Thread: Donald Addrisi

Danny62 Guest

Donald Addrisi

One of the Addrisi Brothers, who were singer-songwriters that wrote the 1970s popular music hits "Never My Love" and "We've Got To Get It On Again".

1938-1984

Jaxxx Guest
    70's music sucked

Kathyf Guest
    I f
    They never really hit it big, however, and after further attempts at recording success on Imperial and Warner Brothers, they turned their attention to songwriting -- both were natural musicians and Don was a music school graduate, and they were signed to Valiant Records. During this period, they signed up a new vocal act called the Association, who eventually recorded "Never My Love," an Addrisi Brothers original that went to number two on the charts and put them permanently on the map of songwriters.

They re-emerged briefly as recording artists in their own right in the early '70s with a one-off hit single for Columbia entitled "We've Got to Get It on Again," and were probably most visible during that period as authors and singers of the title theme to the ABC series Nanny and the Professor -- their harmony singing was as good as ever. They continued working together until Don's death from cancer in 1984. ~ Bruce Eder, All Music Guideound this:

knothere Guest
    the 70' were fukn awsome

Cathy J. Guest
    They did have a disco tune later in the 70s. "Slow Dancing Turns me on"?????