Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Short's wife, Nancy

Desertrose Guest
    That is shocking. The last time Martin was on Regis and Kelly he talked about his wife and being married for 30 years. Really sad.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Very sad news. Sorry for Martin and the family.

Aww, I love Martin Short. Sorry to hear about his loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Giada Guest
    Tragic ... 30 years of marriage, 3 children.

Safe Journey ...

How terribly sad. RIP Mrs. Short.
    Cindy

motherogod Guest
    They just re-ran him on Ellen last week while I was on vacay. I had no clue they were fighting this battle... and losing. Sorry about your loss, Marty!

Roaming Tigress Guest
    Just heard on FB. RIP Their family has my most sincerest condolences.

james1977 Guest
    Sad. My condolences. Pierce Brosnan also lost his wife to cancer . I wish these two could talk or something. Only he knows how Martin exactly feels. Real sad news. R.I.P.

knothere Guest

knothere Guest
    rip

trishsixxm Guest
    How sad for Martin and his family. I love Martin Short too he's the best.

Jazbabee Guest
    I read somewhere that she once played a character on the sitcom "SOAP"....does anyone remember this ??

NewYorkDoll Guest
    She was most notable for her recurring role as Annie Selig Tate on the ABC cult sitcom Soap. She also appeared in her husband Martin Short's critically acclaimed 1985 cable television special Martin Short: Concert for the North Americas.

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

NewYorkDoll Guest
    btw, her brother bob dolman also wrote for sctv and was married to andrea martin.

STORMIE Guest
    So sad. Martin Short is great and I bet his wife was too.

Desertrose Guest
    Now I am wondering why medical emergency was called to the house, especially since they didn't transport her since it appears she died at home. If she was near death, I am guessing Hospice would be involved, and they are very much DNR. Just wondering.

Noreen Guest
    Very sad.

RIP Nancy

I love Martin Short- he seems like such a sweet guy. My condolences to his family.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Very sad.

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Nancy Dolman and Martin Short (WireImage)Yahoo! Buzz
    By Mike Krumboltz, Yahoo!

Martin Short's wife, Nancy Dolman, has died at the age of 58. The pair had been married for 30 years.

News of Dolman's passing sent Web searches soaring for her biography, photos, and cause of death. E! Online reports that Dolman had been battling cancer for three years. RadarOnline.com reports that "there will be no funeral service for the actor's wife per her own wishes."

Short and Dolman met while working together on a Canadian production of the musical "Godspell" in the 1970s. A blog dedicated to the musical's production hosts Dolman's original biography from the program.

According to The Toronto Star, that Canadian production had quite the cast. In addition to Short and Dolman, the cast included the late Gilda Radner, Eugene Levy, and Victor Garber, most famous for his work on "Alias." And that's not all: The musical director was none other than Paul Shaffer of "Late Show With David Letterman" fame.

Ms. Dolman had other acting roles, including one on the popular ABC sitcom "Soap," in which she played Annie Selig. She retired from acting in 1985 to focus on raising the three children she had with Martin.

Popeater explains that Short is sadly no stranger to death in the family: "In a 1984 interview with People, the actor spoke of losing his oldest brother in an auto accident when Martin was only 12, and of the deaths of both his parents before he was 21."

On his parents' deaths, Martin once remarked, "I never looked at it as if it was a tragedy -- that I didn't have them my whole life. You learn some sense of priorities. Our whole family took the attitude that if you have wonderful moments, don't second-guess them, just enjoy them."

RIP Nancy -
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Meli Guest
    Terribly sad! Cancer is such a bitch! RIP to Mrs. Short, and my condolences to the loves ones left behind!

Carrie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I read somewhere that she once played a character on the sitcom "SOAP"....does anyone remember this ??
    I watched Soap all the time, but I can't place her. I don't recognize her at all.

Reecy Guest
    RIP

RIP Mrs. Nancy Short. You are free from all pain and suffering forevermore .

Desertrose Guest
    Radar is now saying that there was a malfunction on her oxygen tank, which answers my question of why paramedics were called even if she was under the care of Hospice. How horrible.

Okay I'd heard she died, but when I read the article they weren't saying why yet. Should have figured at that age it would be cancer. What a shame. I've always liked Martin Short, he makes me laugh. And to have been married for 30 years, that just breaks my heart since so many celebrity marriages don't last too long these days.

CORONERGAL Guest
    I have loved Martin Short for years. For them to have had a marriage that lasted so very long by Hollywood standards is wonderful and amazing.
    I wish this unholy demon cancer could/would be obliterated. Far too many people have fallen victim to this, the famous and the ordinary. I pray everyday that the pharmicutical companies will release the cure before too long.

How incredibly sad...love Martin short - saw him a show called cinamatic in euro disney a couple of weeks ago and he was hilarious. RIP my dear girl - i hope your not suffering and that Martin gets the support he needs x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

slw Guest
    The news is reporting that there was something wrong with her oxygen tank.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ust-death.html

stacebabe Guest
    "It also reveals that she had an oophorohysterectomy, meaning her uterus and ovaries were removed" ---> "Ooph" is right. Yeowch. I thought that was a hysterectomy?

Severely Snapped Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    I watched Soap all the time, but I can't place her. I don't recognize her at all.
    She played Annie, Chester's second wife. The running gag was that no one liked her - not even Chester, really - because she wasn't Jessica, and everybody kept calling her a slut. In the infamous cliffhanger series finale, Chester caught her in bed with Danny and was about to shoot them both.

Pretty and funny lady. RIP.

slw Guest
    "It also reveals that she had an oophorohysterectomy, meaning her uterus and ovaries were removed" ---> "Ooph" is right. Yeowch. I thought that was a hysterectomy?
    You're right that sounds like a hysterectomy. (if the uterus is taken as well) If the uterus is left but the ovaries and fallopian tubes are taken then thats an oophorectomy
    Last edited by slw; 09-14-2010 at 08:57 AM.

leeny994 Guest
    I had my ovaries removed three years ago
    This is pretty much what was explained to me
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/breast-cancer/WO00095

so sad...RIP Nancy Short....

watch Kathie lee Gifford ask Martin Short how is wife is doing - she died two years ago.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/30/kathie...an-today-show/

radiojane Guest
    Yeah I read about this. He handled it really well. Kathy is a moron.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I must be the only person that finds this kind of hilarious. If it was a problem for him, he should have just spoken up. People make mistakes, it's not the end of the world.

Kathie Lee and Hoda are always half drunk during that hour anyhow, so it's even more hilarious to me. I'm sure she felt horrible afterwards, but she shouldn't. Mistakes happen.

OMG, gotta admit that's a pretty big faux pas. But I didn't know she'd passed away... RIP.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

That video was so sad to watch. I always knew Kathie Lee was an idiot, but even an idiot can do some basic research.

I loathe Kathie Lee. I hate it that Hoda is paired with that moron.

I've actually met Kathi Lee... and I have to say that she's really down to earth and very gracious. It's obvious she wasn't aware that Mr. Short's wife had passed away, and the way he handled it speaks volumes for his character. I say give her a break, I'm sure she's more embarrassed about it than we are for her...

radiojane Guest
    She should have brushed up on his bio before interviewing him. That's journalism (not that I think Kathi Lee qualifies) 101. You're supposed to know the subject.

I hear next week she's going to ask Lisa Marie what she's getting her dad for Father's Day.

Jacksmum Guest
    It's not like she just bumped into him on the street with a camera crew. She knew he was coming so she and her research team should have done their homework. He was very graceful.

LOL @ Lisa Marie

47. 05-31-2012, 10:36 AM

intothelight Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    watch Kathie lee Gifford ask Martin Short how is wife is doing - she died two years ago.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/30/kathie...an-today-show/
    I saw that on the Today show. I was thinking wow idiot she's dead.

He was very understanding - he could have fallen apart , 2 years isn't very long .She was a total fool not to know her stuff .

Nelliebean Guest
    Now you know why Regis used to look so pained when working with her.

pwem Guest
    How the hell did she ever get the job in the first place?