Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Picture of Possible Murder Victim Christina Watson

Strange Picture of Possible Murder Victim Christina Watson

Just saw this today. Although the husband has not been charged, it looks as if he will be

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811

Kathyf Guest
    weird

That is pretty weird. How long was her body laying there before it was discovered?

WendyK Guest
    Very interesting. Have any of you seen that movie about the couple that go scuba diving and the boat leaves them? I think it's called Open Water.

I saw that movie Open Water and it unnerved the crap outta me.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I saw that movie Open Water and it unnerved the crap outta me.
    Same Here. Imagine the helpless feeling you would have floating around drifting and sharks swarming you.

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Very interesting. Have any of you seen that movie about the couple that go scuba diving and the boat leaves them? I think it's called Open Water.
    My husband & I have been diving for 15 years & the thing that cracked us about Open Water was how there was a buoy in plain view the entire time they were stranded! A buoy is a channel marker, boats drive in channels. Also, it would have been a great thing to hold on to & even get out of the water for a spell.

different kind of girl Guest
    Was this a recent pic and her body's been there since 2003 or was this pic taken in 2003?

ManUnitedRedDevil Guest
    Not a very well written article. There are no dates for reference.

I see dead people Guest
    Yes, the article left me confused and at the same time wanting to take up scuba diving with my wife.

kafenervosa Guest
    I'm confused about this article. Did it read that the picture was taken, and they didn't know what they had photographed until it was developed? But in the same picture it shows a diver swimming to help the victim. I'm not reading or seeing something correctly.

different kind of girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by I see dead people View Post
    Yes, the article left me confused and at the same time wanting to take up scuba diving with my wife.

ha!

Cataroo Guest
    This is a little off topic ... but I noticed that the woman is from Hoover, Alabama. This is [SIZE="1"]thisclose[/SIZE] to where Natalie Holloway was from.

How's THAT for irony??

ManUnitedRedDevil Guest
    Here is a better article (but without the picture of her body) I found. From what I read in the article the picture was taken at the same time that she died and NOT years later. She was found right as the picture is being taken (you can see the guy on the left swimming down towards her). She was brought back up to a different dive boat, given CPR for 45 minutes and then taken to her original dive boat which transported her to shore. Not sure exactly how long she had been in the water by that point. I think the first article is about someone who got their vaction pictures developed and realised what they had captured on camera. Hope this clears it up a little!

http://www.cdnn.info/news/safety/s051009.html

ozgirl Guest
    It's all very suspicious. Brings back bad memories of the Longergans......

Kimmy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgirl View Post
    It's all very suspicious. Brings back bad memories of the Longergans......

In case people don't know the story.............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Eileen_Lonergan

MorbidMolly Guest
    * snort *........many unanswered questions, I`d say...

SuckMyKiss Guest
    This confuses me.

RoRo Guest
    strange case indeed

could've been the perfect crime.....a part from the technology of underwater cameras....damn!!

Lisamarie Guest
    Gosh thats a creepy pic! I knew the mother of the girl from the movie open water...that story scared the hell outta me! She was so beautiful .

Keyser Soze Guest
    Open Water was based on a true story, I remember when the real couple was left at sea- horrible and tragic story. Here is an article on it:

http://www.cdnn.info/news/article/a040723.html

And the husband was a rescue diver? Interesting indeed.

More reasons not to go into the ocean.

I do not go into the ocean. Fish have sex in there. There are lost of bodies in there, and I dont' want to swim with decomp. Then, there is the issue of the "BLUE WALL". A friend who does SCUBA described the Blue Wall to me. It's where you vision stops. BUT, anything can come from behind the Blue Wall toward you. That freaks me out. I also have a freaky fear of the continental shelf, but that's probably irrational. Oh, and a really big reason... there is no air to breath. And the creatures who live there are so weird and don't want us there and can bite us and eat us. And, microscopic things that can get into your ears... the list just keeps going. I don't think I'm on the subject... but, the ocean freaks me out and I just thought I would use this opportunity to mention it. Oh, I don't know how to swim either, so I have no business there anyway.

BabaBooey Guest

Christina Watson - Murdered by husband while diving

WARNING: Picture may be disturbing to some. It shows the victim lying motionless on the ocean floor. It's not graphic.

The following article is from the Associated Press.
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...Wvg4gD91DIC380

This is the first time I've heard of this. Seems Christina Watson and her new husband were honeymooning in Australia. They went diving off the Great Barrier Reef and she drowned. Now they are charging the husband with murder.

26. 06-20-2008, 11:59 AM

Guest Guest
    he was a rescue diver? didn't save his own wife?

Seagorath Guest
    I'm so sick of these losers who kill their spouses for insurance money...What the hell is happening to the human race?

I saw a pic of her..she was so pretty and happy looking at her wedding. I'm with you, Seagorath!

darlingdawn Guest
    I've been at the computer too long... I swore this thread read: Murdered by Husband While Driving! I was wondering what drowning had to do with anything!

Reecy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    I'm so sick of these losers who kill their spouses for insurance money...What the hell is happening to the human race?
    I say the same. There are bajillion of these cases going around. I say just get a friggin divorce and make your own money losers.

DisneyStacy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by darlingdawn View Post
    I've been at the computer too long... I swore this thread read: Murdered by Husband While Driving! I was wondering what drowning had to do with anything!
    Me too!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Was there insurance money to be had?

Maybe I missed it in the article.

If there wasn't any, what in the world is the motive?

They were just married

BabaBooey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    According to another article I read (can't find it now), the victim's mother claims that just before they were married the husband asked Christina to change the life insurance policy. Christina did not, but told her husband she did.

If this is true, and he did kill her and got away with it, I wonder how pissed he would have been when he collected the life insurance, and it wasn't what he thought it would be.

BabaBooey Guest
    Here is another article with lots of details: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...rier-Reef.html

I don't get this. What exactly is he supposed to have done to cause her death?

Guest Guest
    that sucks..... but if he did kill her.... why that way?

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by darlingdawn View Post
    I did the same thing!! I thought what a dumb a** don't shoot your driver LOL

BabaBooey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    I don't get this. What exactly is he supposed to have done to cause her death?
    "Prosecutors have suggested that Mr Watson may have switched off his wife's air supply during the dive, held her while she drowned and then turned it back on again."

cachluv Guest
    I posted this link on the 'Merge Me Please' thread:

http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2800&highlight=diver

hoxharding Guest
    The picture just confuses me-including how did the guy posing not notice the diver behind him?
    How could the diver not see a freaking body nearby? Was the water that bad?

NOVSTORM Guest
    They think he shut off her air and then turned it back on. I don't know but did he freeze? There was no life inurance but the rumor are he asked her to make himthe benificiary of a 30k one "right before her death" I have a tendancy to ignore that because in the Peterson trial they said the same thing and it was a lie made up by the cops. SO I am ignoring htat. There has got to be a reason for him to ill her and they have not come up with one yet.
    That picture was taken right after she went to the bottom and she was still alive when she got on the boat but in a coma and they couldn;t get her to come to.

I know I shouldn't but....lol!

MandyLynn Guest
    I saw the 48 hours program on this one, and it is believed that he shut off her air supply and held her like he was hugging her until she passed out.Then he let her go and she drowned... pretty scary.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...r=HOME_4198106

There was an in depth 48 hours article about his actions after her "accident" and what he claims happened vs. what others claimed happened. They definately think he did something to her air supply. They also believe abuse was happening in the relationship. Tina was deathly afraid of diving, but was taking classes. When the instructor spoke with her about this "not being for her" she responded with "I have to do this or my fiance will kill me."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Lita Guest
    Um...I read this and snickered and I probably shouldn't have because this is a serious article but sometimes editors need to do a better job!
    An Australian coroner ruled Friday, June 20, 3008, that an Watson's husband, Daniel Gabriel Watson, should face a murder trial in the death of his wife, who drowned while on a reef dive during their honeymoon in 2003.
    It's not a big error but it caught me as funny today for some reason. I hope they fry her POS husband though!

I bet a lot of their fellow divers had no idea that this turned into a Homicide investigation until 48 hours did a special. That is probably how that new picture turned up. A lightbulb went off in someone's head that "Hey I was there let me look at my pics." Thank god they did. They didn't really have enough evidence to pursue a murder charge against this dirt bag, but with this picture they can now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Wow!

panda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    The picture just confuses me-including how did the guy posing not notice the diver behind him?
    How could the diver not see a freaking body nearby? Was the water that bad?
    From a diver's prespective HOX I would say that 2 divers were going down with a divemaster. In the pic are one of the divers (right) and the divemaster (left). The 2 divers probably didn't notice the body at the bottom (concentrating on other things) and if they did, you really can't tell she's in trouble. I lay face down when I first decend to get my air level at neutural bouyancy, if there's no sandy bottom available. I'm sure that everyone would have noticed given time to watch the body for a minute & see that there were no bubbles coming from her & she wasn't moving, but since it was the very beginning of the dive, the 2 divers probably didn't even notice. The divemaster sure noticed though...........

tydtm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Same Here. Imagine the helpless feeling you would have floating around drifting and sharks swarming you.

Thats gotta be my biggest fear. Call me a nerd, but floating in the middle of the ocean...its dark, with only the moon casting light onto the surface of the water. And you're all alone...quietly...floating there...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xenaswolf Guest
    I wonder if he will go to an American prison or an Australian one?

Hey Aussies, are your prisons there still really tough? I know there are alot of haunted Gaols there...