Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your poison?

fanable Guest

What's your poison?

I didn't see a thread about this particular subject, so I figured I'd start it

Favorite Drink - Jack & Coke on ice. Brother in law introduced me to it and I've never looked back.

What annoys me most at a bar - When I order a J&C and they give me a Rum and Coke...when someone leaves their seat at the bar for over 10 minutes (taking their stuff with them) and then gets pissed because you decided to occupy the seat

And yours?

Morrissey Guest
    Drink: Straight vodka -- it serves its purpose well. Aside from that, I like mixing soda with Crown Royal.

Annoyance: My sister and her "baby daddy," as I've been told to call him, took me to a strip club for the first time two nights ago... I was sitting there and some old grey-haired biker came up to me and asked if I wanted a drink. It was scary, and I look like I'm like, 14 -- that's a little weird, grandpa.

poppie Guest
    Crown and Coke is my favorite. Stale peanuts/pretzels/whatever the bartender puts in bowls for you to snack on. For all I know, bugs crawled over them while the bar was closed.

squirellygirl Guest
    I hate when you ask for a ____ & Coke and they give you Pepsi without telling you first! Personal preference and all but YUCK.

onehunglow Guest
    Martini

drinking without music

onehunglow Guest

Hey now

Quote Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    Drink: Straight vodka -- it serves its purpose well. Aside from that, I like mixing soda with Crown Royal.

Annoyance: My sister and her "baby daddy," as I've been told to call him, took me to a strip club for the first time two nights ago... I was sitting there and some old grey-haired biker came up to me and asked if I wanted a drink. It was scary, and I look like I'm like, 14 -- that's a little weird, grandpa.
    I can prove where I was!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    Crown & Coke

Layla331 Guest
    Jolly rancher...and I hate sniffers...and that fact that a ring on your finger becomes invisable to anyone who is there to score..ok done whining now..lol

Layla331 Guest
    p.s a sniffer is someone who comes up behind you and you can audibly hear them smell your perfume etc..and then they say...wow you smell real good...yikes

fanable Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by squirellygirl View Post
    I hate when you ask for a ____ & Coke and they give you Pepsi without telling you first! Personal preference and all but YUCK.
    I don't know that I'd mind Pepsi so much but I'm a lot more picky when it comes to the booze in my drink. I absolutely cannot stand rum or vodka (bad experiences with both; oh the joys and stupidity of youth lol), and whenever the bartender gets my drink wrong it's always Rum (usually Captain Morgan [blech]) instead of Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Layla331 View Post
    Jolly rancher...and I hate sniffers...and that fact that a ring on your finger becomes invisable to anyone who is there to score..ok done whining now..lol
    I don't think I've ever gotten hit on but that would annoy me too..."sniff sniff..." creepy!

Analyst_Rob Guest
    [SIZE=3]Mojito[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]One reasonable cue stick[/SIZE]

Ms. K Guest
    Favorite drink at a bar, especially if someone else is paying? Vodka martini, twist of lemon.

Annoys me the most? People who can't hold their liquor. Those are the people that become "sniffers" (hate them, they usually get an elbow in the gut if they're sniffing me), the people who hit on you even when you're wearing a wedding ring, and so forth.

My favorite is J&B and seltzer. I also enjoy beer. The new Miller Chill is good. One thing I don't like about bars are when people I don't know talk to me. On time I was at my favorite bar, and I was reading The Onion, when someone came up to me and said "That is one fucked up newspaper. I don't know if half of that shit is real."

I'll either drink a Mojito or Grey Goose and Sprite.

What annoys me? My friends who go out with me and get a bit buzzed and constantly ask me if they look drunk, or if I think they're drunk, or when we're walking out the bar or club, and see a cop, they instantly create a scene. Acting overly paranoid or stupid. Ugh! (this is only after like 1-2 drinks) Needless to say I found new drinking and clubbing people!

firegilnotguns Guest
    Guinness Extra Cold - surprisingly not that many things annoy me at a bar (perhaps because I go only to pubs where I really like the atmosphere) but I don't like it when the bartender decides he/she LOVES a song so much that he/she turns up the music SO loudly that it's impossible to have any sort of conversation without SCREAMING into the ears of the people right next to you or leaning over the table to scream in the ears of those across the way...then the bartender LEAVES the volume up for the next hour or so and I feel as though I have cotton in my ears for the next 24 hours and have lost out on some good conversation!

onehunglow Guest

Please

Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    Guinness Extra Cold - surprisingly not that many things annoy me at a bar (perhaps because I go only to pubs where I really like the atmosphere) but I don't like it when the bartender decides he/she LOVES a song so much that he/she turns up the music SO loudly that it's impossible to have any sort of conversation without SCREAMING into the ears of the people right next to you or leaning over the table to scream in the ears of those across the way...then the bartender LEAVES the volume up for the next hour or so and I feel as though I have cotton in my ears for the next 24 hours and have lost out on some good conversation!
    I didn't hear that, can you say it again?

Shes Not There Guest
    Amaretto Sour or Vanilla Rum and Coke (most bars don't have the vanilla rum) and when I tell someone my name is Mandy, I have to hear the most Godawful rendition of Barry Manilow's Mandy.

Noor 7ayaty Guest
    Not sure, but I may be developing a forum crush on Analyst_Rob. Anyhoo...

I only drink occasionally; kama kazi *shots* or white russian (whipped not stirred)

Pet peeve: When men assume I'm playing pool by myself because I want company. I do not carry two pool cues in a case because I'm looking for pointers. It doesn't bother me in the least that I'm not the best. Most of the time I just play folks so they can see I'm not lying about not being that good, then they lose interest lol

A close second: People who hog the pool tables.

And Rob, your peeve is the exact reason why I bought my own cues. I got sick of waiting for a decent one!

tensecondstolove Guest
    Fave drink -- Bloody Mary or beer.

What annoys me the most -- Being around a bunch of drunk idiots. Which is why I never go to bars unless they're in like, the middle of nowhere with three people in there.

wraith Guest
    Vodka-seltzer-lemon or champagne :-)

Cannot stand obvious lightweights of either sex and all their asinine antics.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    Crown and Coke is my favorite. Stale peanuts/pretzels/whatever the bartender puts in bowls for you to snack on. For all I know, bugs crawled over them while the bar was closed.
    Poppie, you crack me up!

I am a wine drinker, myself. Used to drink beer; now it's White Merlot. If I'm out with the hub and wanna get my drink on, it's Captain-N-Coke.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Jagermeister....sometimes straight (I once bested a SSGT in a shots contest...go me!!), sometimes as a Jager bomb, and alot of times in a Red Headed Slut.

Pet Peeve: Men who see me drinking alone and approach me to "hook up" after they got shot down by all the "pretty girls" (thinking the fat chick is better than nothing). Put a sock on it, Skippy, ain't gonna happen....
    Last edited by secretsquirrel13; 11-03-2007 at 05:10 AM. Reason: I need coffee

poppie Guest
    Squirellyygirl - AMEN. When you want a fine, smoooooth drink like Crown, the Pepsi absolutley ruins the taste. I never in all my life ever heard anyone order a rum and Pepsi. No,No, and No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have some people on the Forum who have excellent taste in adult beverages.

drgonflyivy Guest
    I'm a beer girl all the way, give me a Guinness extra stout and I'm good to go!

I really hate when I'm having a girls night out and drunken idiots keep coming up and begging for attention. I have two kids at home so my time with my friends is very limited, I don't like for it to get f'ed up!

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppie View Post
    I'd actually be a lot more worried about "bugs" of the microscopic variety.

There seems to be a persistent urban myth floating around that those "bar snack" bowls not only contain bar snacks, but also X different kinds of urine, (the number varies according to the source) supposedly because male bar patrons aren't all that fastidious about washing their hands after patronizing the potty.

Unfortunately, the best I could come up with to actually substantiate this was:

http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/mints.asp

Where it talks about mints instead, listing the rumor as neither true nor false but "undetermined."

Still, there's probably some "food" for thought there (sorry).

ComputerGuy Guest
    MGD, Don't really go to bars. Used to go to the American Legion Post here that I was a member of, including the 40/8 Voitures, but they pissed me off and I resigned my membership. Not to many bars or clubs around here.

So I'll just sit on the porch, watch the squirrels

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Capt Morgan and coke is my beverage of choice.

I can't stand loud obnoxious drunks. If I can get totally plowed without making an ass of myself, so can everyone else.

secretsquirrel13 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post

So I'll just sit on the porch, watch the squirrels
    Was that YOU peeking in my window last nite???

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel13 View Post
    Was that YOU peeking in my window last nite???

LOL. Was that you that was snatched out of the yard the other night. True story, watching the squirrels feeding on the corn in the yard and a giant owl that lives in one of our oaks, swoops down and snags some dinner!!

magblax Guest
    Whiskey Sour (Makers Mark)...my favorite. Coors Light or Jack & Coke.
    My least favorite thing about bars..hummmm..I hate when they're crowded and I spill my drink.

Zombiegirl Guest
    I like to sip on Patron tequila over ice....much better than doing shots and getting plastered in 20 minutes
    hmmmm.....things that annoy me would be drunken fools who try to hook up with me....one guy actually came up to talk to me when I was sitting at the bar, turned his head in mid-sentence and puked on the floor......aaccckkk!

What's your poison? (Favorite Alcoholic Drink)

I used to be a bartender and I think you can tell alot about a person by what their cocktail of choice is. I myself drink Coors banquet most of the time but I like alot of the micro brews too if i'm in the mood.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I like vodka, preferably Smirnoff or Grey Goose, on the rocks. No twist. No olives. I know Smirnoff is cheap, but it tastes fine to me. Love Grey Goose. Not a fan of Aboslut or Stoli.

So, what does that tell you about me?

ComputerGuy Guest
    Beer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MGD+Brand+ID+Logo.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	602.4 KB 
ID:	1407  

Death Hag Chris Guest
    at home Budweiser or Guinness if I have the money.

at the bar Jack N Coke, Rum n Coke or Vodka n Cranberry.

Cataroo Guest
    Merlot ... and nothin' but Merlot!

Bake Guest
    Gin (Bombay Sapphire) and tonic - no lime
    Sangria
    Tequila Rose
    Margarita-Cuervo Gold on the Rocks, no salt

(Don't drink well mixes, the better booze doesn't give you a hangover or make you sick!!)

So, tell me..

I used to drink Baybreezes when I was younger (Absolute vodka, cranberry and pineapple juice).

Now I hardly drink at all, but if I do, I like to drink Rolling Rock beer.

poppie Guest
    Crown and Coke!!! Nice and smooth, and tastes great.

Kathyf Guest
    I have not had a drink for a while. I love Foster's Lite Ice (beer) can't get it here only in Australia.

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    i personally like washington apples (crown, cranberry juice, and sour apple pucker) its usually a shot but i like it as a drink. yummm.

warmbear Guest
    Not allowed to drink - bad for the blood sugar, you know

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    I like vodka, preferably Smirnoff or Grey Goose, on the rocks. No twist. No olives. I know Smirnoff is cheap, but it tastes fine to me. Love Grey Goose. Not a fan of Aboslut or Stoli.

That you live dangerously.That you like men that kill their ex wives.What does "The Juice" drink?

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I can tell I'm the only true alcoholic on this board...so far. Most of the stuff you guys are listing would give the worse hang-over known to man if you got nice and buzzed on it. And beer? Why bother, I don't even get a buzz until like number 4 and by that time, I'm bloated.

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    That you live dangerously.That you like men that kill their ex wives.What does "The Juice" drink?

Classic!!!! Classic!!!!

Hmmm, OJ likes a screwdriver of course.

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegodeathhag19 View Post
    i personally like washington apples (crown, cranberry juice, and sour apple pucker) its usually a shot but i like it as a drink. yummm.
    Yummmy....those are Yummmmy...I had many a shot of those on my daughter's 21st b'day!! (yup I was hung over the next day!!)

dailyvault Guest
    Okay, I'll play...

Wine - chardonnay, johannesburg riesling
    Beer - kinda lost the taste. Rare if I ever drink beer, rarer still if I enjoy it.
    Spirits - screwdrivers (preferrably with Ketel One). I also like Smirnoff Raspberry Twist and lemonade, or UV Grape and Welch's with 7-Up.

What this says about me? Three words: boring as hell. <g>

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    DAMN!!!! i'm pissing myself here.

Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post

Someone who drinks Smirnoff on the rocks is probably either old or if they are young just wants to get drunk really quick. Same goes with gin drinks. Old ladys and rich snobby girls usually order it.

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Cooked up in Chico Ca. The co-owner went missing a few months ago, I don't know if he was ever located.....