Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVPs

xenaswolf Guest

EVPs

Wasn't sure where to put this, but here are links to one of my favorite EVP's.

This one tears my heart out.....
    http://www.angelfire.com/sk2/stparanormal/mommy.wav

Well dang since it gives an error message, google EVP Texas courthouse
    Last edited by xenaswolf; 10-10-2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: link messed up

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Got me one of dem newfangled error messages.

attackatdawn Guest
    Here is one: http://www.mcmsys.com/~brammer/ scroll down the page to find them

There's a ton of them out there! have you tried EVP in your home? I'm kinda scared to.

EVPs

Would you do EVP experiments in your own home? For those that may not know what this is, it's the recording of spirit voices with tape recorders. I have to admit that even though I enjoy any and all things paranormal, I don't think I'd want to know what was being said about me in my sleep. We do have spirits and ghosts here in the house and I do hear them (I'm clairaudient) but I really don't want to hear something that would scare me, like something demonic.
    What do you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

xenaswolf Guest
    Nope, I wouldn't. Ignorance is bliss for me. I've seen shadow people and orbs in this apartment and even that freaks me out, even though I love all kinds of paranormal stuff.

Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
    I absolutely would! I'm living in my grandparent's old house; my grandmother died in the living room. It would be interesting to see if her voice showed up on tape.

Kathyf Guest
    Sure Why not

Danny62 Guest
    IT would be cool...I love to listen to EVP's late at night on the internet!!!

Snoopy Guest
    Sure..we bought a digital recorder just for that cause we have one room in our house that has a bad feeling can't explain it.. and my nephew who is a member of a paranormal group house sat for us once and he and his buddies are freaked out by that room. Haven't caught anything though.

cindysgold Guest
    I would love to try....but it scares the hell out of me.

orionova Guest
    I plan on trying it as soon as I can find where my old mini cassette recorder went.

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    I honestly think I'd be afraid.

Call me a hypocrite, but like Xena said: ignorance is bliss. I love a good haunting and I'd charge right into a demonically infested house, so long as it isn't mine!
    Feel better Xena..there is a nasty bug going around.

Daphne Guest
    I would do EVP work in my sparkling new apartment, but would doubt VERY much anything would be present ... however, I would LOVE to EVP at the nearby California Pioneer Cemetary-that would rock.

orionova Guest
    There is a very cool old cemetery near me. I'd be tempted to try it there, but I'm not sure. I do plan on going back to take more photos there once the leaves have fallen, so who knows? Again, it depends on whether I can find my tape recorder or not.

Xtine Guest
    I think I would, but I might chicken out and never listen to it.

orionova Guest
    My question is, how do you know if you've captured anything? The ones I've listened to online are difficult to distinguish from background noise.

I've learned that for some reason, kids have no problem deciphering what's being said. I agree, sometimes it is hard to make it out. Just ask them to be slow and articulate. If they can, they will! : ) Remember, they're coming in from a different frequency.

attackatdawn Guest
    You know I like to listen to other peoples tape recordings of evp's but I think I would freak if I heard anything on it from inside my house.

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindysgold View Post
    I would love to try....but it scares the hell out of me.
    Me, too! Maybe a relative's or friend's house, though! lol
    I don't have a digital recorder, anyway!

Sure!

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Call me a hypocrite, but like Xena said: ignorance is bliss. I love a good haunting and I'd charge right into a demonically infested house, so long as it isn't mine!
    Feel better Xena..there is a nasty bug going around.
    thanks Joplin, I'm thinking death would feel better at the moment LOL

MbalmR Guest
    I wouldn't mind. Heck, those folks were here before me; if they have something to say, I owe it to them to listen, I suppose.

I would rather have EVP than EEVVOO!

knothere Guest
    id get the whole kit
    and id do it with other ppl around me never alone
    and just about anywhere
    but no cemeteries

attackatdawn Guest
    Does anyone know of some EVP recordings websites, that you can listen to?

onehunglow Guest
    Maybe they'll give me the answer! Paper or plastic. I don't know. Cut down a tree or fill a land fill.

Quote Originally Posted by attackatdawn View Post
    Does anyone know of some EVP recordings websites, that you can listen to?
    Yep. Sure do. This one's my favorite. Click on the Gallery/Media link near the top in the center of the page:

http://www.ghostpix.com/index.htm

They only have a few evp's up right now because they're reworking the site. Check back later and they'll have more again.

Here's another one that's pretty decent:

http://ghoststudy.com/evp.html

There are quite a few out there but these are a couple that I have some background on (listening to interviews by participants, etc).

Ghosthunters used to have some good ones but I didn't see them there just now.

Jaxxx Guest
    Yes I would, if they here anyway why not listen to them

Keyser Soze Guest
    I want to, but I'm nervous of what I may find. I sweat that my house is haunted. We have all had experiences, sometimes simultaneously.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~

Guest Guest
    a group of friends and myself are amature ghost hunters and we have caught EVP's as well as orbs and apparitions...I'll have to get the files from the head of the group and post them for you to see...in my home in particular we caught an EVP as well as EVP's at the old settlers cemetery...does it scare me? nah...does it freak me out? heck yah...I think it's wicked cool!

EVP's

I know that some of us are ghost hunter fans here and I wanted to share some EVP's that I thought were REALLY creepy.

If you get freaked out by this stuff I don't recommend clicking on these links.
    You have been warned Muahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUviCxtUNDA EVP of the Ghost Hunters analysis of the Sharon Tate haunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgV8fm9xRc- Nothing I can say.. absolutely terrifying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiY1J...eature=related- Of a child
    Last edited by Miho; 05-02-2008 at 08:19 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Your first link isn't working right.

The second one is CREEPY. The third one almost sounds like background noise, but who am I to judge?

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUviCxtUNDA

That sound fix the first one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Snudgie Guest
    Excellent!!! I love the second one at the David Oman's house, on Cielo Drive.

I actually contacted him through youtube after it aired here, and got a message back! He's a really nice guy..and said if I'm ever in Hollywood to give him a call and I can go and visit!.....Might actually do it some day hehe! x

hoxharding Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgV8fm9xRc- Nothing I can say.. absolutely terrifying

I tried to listen- I was freaked before any voices came except it sounded like a voice was about to happen.

I have 2 reactions when listening to EVPs :1) Fear and 2) My eyes fill with tears and I am not even crying!

knothere Guest
    the kid one was the only thing i cood make out
    makes ya wonder what hees so upset about

Lisamarie Guest
    oooh man some of those get to me..I spent one night alone at home on a sat night cheking these out and thats something Ill never do again scared the hell outta me....just recently I was walking up the stairs to my apartment and heard my name in a girls voice clear as day like they were behind me and when I looked nothing......I locked the door behind me and went inside but I just felt weird. dunno....

Lita Guest
    The one that's thought to be from Sharon Tate always gets me. It sounds like she's saying "Take....take.....take anything you like,"; "Why are you doing this to me?" I also thought there was one that sounded like something about a baby. They make me sad because with the despair in the voice, it's easy to imagine Sharon Tate being scared, crying, saying "Take anything you like" and then asking "why are you doing this to me?" So horrible.

knothere Guest
    y ai think its weird that that guys home david owen i think his name is the only one weeve hered stuff from i bet the otheres have to have had sumin

knothere Guest
    dan posted one by redd foxx and i think it was his raspy voice redds that its lol

lovemymonkey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post

I tried to listen- I was freaked before any voices came except it sounded like a voice was about to happen.

I have 2 reactions when listening to EVPs :1) Fear and 2) My eyes fill with tears and I am not even crying!
    I am SO glad I'm not the only one that has the non crying tears during EVP's LOL They are SCARY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    The one that's thought to be from Sharon Tate always gets me. It sounds like she's saying "Take....take.....take anything you like,"; "Why are you doing this to me?" I also thought there was one that sounded like something about a baby. They make me sad because with the despair in the voice, it's easy to imagine Sharon Tate being scared, crying, saying "Take anything you like" and then asking "why are you doing this to me?" So horrible.
    There's a dispute on the TAPS message board that the Sharon Tate episode was all faked.

Lita Guest
    It's because of that stupid K-12 meter or K-2 meter thing. Jason and Grant have voiced their doubts about it actually working. There're a lot of debates over Ghost Hunters stuff. The footage from a prison that seems to show a figure running at the camera that has a blanket over it's head is said to be faked. I love the show though and have the utmost respect for TAPS.

cachluv Guest
    I'm sorry to be thick here, but what's an EVP??

marimbagirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    I'm sorry to be thick here, but what's an EVP??
    Electronic Voice Phenominon. Basically, it's a voice or a sound that's captured on tape that does not have an explination. Sometimes others can hear it and some times they can't. If you just hear this noise, but don't record it, then it's known as Voice Phenominon.

cachluv Guest
    Thank you dahhhling.

Xtine Guest
    i meet the TAPS guys in June. I will let you know if my opinion of them changes. I do not think they would fake any of the evidence. (my opinion) They always talk about how they are trying to get the world to believe in their science.