Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesus Was Packing

HappyCat Guest
    Wow. I would have loved to see the faces on all the parishoners when that thing was unveiled(I'm so going to hell). Whoa! No way the artist was creating an abdomen. I am pretty sure even my 8 year old nephew would think it was a giant penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    No joke on you hun!

I think the joke is on the artist who made that crucifix.

Sorry, I could not help myself!
    I agree, Nessa. However, all topics are fair game, members are not, folks.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

tarsier Guest
    Okay, I have to admit I initially saw a very poorly rendered set of abs I've seen worse "art".

Check out this one. One of my directors found out what church I was doing a rosary at tonight. He insisted i check out the crucifix there and see if I saw anything unusual...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f32e5fab.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	28641  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    wtf???? I'm sorry, the first word that enters my mind is 'sacrilege.' How could they let that hang in a church? It would be more at home at a satanist's gathering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Of course you haven't. It was done on purpose and I think it's disgusting. But I'm a believer, so there you go.

I'm a believer also, and I agree with both of you. That picture is just disgusting and degrading.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

I don't know which is worse. The artist who did this, and if they knew what they were doing, or those of us who see what we see. If the artist intentionally did that, then shame on them, that is utterly repulsive and blasphemous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

Next time I'm at one of our local churches- I'll have to snap a pic of a wooden sculpture they have on the wall- its of Jesus with a bunch of children- and Jesus looks exactly like Michael Jackson. I wish I was kidding.

It also brings to mind a story I heard when I was in college. A local stoner was also a sculptor and was commissioned to do Blessed Mary statue for a local Catholic church. From all accounts, it looks very nice, but if they were ever to pull it away from the wall, they will discover that she has a slit up the back of a robe and she's wearing a stiletto heel. Not sure how true that is, but the person who told me was pretty reliable.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

I think it is hilarious that it even was hung (excuse the pun) in the church in the first place.

But, I like to think of my Lord and Savior as packing.