Thread: Calista Springer

steffie Guest

Calista Springer

~I didn't find this on here so thought I'd post it. This trial is on In Session today and I was really shocked.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/..._are_some.html

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...rs-final-phase
    Last edited by steffie; 04-06-2010 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Link didn't work

PurrPurr Guest
    I'm watching it now. I hope those parents get sent up the river.

Interesting note - the jury is allowed to discuss the case and ask questions during the proceedings. I guess it's some kind of new procedure in Michigan.

steffie Guest
    Me too. I'm already pissed
    You know sometimes I really wonder about people and the way they torment children.

STORMIE Guest
    Poor little girl. How can anyone treat a child this way? She must have felt so unworthy and unloved. DAMN! Makes me sick.

steffie Guest
    They try to talk about her being a risk to herself and others and she was mentally unstable, hmmm, could it have been her fucked up life??? Bingo! Makes me sick

malaki Guest
    She was "special needs" & prone to wandering..How about locking her bedroom door and putting bars on the windows so she can still move around freely and not hurt herself???

steffie Guest
    ITA Malaki. Did you see the pics at the trial? It pisses me off soooooo bad!! They had her waist chained, she didn't have a chance >o<

PurrPurr Guest
    I swear, the more I watch of this trial, the more pissed I am. There is no excuse to chain a young girl to a bed where she held prisoner in a filthy environment, not able to take care of her personal needs in any way.

No matter how dangerous they might of thought she was, there are medical facilities where she could be medicated and taken care of in a decent manner. It actually makes me sick to how this girl suffered. The panic she went through with the fire just to lay there and die. The one sister who was aware of her suffering never mentioned it to the authorities!

steffie Guest
    I am so pissed too.
    I cannot believe those dumb fuck "parents".
    Did you see the "alarm" they had that was supposed to notify them if she got out of bed?
    I hope they send them both to the poky.

candleinthewind Guest
    She had no blanket. How sad is that?

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    She had no blanket. How sad is that?
    The sisters' beds had blankets, sheets, and pillows. Calista had a BARE MATTRESS.

PurrPurr Guest
    Oh my God! This girl was only 91 pounds when she died at the age of 16. When Calista started talking about abuse at school, she was pulled out and home schooled. Things that make one go "hmmm," yes?

These people really need to burn...

imadeathhag Guest
    This makes me sick .

There ARE people with unruly teens who are DEFENDING the restraints put on Calista, but my stars, there IS a difference between a hulking hyperactive boy and an undernourished slip of a girl.

steffie Guest
    Yes there is Linnie.
    The social worker or something was on the stand talkingf about how sweet she was and she said she took Calista to Burger King and when she got home, her stepmother wouldn't let her keep the freakin paper crown because her sisters didn't have one. She also said they locked her in and she had accidents and peed the bed because she couldn't hold it. Then when she got up the stepmonster made her clean it up and even took her mattress off her cot so it was frame only for awhile.No blanket,pillow or mattress just frame.That pisses me off so bad!If I ever saw something like this I would call on them every day.That poor child had the worst life =[

tarsier Guest
    Another reason to hate Michigan; why are these people standing trail to determine custody of the remaining children? Why aren't they doing jail time for manslaughter instead?

rjbrasher Guest
    poor little girl. RIP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calista-springer-june-2006-c32ab2423b212940.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	27926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calista-springer-june-2005-d768e486ea3bef5c.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	27927  
    Last edited by rjbrasher; 04-11-2010 at 05:55 AM.

I have a special needs son. He is 15. He would wander at night, so I got a lock on his door, and baby proofed his room. All outlet covered, all toys that are dangerous or could become dangerous, put up on high high shelves so he cant get to them. And then I have a camera set up with the monitor next to my bed so that I can keep an eye on him. I could NEVER chain him to a bed. Never even crossed my mind. I understand wanting to make sure your child is safe at night, but dam..there are other ways to go at it. Ones that wont be abuse and kill your child. I am saddened beyond belief about this. How could someone do that. Special needs children are hard to take care of, but their happiness and excitedness over anything makes it a blessing. One child in my sons class, he is adorable, everytime i see him, I will say hi how are you, and he will laugh and jump around so excited to see me. I just love it. The love they give is worth every hardship!

hoxharding Guest
    I caught a bit of In Session today-they had someone on the phone-a teacher's Aide or someone like that. She were enraged about how Child Protective Services(?) really dropped the ball for this girl.

steffie Guest
    I heard that too. It was nice to hear someone passionate about Calista for a change. She even admitted that they dropped the ball.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I watched about ten minutes of this trial last week and I had to stop. It enrages me. That's the only way I can describe it.

The juror interaction is an experiment, I read an article about it but can't find it now, of course. The jurors will be allowed to submit their own questions to be asked of witnesses, after approved by the judge, and will be able to discuss the case while it's ongoing among themselves if all jurors are present. They also get all the written evidence to review themselves. It's being tried in several jurisdictions in MI, I think.

steffie Guest
    I think the jurors being able to ask questions during the trial is a great idea.Maybe it will cut down on deliberations.So far they have asked some good questions.
    Last edited by steffie; 04-12-2010 at 08:36 PM.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    I watched about ten minutes of this trial last week and I had to stop. It enrages me. That's the only way I can describe it.
    I think this is pissing a lot of people off. There were so many opportunities for social services or whomever to intervene and save this beautiful girl, yet dropped the ball. Just looking at Marsha and Tony makes me want to chain THEM to something.

Sorry, but IMO, anyone who abuses a child, especially their own, are scum of the earth.

steffie Guest
    Are you still watching the trial too Purr Purr?
    I am so pissed =[
    The way the father sits there holding hands with the stepmother~I'm like WTF!!!
    Her little friends testifying today brought tears to my eyes =/

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by steffie View Post
    Are you still watching the trial too Purr Purr?
    I am so pissed =[
    The way the father sits there holding hands with the stepmother~I'm like WTF!!!
    Her little friends testifying today brought tears to my eyes =/
    Oh yes, painful as it is. I felt so bad for little Calista's friends. All those people who tried to help by contacting the right parties who SHOULD HAVE DONE THEIR job, but did nothing. Because of that (and her scum bag "parents"), an innocent girl is dead.

I just found out about this case - have very sad. I feel sorry for the other girls, you know they are torn. To them, the way Calista was treated was normal and their parents were good to them so I am sure they are very confused. They have lost a sister and both parents.

I don't feel sorry for the parents, they should get what is coming to them, I am just looking at them through the eyes of their remaining kids. It is amazing to me how abused kids always seek to protect and have unconditional love for their parents.
    My Posse's On Broadway

steffie Guest
    It really makes me mad that they keep talking about her stealing pencils and erasers from kids at school.Ok we get it already.Let's talk about the freakin dog chain around her stomach =/

steffie Guest
    OMG PurrPurr do you see her sister on here today? That girl is lying through her teeth =/

PurrPurr Guest
    Okay, this sister of Marsha's REALLY pissed me off, and I despise her with the heat of ten thousand suns. It's OKAY to chain a kid to the bed, yet she turns around and said she never did it to her own sons? Calista was "deadly" and the woman was afraid of her? Who talks about their own niece that way? Ever hear of not speaking ill of the dead, which your sister took part in KILLING her, Ms Sawyer? I think this woman is as sociopathic and psycho as her sister, if not more so!

steffie Guest
    I know!! I feel like punching her and Calista's little sister both.They are both lying through their teeth.What's up with the mullet haircuts btw =O

PurrPurr Guest
    It doesn't take a legal expert to know that Courtney was coached before testifying. As many pointed out, how many teenagers say someone "was a hazard" to themselves and others? No question her parents and/or the defense attorney got to her, with some outright lying in between. NONE! Calling the prosecutor "the enemy" didn't help either. One just doesn't do that if they want to come off as genuine and credible.

steffie Guest
    She acted like such a smart ass too. I wanted to smack the shit out of her. I cannot believe that this is her sis and she acts like whatever. She's DEAD! This case is making me furious It also makes me sick how when they show Marsha and Anthony she is always holding his hands and rubbing on him~gag

endsleigh03 Guest
    Just tuning in. Calista's grandmother was interviewed and said she saw nothing to indicate special needs.

Also, a friend was reading letters Calista wrote her, she went on to say that she always had turtlenecks on that covered everything, and that her clothes were always dirty.
    The friend said she would go wash in the bathroom sink at school

PurrPurr Guest
    Did you see the demonstration by the fire department or whoever it was about how that poor girl died? I couldn't stand to watch the whole thing thinking about Calista's last moments. I had to change the channel.

steffie Guest
    I saw that PurPurr =[
    I can't wait to see he "father" on the stand tommorow

PurrPurr Guest
    Okay, the prosecutor had a golden opportunity fall into their lap..so why didn't they cross examine Anthony Springer?

PurrPurr Guest
    They were acquitted of murder, but found guilty of torture and child abuse.

steffie Guest
    ITA PurrPurr!
    Well I'm so glad that they found them guilty of child abuse and torture.I can't believe no second or first degree murder though. Finally that bitch Marsha is crying~for herself.
    Enjoy prison bitches!!

PurrPurr Guest
    Too bad she didn't get the same sentence at Tony - she only got 19 to 50 while he got the whole 25 to 50...but at least they're going to be locked up for awhile. There should be a special place in hell for both of them

cachluv Guest
    It seems that people who commit crimes against children are never punished as harshly as they should be.

And then Karma steps in....

ktkatinmn Guest
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...lista_spr.html

Not seeing any reports after this 10/2015 article, but parents could possibly get new trials???

***VERY SAD THERE HAS TO BE A WEBSITE LIKE THIS!!!
    http://disability-memorial.org/calista-springer

Ughhhhh!!!! What pisses me off is how these fawkers get off with a slap on the wrist for MURDERING children!

There are assholes serving more time for drug charges and child killers get 5 to 10 or probation....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by steffie View Post
    ~I didn't find this on here so thought I'd post it. This trial is on In Session today and I was really shocked.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/..._are_some.html

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...rs-final-phase
    Both those links tell me "page not found". I don't think I've heard of this, which is weird since I'm in northern Indiana and not far from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]