Thread: Magicians

onehunglow Guest

Magicians

[SIZE=3]OK a lot of people got pissed at the ??Masked Magician? and I heard he had death threats. I can understand why others were upset. I did however find it amazing of how easy we were fooled. Sure we all know it is illusions but great illusions. When ??Blacks Magic? was on TV I video taped a show. When the guy disappears in a puff of smoke and slowed down you can see a bungee like device pull him up. I watched the You Tubes of Chris Angel exposed. Good tuff. I??ve have seen Copperfield, Penn & Teller and far too many others to name and they all did amazing stuff. Without doubt the most mind boggling to see live was Siegfried & Roy. These two took illusions to a level no one has yet to equal. One second your looking at a table that has a bird on it and they toss a clothe and a white tiger with a bird on its back sits there. What amazing it the speed at which they do this. Literally maybe one second. What a loss, but these men both understood the dangers of wild animals. I hope Roy does get well enough to at least do just part of the show. [/SIZE]

i really did not care how the tricks or illusions were done,it was the affect that was important.we were supposed to be entertained. sorta like some body sitting next to you saying "ya know mary poppins,superman,whoever,really can't fly".

otoh,i know trying to wise up a chump is futile,but exposing how easy it is to cheat in cards and other forms of gambling is worthwhile.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjEaLsl1BuM

I wanna know how David Blaine does this.

knothere Guest
    fake skin

newsocks Guest
    one of my best friends is a magician. he is a member of the magic castle.
    he feels the same as i do..which is.....

magic is called magic for a reason. its supposed to be fun, entertaining. illusions. all of that and more. its an art.
    its a sad thing that people are so open about spilling all of that out on the floor (making a tv program to reveal things). even for the people that want to know, let them learn and know. a tv show just spoils it for the ones that truly enjoy it.

i know a lot of my good friend's tricks, because we talk logistics and all that but i STILL love it. seeing the people who dont know, their reactions. the pureness of it being something so simple that can put a smile on peoples face.

death threats are of course HARSE and thats because the people giving them are probably harse. but the reason behind such things is because it is truly something that we still can have the shows some sort of old world. the whole behind the scenes of magicians is the "brotherhood" (sisterhood?) of it. ya know?

ok i am ranting.

onehunglow Guest

Not at all

Quote Originally Posted by newsocks View Post
    one of my best friends is a magician. he is a member of the magic castle.
    he feels the same as i do..which is.....

magic is called magic for a reason. its supposed to be fun, entertaining. illusions. all of that and more. its an art.
    its a sad thing that people are so open about spilling all of that out on the floor (making a tv program to reveal things). even for the people that want to know, let them learn and know. a tv show just spoils it for the ones that truly enjoy it.

i know a lot of my good friend's tricks, because we talk logistics and all that but i STILL love it. seeing the people who dont know, their reactions. the pureness of it being something so simple that can put a smile on peoples face.

death threats are of course HARSE and thats because the people giving them are probably harse. but the reason behind such things is because it is truly something that we still can have the shows some sort of old world. the whole behind the scenes of magicians is the "brotherhood" (sisterhood?) of it. ya know?
    People have spent years and a lot of money on their items. That is their life. That would be like someone going on TV and showing how to make KFC.

ok i am ranting.

newsocks Guest
    *harsh*x2

Did they ever reveal the masked magician?
    The survival of everyone on board depends on just one thing: finding someone on board who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner.

newsocks Guest
    yes they did. but i dont remember who it was.

dailyvault Guest
    It was, I believe, Val Valentino. There's actually a website - I believe it's www.themaskedmagician.com

Interestingly enough, one of the cable channels had the "Behind The Magic 4" special on the other night. Happened to turn it on just as the "Cremation" trick was being introduced.

oranjuicejones Guest
    I worked for a tiny bit on Chris Angell's show **spoiler** the way he was doing his illusions was that he had a twin.

Cups and Balls Hand Magic

The simple hand magic is the stuff that always gets me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvc68cKILxg

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    The simple hand magic is the stuff that always gets me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvc68cKILxg
    I love close up magic. I sometimes go to this shop in San Francisco just to watch the clerks demo the tricks. I use to do a version of the balls and cups.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Penn & Teller's Cups & Balls with see-through cups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrw3euF2cIg

Quote Originally Posted by Fool Moon View Post
    Penn & Teller's Cups & Balls with see-through cups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrw3euF2cIg
    Those Guys are just F**king amazing!
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Penn and Teller are the best, bar none....

Penn also has some wonderful writings on a variety of topics.

Even with the clear cups, I don't get how they do it! LOL I love Penn & Teller.

I cannot believe there is no thread on here about Amazing Joe Burrus...Google him. I am astonished he would try this
    But I hear someone else successfully completed this trick that ultimately killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by nytkrew View Post
    Did they ever reveal the masked magician?
    A very good point, Harry Houdini would have hated
    this person.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.