Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicest and meanest celebrity you've met

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Good stuff! I've never met Paul Prudhomme, but have seen him around town. For the last 15 yrs or so, he has gotten so heavy that he gets around on a scooter- I guess he really enjoys his own cooking(!) I've never been to K-Paul's, either. I know they're famous for their Blackened Redfish, but I think it may have become somewhat of a tourist trap since you visited there, i.e. declining quality and sky-high prices-- but don't quote me on that.

janie Guest
    I took my dog "Norton" in to the vet and was sitting in the waiting room while they had him in the back to take his blood, when a man came in with a very scared doberman. He sat right across from me and we were talking and laughing about our dogs and it dawned on me that I was talking to Lou Diamond Phillips!! He was sooooo nice and a total animal lover. That was a nice day.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    Good stuff! I've never met Paul Prudhomme, but have seen him around town. For the last 15 yrs or so, he has gotten so heavy that he gets around on a scooter- I guess he really enjoys his own cooking(!) I've never been to K-Paul's, either. I know they're famous for their Blackened Redfish, but I think it may have become somewhat of a tourist trap since you visited there, i.e. declining quality and sky-high prices-- but don't quote me on that.
    Paul pretty much lost all the cartlidge (sp?) in both knees and can't walk anymore (and yes, it was because of his weight).

I disagree with your opinion regarding the declining quality and prices. The quality has always been excellent as I go there about once every 2-3 years when I'm in town. As for prices - welcome to the Big Easy, everything is expensive.

But K-Paul's is worth it.

Poor guy, my heart goes out to him. I know literally how he feels... as you can probably tell, I am a "Foodie" and after struggling all my life with my weight, I had gastric bypass surgery last year and have already lost 120 lbs. He was doing really well for a while, and even put out a "Light" Cajun Cookbook. But I think when his wife, Kay (the K in K Paul's), passed away, it was hard for him to control his eating. What is really amazing is that Paul is now 67, yet people have said for years that he would die soon because of his extreme obesity.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Poor guy, my heart goes out to him. I know literally how he feels... as you can probably tell, I am a "Foodie" and after struggling all my life with my weight, I had gastric bypass surgery last year and have already lost 120 lbs. He was doing really well for a while, and even put out a "Light" Cajun Cookbook. But I think when his wife, Kay (the K in K Paul's), passed away, it was hard for him to control his eating. What is really amazing is that Paul is now 67, yet people have said for years that he would die soon because of his extreme obesity.
    Congrats on your weight loss!! That's tremendous- I know it couldn't have been easy... Yes, it seems that Prudhomme has definitely tried to change his condition, but hasn't been as succesful as you have. It must be tough for him when his livelihood is so tied up in food and cooking. Oh well, I'm glad he's still around.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgensen Kelly View Post
    Okay...I want to play too.

Angie Dickinson = the first celebrity I ever met. Lovely. My sister was her daughter Nikki's swimming teacher. I got her autograph. I was devestaed to hear Nikki took her life last year. Tragic.

Along the same lines, Burt Bacharach, many years later, when he was with Carole Bayer Sager. One of my first celebrity crushes. Still love him. He was one of the most gracious wonderful people I have ever met. Carole was nice too.

The Smothers Brothers. Interesting. Dick seemed very docile, pussy whipped. Tom, who took a group of us to dinner was intelligent and witty and told stories about all that went on way back when. Fascinating evening and a history lesson on 60's television from one who was there. He kept saying, "I can't stand my brother".

Had connections to the concert with Bobby Rydell, Fabian & Frankie Avalon. Bobby Rydell made me feel like family and his late wife Camille told me if I was ever in New Jersey, to come by the house and she would make me lasagne. Fabian- aloof. Frankie - seemed stuck up.

Bobby Sherman - my teen idol. I know him a little "too" well but I can say he takes the time to make his fans feel special. In his 60's now, but still has a boyish naive quality to him. He never got jaded.

On the other hand, Davy Jones. My first love at 6 or 7 years old. What a disapointment. The stories I could tell. Horrible little man with a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Every time I hear his name I say, "Little Shit". Sad that my pre-teen fantasies were destroyed.

While we are on the Teen Idols tour (9 years ago), gotta say that Peter Noone is funny, sweet and generous. GREAT in concert.

Harry Chapin, may he rest in peace. Beautiful gracious man. Kissed me on my hand. I didn't wash it for weeks.

Bruce Johnston from the Beach Boys. Down to earth, and very friendly. Put up with my ex husband telling everyone within earshot that Bruce "wrote the songs".

Jim Bogios of the Counting Crows. Soon to be an in-law family member. Nicest musician in the world.

Butch Patrick from the Munsters. Bought us a drink. GREAT guy, lots of fun.

Silly, and out of date, but Michael Damien formerly from The Young and the Restless. I met him before he was on the show and later invited me to spend the day with him on the set. One of the best days of my life. What a sweetheart. We exchanged Christmas Cards for years. 100% class act. Hope he is doing well.

Lots of others that I have met, mostly at the "has been autograph shows". If I think of more, I will share.
    What an amazingly charmed life- please keep us posted

AlaskaDeathHag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    I was named after Tanya Tucker...... Ugh go figure she's a bitch.
    Ugh, I share her name too, but I wasn't named after her.

My heart goes out to you. Why are all the "famous" chicks named Tanya bitches or criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaDeathHag View Post
    Ugh, I share her name too, but I wasn't named after her.

My heart goes out to you. Why are all the "famous" chicks named Tanya bitches or criminals?
    LOL. Another Tanya here... I hate having her name. I wasn't named after her either, but people always say "Like Tanya Tucker?" GRRRRRRR.

Lady Dulcinea

thescreensiren Guest
    Nicest were:
    Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp, Kelsey Grammar, Hugh Hefner...those are the ones that come to mind first, but most of them have all been very nice, regular people. My favorite encounter was with Al Pacino. Extremely shy, polite, and kind, and gave brief but great advice to me about my field of work that I still carry with me to this day.

I have never had a bad encounter with a celebrity with the exception of Melissa Joan Hart (Clarissa Explains It All)..that one killed me, because I ADORED her when I was a kid...but who knows, everyone has their bad days.

And um...went to school with a lot of up-and-coming young people..and knew one particular has-been TV sitcom star very well for a while until she cheated on her fiancee and hooked with my boyfriend at the time. Yeah, still getting over that one!

marimbagirl Guest
    Tommy Lee Jones was a really nice man. I met him at an airport when I was 4. He smiled and asked me my name and talked to me for a while.

Barry Sanders is really cool as well. I've met him many times and he always finds time to stop and talk and has a wicked sense of humor.

The only big name that I've ever had a problem with was Troy Aikman. Biggest jerk in the world.

a_team_rerun Guest

living in ohio

means I don't get a chance to meet celebrities hardly ever, but and dont' laugh... the nicest celebrity I've ever met was Huey Lewis, he seemed just like an average joe type guy and didn't act any different that someone off the street

majcm Guest
    Only met two that I can recall.

Tina Louise-a book signing near my home. A children's book. In her little speech said it took her 10 years to write it! It's a 10-12 page book in the vein of Go Spot Go. Geez. We had to buy the book (donated it to my elementary school) for her to sign. Took our Gilligan's Island DVD's. Assistant saw us with them & said she wouldn't sign anything but the book. I was going to leave it, but my hubby showed them to her and said, "I guess you hate even looking at these, right?" jokingly. She said " Well, I just like looking at my book more." When we said we still watch the DVD's all the time, she just said, "Really?" very bored and dismissive like. No one would be buying her dumb book if it wasn't for Gilligan. Bad skin & hair, too.

The nice one was very nice. Pat Travers the musician. Went to an outdoor concert and met him after the show. He posed for pictures and talked with us a long time. Hubby plays in bands & he was very interested & friendly.

We saw Matt Dillion at the Farmer's Market in L.A. on a date. No one approached them while they ate. He is very pale skinned. Saw Brad Pitt turning into his & JEnnifer Aniston's driveway in a silver Porsche (right before they split) He was talking on a cell. Wonder if it was Angelina, lol.

SlippyInvader Guest
    I met Linda Gray last Thursday outside the theatre where I went to see her play Terms Of Endearment. We had a little chat and she was very nice and signed her autograph for me. I was going to get a photo of her but my damn battery went

QueenB Guest
    I worked on a show which was filmed last Sunday and is due to be aired tonight in the UK, and it had Celine Dion in it. I know some people think shes kinda naff but she was lovley to me and when she was leaving the theatre thanked me and wished me a goodnight. There were some fans hanging round the stage door who had been there all day, from about 9am and this was about 8.30pm and she was worried about them as it had been raining. Celine went out and spoke to all of them before she left. I was impressed as she is the Queen of cheese but in my opinion she was very humble and not diva'ish at all. Miss Piggy was on the bill too but I didnt get to meet her as she was packed up in a box ......

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marimbagirl View Post
    Tommy Lee Jones was a really nice man. I met him at an airport when I was 4. He smiled and asked me my name and talked to me for a while.

Barry Sanders is really cool as well. I've met him many times and he always finds time to stop and talk and has a wicked sense of humor.

The only big name that I've ever had a problem with was Troy Aikman. Biggest jerk in the world.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Well there goes my delusional little crush on Troy Aikman. Damn I hate when u find out someone you thought was cool is really a jackass.[/SIZE]

Laura1020 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeazell View Post
    I have 4 times, went to see Spin City twice and the second time was his birthday and a bunch of us girls took him birthday cards and a gift. The 3rd and 4th time was on the set of 2 and a half men. Saw the pilot, was really funny and the pilot had Blythe Danner as the mother. When it finally hit the air, they had the current mom now. Jenna Elfman was in the audience that nite.
    We went about 2 yrs ago the episode his ex-bitch wife was in. And was able to go down and talk to him and get an autograph.
    He really is a nice guy. Drugs did bad things to him and he made bad choices during that part of his life.
    Now his Dad is another one. Had coffee with him by accident. Nicest guy you ever met and he's been on the Spin City too when we were there.
    Now later I'll tell you the HORRIBLE story of Mickey (asshole) Rooney.
    Thanks! I haven't checked this thread in a while, so sorry I didn't thank you sooner. I'm so glad to hear that he is a nice guy. I just knew Denise was the psycho in that marriage!

Cettie Guest
    Hillary Clinton was the biggest, meanest bitch ever incarnated on this or any other planet. She came here to do a book signing and she was no different than the last time she visited when slick willy was rehearsing for one of his debates. If she becomes the next president I will move to Canada.

mike Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    [SIZE=3]I met Mrs. Clinton months before the Iowa caucus. She came to NV where I was at that time and I saw her at the University. I had no idea who she was, but she was shaking hands. I walked up to her and got within 3 feet and wanted to run. The 1st thing I noticed was her face. She had Bondo filling up the craters covered with powder. All of sudden she reached out and shook my hand and said to vote for Bill Clinton. I got nailed with a blast of bad breath that smelled like an old outhouse. I moved on and some flunky handed me a brochure on Bill. We laughed on the way back from our coffee break about this guy getting elected. [/SIZE]
    Talk about a lasting impression HAHA LOL

19. 11-07-2007, 11:53 AM

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cettie View Post
    Hillary Clinton was the biggest, meanest bitch ever incarnated on this or any other planet. She came here to do a book signing and she was no different than the last time she visited when slick willy was rehearsing for one of his debates. If she becomes the next president I will move to Canada.

I hope you're serious- because I intend to save this post and hold you to it.

Better start packing now - I have the feeling she's going to win it...

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    LOL. Another Tanya here... I hate having her name. I wasn't named after her either, but people always say "Like Tanya Tucker?" GRRRRRRR.

Lady Dulcinea
    Welp, I wasnt named after Tanya. I was named Kasey. After friggin Kasey Kasem.I dont know what my mom was thinkin.

I met Mark Wahlberg back when he was Marky Mark. He was actually very nice..and flirty..just how I like em..lol..
    ~SinKitty Aka Kasey

qulevergrrl Guest
    Geez, I've met many. Total jerks...JJ from Good Times, my very fav rocker Robert Plant is a complete loser, Kurt Russell is mean. Robin Williams is really nice when not spun out. A notable weirdo is Joe Pants from The Soprano's, etc. He has this crush on my sister. Kinda creepy. I'll add more later.

Carlie Guest
    Nicest celeb I've met HANDS DOWN is Nicholas Brendon, who played Xander on the Buffy TV series. I met him the day after they filmed the last ep of season 3, and he was fanTABulously funny and nice Taime Downe comes in close second, although I'm not sure if he would have been nice had I not been with a friend of his. *shrugs*

Not so nice... Daniel Ash, but he looked really tired, so I chalk that up to a bad day.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    Welp, I wasnt named after Tanya. I was named Kasey. After friggin Kasey Kasem.I dont know what my mom was thinkin.

"Just remember to keep your feet on the ground-- and keep reachin' for the stars." haha

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Lol!!hehehe

squirellygirl Guest
    John Travolta was hands-down the most gracious celebrity I've ever met. I was an extra on a movie with him and even though the PAs were telling everyone not to look at him or try to speak to him, when he came into the room he made a point to go around and speak to each of us, shake our hands, and thank us for participating in the film. Blew me away!

I saw Harry Shearer a few years ago in a place where obviously no one knew who he was. He seemed really tickled that me and my friend wanted a picture with him. I whispered to him that Spinal Tap ruled as I was leaving and he smiled and said they were coming back one day!

The weirdest celebrity I ever met was Katie Holmes and this was pre-Tom Cruise fame. She was very... odd and not friendly. Supposedly it was also said she would do anything to get more famous.

cindyk Guest
    i haven't met many celebrities
    i got to meet mandy moore when i was like 13ish before she was even on the mainstage. she was touring with nsync and she played on the side stage. she was really sweet and SO tiny. i have to dig up that picture...

my mom won tickets to NY's today show and we got to stand outside for the reba concert, she was so cute and sweet too. my mom got her autograph

TIM CURRY is the big one for me. i met him in london after spamalot and he signed autographs for the whole crowd and even took pictures with anyone who wanted one. then we went back 2 nights later so i could get another pic with him i love him in case you can't tell...

whoa that pics big sorry.

mgpm Guest
    I love Tim Curry.

I met Mika (he's a new pop star, very popular in Europe and the rest of the world--only has one album so far) last June in DC, and he was VERY nice. He talked to fans for a long time, really looking at each person and attending to what they said. He's so cute too.

Here's a scrapbook page I made of meeting him.

30. 11-08-2007, 06:24 AM

cindyk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mgpm View Post
    I love Tim Curry.

I met Mika (he's a new pop star, very popular in Europe and the rest of the world--only has one album so far) last June in DC, and he was VERY nice. He talked to fans for a long time, really looking at each person and attending to what they said. He's so cute too.

Here's a scrapbook page I made of meeting him.
    1) glad to hear you love tim
    2) i love mika too. i don't have all of his songs but i have a few that i love. youre so lucky you got to meet him! cool pictures
    3) AWESOME scrapbook page!! i scrapbook too. but nothing like that. i have a tendency to not finish projects i start and scrapbooking happens to be one of them...

---
    steve, i heard that too. i think he said somewhere that his influences included freddie. also i in 'grace kelly' he even says "so i tried a little freddie"

Arms of Morpheous Guest
    Have met a few celebrities over the years and also have a great story from my late Dad about an oldie!

Dad was a training sergeant during WWII and never made it overseas because of bad eyes - as a result, he trained countless soldiers during his 4 years of service - was stationed in Fort Sam Houston TX and was sitting having coffee when some guy comes in and sits down - not in uniform - middle aged with a "mop of hair" (in those days it was unusual for men to have a lot of hair). At any rate my Dad and this guy get talking for about 30 minutes about usual BS and then my father says: gee, I'm from Massachusetts but it seems like I have met you before: the guy says, you may have seen me at the movies: short story, it was Harpo Marx! Hell of a guy according to my Dad - no aires, signed his autograph to send back home to my Dad's parents; told him in he was in town for a USO tour and if my Dad ever made it out to LA to look him up (he never did go) and he'd buy him a beer. In short, a very nice guy to an unknown soldier.

About three years ago met Jake Gillenhaal (sp.) filming here in Massachusetts and had lunch with him on location set - nice kid - very friendly - I didn't know who is was and I embarrassed my daughters by saying have you ever been in a movie before (DAddddddddd.....)! Seriously a really nice kid who took pics with my daughters and get this, when my then 8 year old daughter asked for his autograph he gave it to her and he asked for HER autograph and then put it in the top pocket of his shirt and told her that he would keep it there while filming the next scene with Dustin Hoffman and that she would always know that during that scene in the movie her autograph would be in his pocket - cool thing to do for a little girl and I will always think kindly of him for it!

Same day, met Dustin Hoffman and got gracious family pics with him and talked for about 15 minutes after lunch about the beauty of our town (Marblehead) - couldn't find his script copy and we were told he was "upset" but you wouldn't know it because he was great with us and very gracious! Stood with our family with my arm around his shoulder and was a very nice, unaffected man; seemingly a menche - anyhow, it can't beat Scott's stories but on the whole a good family memory!

mgpm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemr68 View Post
    Mika is excellent. I downloaded his album off the internet. In fact, I listened to 'Big Girl' on the train this morning. People are saying he's the new Freddy Mercury.
    That's the reason I love him so much. I'm a huge Queen fan...and Mika's voice is awesome. He's not a Freddie clone, but yes, there are similarities.

How cool is that, that Jake said that to your girl!! That was an AWESOME thing to do.

Mika was on Graham Norton with Dustin Hoffman. Dustin thoroughly embarassed Mika by accusing him of looking down his wife's cleavage. I think it's on You Tube.

Arms of Morpheous Guest
    That's the reason I love him so much. I'm a huge Queen fan...and Mika's voice is awesome. He's not a Freddie clone, but yes, there are similarities.

How cool is that, that Jake said that to your girl!! That was an AWESOME thing to do.

Mika was on Graham Norton with Dustin Hoffman. Dustin thoroughly embarassed Mika by accusing him of looking down his wife's cleavage. I think it's on You Tube.
    \

Yes MGPM - we thought it was really kind!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Fred Rogers...nuff said

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Ronald McDonald....also a major league prick!

Justin Timberlake was the meanest for me. I've only met a few celebrities but he definitely takes the cake. At a meet and greet in El Paso on their final tour "POP ODYSSEY" he was mumbling under his breath as my friend and I were walking by, something about "Tired of doing this shit for these kids" he wouldn't look up or smile at anyone.

JC Chasez was sitting next to him and as he shook my hand and smiled at me I asked, "What the hell is wrong with him!?" pointing to Justin, there were a few gasps from the kids behind me. "We've spent a lot of money on your through the years, if you're going to be a prick I want my money back!!" Justin looked up at me with disgust while I got high 5's from some girls behind me as well as Chris and JC as they were at the end of the table.

Jessica 1
    Justin 0

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arms of Morpheous View Post

About three years ago met Jake Gillenhaal (sp.) filming here in Massachusetts and had lunch with him on location set - nice kid - very friendly - I didn't know who is was and I embarrassed my daughters by saying have you ever been in a movie before (DAddddddddd.....)! Seriously a really nice kid who took pics with my daughters and get this, when my then 8 year old daughter asked for his autograph he gave it to her and he asked for HER autograph and then put it in the top pocket of his shirt and told her that he would keep it there while filming the next scene with Dustin Hoffman and that she would always know that during that scene in the movie her autograph would be in his pocket - cool thing to do for a little girl and I will always think kindly of him for it!
    That's a great example of someone going above and beyond when they don't have to.

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arms of Morpheous View Post
    Have met a few celebrities over the years and also have a great story from my late Dad about an oldie!

WOW. THAT IS SO NICE OF HIM. SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT GUY. WHAT A SWEETIE.

Same day, met Dustin Hoffman and got gracious family pics with him and talked for about 15 minutes after lunch about the beauty of our town (Marblehead) - couldn't find his script copy and we were told he was "upset" but you wouldn't know it because he was great with us and very gracious! Stood with our family with my arm around his shoulder and was a very nice, unaffected man; seemingly a menche - anyhow, it can't beat Scott's stories but on the whole a good family memory!
    HOW AWESOME. I'D LOVE TO MEET DUSTIN.

thescreensiren Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.wanttohaveitall View Post
    HOW AWESOME. I'D LOVE TO MEET DUSTIN.
    That's such an awesome Dustin Hoffman/Jake Gyllenhal story. After watching that Lili Tomlin "freak-out" video from the "I Heart Huckabees" set on Youtube, it seems like Dustin Hoffman is pretty calm and collected--it's admirable.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UMPz3Z86naI

Careful--there's some language in that video!!

mgpm Guest
    I've had dreams about meeting Mr. Rogers. He was always nice in my dreams.

I know someone who met Jodie Foster and she wasn't very friendly. Same guy met George Takai (very nice) and Alice Cooper (also very nice).

Isn't it kind of funny...Bob Hope, Steve Allen, and Bing Crosby--they were supposed to be so moral and God fearing, yet they were not nice to the people around them? Hmmm. I went to the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in DC (The largest Cathedral in the US) and Bob Hope and his wife had donated a shrine to Our Lady of Hope. This shrine is very beautiful and ornate. Maybe he thought he could buy his way into heaven. I'm sure when he got there he was slapped by, "Couldn't you be NICE to people?"

The pastor of my church met John Paul II. Our priest was standing off stage and there was this little mouse scurrying back and forth. He was concerned until he saw JP looking at the mouse and then looking at him and they both were snickering watching it. He said JP was very kind.

I've had dreams about meeting Mr. Rogers. He was always nice in my dreams.

I know someone who met Jodie Foster and she wasn't very friendly. Same guy met George Takai (very nice) and Alice Cooper (also very nice).

Isn't it kind of funny...Bob Hope, Steve Allen, and Bing Crosby--they were supposed to be so moral and God fearing, yet they were not nice to the people around them? Hmmm. I went to the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in DC (The largest Cathedral in the US) and Bob Hope and his wife had donated a shrine to Our Lady of Hope. This shrine is very beautiful and ornate. Maybe he thought he could buy his way into heaven. I'm sure when he got there he was slapped by, "Couldn't you be NICE to people?"

The pastor of my church met John Paul II. Our priest was standing off stage and there was this little mouse scurrying back and forth. He was concerned until he saw JP looking at the mouse and then looking at him and they both were snickering watching it. He said JP was very kind.
    I have heard very similar stories about JP also. He was a very gentle man and delighted in the small things as a little kid would do.

My Mom told me that when really mean, evil people donate a ton of money to a religious cause, they are paying for Fire Insurance!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    Oh my goodness where to start....

My early years I worked at now closed Edie's Diner in Marina Del Rey, CA I met there...

Sammy Shore (Pauley's dad) had a comedy store next door to us, at the time Pauley wasn't famous yet. Nicest old fart on the block. Funny as hell too.

Geraldo Rivera-Douche
    Christopher Barnes and his Mom and Lil Bro would come in every sunday, really nice.
    Richard Moll-Douche
    Billy Zabka-He was all right
    Lee Curreri (Bruno from Fame) was cool, he'd come in real late and hang out with us when it was empty.
    Gil Gerard-Quiet man but a nice guy
    Raquel Welch-I mean WOW we all peed our pants when she came in to eat there. We were all star struck. She barely had any make-up on and she was still freakin' beautiful. Very very gracious and and all out nice lady. Oozes sexyness too. When she speaks to you it's like there is no one else in the room.

I also worked for a medical group in Santa Monica back in the day and it was celeb central in there some days....Met...

Patty Duke-OMG Nicest fricken lady ever!
    Joyce De Witt-Total Mother Earth, very nice lady
    Daphne Zuniga-Sort of a Snippy one
    Merideth Baxter-Birney-Nice lady
    Lucy Arnaz-Now she was filming in our clinic, we'd always have a crew in there because we had such a modern look to our clinic, they loved us. Lucy was the most upitty mean twat I've ever come across! No words!
    Jackie Stallone-Nice but yeah I agree she is kinda out there
    Jane Wyman-Snooty, but she was nice to me
    Quincy Jones-Cool Cat
    Frank and Gail Zappa-Nice folks
    Kyle Mclaughlin(sp?)-kept to himself but he was alright

Martin Sheen and his whole family knew my Grandmother very well. They went to the same church every sunday at St. Monica's in Santa Monica. Very nice people, they came to her funeral in 2003 when she passed. She had no real idea he was a famous actor, she just knew him for years and years from church. He spoke perfect spanish to her every time they saw each other.

When I lived in San Diego I hung out with alot of ball players, some are too freakin out there for words.

Ken Caminiti-Before he was all drugged up he was hot shit and really nice, i was so sad when he died.
    Phil Nevin-Kind of a douche, but when you get to know him he's really cool
    Cuba Gooding. Jr threw out the 1st pitch one time, this dude is funny as hell, really nice man
    Mini-Me Vern Troyer also threw out a 1st pitch, he's a little bastard! Really perverted.

Don't get me started on Barry Bonds, Derek Jeter, A-Rod, Mike Piazza, Dieon Sanders(when he played ball he was the biggest douche bag to everyone), ahh the list goes on.

When Garth Brooks played ball with the Padres during Spring Training for a goof one year, I was like OMG what a jack-ass. Now I hate country, BUT I will say whenever a game was over, that man would stay behind to make sure EVERYONE got an autograph or a photo, even if that meant staying behind for 2 hours to do it. Very nice man, very humble and gracious!

Tony Gwynn-What can I say about "T". The man is a legend, and the nicest man you'll ever meet.

I know I have more....
    Last edited by Cubican; 11-09-2007 at 10:41 PM.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubican View Post
    Oh my goodness where to start....

My early years I worked at now closed Edie's Diner in Marina Del Rey, CA I met there...

LOL I used to live right around the corner from there up until a couple months ago and would eat there all the time. I heard they closed; I couldn't believe it because it was around forever..... And I'm jealous that you met Joyce Dewitt- she's one celebrity crush that I never got to meet. Glad to hear she's a sweetheart.

dovescry1999 Guest
    O.K.
    Met Danny Glover in San Francisco. Quoted a line from The Color Purple, and he cracked up (He was high...) Sweet.
    Clint Eastwood-Very Nice
    Simon Cowell- At Las Vegas Airport. GHe was by himself, and I looked at him, and smiled. He smiled back (Like Yeah, It's me; Don't tell anyone...)
    Bill Clinton At a rally for Al Gore, in Oakland, CA. The sweetest eyes, and the softest hands GOD that man is good looking.
    Bill Nunn(Regarding Henry Rehab guy, Do the Right Thing Radio Raheem)Sweetheart, he let me buy him a drink.
    Don Johnson(While I lived in the Bay Area, he had that show Nash something) Complete asswipe
    Laurence Fishburne (While they filmed the Matrix in Oakland,CA) Nice
    Keeanu Reeves-nice, kinda shy, though
    Boz Skaggs- Cute, and very sweet
    Sharon Stone- A little flaky
    Johnnie Cochran-At book signing. He was a nice guy, but his bodyguards were asses...
    Last edited by dovescry1999; 11-10-2007 at 01:31 PM.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    Ooh, I wanna Play!

Courtney Cox - asshole
    Ellen Degeneres - Terrific
    Anne Heche - asshole
    Dolly Parton - wonderful
    Molly Ringwald - asshole asshole asshole
    David Spade - asshole
    Jackie Stallone - nice but nuts
    Brenda Blethyn - hysterical
    Roy Scheider - genuinely interesting and nice
    John Waters - I could barely speak
    Grace Jones - I pissed her off, calling her a hermaphrodite
    Carrie Fisher - friendly, funny and a bit spastic
    Liza - OMG she is her mother
    Michael Learned - totally has her career in check, and funny nice
    Eartha Kitt - vile
    Tammy Faye Bakker - really sweet
    Jerry Springer - nice and friendly. enough
    Adam West - asshole
    Jimmy Carter - so genuine and friendly
    Ryan Seacrest - nice - didn't get the gay vibe
    Gary Coleman - asshole
    The Girls Next Door - so nice
    Dean Martin - very friendly and nice
    George Burns - again, very friendly and nice
    Roger Moore - practical joker, bizarre, and very nice.

more later, I love reading these
    Scott:

You really called Grace a Hermaphrodite ?
    I always thought she/He had the workings of Double duty !
    And, I read about your encounters with Bat-Thing, and I cracked up !

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    That really sucks. Two ladies I worked with years ago had a similar experience with Dean Martin jr. They were in the same restaurant, dressed nice, and saw Dino. They walked over to say hi and ask for an autograph. He said something to the effect "why don't sluts like you just take off". Not nice.

...And, then WHAM!!!!!!!!!!
    Right into the side of a mountain !

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I had an ex who was a "star chaser" (Cher is her BIG-TIME one and she's even hung out with her!),

But she said the same about Madonna - not very friendly and REFUSES to give ANY autographs.

My ex also got to hang out with Prince and his entourage on one of his tours in the 80's and mentioned how Madonna and Prince had a thing going on and Madonna would hang out in his hotel room all day before his show that night.

My ex was in another hotel room, partying with the entourage (security guards and such), so she didn't see her coming and going - the guys told her about it.
    Funny you should mention Prince...
    In the 80s, one of his bodyguards, "Big Gyp" was a close friend of the family. He told us of how people would be in the room, and Prince wouold like "Suddenly Appear" and freak people out ! Then , he would just walk out the door...
    Big Gyp is homeless now, somewhere in San Francisco. Last time I saw him, he was walking around the Powell Street BART station. I think he lost it when his mom died.

I also met Sheila E. (Gaydar Alert!) She wasn't too cool, Jerome Benton was a crazy man, very sweet, but Morris Day (Banana Freckles) is a complete asswipe, with delusions of Grandure...

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    That story is totally straight-up. I handled all the footage from the old Steve Allen (did I mention I really hate this guy?) Shows including performances by Sam Cooke, Jerry Lee Lewis, and other early rockers and Dick Clark wanted to purchase all the footage for $1500 outright (no residuals or anything). Steve and I told him "no way" (we were making around $75,000 a year off 30-second replays) and he blackballed Steve's footage so if anyone bought footage from Meadowlane Productions (Steve's company) then they could never get Clark footage. This was right around the time the Bloopers shows caught on.

Oh, and all that footage does exists. But then along comes VH1 which rarely does business with Clark Productions so karma did come around and bite him on the ass.

...I take it you don't like Steve Allen, huh ?

dovescry1999 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Tourist View Post
    OK, here's my musician list:

Nikki Sixx - wrote the intro to my book, always a great guy on the phone. All business in the morning and more at ease in the evening. Oddly enough when he was clean he would be up with his trainer by 5:30 in the morning.

Vince Neal - nice guy back stage. Nurses a Heineken for like two hours. Seems to have control over his demons. (gee Vince, was your wife an ex-stripper because you can hardly tell!)

The Scorpions - the greatest guys in the world. Basically friendly drunk Germans.

Joan Jett - painfully shy but really nice. Signs autographs all night long if thats what it takes. She ended up talking with my 12-year-old daughter for 30 minutes backstage after a gig.

Kenny Laguna - co-wrote most of Jett's songs and plays in the band. He was big in the 60's and has seen it all. He's what your dad would be like if your dad was cool.

Barbara Mandrell - bitch. (did I mention she's a bitch?)

Diana Ross - call her "Diana" to her face ... I dare you. It's funny as shit when she goes into the whole "Miss Ross" thing. Oh, and she's a diva bitch.

Mondel Lowe (deceased) - true story - I'm setting up the stage at some jazz club in Hollywood when he walks over to me and starts berating me like there is no tomorrow. So I tell Mr. Lowe (and I quote) "fuck you you fucking worthless fuck you don't pay my fucking check so get out my fucking sight while I'm working" (I'm 6-7 so I can say those kinds of things). He just looks at me, turns, and doesn't come back until 10 minutes before his set.

Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac) - absolutely unbearable during the taping of Tusk. Hey Christine, how's that solo thing workin' for ya?

Michael Anthony (bass for Van Halen) - hands down the nicest rock star working today. I'm boycotting Van Halen until they bring him back.

Sammy Hagar - loves the fans but a bit of a prima donna (but not in a bad way).

Jimmy Buffett - nice guy but he definately runs with the high-end NY South Hamptons crowd.

Rush - Geddy and Alex are working musician who will take time out for the fans. Neil is busy telling everyone he hates the rock star thing and then writes three crappy books bitching about being a rock star. Neil NEVER meets with fans.

Robert Plant (Led Zep) - for a guy who is a rock god, he's actually pretty nice. A friend of mine went up to his house, knocked on the door, and posed in the doorway for a photo. Just another Tuesday at the Plant household.

Stevie Ray Vaughn - never meet him personally but knew his road crew. He smelled so bad they used to call him "Stinky Ray Vaughn."

Otis Redding's widow - don't even think of approaching her. Sweet Jesus she is a piece of work (now I regret NOT printing that "dead Otis on a hook" picture in The Tombstone Tourist - Musicians)

Rock 'n' Roll Museum in Cleveland - assholes
    Experience Museum in Seattle - assholes with a really crappy collection
    Georgia Music Hall of Fame - always great to work with

Jimmy Bryant - worldest fastest guitar. I met with his sister in rural Georgia at his grave and she told me C&W stories for over 2 hours. Turns out Chet Atkins was a total prick just like we all thought.

I think I've got that pic in this book at home"Too young to Die..."
    I heard he was a sweetheart, and the Bee Gees wrote "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart " for him...

dovescry1999 Guest

Ditto...
    I'll even go half on your airfare

Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999
    also met Sheila E. (Gaydar Alert!) She wasn't too cool, ...
    My ex also met Sheila E while she eating at a Denny's once (back in the 80's while on tour). She was there with her entourage and girlfriend (at that time) - so yes, your Gaydar was right on! My ex said Sheila was pretty rude and standoffish and had someone in her entourage speak for her...

Hey Sheila - how's that career going???