Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mediums, Clairvoyants, & Psychics

rucyco2 Guest
    The wife and I went to a reputed "medium". Her whole production consisted of...well, bullshit. It was all card tricks, leading questions and reading people's faces. Total sham....that's not to say they don't exist, that was just the experience that we had with that "medium"

Went to a couple of others on a whim but nothing spectaular

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Be patient
    THIS times a bejillion!

I read that and thought, "Damn, I'd love to go through one damned day without missing someone." Ah to be young and --- well, to be young would pretty much be enough.

/sorry about your cat, they're awesome I know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Back in 1993, after I left my abusive ex husband, I went to a medium in Brookline, MA. I didn't know what to expect but she hit on so many things that she could not have known. She was well into her 80's and from England so doing a background check on me would have been difficult for her. She started the reading and she saw me throwing things into a suitcase and boxes (which is what I did when I left him) and that my deceased family members were watching as I did this and encouraging me to do it.

One of the most significant things she mentioned was the house I was living in after I left. I moved in with my parents and she described my parents' house to a T then she said "This house has granite steps going to the front door, but I see metal things in the steps and they are used to clean your shoes." My parents were living in an old house with granite steps that had metal boot or shoe scrapers in the steps. How would she have known that?

It was a pretty cool reading overall. But a little advice, if you see a medium that uses neon lights to advertise their business, don't go there.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

tarsier Guest
    A LOT of them are bull but some are talented but for connecting with your cat your best bet is another cat. If a human medium could reach your cat they would be unable to convey anything back while catsa are all mostly very sensitive but not always willing. I would recommend a full grown "rescue cat" one mature enough to pick-up the previous cat and grateful enough to pass it along.

i want to believe. there's so many things i wish i knew. like how did my dad die? when did he die. is he near me? does he think of me? am i ever going to settle down and stop this running around bullshit? so many questions....
    ‚??You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.‚?Ě

DonnaMc Guest
    I went to one once and it was bogus from start to finish. She knew what to ask, how to ask it, etc. to get answers that she needed out of me to tell me about me! I laughed all the way to the car, but she laughed all the way to the bank!!!!

My mom's cousin lost her 17-year-old son several years ago in a car accident. It was their only child, and it just gutted them. So she goes to a local "psychic" (who DOES have a neon sign! NewEnglander, you must by psy... oh wait...) She wanted to connect, and God help me but I'd want to, too.

Anyway, I didn't go but was at Mom's when she came from there, excited as hell. I was just struck by the number of things that would be true of ANY grieving mother. Her grief was obvious, I don't know how the "psychic" figured out who it was, but it wouldn't have been hard to have gotten it from her. Slick folks are slick.

Things like "you and your son had an amazing bond" -- well duh. What the hell was she gonna say, "You didn't much like him, but you tolerated him..."? Of course not. But she was SO wound up that day, I hadn't seen her face it's normal hue since his death, and I was kind of glad.

But then she said the "psychic" said that SHE had these awesome "powers" also, and that she had more than the "psychic" (yeah, gonna get quotation marks every time) and that she was in fact scaring said "psychic." (Know what was scarier? That neon sign... it's pink, ffs!) So she was going on about how she was going to channel her abilities and everything.

I almost thought it was worth the $50 until she started that shit. I mean, it made her feel he was still around somehow, and that had to feel good. God I hated what that did to her. Maybe fifty bucks isn't too much to make some people feel better, but don't go telling them they're "scary psychic" -- that isn't fair.

Of course she's going back. She feels she can connect to her only child in that little room, who wouldn't?

Pisses me off.
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 05-06-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: general dumbassery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Be patient
    LOL Rosebud you always make me laugh!

I have done tarot card reading at our local school fair every year. When I say tarot, I mean I own a deck and make up stuff.

It is very odd what your intuition will tell you from people. I can get spooky close to what is going on with people and people will buy it hook, line and sinker. I guessed once that a woman was pregnant, that another had a secret boyfriend, and another was thinking about divorce.

I don't know if psychics are real. But I know I'm a big old fraud and if I can con people I'm sure that someone who has honed their skills could easily manipulate people.

With all that being said, I will be offering my tarot card reading services. I will accept paypal, major credit cards, or chuckie cheese tokens.

Mammy Guest
    It is easy to snooker trusting people who want to believe everything you tell them. Nobody goes to these places expecting to hear that they are going to be hit by a train on the drive home. People enduring intense grief are easy to spot and for whatever reason, alot of them seem to harbor some sort of guilt whether it is deserved or not. If a grieving person is told that their loved one is happy and at peace, isn't suffering, is still around the grieving person, and loves the person and is waiting for them on the other side, the person who sought out the psychic is going to be excited and feel relieved and consider the trip a success. I think if a deceased person is around and wants to make contact with someone still alive, why would they channel themselves through a total stranger who charges for their "services." I do believe loved ones are never actually gone and stay near their loved ones, but I don't need a mangy old scam artist like Sylvia Browne or any other of the garden variety shysters to tell me what I want to hear and do a cold reading on me before helping themselves to the contents of my wallet.

I could not have said that better, Mammy.

Excellent point, that why would a loved one pick some stranger who needs $50 to tell you he's okay? I think they'd do something on a much more personal level.

The closest person to me who is no longer living told me he was around, and he didn't use anything, he just came. And it was the worst experience of my life. My worst nightmares are remembering it. Thank God it's never happened again. Wasn't scary, but sad as hell and twice as depressing.

Careful whatcha wish for, I guess.

And oh man, don't get me started on Sylvia -- who by the way looks as though she's been dead for a decade already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just thought of another time I went to a psychic (although she wasn't a medium). A friend had offered to pay for a reading for me as a birthday gift. So I went along with it. This was about 4 months before my wedding. My friend is more interested in predictions of her future than I am (I'd rather not know). Anyway, this woman was very low key. I went to the place for the reading and she started telling me that my late father was there and he was laughing because he didn't believe in psychics and mumbo jumbo (which was true). She then went on to tell me that my father wanted me to know that he would be with me about 2 weeks before the wedding and would stay with me through the wedding.

I took what she had to say with a grain of salt. I didn't look too much into it. But it was so odd, the day of my wedding I was cool as a cucumber. I was amazingly calm, not the least bit nervous. My father was that way. Nothing every ruffled his feathers, he was very calm under the worst of circumstances. He never got uptight or worried about things. He was the exact opposite of my mother who is high strung and nervous all the time LOL. I tend to be in the middle of the two of them. I'm not a worry wort like my mother, but sometimes I'm not as mellow as my father was.

So, was that my father's influence on my wedding day? Who knows, but I'd like to think he was there with me, keeping me calm and letting me know that it was the right thing he was present to bless our marriage.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

On the TLC reality show, Teresa Caputo needs a haircut! She really needs to change her hair, ASAP.

Mammy Guest
    TaupinJohn, when I look at Sylvia Browne, I just see pure evil. She is the lowest of the low in my opinion, but she sure has plenty of company. Where were all of these "gifted people" around the time of the terrorist attacks or Hurricane Katrina or the Oklahoma City bombing or all of the tornados that killed over five hundred people and obliterated entire towns last year? They should have been able to warn everyone in harms way since they surely had to know these things were going to happen, right? Sylvia does look like she has been dead for years and probably smells like mothballs and cheap wine. I despise that old bitch!

I'm sorry that your experience with someone who has passed away wasn't pleasant. I think I would prefer no contact than something that upset you more, not that you had a choice. All of my grandparents are long deceased, but I was the closest to my maternal grandma and she has been gone for 29 years. I have never had a dream about her or any of my grandparents after they died. I see them more in the little things in my life. I have a lot of things that belonged to all of them and those things remind me of time spent with them. A teddy bear my grandma gave me, my grandpa's robe, my mamaw's curio cabinet, papaw's caps, etc. I can see or hear things that instantly take me back to when I was a kid or get a whiff that smells like papaw's work clothes when he worked at a feed store and always smelled like animal feed. I find comfort in those things and would never seek out a psychic to tell me anything. I know they all loved me and they all knew I loved them. That's enough for me.

Mammy I'm not really a big Sylvia fan either but one thing she said kind of brought me comfort. She said when someone is really far gone they're not there they're already on
    the other side. When my sister and I went to Fla because my father is really slipping and the home said we should go and say goodbye. I hadn't seen either one in years
    last time I saw my mother she didn't know who I was or who my son was. She wouldn't talk to us until we left her and she yelled out "I love you too". Now when we were
    down there a few weeks ago this once vibrant woman who spoke 7 languages just lays there staring at the ceiling with her lips moving. She can't talk anymore her mind is
    gone from Alzheimers. I would like to think that she's looking up and talking to my daughter or her mother. My father is still full of piss and vinegar. They don't put the footrests on his wheelchair because that old guy who is supposedly towards the end can just take off down the hall hanging onto the guard rail.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Mammy Guest
    If anything Sylvia says brings you comfort, Jersey, then I think that is great. I know watching someone you love just become a shell of themselves and not even realize what is going on around them is terribly heartbreaking. It happened to my Pap and he was like that for six years and in a lot of ways I think it was worse watching him fade away a little at a time than if he had just passed away quickly. I really intensely dislike Sylvia, but that doesn't mean that some people can't find comfort in what she says. It's just up to the person.

Quote Originally Posted by rucyco2 View Post
    The wife and I went to a reputed "medium". Her whole production consisted of...well, bullshit. It was all card tricks, leading questions and reading people's faces. Total sham....that's not to say they don't exist, that was just the experience that we had with that "medium"

Went to a couple of others on a whim but nothing spectaular
    Just like Harry Houdini, we both find this so hard to believe.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 05-11-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Do you think it's possible to see things and understand what someone was wanting to say from a photo online? Like for example if I posted a picture or pmed a picture could someone possible feel something, or would it have to be physically in their hands?

My mom has "something" She sometimes can tell a person about a loved one that has passed kind of like John Edwards, she doesn't charge and she really doesn't like to be bothered, but a few people she has talked too , have called her and she was right on the money. She tells people up front, I am not always right and I can't promise I'll get anything.

For example I was with her where she used to work, I was working there part time as well. It was early morning before we opened, but a lady , we were told , got permission last night to come in before we opened to get balloons. So My mom, I and the manager is standing there, the lady comes in , my mom had her back to the woman. My mom turns and looks toward the back of the store, she looks at the manager and says , is there a child in the store, the manger goes nope we aren't open yet, my mom turns to the woman and says i just heard a voice say MOMMY THATS MY MOMMY> , the woman just looks at her, my mom goes, Who is M (leaving name out cause mom asked me too ) and He is showing me a red truck. The woman steps back, looks at my mom and goes can I have your number or talk to you. my mom met up with this lady, the M was her son, who was I think three when he passed, he had a red truck that he loved very much, that his mom still has and the balloons the woman had come in to get were for his little grave.
    My mom says for her it's like a luck of the draw sometimes she can go days weeks or months without getting anything then bam out of the blue something happens.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 07-31-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Mammy Guest
    That's a cool story, Pksgigi! That woman must have been so shocked, but I'm sure it made her feel like her little boy was reaching out to her. I truly believe there are people who get these thoughts and feelings and that is neat. I just don't have any faith in the "psychics" who exploit people and scam them out of money. Thanks for sharing that story with us.

You're welcome mammy. She also did that for the family of the woman in the above story, She met with them after she got off work that day, the mom wanted her to tell her family what had happened, as my mom was sitting there she looks at the late teen woman that was there , and said who is (____ ) (name withheld at mom's request) The look blinked, mom goes There was an accident, no other car was involved, someone else was driving, something about ice. The girl freaks out and says yes, she pulls out a newspaper shows it to mom, mom goes pale, the man in the obit is the girls father (____) , mom goes I saw this guy in a dream, he was wearing bib overalls, the daughter goes we buried him in overalls, mom looks at the obit near the man's and says this woman was driving. Your dad hit his head he was killed instantly I believe, the daughter goes yes, the woman was driving they lost control on some ice. , mind you this accident was a year before mom moved to the area, and five years after that she talked to the people. Mom also told the daughter, that she kept smelling cedar wood and such, and seeing knives, the man owned a business that sold knives and such and he liked to carve things using cedar wood. Mom never charges, Mammy so I agree I don't have faith in those that do. As mom says I am not always right, I may not get anything , I can't promise and I won't tell you things that you want to hear just to tell you something.

Iíve been told that I am claircognizant, clairsentient, and ďsensitiveĒ. I also tend to have a lot of anxietyís. Lately Iíve been wondering if maybe those two things are directly related? Ya know, like I think things and feel things and have no idea why, and it freaks me out and it causes me to panic and react irrationally.
    Iíve been reading and working on trying to figure out how to control and understand my skills. Anybody else have any experience with this?

I have what my mom has, and yeah sassy the anxiety can go hand in hand with it, still trying to figure out how to control mine.

I freak people out sometimes when I know what they want or need before they even say anything. For instance, today one of my coworkers walked into my office and before she could say anything I said ďI put the scanner back on the chargerĒ and her jaw dropped and she was like ďthat is exactly what I was coming in here to ask youĒ! Stuff like that happens all the time. Iím also really good at reading peopleís energies. I usually pretty much know immediately after meeting somebody if they are worth my time and energy.
    That is all fine and dandy. I can deal with that. Itís the irrational,uncontrollable, and/or out of nowhere emotions that I really need to figure outÖ.

Sassy you may have to practice what is called shielding or bubbling, it's where you visualize a bubble or something around you and nothing can pass through that, it takes a lot of practice and it can make you tired when you are first trying to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Sassy you may have to practice what is called shielding or bubbling, it's where you visualize a bubble or something around you and nothing can pass through that, it takes a lot of practice and it can make you tired when you are first trying to do it.
    I had to learn to do that with the woman my dad married. As far as I am aware she is psychic, sensitive and can do reiki or so she said anyway. There were other stuff but to be honest I shut myself off because it was all she talked about. Normally, I would love to know someone who can do that but the problem is she is so pushy with it to the point she has constantly been told to stop reading people and telling them stuff even if they don't want to hear it. It's one thing if she knows the person or they ask for it but she goes up to strangers and gets her hooks into them. She did it with me and my sister the first time she met us to the point we were so uncomfortable that we asked him to tell her not to do it again...I'm not against it but telling everybody in the room something I didn't want revealed was too much. It got to the stage I stopped seeing him when he visited until I looked online and found a way to clear my head whenever she was near me and she didn't like it.

My dad of course was adamant she was only trying to help but I can't see how blurting out all over Facebook the secrets of someone who paid you for a reading can help. I asked for her help once and only because my dad said she truly wanted to help. It's something I have wanted to know since I was a child and instead of saying she couldn't help or didn't know, she sat back and smirked at me as if to say 'I know something you don't'. After that I was done. I always hear the story about if you throw anything negative out there, it comes back three times as hard on you. I have no idea if it's true but if it is, she has a lot coming for her.

ShellC, I find that most people that go on and on and on like her, are not really psychic, or any of that, they just want the attention and doing it for money. I can't always read someone, I tell them upfront, that I may or may not be able to read you, I may not get anything to come through, and I won't charge you but if you want to , you don't have to, give a donation to me or to a charity of your choice.

Just like the great Harry Houdini (1874-1926)
    the afterlife is bunk.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Just like the great Harry Houdini (1874-1926)
    the afterlife is bunk.
    No actually it isn't, I am a paranormal investigator and have seen things..

East of Eden is like my favorite movie. I hadnít watched it in a while, but I had been thinking about it all week. So I just popped it in and started watching it, and during it I was reading some stuff and learned that Richard Davalos (Aron) died 7 years ago this week. I donít think thatís a coincidence.
    A coworker of mine (who I also consider a friend) told us she was pregnant the other week. Later when it was just her and I talking, she told me how she was telling her boyfriend about some of the conversations she and I had and how crazy it was given the fact that they hadnít told anybody she was pregnant yet.
    So I confided in her about what Iíve been calling my ďspidey sensesĒ. About how I just tend to know things without knowing how I know. I just know that I know, and much to my surprise she didnít think I was crazy 🙂