Thread: Actress Amy Locane charged with vehicular homicide

Actress Amy Locane charged with vehicular homicide

Last edited by cash; 06-28-2010 at 06:45 PM.

mandee1005 Guest
    The last pic (Cry Baby) I knew was Traci Lords. Amy played Allison. Well, shouldn't drink and drive.

RaRaRamona Guest
    LOL I don't remember her from MP (I didn't watch it though so that means nothing) but I do know Traci Lords when I see her. How funny.

mandee1005 Guest
    I remember watching it but don't remember her.

Locane, who also starred in the Johnny Depp hit Cry Baby in 1990, suffered minor cuts to her right foot.
    Hit?
    I think I was one of the 37 ticket buyers reported by the box office.
    How exciting to see the term "box office" and a pic of Tracie Lords in one thread.
    The article is kinda vague though. It says she crashed her car while under the influence (we know how newspapers tend to sensationalize and misrepresent) and then in the next sentence states she was involved in a collision. It does not clarify who was at fault.
    Whats up with the last names?
    Seemen.
    Locane-Bovenizer.
    Vulva-Paxil Waddington.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

PurrPurr Guest
    The crazy part is her husband owns a liquor store?

Never heard of her.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I remember her in "Cry Baby" but I liked Hatchet Face better.

Pryncis Guest
    I have the director's cut of Cry Baby and John Waters tells of when cops were hiding behind bushes and stuff trying to serve Traci Lords and take her to jail. She was so scared because she'd never been to jail. Everyone was giving her their stories about being arrested etc and the only other one who hadn't spent a night a jail was Amy Locane. She was only 17 at the time the movie was filmed. Guess they've all got their stories to tell now!

james1977 Guest

We Remember Amy

Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    I remember watching it but don't remember her.
    She was cute. Cry Baby- 1990. Back in the V.H.S. days. She was in many movies. She still looks pretty good. Girls in my class, the same age. Look like crap. Amy looks good. But she does look 38. Her career is most likely over or has been over. Jenny Wright, a fellow babe from the same period, disappeared also. She just quit. Amy will probably do time, because only us serious film fans know of her. Hell, if it was Julia Roberts, , Julia wouldn't even be charged. I heard that Clark Gable also killed someone while drunk driving and M.G.M. covered it up and he got off scott free. Drunk driving is the worst thing this auto world ever came up with. No one ever learns.

mandee1005 Guest
    I remember her in Crybaby but not in Melrose Place. I love Crybaby! Cult Classic!

NewYorkDoll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I remember her in "Cry Baby" but I liked Hatchet Face better.

I was an avid Melrose viewer. She was the hot blond with the southern accent in the 1st season. She was a waitress, I believe and was Jake's girlfriend when the series started. Her mug shot looks nothing like her when she was on Melrose.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

NewYorkDoll Guest
    i remember her originally from a soap called *loving*. looks like she has worked only sporadically since the late 90's. i loved crybaby.

and she has young children:

At age 35, she gave birth to her first child. Daughter, Paige Cricket Locane Bovenizer was born on January 23, 2007 at 9:40 pm in Princeton, New Jersey. Weighing 6 pounds 5 ounces, Paige arrived a month early.
    Best known for her role as Sandy Louise Harling in the original cast of Melrose Place.
    Her boyfriend and Paige's father, Mark Bovenizer, is the proprietor of Community Liquors in Princeton, New Jersey and a panel taster for Wine and Spirits Magazine.
    Daughter, Avery Hope Bovenizer, born 21 January 2009.

RaRaRamona Guest
    She was gorgeous. She doesn't look at all like she used to. Weird.

She's in a world of hurt now. This kind of thing happens so often that I wonder how anyone can make the decision to drink and drive given the toll it takes on your life, let alone the victims.

1karenhb Guest
    Wow, she kills someone and seriously injures another and all she gets is minor cuts on her right foot. The parents were right, life isn't fair!

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    Wow, she kills someone and seriously injures another and all she gets is minor cuts on her right foot. The parents were right, life isn't fair!

I so agree, It always seems like the drunk driver will
    walk away almost unharmed.
    (she has a minor cut on the foot big deal)

So her husband owns a Liquor store talk about
    dracula looking after the blood bank.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Usually drunk drivers DO walk away with few injuries. Here's why:

A sober person can usually see the accident coming and "braces" for it. With all joints and bones tight, they break easier. A drunk can't react that well and stays "looser", allowing him/her to shift with the vehicle. It's the same principle as a tree bending in the wind or not. Which one will lose more limbs?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    Ain't she purdy?

Ack! That's not her, is it? She sure changed when she got to Melrose!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    No that's Hatchet Face from "Cry Baby"...

Boy, there were witnesses and everything, and still, her bail is ridiculously low. Maybe in NJ, she is considered on an equal footing with the Lohan.
    I advise the victim's son and the rest of the kids to harbor ALL the resentment they can, because I doubt the jerk will get the punishment she deserves.

http://famousjailbirds.blogspot.com/

Former "Melrose Place" actress Amy Locane-Bovenizer was charged in a drunk driving accident that killed a New Jersey woman, the New York Post reported Tuesday.

Locane-Bovenizer, who played Sandy Louise Harling on "Melrose Place," was driving a 2007 Chevy Tahoe on Sunday night when she slammed into the passenger side of a vehicle, instantly killing noted art historian Helene Seeman, 60, authorities said. The driver, Seemanâ??s husband Fred, 60, was transported in a Medevac helicopter and remained incapacitated with serious injuries.

The couple were struck as they turned into their driveway in Princeton, N.J. Their youngest son, Curtis, 17, was with his mother when she died.

"My mother was incredible. She had a pure spirit, and her heart was always in the right place," the Seemans' oldest son Ford, 23, told the paper. "She wouldn't want me to harbor any resentment. I feel like a part of my soul is now missing."

Prior to the fatal crash, Locane-Bovenizer, 39, rear-ended another vehicle at an intersection a few miles away, before driving off, according to Somerset County Acting Prosecutor A. Peter DeMarco Jr.

The hit-and-run victim followed mom-of-two Locane-Bovenizer, who was reportedly "swerving and knocked down several mailboxes."

At the crime scene, police said they noticed the smell of alcohol on the actress' breath and reported her eyes were glassy and red-rimmed and her speech was slurred.

Locane-Bovenizer, whose husband is a wine expert, admitted to imbibing several glasses of wine before getting behind the wheel, authorities said.

She appeared before the superior court Monday afternoon for her arraignment. Bail was set at $50,000.

She is charged with vehicular homicide, second-degree and third-degree assault by auto. She faces five to 10 years in state prison.

indicted today on manslaughter. she is contesting.

http://www.gossipcop.com/amy-locane-...ault-indicted/

Our man Scot has a photo of Kim McGuire (Hatchet Face) without the hatchet face:

the trial has begun - she was giggling after the accident

http://www.newser.com/story/123239/a...testifies.html

Last edited by cash; 07-10-2012 at 06:43 PM.

opening statments today for this has been. she is trying to blame it on another driver.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sh-chased.html

Right. It's never their fault. She's blaming the women she rear ended earlier for following her after she hit her and drove off. Holy shit. I hope all this is remembered come time for sentencing.

I have zero sympathy for anyone who drives while intoxicated. There has been example after example of what happens when someone is too impaired to safely operate an automobile, and yet for some reason they think it won't happen to them. I don't know if it's the italian in me, but hurt or kill one of my beloved family members because your stupid ass is driving while impaired, and you won't have to worry about getting a lawyer.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

more delays in this trial. anything to avoid justice.

http://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ssf...ose_place.html

Wow - she could potentially get life, if convicted (essentially...if she served the full 30-year sentence, she'd get out around age 70). Hopefully proceedings will start moving more quickly.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

husband of victim testified today

http://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ssf...ounts_cra.html

the jury has been out since yesterday afternoon which is way too long for my liking. this should be an open and shut case.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entert...ertainment_pop

pwem Guest
    Amy Locane. Amy Locane. Sounds very much like "Lindsey Lohan".

guilty of vehicular homicide. should get 5-10 years. bail revoked. some justice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2198486.html

I hope she at least gets sentenced to consecutive terms on the two charges.

three years in jail because she has a sick daughter ??? dramatic video as victim's husband lectures judge.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/artic...nclick_check=1

Three years and she will be out in less than half of that time. The husband is correct, what a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Never heard of her.
    Same here.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

I know her from a few movies. If I was the victim's family member, i'd be taking her out myself when she got out.

she wants a public defender for her appeal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...cide-case.html

Her blood-alcohol level was three times the legal limit and she was speeding when she hit and killed someone. She is taking a gamble asking for a new trial. She is up for parole next year. A new trial could result in a longer sentence. She should shut up and be glad she received the sentence that she did. [SIZE=5]

[/SIZE]

Yeah, but... Locane-Bovenizer still faces a federal lawsuit stemming from the crash. She's going to pay dearly for this...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Apparently she's been served with divorce papers, I'm sure that's just a legal maneuver so he can keep his liquor empire. What bothers me the most about this is she has never owned up to it.
    --William Shakespeare!

Remember, threads about entertainers of any kind who commit crimes go in the entertainment section.