Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sister Wives

babyblujems Guest
    I just of got lucky, my man is there for his son hook line and sinker. Matter of fact sometimes I have to wonder if he parents more then I do. We say that half the reason we do anything is Kasey and the other half is (for me) him or (for him) me. Guess that's just the true sickening love I have lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    You should have seen him trying to scramble to get a hotel key to all his wives rooms! This way he could "pop in" and say good morning and good night, etc. It drove me insane!!! *rolling eyes*
    I saw that part, that's when I changed the channel. Ugh. He's gross.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I think your feelings are like many other women. Once a woman has sex with a man, or falls in love with him, she generally doesnt want him to be with anyone else. Unfortunately, many men dont share those feelings, LOL. They may love you but sex and love are two different things. Its usually wrapped up in one big package for women. I think the time is approaching where women are realizing they are not getting all they need from men in the childcare department. Or the support department. And it seems like a natural progression to skip what doesnt work for you and go with what does. I think this will be more prevalent in the coming years. Sex often fades over the years and companionship becomes more important. JMO
    Men will always disappoint you. they don't care, they don't have any damn loyalty, they only want what benefits them. I told my friend I wish we could be sister wives. Without the husband.

Xtine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Men will always disappoint you. they don't care, they don't have any damn loyalty, they only want what benefits them. I told my friend I wish we could be sister wives. Without the husband.
    I think that lesbian website did a doozy on you! (totally kidding)

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    I think that lesbian website did a doozy on you! (totally kidding)
    Well, I already knew girls rule & boys drool. haha

slingshot Guest
    Awwww, poor baby. *comforts Ramona* C'mere and sit next to the big, bad lesbian...... *wink*

RaRaRamona Guest
    Yikes I'm afraid of big & bad!

Xtine Guest
    Well, I already knew girls rule & boys drool. haha
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	40138

jaylene Guest
    http://news.yahoo.com/judge-allows-s...220310050.html

What I find interesting is they made it look like their move to Vegas was recent, going by the
    tv show but this article says it was in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by jaylene View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/judge-allows-s...220310050.html

What I find interesting is they made it look like their move to Vegas was recent, going by the
    tv show but this article says it was in 2001.
    At the end of the article it states they moved in January 2011, not 2001.

jaylene Guest
    Yes I see they did correct the date. Thanks Pumpkin.

carrieanne Guest
    So, is anyone watching this season? I get addicted to really strange shows, "Girls next door" being one, and this another one, I must have a fascination for this sort of thing.

Meri is my favorite wife for sure. I just love her, would love to be her friend, and if I had to pick a sister wife, it would be her! From the beginning of their marriage, according to Meri, she WANTED sister wives - it was their marriage plan. Nothing was sprung on her or forced. The reason SHE wanted sister wives was for the help of other women, the company, the sharing of household duties etc. They accumulated the next two wives fairly quickly and adapted well as a family, with all three women apparently feeling they had enough time and attention from Kody.

The addition of Robyn has thrown the family into a tailspin. It has upset the balance, the first three wives no longer feel they get enough of Kody's attention. Christine, especially, is admitting rather severe jealousy. Christine was the last "new" wife - so she's never seen him "fall in love" with someone else, until now. It's got to be gut wrenching. You know what seeing someone "infatuated" is like - sickening, and if it's someone you are in love with, it would be torture!

But I can't stop watching. Just fascinated. LOL...

radiojane Guest
    I knew there was a reason I never turned on the cable and stuck to Netflix for the last six months! I got sucked into this after Toddlers and Tiaras (another WTF???) the other day. They're like trainwrecks. And they make you feel so self righteous. Like I'm not fucked up at all, look at these guys!

The jealousy thing would kill me. How can ANYONE share a man?

carrieanne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    And they make you feel so self righteous. Like I'm not fucked up at all, look at these guys!
    That's why I sometimes watch "Hoarders", makes me feel like my house is SO CLEAN... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by carrieanne View Post
    That's why I sometimes watch "Hoarders", makes me feel like my house is SO CLEAN... lol...

Me too!! I feel like I am a total neat freak when I watch hoarders. Plus, I haven't had a cobbweb in my house since I started watching .
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

So, is anyone watching this season? I get addicted to really strange shows, "Girls next door" being one, and this another one, I must have a fascination for this sort of thing.

Meri is my favorite wife for sure. I just love her, would love to be her friend, and if I had to pick a sister wife, it would be her! From the beginning of their marriage, according to Meri, she WANTED sister wives - it was their marriage plan. Nothing was sprung on her or forced. The reason SHE wanted sister wives was for the help of other women, the company, the sharing of household duties etc. They accumulated the next two wives fairly quickly and adapted well as a family, with all three women apparently feeling they had enough time and attention from Kody.

The addition of Robyn has thrown the family into a tailspin. It has upset the balance, the first three wives no longer feel they get enough of Kody's attention. Christine, especially, is admitting rather severe jealousy. Christine was the last "new" wife - so she's never seen him "fall in love" with someone else, until now. It's got to be gut wrenching. You know what seeing someone "infatuated" is like - sickening, and if it's someone you are in love with, it would be torture!

But I can't stop watching. Just fascinated. LOL...
    I'm facinated in the show too, in a cringe-worthy way . Kody just pisses me off every time he opens his damn mouth. I'd like to send those Amish guys, who were cutting off other Amish men's beards, to his house to cut his stupid hair. Just the way he flips it out of his face annoys me. LOL.

The wives kind of act like Stepford wives, IMHO. They just wander around talking about how great it is to have another woman around and how having a sister wife is so fufilling etc.. but you know deep down inside they are seething about it. And Robin just acts like the Sister Wife Princess. You know in her head she has a song playing over and over "Kody likes me more than you na, na, na, na, na!"

buddyhollylover Guest
    OMG ME TOO!!

i mean, my house is clean and all, but when i start seeing some clutter i think about horders and flip out...time to clean!!

I watch this show and not even because I think it's a trainwreck. I just think it's fascinating. I don't get the same things from it that a lot of you do. I don't think they are like stepford wives, they have admitted that there is jealousy and other problems with their lifestyle. I personally don't have a problem with it if that's what they are happy with. I think most of their kids seem happy and pretty well adjusted. Yes, Hunter has some problems and I hope that he gets help for them.
    I am curious what those of you who think it's wrong to raise kids in this environment think of gay couples having kids.

I don't draw a real comparison to this family and one of gay parents. From everything I've seen, gay couples are every bit as competent as straight ones, perhaps more as they're likely a bit more less judgmental than most. I've never seen anything to dispute that the children of gay marriage experience anything in their childhood that differs much from that of straight couples.

Them seem as loved, protected, and provided for as a child can be, and I've never heard of a child raised by a gay couple who had any trouble whatsoever adjusting later in life because of who his parents were. They may have their share of problems, but so do we all.

This family, though, it's dysfunctional as hell. The father cannot be enough, sharing himself among four families. For him to think that is enough is sickening to me. It is not okay to watch your dad packing a bag to "go courting." I don't care how you interpret the Bible, it is not normal and it does not make you cool. He acts as though his wife-of-the-night is lucky to have him and so do the wives. There is tension in the air that one could cut with a knife, and I absolutely believe it is a constant battle of who he favors above the rest, with the youngest winning out (until another comes along).

I've heard at least one of the girls say they'd like a polygamous relationship, as well. Why? They talk about having those intimate relationships with their "sister wives" -- what the hell? I get it, we do as we see done. They're saying what they've heard their mothers say and to them, seriously: Grow up, Dumbass. There are children now, as many as you can have, apparently, so it's not all about you anymore. The girls are raised to believe that they aren't enough, that a man requires more than them to make him whole, and that is bullshit. Maybe you think you could not possibly be enough to be a man's sole partner, but what about your daughters? You okay with them sleeping alone, with their "sisters" sleeping with their husband in the next room? You good with that?

Yeah Cody, we get it. You found four women with very little self-esteem (or who wanted the drama of the competition) -- congratulations! You have won 16 kids who're gonna need therapy for the rest of their lives! But that's not all! You'll also enjoy a lifetime of being laughed at, ridiculed, and ostracized because you think you're some sort of prophet to these women, each of whom deserve more than you on your best day! Enjoy, Cody, and thanks for playing Who Wants To Be an Asshole with us!

(Just my opinion, play nice, guys...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    I don't draw a real comparison to this family and one of gay parents. From everything I've seen, gay couples are every bit as competent as straight ones, perhaps more as they're likely a bit more less judgmental than most. I've never seen anything to dispute that the children of gay marriage experience anything in their childhood that differs much from that of straight couples.

Them seem as loved, protected, and provided for as a child can be, and I've never heard of a child raised by a gay couple who had any trouble whatsoever adjusting later in life because of who his parents were. They may have their share of problems, but so do we all.

This family, though, it's dysfunctional as hell. The father cannot be enough, sharing himself among four families. For him to think that is enough is sickening to me. It is not okay to watch your dad packing a bag to "go courting." I don't care how you interpret the Bible, it is not normal and it does not make you cool. He acts as though his wife-of-the-night is lucky to have him and so do the wives. There is tension in the air that one could cut with a knife, and I absolutely believe it is a constant battle of who he favors above the rest, with the youngest winning out (until another comes along).

I've heard at least one of the girls say they'd like a polygamous relationship, as well. Why? They talk about having those intimate relationships with their "sister wives" -- what the hell? I get it, we do as we see done. They're saying what they've heard their mothers say and to them, seriously: Grow up, Dumbass. There are children now, as many as you can have, apparently, so it's not all about you anymore. The girls are raised to believe that they aren't enough, that a man requires more than them to make him whole, and that is bullshit. Maybe you think you could not possibly be enough to be a man's sole partner, but what about your daughters? You okay with them sleeping alone, with their "sisters" sleeping with their husband in the next room? You good with that?

Yeah Cody, we get it. You found four women with very little self-esteem (or who wanted the drama of the competition) -- congratulations! You have won 16 kids who're gonna need therapy for the rest of their lives! But that's not all! You'll also enjoy a lifetime of being laughed at, ridiculed, and ostracized because you think you're some sort of prophet to these women, each of whom deserve more than you on your best day! Enjoy, Cody, and thanks for playing Who Wants To Be an Asshole with us!

(Just my opinion, play nice, guys...)

I agree with you. With a gay couple or a straight couple (the key word being "couple") the children will at least get some sense of belonging. When you have 16 kids, 4 wives and one father, the children must feel like numbers. And from what I've seen from the show, Cody really doesn't seem to interact much with kids, just Robin....I mean the wives . All the kids really see is dad packing a bag and moving on to the next wife for shimmy shammy, then he's gone again to next house. Does he play with the kids? Does he throw a ball in the yard with them? Does he take them on nature walks? Probably not so much. It's not about raising the kids, for Kody. It's about scoring with 4 women. IMHO.

Heh, TJ - great rant! I agree that Kody's pretty gross, and that gay parents can be as competent as straight (I was raised by a single parent, my gay dad, from age 11 onwards - I'm nowhere near perfect, and neither was he, but he was an amazing father).

*My* issue with the show is the same as "Girls Next Door". I watch in hopes that I'll finally "get it": why women are willingly, even happily, subjugating themselves to a man in such a complete way, TV show or not. I don't get polygamy or Playmate, from the women's point of view. Some argue that the women actually have the upper hand in such situations; I respectfully disagree. Being a woman who has experienced both sides, per se (multiple sex partners & being disrespected by men, and having a mutually loving/sexy relationship with one partner), I don't get why a woman would trade the best monogamous connection for anything else. UNLESS they'd rather date around and have sex with whoever they want, just having fun. Now *that* I get.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

But it's their faith, and if that's what they believe I don't feel I can judge them that they have low self esteem or anything else for doing what they think is right.
    I have seen Kody hang out with the kids on there, honestly he's spent more time with his kids in the time this show has been on than my dad has with me in the last 20 years.
    I guess I just don't understand why people assume so many things about these people that if they assumed about other groups who didn't think like they do would be considered discrimination or something. I don't think their kids are screwed up. In fact I think most of the teens except Hunter seem pretty happy and level headed. They also seem to be allowed to make their own decisions about whether or not they want to go into this lifestyle or not. One girl said she might another said she would not. I don't know about the rest of them.
    I think the time that they have lived further apart has done the most damage, and now they are supposed to be getting homes that are right next to each other again, so I think that will make it better.

I don't know I feel like I can't explain what I want to say. I just brought up the gay thing because people assume these kids will be ostracized and have problems because they come from this lifestyle when the truth is lots of kids in different situations are in danger of that, including kids with gay parents. And kids who are Jehovah's Witnesses and don't celebrate birthdays and Christmas. Actually I think it's more the parents of these kids who have a problem with it, not the other kids. The older kids at least have friends who know what their family life is like and they don't seem to judge them for it.

it's times like this I wish I was articulate.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    But it's their faith, and if that's what they believe I don't feel I can judge them that they have low self esteem or anything else for doing what they think is right.
    I have seen Kody hang out with the kids on there, honestly he's spent more time with his kids in the time this show has been on than my dad has with me in the last 20 years.
    I guess I just don't understand why people assume so many things about these people that if they assumed about other groups who didn't think like they do would be considered discrimination or something. I don't think their kids are screwed up. In fact I think most of the teens except Hunter seem pretty happy and level headed. They also seem to be allowed to make their own decisions about whether or not they want to go into this lifestyle or not. One girl said she might another said she would not. I don't know about the rest of them.
    I think the time that they have lived further apart has done the most damage, and now they are supposed to be getting homes that are right next to each other again, so I think that will make it better.

I don't know I feel like I can't explain what I want to say. I just brought up the gay thing because people assume these kids will be ostracized and have problems because they come from this lifestyle when the truth is lots of kids in different situations are in danger of that, including kids with gay parents. And kids who are Jehovah's Witnesses and don't celebrate birthdays and Christmas. Actually I think it's more the parents of these kids who have a problem with it, not the other kids. The older kids at least have friends who know what their family life is like and they don't seem to judge them for it.

You articulate just fine!

I think that it's easier to judge this family (IMHO) because of what a jerk Kody comes across on the show. That's my opinion, of course, but if he came across as a kind, caring man, who truly adored his wives and children I think people would probably feel different, but since he comes across as such an unlikeable person, people automatically wonder what all these women see in him and why they are willing to settle.

Again, this is just my take on it .

I think he finds women with low self-esteem, they do not seem happy to me, but I haven't seen but a few episodes. I couldn't care less if you want to live your life that way, but i've seen several shows about poly families and all of those women look so vacant and emotionally beat down.

Mammy Guest
    IMO, they all have the look of women in regular marriages who know they are being cheated on. I divorced the asshole who put that look on my face.

See, I don't see that. Maybe it's because I watch every show, but I think they always have looks that are appropriate to what they are talking about. Maybe because I came into this show with no pre-conceived notions or opinions of their lifestyle. They are happy sometimes, and not so happy sometimes when discussing the not-so-great aspects of their lives. The show doesn't try and make it look like it's all sunshine and roses, it's just telling about this family and how things work and sometimes don't work for them. I do feel bad for Meri, (wife #1), who has lots of issues about not being able to have another baby. You could tell it was really hard on her when Robyn had her baby, even moreso than when Christine had her last one. I know they do have their issues with jealousy, but I really think that they do believe in this lifestyle. I believe one of his first 3 wives even introduced Kody to Robyn, after meeting her and realizing that they would be a good match. FWIW Kody says that there will be no more wives.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post

I think you articulate just fine. Hell, the fact that you used "articulate" puts you above most of the people I, um, articulate with! (I wanted to use it, too).

Also, you know, I was thinking and I may know little of what I speak. I don't know any gay couples personally, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I know of two, one of whose life I follow far too carefully: Elton John and David Furnish (and their son) and Neil Patrick Harris and his partner (yeah, those two I know less of) and their twins. And you know, I just saw a thing on them and my God what a beautiful family. So much love in that house it made The Waltons look like -- well, there was a lot of love. As is the case with Elton and David. Seemingly, I mean.
    But I think, from studies and such, that kids of gay marriages are in good shape. I didn't mean to imply I was an expert, I'm anything but.

The Kody circus, though, isn't as easy to judge. They have a show and all, but those shows do one thing, and that's entertain. I don't know if Kody plays ball with his kids, I don't know if his wives are content, and I don't know how their lifestyle affects the kids. Because I see only what the producers want me to see. And they're not gonna show a smooth and happily functioning family, that would be boring as hell.

They're gonna show drama and discontent and the kid who has the problems (he's the only one who's name I know, except for little Solomon's...) So you know, I probably wasn't qualified to judge whether or not those women had good, bad, or ugly self esteem. Maybe... maybe it's all about the religion. I DO know that I'm glad as hell it's not MY religion, because another women would last in my home exactly two minutes and the catfight would be ON.

(Okay, I have no home to fight her in, but if I did and all...)

And maybe Kody's not an asshat at all. Maybe they kind of paint him like that for ratings. If he wasn't goofy as hell and such an easy mark to poke fun of, it wouldn't be any fun to watch. Sort of a man we love to hate, like that.

I did not know Jehovah's Witnesses didn't celebrate Christmas or birthdays. Knew one in boot camp, nice as all get out. She told me the story of Joseph Smith and I said, "Oh come on" -- I was tired and didn't care and was being a bitch. But she was so nice to me, and she laughed when I said that.

She was a model airman, much better than I. And when we went to learn marksmanship, she wouldn't do it. It was M16 training, and easy, but she kind of came apart. We had a week to go before graduating and I was horrified she wouldn't make it. She wound up doing it, but she didn't do well and I think she could have.

I'll tell you what group of kids DO suffer. The kids of drug-using parents. I'm so sick of seeing some mother on meth doing something horrible, really horrible to her kids (story this week of one who gouged her kid's eyes out... way to shine there, Mom!) These people get their kids taken and returned several times a year and it makes me sick. They have clearly chosen drugs over their kids and I think that's their choice. But no changed-my-minds. Rehabilitation is a beautiful thing, but after a few episodes of FAIL, it's time to save those kids. A parent on crack or meth or heroin cannot effectively protect their children. And even if they do, who's gonna protect those kids from the parent?

I'm not talking about smoking a joint or prescribed medication, I'm good with that (if taken as prescribed... some folks can, some cannot. Not knocking those who can't, just being real). Kids should have a reasonable right to be protected and in a decent environment, and those that grow up in a virtual crackhouse (or worse) don't stand a chance.

(Sorry, kind of de-railed there... just pisses me off.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

NOVSTORM Guest
    I cant see why they are being investigated for fraud They get big money for doing ther show and no one is on food stamps and such. This was on TV that they are not on welfare and were not on it in Itah either.
    I see the Cody likes his women thinner these days as he is always hanging onto Robyn and he has a scowl on his face whenever Meri speaks or the other 2 but never with Robyn. I think he only loves or likes Robyn and is tired of the others whining all the time about his time with here. There is trouble because he picked out Robyns weddingf dress with erhe and not the others, It is turning into a whining cat show and that is why they all have their own homes now lol But he is sleeping at Robyns way tooo much according to the others. Urtah has a bug up its ass because they moved out of there when they were going to prosecute them for bigamy but they never took out marirage licenses for the 2 3 and 4th marriages so they arent legally married anyways lol I used to watch the show but am getting away from uwt because I hate all that green eyed monster shit and the drama and I really do feel sorry for the kids because they will grow up confused..Anywya I read somewhere how much they get per episode and they have nothing to whine about . They all own their own homes, and cars and that makes Cody happy because he definately isnt big about working or taking care of his kids as AI am sure that is womans work lol All I can say is either he is hung like a horse, screws like a rabbit or those women are just flat ass hard up ..

Looks like the new season started up last night with the same old canned drama, getting bank approval for their compound, Robyn's Victoria Secret debt magically vanished and Creepy Kody and daughter Mariah are still pushing Meri (sp?) to calf out another baby. So not much has changed since last season.

I thought Meri wanted to have another kid? I missed the season opener but I am watching the second episode right now. I feel bad that they are all giving Meri grief over having a big house. Whatever. How are these people affording all this anyway? And if they are going to get in-vitro?? That is expensive. I suppose they are having things donated to them for being on this show.

I don't get it either, Atomic. I don't know how they can afford all these houses and yet they live on food stamps. I mean the money from the show is probably helping them out, but it can only go so far when you have that many children.

I think Kody was way out of line when he was demanding an answer from Meri about having another baby. Then he follows it up with "I am going to have more children!" He's such a loser. I wish at least 3 of his wives would leave him (he can keep Robyn and her chin, she's such a skank).

The season premier was on tonight. Their little jewelry line is not turning out to be a phenomenal success, and it looks like Robyn is being blamed by the other wives. Robyn was very teary eyed tonight. She didn't like them referring to the jewelry business as a "hobby".

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    He's such a loser. I wish at least 3 of his wives would leave him (he can keep Robyn and her chin, she's such a skank).
    Heh! Perhaps there are polygamist husbands who are not egomaniacs, but methinks most of them must be. As for Robyn's chin, now I can't help picturing her as a female Jay Leno...

Quote Originally Posted by sherry326 View Post
    The season premier was on tonight. Their little jewelry line is not turning out to be a phenomenal success, and it looks like Robyn is being blamed by the other wives. Robyn was very teary eyed tonight. She didn't like them referring to the jewelry business as a "hobby".
    *sniff* WAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    But only for "legal" reasons, dealing the sobbin Robyn's kids. Now that Meri is free she should run as far away as she can from that idiot comb over Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    But only for "legal" reasons, dealing the sobbin Robyn's kids. Now that Meri is free she should run as far away as she can from that idiot comb over Cody.
    I couldn't agree more. Robyn went from the bottom to the top of the ladder overnight.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I couldn't agree more. Robyn went from the bottom to the top of the ladder overnight.
    So they live in the little house on the prairie?

Quote Originally Posted by sherry326 View Post
    OMG, that cheap, plastic wrapped, clunky pewter crap is ugly as all get out... just as nasty as old Kody Kotex is. I would be crying too if I was married to that POS, and had the chin of Jay Leno... ugh:

http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/...-at-guilt.html

Last edited by Cynful; 03-19-2015 at 10:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    So they live in the little house on the prairie?
    lmao!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    OMG, that cheap, plastic wrapped, clunky pewter crap is ugly as all get out... just as nasty as old Kody Kotex is. I would be crying too if I was married to that POS, and had the chin of Jay Leno... ugh:

http://sisterwivesblog.blogspot.com/...-at-guilt.html

Kody Kotex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bahahahahahahahaha!

"My Sister Wives Closet".... I'd be so scared to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    "My Sister Wives Closet".... I'd be so scared to enter.
    But why not? 4 wives? That's not your dream Stewie?

But why not? 4 wives? That's not your dream Stewie?
    Not those 4 and not married!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-25-rcna141964

Cody and Janelle's son Garrison Brown has passed away by suicide.