPD wants to keep the case closed, forever, amen...suspect killed himself, easy peasy, done. But there seems to be a lot more to the story!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Autopsy finally released

"The filmmaker's suit argues that the department has already opened up its Chasen investigation file anyway, by cooperating with Beverly Hills Confidential: A Century of Stars, Scandals and Murder, a 2012 book co-authored by a BHPD officer, which devotes a chapter to the case. Its cover notes that information comes direct "from the files of the Beverly Hills police department." Chief Snowden later gave copies of Confidential as gifts."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...eleased-665386

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sit...onni%20Sue.pdf

One bullet ricocheted and struck her again from the back. Poor woman, who the hell did she piss off?