Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Bieber

All I can say is I got socks and underwear older than him!

simon69 Guest
    The Biebs Is True To His Word!

The 935 students of Edward Town Middle School are about to be hit with Bieber Fever!
    As promised, Justin Bieber will be performing at the school today as their prize for raising the most money for the for Women & Children??s Hospital of Buffalo.
    The school raised exactly $16,927 in pennies (that was the catch),a some $2,300 more than the second-place school.
    A well deserved prize for such a good deed, but can a middle school in Western New York have enough security to contain the tween excitement?
    For his sake, we hope so!

simon69 Guest
    Justin Bieber likely to extend U.S. chart reign

Thu, Apr 15 2010
    By Keith Caulfield
    LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Justin Bieber will likely lead the U.S. pop album chart for a third non-consecutive week when data are released next Wednesday.
    The Canadian teen idol's "My World 2.0," which reclaimed the top spot last week, is on track to hit 80,000 copies for the week ended Sunday evening, sources said.
    The biggest new entry should come in the form of New York electronic-rock duo MGMT's second album "Congratulations," which could sell between 65,000 and 75,000 copies. It could start as high as No. 2, depending on how much of a decline Usher's "Raymond v Raymond" -- currently No. 2 this week -- experiences in its third chart week. (A No. 1 debut is a possibility for MGMT, but again, it depends on if Bieber's "My World 2.0" collapses harder than expected.)
    Even if MGMT's set finishes the week at the lower end of expectations, it will easily be the best week ever for the act. Its first album, "Oracular Spectacular," never sold more than 17,000 in a week and topped out at No. 38 on the chart.
    The next biggest debut on the list will likely belong to Coheed and Cambria's "Year of the Black Rainbow," with sales in the 50,000-60,000 range. The act's last album "No World For Tomorrow" debuted at No. 6 with 62,000 in October 2007.

simon69 Guest
    Justin Bieber was spotted at a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office with his mother after successfully completing the necessary checks to legally allow him behind the wheel.
    According to gossip website TMZ, the star posed for his licence photograph several times before choosing one he liked.
    Passing his driving test means Bieber is now able to take control of the luxury Range Rover his mentor Usher bought him as a 16th birthday gift last month.
    Speaking about his celebrations, Bieber said recently: "I was in Los Angeles for my birthday. Usher helped buy me a car. He bought me a Range Rover."
    Meanwhile, the teen sensation has spoken about "hanging out" with US president Barack Obama, his wife Michelle and their daughters Sasha and Malia.
    Bieber met the American leader along with Usher at the Christmas in Washington event last December, and again last week when he took part in the annual Easter Egg Roll and thought the experience was "incredible".
    The Baby singer said: "Basically, we went to Washington. We did the thing for the president. It was great.

"He was really cool, really nice, and I was just happy to be there. We met his daughters, took pictures with them, took pictures with the First Lady.
    "I got to hang out with him in the Oval Office, which is pretty crazy, because no one really gets to go in there. But it was pretty incredible. I got pictures with him."
    While their meeting went well, the Canadian star admits the president initially struggled with the pronunciation of his surname.
    He added to MTV: "The first time I met him was a couple months back. And when he introduced me, he said, 'Justin Bye-ber.' "

simon69 Guest
    The Biebs Is Legendary!!!

He's breaking records left and right!
    The boy is unstoppable!!!!
    Justin Bieber finds his new album atop of the Billboard Top 200 again this week, pushing out his mentor Usher's album to the back of the line. This makes Justin the youngest male artist to ever have an album at the #1 spot for two weeks or more.
    In it's first 3 weeks on the shelves, My World 2.0 has sold 676,000 copies. Put that into perspective:
    That is more copies sold in three weeks than what the Jonas Brothers were able to sell of their latest album, Lines, Vines And Trying Times, its entire run.
    Wow! Feel the pride, Biebs! Feel the shame, JoBros!

Did you draw that giant numerical symbol for one around his crotch Simon?
    Blatant!
    And ceepy!
    The recording industry must me hard up if 7 year old girls and ridiculous copyright infringement lawsuits are their main source of income.
    At least for now. Check out their creepy suggestions to congress:
    http://www.boingboing.net/2010/04/15...s-dystopi.html
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

simon69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Did you draw that giant numerical symbol for one around his crotch Simon?
    Blatant!
    And ceepy!
    The recording industry must me hard up if 7 year old girls and ridiculous copyright infringement lawsuits are their main source of income.
    At least for now. Check out their creepy suggestions to congress:
    http://www.boingboing.net/2010/04/15...s-dystopi.html
    No!!! Found it on Perez Hiltons website, he draws that stuff on pics.

Jemmy Guest
    hate this kid! the media attention and old grannies that keep saying how much they love him just makes me hate him more. hes not cute and he cant sing! there i said it and feel so much better!

simon69 Guest

Fever over Justin Bieber

BIEBER Fever is here. Justin Bieber, a 16-year-old who has become an overnight pop culture phenomenon, lands in Australia on Saturday. "It's the craziest thing I've ever seen," Bieber's record label boss, George Ash, said yesterday. "This is a real deal phenomenon."
    Bieber shot to global fame after posting songs on YouTube.
    He had entered a singing contest and relatives wanted to check his skills.
    "The first song I posted got 100 hits - but I don't have 100 family members," he told US broadcaster Katie Couric.
    Soon after it went viral, with Bieber chalking up 100 million hits.
    A surreal bidding war followed. Superstars Justin Timberlake and Usher fought to sign Bieber to their respective record labels.
    "It was amazing to have two of the biggest pop stars fighting over me," Bieber said.

Usher won. Bieber's debut album, My World 2.0, released last month, entered the US album chart at No.1.
    His hits include Baby, One Time and One Less Lonely Girl.
    Bieber will spend three days in Sydney promoting his music.
    His label has been forced to move a scheduled meet-and-greet session to cope with demand.
    Initially it was at a shopping mall, then a street. Now Bieber will meet fans at one of Sydney's international shipping terminals.
    "This will be huge," said Sarah Cornish, editor of Girlfriend magazine. "Our readers haven't gone this crazy since Robert Pattinson showed up."
    Bieber appears to have come from nowhere. But he is a further example of social networking and viral marketing success. Mr Ash said: "He made a connection with his fans outside of the mainstream media.
    "He connected with fans directly and now all of us have to get out of the way."
    Bieber, who comes from a small Canadian town, will travel to Sydney with mother Pattie, manager Scooter Braun and a tutor.
    While on the promotion trail, Bieber must do four hours of schooling each day.
    "I miss being a normal kid," he said. "But this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

simon69 Guest

Elton John Gets Bieber Fever Next Week

Something very worth watching on American Idol this week!
    Sir Elton John and Justin Bieber are among the many huge stars that will be gracing the American Idol stage next week for the charity event, Idol Gives Back.
    Though it was canceled lat year due to the recession, the producers of the show forged ahead with the event this year, but admitted it would be significantly scaled down.
    Some of the other acts set to perform at Alicia Keys, Carrie Underwood, the Black Eyed Peas, Annie Lennox and Mary J. Blige.
    Who are U looking forward to seeing perform live?

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest

Eight Things I've Learned About Justin Bieber Without Even Trying

By Rachael Maddux

If you are a person who does not regularly interact with children or teenagers, does not watch television shows or movies geared towards children or teenagers, does not listen to much mainstream pop music, and does not frequent celebrity gossip sites or subscribe to the likes of US Weekly, et al, it seems reasonable to assume that you would not know very much about this person named Justin Bieber other than the fact that this person named Justin Bieber exists.
    Seems reasonable. Seems.

I fit all of the above criteria, and so in January, when I made it my sole New Year's resolution to willfully remain ignorant about this person all through 2010??all I knew was his name and that he was a musician of some sort??it seemed like a doable task, even though I am a compulsive Googler and always up for some Wikipedia research on ridiculous celebrities. These plans were thwarted, though, when??like some kind of rodent-borne plague??"Bieber Fever" began to slowly creep across the nation.

Over the past few months, I have been unwillingly divested of my Bieber-related innocence (or, some might say, ignorance??but I prefer the former) as the wide-grinned youth has infiltrated corners of my life that previously seemed teen-idol-proof. I knew I'd truly reached the point of no return when, last week, I began volunteering information about Bieber to my co-workers??information that I did not even know that I knew!

It seems likely that the same thing has happened to you, so let's share. Here are all the things I know about Justin Bieber, despite my very best efforts (and despite the fact that I've still never heard one of his songs all the way through). What maddening trivia about the world's biggest teen pop star have you picked up along the way?

1. He is really young!
    I did not know this until I accidentally saw him on the Grammys in February, but dude is practically a fetus. I am assuming he is also rather short??that, or Ke$ha is a total Amazon.

2. He's Canadian!
    Actually, I have no idea where I learned this particular fact. Perhaps it has just entered into the collective unconscious? Somehow, given the magnitude of the kid's popularity, this does not seem entirely unlikely.

3. He was raised by a teen mom!
    I went on a trip last week so I was in a few airports, at each of which I saw numerous Hudson News outlets with row after row of his People magazine cover on display. They were all staring me down as I waited for my flights; I couldn't help but read the cut lines. So many exclamation points!

4. He's Usher's protege!
    Last Wednesday, NPR's Morning Edition told me all about the Obama Administration's plan to revamp NASA priorities and about possible sanctions on Iran and??oh yes??quite a lot about the young star in question. Some folks hate hate hate it when NPR takes on pop culture (probably the same folks who are fuming that the words "Justin" and "Bieber" are appearing anywhere together on the Paste site), but for reasons previously stated, I usually enjoy it. Plus, Maura Johnston and Jay Smooth did such a great job breaking down Bieber appeal that I actually didn't mind this particular brain-invasion.

5. He made this little girl cry!
    You can blame my first viewing of this video on my bad habit of clicking on even the vaguest link in friends' Twitter posts. All those repeat watches, though? Totally my own fault. Her sorrow is abject, hilarious and completely mesmerizing.

6. He looks like a lesbian!
    Or, at least, some lesbians look like him.

7. He might have just gotten his driver's license!
    In Atlanta, no less. Some of my (male, thirty-something-year-old, married with kids) co-workers were talking about this yesterday. "Justin Bieber is from Georgia?" one of them said. "No, he's Canadian!" I volunteered despite myself. But maybe he's not! I don't know! Maybe he's not even human! This is confusing!

8. He's part Muppet!
    This is pure conjecture, but seriously, wouldn't this smiling face look right at home among these guys?

simon69 Guest

The safe sex appeal of Justin Bieber
    Baby-faced charm makes singer stand out in risqué pop world
    By Tony Sclafani
    msnbc.com contributor
    updated 8:50 p.m. ET, Sun., April 18, 2010

Justin Bieber is 16, looks and sounds much younger, and is now getting more attention than almost anyone else in the pop music world. As of April 14, Billboard has announced he holds both the No. 1 and No. 8 spots on the Billboard 200 albums chart, with his “My World 2.0” album and “My World” EP, respectively. Both releases have also spawned multiple hit singles.
    He also just came off a much-publicized debut appearance on “Saturday Night Live,” made the cover of People magazine and reportedly will have to perform behind glass “for his own safety” in Australia. The Canadian teen’s sudden rise to superstardom might be puzzling to those who don’t follow tween culture, but anyone who has heard Bieber on one of his many YouTube videos knows he can sing.
    That might explain his success, but it doesn’t explain the mania, which is being called “Bieber Fever.” Acts that get as big as Bieber succeed for more than one reason. And in Bieber’s case, the main other reason for his fame seems to be the safe sex appeal he projects to the tween girls that make up the majority of his audience. If ever there was an official Boy Next Door of pop, it's Justin Bieber.
    What makes Bieber’s stardom so surprising, though, is that he shot to the top in a pop scene filled with outrageous artists like Lady Gaga and Ke$ha.
    “I think it all has to do with timing,” said Matthew Rettenmund, editor-in-chief of the magazine Popstar! “At the time he was coming out, he was providing a counterpoint to anything that is too risqué.”
    “I think that girls see him as being very, very genuine and someone that they would possibly grow up with or sit next to in seventh grade English,” said Jacqueline Fulton, senior editor at the teen entertainment magazine Twist. “He just seems like he’s coming from a very real place.” Bieber took his first steps towards fame in 2007, when he and his mother posted videos of him singing versions of songs by Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake and others on YouTube.
    Fulton said this “organic” route to success showed fans he was “not someone who is produced or someone who just came out of nowhere and had a shiny CD and posters.” This, in turn, made him more “approachable” than the Disney-certified stars tweens are used to — and has made “Bieber Fever” a 2.0 version of the usual teen idol mania.
    Times change, idols don’t
    According to Cooper Lawrence, the author of “The Cult of Celebrity,” Bieber is unique because unlike most young male stars today, he’s embraced his boyish image: “Most young boys want to be rockers. They want to look like rockers and skate punks. (But) those aren’t the kind of boys that a young girl feels safe to fantasize about.”
    “He’s squeaky clean in many respects,” said Rettenmund. “He’s safe, as opposed to being one of the bad boys.”
    No matter how raunchy the pop scene gets, there will always be a place for teen idols, because they serve as “fantasy” boyfriends to young girls, said Lawrence. “These guys are great examples of the young pop star that’s OK to be in love with. This is about (the girls’) first experience in a romantic relationship. So they can fantasize having a crush on Justin Bieber, and his music, his image and all of that encourages it.”
    Throughout pop’s history, stars like Bieber have given young girls “practice with a safe object” for romantic relationships, said Tim Kasser, Knox College’s psychology department chair and co-author of the study “Why do Adolescent Girls Idolize Male Celebrities?”
    “The fact is Justin Timberlake is never really gonna break her heart — or whoever the new person is,” he said. “When you think of these (types of) male celebrities, they’re idealized — they’re who every girl would love, and they seem like they would be very caring and warm, and that’s just what these girls are looking for.”
    ‘He dresses like the kids dress’
    Bieber’s sense of style also plays to his fan base, said Marissa Negrete, 15, a fan from California. Instead of donning standard rock or rap outfits, “he dresses like the kids dress nowadays,” she said.
    “Kids our age nowadays don’t have a singer that’s our age we can relate to,” she said. “I feel like he’s something kids relate to.”
    Bieber also has a sense of humor, which makes him seem more down to earth than a lot of pop artists. On April Fools Day, he “took over” the comedy video site FunnyOrDie.com, which got revamped as “Bieber or Die.” In one of his videos, he claimed he’d purchased the site and said from that moment on, “anything that’s not Bieber dies.”
    “He had these very silly videos, very funny, and I think that that’s also something that appeals to (his fans),” said Fulton. “He strikes a really weird balance of being very cute but very, very cool. And I think that’s what is really reaching the girls.”
    There’s also the music, of course. His style has a retro appeal that’s non-threatening, said USA Today’s Brian Mansfield. Reviewing “My World 2.0,” Mansfield noted the lead single, “Baby,” boasted a “sweet pop melody (that) would’ve worked for any teen act since Frankie Lymon.”
    “That’s what I thought was kind of neat about the new album — you’ve got this ’50s sounding song, and you’ve got a couple of songs that have very ’70s and very ’80s sounds to them,” Mansfield said. “It was almost like somebody in the Justin Bieber camp was going, ‘We’re going to show the moms and dads that we know what we’re doing here.’”

Ha! The Juno Awards (Canada's equivalent of the Grammies) were handed out last night. Bieber didn't win anything...

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineDeath View Post
    HATE him...he's like a female version of Manvoice Cyrus.
    I think I love you! LOL!

I was watching Chelsea Lately the other night and caught this kid on there by accident. He was outrageously flirting with Chelsea, and talking about women in general, and it was creepy. He's very sexually forward for a kid that age.

I know, I'm old, and kids are more sexually active at younger ages, but he was just ridiculous.

Maybe we'll be lucky, the furor over him will totally annhilate the Jonas Brothers. One can hope.

If he does that, I'll cut him some slack. Bwahaha!

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post
    I think I love you! LOL!

I was watching Chelsea Lately the other night and caught this kid on there by accident. He was outrageously flirting with Chelsea, and talking about women in general, and it was creepy. He's very sexually forward for a kid that age.

I know, I'm old, and kids are more sexually active at younger ages, but he was just ridiculous.

Maybe we'll be lucky, the furor over him will totally annhilate the Jonas Brothers. One can hope.

If he does that, I'll cut him some slack. Bwahaha!
    Maybe it'll come down to a Battle Royale, a sort of Celebrity Deathmatch with most of the current teen popsters and they'll all be destroyed in some horribly itchy, freaky way...

mandee1005 Guest
    This is the only singer i'll take from Canada

Finally watched SNL from last week and I didn't even watch him sing and he annoyed the crap out of me just from his part in the monologue. I ended up fast forwarding through the sketch he did with Tina Fey and both his songs. Seeing him makes me wonder what kind of torture I put my mother through when I was a kid and in love with these teeny boppers. I wonder what she was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    This is the only singer i'll take from Canada

Who dat?

mandee1005 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Who dat?

Michael Buble.. yumm...........

I barely recognized him!

mandee1005 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I barely recognized him!
    hows this

nice!

Okay, I've heard of him. Wins lots of awards.

simon69 Guest

Quote Of The Day

Quote Of The Day

"It cracks, like every teenage boy. I'm dealing with it."
    - Justin Bieber to Rolling Stone, on his changing voice

simon69 Guest

Boy, Justin Bieber's just as big as The Beatles

simon69 Guest
    Bieber Still The King Of The Chart

Filed under: Music Minute > Justin Bieber
    Justin Bieber has scored a SECOND week at the number one spot on the Billboard 200 with My World 2.0.
    MGMT's Congratulations debuted at number 2, but neither album broke the 100,000 sales mark for the week.
    And hot country band Lady Antebellum returned to the top three at spot number three which might have something to do with their THREE wins at the Academy of Country Music Awards this past Sunday.
    Congrats to all!

Read More: Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton http://perezhilton.com/page/3/#ixzz0lykcGoSH
    Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate

simon69 Guest
    Bieber Fever Sends Aussie Fans Over The Edge!

Filed under: Australiastic > Justin Bieber
    And 10 girls to the doctor!
    Insanity!
    We reported earlier that Justin Bieber was set to make his only appearance in Australia yesterday to perform an outdoor concert for his fans down under. Officials had wanted to move Justin inside for his performance, fearful of the tween crazy that was undoubtedly going to unfold. He refused, insisting on performing in front of his fans.
    He should have listened to his elders.
    Because his show was so rare, girls lined up and camped out overnight to see their favorite mop-head megastar. By the next morning, over 4,000 screaming fans had filled in at Circular Quay and that is when the trouble started.
    Reports say that around 2 a.m., a rumor that Biebs had arrived early sent the girls over the edge and start pushing and crushing one another to get closer to the stage. Over 100 girls who had patiently waited to have their front row space had to be pulled out from the "distress." Over the next few hours, the chaos grew as girls were crushing and trampling their fellow Bieber lovers and ever broke down barricades. Ten girls even had to be treated by on-call paramedics!
    The police were forced to cancel the concert, but that made things even worse. We imagine the scene played out a little like the running of the bulls, but angrier!
    The only thing that could soothe the savage beasts was to allow Justin to sing one song from the safety of the studio. He belt out his hit Baby and then asked all his fans to go home.
    Of course, this angered the kids further, as well as the parents, who explained they thought the whole thing was a "deliberate publicity stunt designed to exploit fans." Parents also place the blame on the organizers, for not doing more crowd control and for all around being poorly organized.
    No, we think the fault lies with the erratic hormones of 4,000 tweens. There is only so much the police can do to contain Bieber Fever!
    Next time, they should get The National Guard involved!

simon69 Guest

Bieber Concert Canceled After Fans Go Wild

With his floppy bowl haircut and adorable lisp, the teenage pop star Justin Bieber, below, may not seem like a dangerous figure. But make no mistake: his public appearances can be battlegrounds. On Monday the Australian police shut down a free performance that Mr. Bieber, 16, was to give in Sydney as some fans were injured at the crowded concert site, Agence France-Presse reported. More than 4,000 fans, some who camped out overnight, showed up to hear Mr. Bieber sing three songs at Sydney Harbor, but the plug was pulled on the event hours before showtime when attendees started pushing and shoving. ??I am so sorry that it got out of control,? Mr. Bieber said later in an Australian television appearance. In November an appearance by Mr. Bieber at the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City, N.Y., resulted in a fan stampede after which the singer??s manager, Scott Braun, was arrested on charges of reckless endangerment and criminal nuisance. The Australian police said that fans at Sydney Harbor had sustained only minor injuries and were treated at the scene.

simon69 Guest

Security Tightened for "Bieber-Mania" After Crowd Hysteria

SYDNEY

New Zealand is tightening security for a visit by Canadian pop star Justin Bieber after a live performance by the teen singer in Sydney had to be canceled when a 5,000-strong crowd of young girls ran out of control.
    Thousands of mainly tween girls had camped out overnight to catch up a glimpse of their 16-year-old idol, who was due to sing three songs live at Sydney's Circular Quay on Monday morning for an Australian TV show.
    But police were called in as the crowd got out of control before the singer arrived and several girls were injured in the crush and others fainted, sparking comparisons to the reaction of young fans when The Beatles went on tour in the 1960s.
    "With everything that happened 2day i want u all 2 know that i care and U all rule and if i could thank every 1 of u individually i would," Bieber wrote on his Twitter account.
    Bieber, who is in Sydney to promote his album "My World 2.0," is due in New Zealand later this year and officials from Auckland Airport told the New Zealand Herald newspaper that extra security would be arranged for the singer's arrival.
    It's not the first time that Bieber has sparked such a reaction.
    In March an appearance by Bieber at a U.S. shopping mall was canceled due to overcrowding. Bieber's manager was arrested for refusing to send a message out on Twitter warning fans not to come to the event.
    Bieber shot to fame after being discovered on YouTube where his mother had posted videos of him singing at talent shows. He was signed up by rapper Usher's record label Island Def Jams Music Group at the age of 14.
    His "My World 2.0" album hit the No.1 spot on the Billboard charts in the United States within a week of its release last month.

simon69 Guest

Security fears over Bieber in NZ

Security has been stepped up ahead of teen singer Justin Bieber's arrival in New Zealand, after several fans were crushed before a concert in Australia.
    Police cancelled Monday's performance at Sydney's Circular Quay after at least 10 girls fainted.
    Eight were sent to hospital after paramedics pulled them from the crowd. Most had hyperventilated.
    It is thought the swarm started when rumours spread that the 16-year-old Canadian heartthrob had arrived early.
    Safety first
    Thousands of fans had spent the night camped out by the venue waiting for Bieber.
    New South Wales state police Deputy Commissioner Dave Owens told reporters he was concerned about them being out at night unaccompanied.
    "There are a large number of kids down there without any parents there at all. And I would just question that," he said.
    Following the incident in Australia, officials at Auckland airport told the New Zealand Herald newspaper that extra security would be arranged for the singer's arrival there.
    He left Australia on Tuesday morning, posting on his twitter account: "NEW ZEALAND we are coming!!!"

Bieber had already written several messages to fans, including "I'm very happy about the welcome and the love from around the world, but I want everyone to still remember my fans safety comes first..."
    The singer is promoting album My World 2.0, which has already been number one in the US Billboard chart. His single Baby featuring Ludacris got to number three in the UK in March.
    It is not the first time "Bieber fever" has forced the singer having to cancel a gig.
    In March, an appearance at a US shopping mall was pulled due to overcrowding.
    The teen singer was signed by Usher's record label Island Def Jam Music Group at the age of 14, after his mother posted videos of him singing at talent shows on YouTube.

simon69 Guest

Bieber's voice breaking

April 27, 2010
    Bieber's voice breaking

Puberty is taking its toll on Justin Bieber's live shows - the Canadian pop sensation is struggling to sing for fans because his voice is breaking.
    The 16 year old, who was offered a record deal after posting videoed performances on YouTube.com, admits he often fails to hit the high notes during his concerts.
    He says, "It cracks. Like every teenage boy, I'm dealing with it and I have the best vocal coach in the world. Some of the notes I hit on (hit track) Baby I can't hit anymore. We have to lower the key when I sing live."

simon69 Guest

Justin Bieber, Jennifer Aniston, Robert Pattinson among 'Most Beautiful'

Justin Bieber may only be 16 years old, but he has captured the hearts and imaginations of thousands of teen girls around the country. For that reason alone, it is no surprise that People Magazine has named the "Baby" singer one of their "Most Beautiful People of 2010." Bieber (who recently was on the cover of the publication) is joined on the list by former "Friends" star Jennifer Aniston, "Twilight" actor Robert Pattinson, and mainstays like Julia Roberts and Jennifer Lopez.
    For Bieber, the amount of fan support leading up to this award is obvious -- all you have to do is check around to see some of the insane fan support the singer has on Twitter (and also the fact that two of his recent public appearances have led to stampedes).
    Do you think that Justin Bieber deserves to be on the "Most Beautiful" list, and if not who should have been nominated in his place? Let me know your thoughts with a comment below and stay tuned for more of the latest news. To view recent photos of Justin, follow the link here.

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest

Justin Bieber, Betty White heading to White House Correspondents Dinner

Justin Bieber may be in rare company on Saturday night -- the "Baby" singer is an invited guest to the annual White House Correspondents' Association Dinner. Justin was previously at the White House in early April, as he took part in the annual Easter Egg Roll alongside the cast of "Glee."
    This time around, Bieber could be joined by the likes of Betty White, Chelsea Handler, and Jessica Simpson. Betty and Justin both have a connection despite being over 70 years apart in age -- White is getting set to host "Saturday Night Live" next week, whereas Justin appeared in a sketch in April with Tina Fey.
    Comedian Jay Leno is also expected to perform during the evening's festivities.

halogirl5 Guest
    He is a child. Next will come some sort of 'purity ring' shite like the Jonas brothers. No talent but hugely entertaining as he turns into a mess and overdoses on whatever tranquilizer is trendy in 2020.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

simon69 Guest
    Justin Bieber Has a Crush... on Kim Kardashian? (photo)

May 2nd, 2010
    Teen pop phenom Justin Bieber had another one of his dreams come true; he met his crush Kim Kardashian at the White House Correspondent??s Dinner in Washington last night (May 1). What about meeting the President? Nah? already done that. Kim, on the other hand has been one of the objects of his affection. Justin said recently he finds older women attractive, even as old as 40. Kim more than qualifies, she??s 29.
    But as for Justin, Kim says, no, no, no!
    Kim may be famous for a sex tape and an endless string of bikini photos, but she wisely draws the line on underage sex.

??I think Justin Bieber is adorable, [but] he??s definitely way too young for me,? she told an Australian radio station. ??In the States, it??s pretty illegal to go under 18 so I definitely won??t do that.?
    Pretty illegal? Would you believe 20 years to life?
    Anyway, Kim has her eyes set on another younger man. She??s recently been linked to soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo, who is 25.
    Justin, however, says he finds older women, even as old as 40! I guess that rules out Jennifer Aniston. She??s 41.
    To show his affection for the reality tv star, Bieber posted a photo of himself with a smiling Kardashian on his Twitter account with the caption: Look, it??s my girlfriend Kim Kardashian.

??I think she??s cute,? Justin said recently. ??And, no, she??s not too old for me. Above 40 is a little too old for me. I just look for a girl who is funny and has nice eyes and smile.?

Meanwhile, Kim was back in a bikini, visiting sister Kourtney in Miami, whee Kourt is filming a reality show.
    Kim was recently named to People magazine??s ??World??s Most Beautiful People List.?
    ??I really want to thank People a gain for making this a dream come true for me,? she said. ??Kourtney and I used to look through the issue when we were younger and it??s such an honor and really surreal to see myself there.?
    Incidentally, Justin made the list too.

simon69 Guest
    "Nerd Prom" no longer: Celebrities steal spotlight from press, president, politicians, at White House Correspondents' Dinner and after-parties

Donovan McNabb wants his picture taken with Justin Bieber just like everyone else at the White House Correspondents' Dinner. (Amy Argetsinger/The Washington Post)
    It's time to concede that the White House Correspondents' Association dinner doesn't have much to do with the White House and its correspondents anymore. Forget about that cute, self-deprecating "nerd prom" image -- sorry, but nerds can't get into the parties anymore.
    The quintessentially Washington party has morphed into a Washington-themed party, with the president and politicians playing decorative cameos for the sake of the corporate muckety-mucks and a parade of celebrities who've just jetted in.

Scarlett Johansson with Arianna Huffington at the Bloomberg/Vanity Fair party after the White House Correspondents' Dinner. (Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg)
    Justin Bieber, the tiny tween idol with a big bow tie, was striding out of the dining room of the Hilton Washington Saturday night when a much larger man stopped him and asked to shake his hand.
    "My daughter loves you," said Donovan McNabb.
    Bieber, 16, with a swagger way beyond his years, turned and took the new Redskins quarterback's outstretched hand. "You might want to shake it before I go to the bathroom," the singer said. McNabb waited for Bieber to emerge from the men's room and asked for photo with him. "This is going to help me at home," he said.
    Real Washington or reel Washington? Look, it's the Jonas Brothers! Scarlett Johansson. Jessica Alba. That actress from "Sex and the City"! Cynthia Nixon? Yes, but also Kristin Davis. Judd Apatow. Michael Douglas. Terrence Howard. The guy from "The Hangover." Bradley Cooper? Sure, he's here too, but that one's Zach Galifianakis.

Clay Boardman and Jenny Sanford at the Bloomberg/Vanity Fair party. (Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage )
    "Who's that tall woman in the corner?" whispered one guest in our ear. "She looks so familiar, but I can't place her." There, near the entrance of the exclusive Vanity Fair/Bloomberg after party at the French ambassador's residence, stood Kathryn Bigelow, without her Best Director Oscar. "Of course!" sighed our new buddy. "I should have recognized her."
    It was like that all night, that weird disconnect of seeing famous faces (you know them from somewhere) showing up out of context. That glowing brunette in the blue dress? Took all night to realize it was Katie Lee Joel, almost ex-wife of Billy Joel.
    Not that this is necessarily a bad thing. Celebrity stargazing, like bird-watching, is all about seeing the live creature -- which then grants you the firsthand knowledge to observe: "Donatella Versace's head is too big for her body." Another field note: "Kim Kardashian is unbelievably gorgeous in person -- better than all her pictures."

Actress Kristin Davis with Katie Couric. (Joshua Roberts/Bloomberg)
    Out on the crammed balcony, Eric Holder lit up when he spotted actor Adrian Grenier. "Hey, it's Vince from 'Entourage'! One of my favorite shows!" The attorney general effusively introduced himself to the young heartthrob, then launched into a detailed discussion of last season's plot. "I'm going to work my way on the show," he told Grenier. "I might be able to do something about that," responded the startled actor.
    A few feet away, Ryan Seacrest was swarmed by fans, who didn't really have much to say to him once in his vicinity; they just wanted a picture with him. (Whatever happened to autographs?) "No, no, not good," muttered one fan after snapping a photo, and Seacrest posed for another.
    Used to be, names in the headlines were the big "get" guests for media organizations. This year there was only one zeitgeisty figure amid the showbiz cluster: Jenny Sanford, the former first lady of South Carolina -- there with her new boyfriend of about six weeks, Georgia businessman Clay Boardman. His arms were around her waist as they talked with another couple. And then they were holding hands. And then his arm was draped the length of her back, his hand gently grazing her behind.

Late-night talk show host Jimmy Fallon chats up health secretary Kathleen Sebelius. (Joshua Roberts/Bloomberg)
    Readers, if you assumed this sudden relationship was a rebound/revenge charade -- well, half of the professional thespians in that room would not be capable of such a good acting job. We're totally buying it.
    We flashed back to other couples who first went public at WHCAD parties past: Jon Favreau and Rashida Jones; Ellen DeGeneres and Anne Heche. Sanford and Boardman seemed awfully happy and comfortable in their public bliss. Was this their coming-out party?
    "We're happy to be here," she said. "And we're happy to be together."
    There were, to be fair, a few administration and political insiders: Rahm Emanuel, David Axelrod, Peter Orszag, Chris Dodd, John Dingell, Colin Powell, Kathleen Sebelius ("She used to be governor of Kansas," explained one guest to his date). Former White House social secretary Desireé Rogers whisked past her successor, Julianna Smoot. Michael Bloomberg attended Newsweek's pre-dinner party, but bolted back to New York for the Times Square bomb scare. But political insiders were outnumbered by showbizzers: Ashley Judd, in a white gown and antebellum hair orchids, in the role of Miss Scarlett, Policy Wonk. Angela Bassett. Jon Bon Jovi. Jessica Simpson, looking miserable -- because ex Tony Romo was there with his new girlfriend? (A Jessica 2.0 type, Candice Crawford.)

Anna Kendrick with Luke Russert at the Bloomberg/Vanity Fair afterparty (Joshua Roberts/Bloomberg)
    The whole night felt like an Escher print: Stars mingled with politicians who huddled with other stars, folding and twisting into some complicated version of fame and power. The night was flawless; the ambassador's residence looked like the set for a movie someone would build if they were filming an embassy party, complete with jewel-toned lights illuminating the trees and mist machines creating an ethereal cloud over the grounds.

It was Jimmy Fallon's first WHCAD weekend. "I was told that locals and press people would bother me," confided the late-night host, who was, in fact, having a great time. "Super fun. It's almost like being at a wedding."
    Just then, GQ correspondent Ana Marie Cox bounded up. "We just had a shot of tequila," a breathless Cox told him. "Would you like to come meet my date?" Fallon politely demurred. Cox explained that she was really drunk and then repeated her request. He again said no, but softened the blow by reassuring her that she didn't seem that drunk. Then she wandered off.
    An actual White House correspondent, Nicholas Johnston of Bloomberg, approached Johansson as the starlet chatted poolside with a few friends around 1:15 a.m. Could he please get a photo with her?

Morgan Freeman at the Bloomberg/Vanity Fair afterparty. (Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg)
    "I'm sorry," she sighed. "It's too late."
    It went like that, more or less, until after 3 a.m. Near the entrance, Katie Couric had kicked off her high-heel gold sandals and settled into a settee. We plopped down next to her, also shoeless. Her date, actor Morgan Freeman, came over and started giving her a foot massage.
    And yes, readers, we got one, too, which was kind of sweet and random and had nothing to do with politics or journalism. But no, we didn't ask for a picture.

dirk diggler Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    If you have kids who watch the Disney Channel, then you know who he is.
    Personally, I don't think his balls have decended yet.....
    Funny i was thinking along the same lines his nuts will drop next year and that'll be end of his 'Career'.

simon69 Guest

ZOMG! Justin Bieber tosses first pitch, grabs foul ball in Chicago

Why, that lucky son of a gunderson.Not only did teen pop sensation Justin Bieber throw out the first pitch at Monday night's White Sox-Royals game, the little so-and-so caught a foul ball ?? on a bounce into his suite ?? off the bat of Chicago slugger Paul Konerko(notes) in the third inning.
    If you're still not sure who Bieber is, first of all, good for you. Here's all you really need to know: He's like, baby, baby, baby. Oh, like, baby, baby, baby. No, like, baby, baby, baby.
    Get the idea?
    The 16-year-old Canadian, a one-kid boy band with indestructible hair, had the baseball experience of a lifetime last night. Do you have any idea how many times I have never thrown out the first pitch of a game and also not caught a foul ball? And I've been to, I don't know, trillions of games. How many has Bieber been to? Does he even know who Vernon Wells(notes) is?
    Bieber said on Facebook he gave the ball to a fan ?? aww! ?? and that he was excited to go on Oprah on Tuesday. Who can't relate to this kid's life?
    "Today was epic...I love Chicago. Went to the White Sox game and got to throw out the first pitch...but the cool part was I caught a foul ball. NO LIE. gave it to a fan. Had a lot of fun. OPRAH TOMORROW!!"
    I actually attended the game with loyal Stewie @eyebleaf ?? AKA Navin Vaswani ?? who is touring 30 ballparks in 60 days. Well, imagine Navin's good fortune, being a native of Toronto and bumping into fellow countryman Bieber at U.S. Cellular Field.
    I, however, remain unimpressed. Below, a critique of Bieber's first pitch.:
    If it looks like he's checking himself out on the JumboTron, that's because he is! He looked up at the TV a total of six times before he finally fired off a pitch.
    The only thing he did more than check himself on TV was pull up his pants. These kids today, and you probably know, either wear jeans three sizes too big, or no belt, or both.
    Do you think Mark Buerhle has all day, kid?

simon69 Guest
    After shaking Buehrle off twice ?? even though he gave no signs ?? Bieber lets it fly.
    He made it 60 feet, 6 inches, if juuuust a bit outside.
    Of course the pants won't stay up. Oh, I almost forgot. He, like, totally balked too. Watch the tape. He comes set, then re-sets his feet on the rubber. Total rookie FAIL.
    Buehrle's like, "Jeez, youngster, maybe you should use all the change in your pockets to buy a belt at the Woolworth's."

simon69 Guest
    "How'd I do, Adult Handler Guy?"
    ?? "You're the new Johnny Bravo, kid! Pants fit perfectly."
    A foul ball. ... Can you believe it? I am so sure. Overall, Bieber did OK.

simon69 Guest

Justin Bieber asks fans to 'calm down' about Kim Kardashian

ve you been following the Justin Bieber-Kim Kardashian tempest in a Twitter teapot?It all started this past weekend, when Bieber, 16, met Kardashian, 29, at the White House Correspondents' dinner. (See more photos of Kim here. And more photos of Justin here.)
    Kim proclaimed on Twitter, "I officially have Bieber Fever!!!"
    At the same time, Justin posted a photo of himself with Kim, writing, "Look its my girlfriend" ?? which apparently drove some of his fans to begin a cyber-attack.
    "I'm getting death threats," Kim tweeted to Justin last night. "This is unBeliebable!!!"
    So today, Justin tweeted:
    ladies calm down. @kimkardashian is a friend. a very sexy friend but a friend. no need 4 threats. Let's all be friends and hang out often

I think we need an intervention in this thread.

Katrinawitch Guest
    I hate any type of teeny-bopper or R&B music anyway, so he's totally out for me (although I loved Hanson back in the day, because they wrote their own music, played their own instruments, and they played Rock, darn it!)

The thing I really dislike about him is that he's a white boy, but talks in that pseudo-hip-hop accent. Can't stand it when people do that. Dude, look in the mirror... you're a little white boy!

edited to add... How the heck did Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber get invited to the White House Correspondent's dinner? They must let just about anybody attend!

I heard something on the radio today saying that Kim Kardashian was getting death threats for being in the picture with Justin Bieber when he jokingly said that she was his girlfriend.

How the hell does a 5-year-old make a death threat to a grown woman?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

I have never heard his music. I want desperately to cut his hair, it looks idiotic.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    I hate any type of teeny-bopper or R&B music anyway, so he's totally out for me (although I loved Hanson back in the day, because they wrote their own music, played their own instruments, and they played Rock, darn it!)

The thing I really dislike about him is that he's a white boy, but talks in that pseudo-hip-hop accent. Can't stand it when people do that. Dude, look in the mirror... you're a little white boy!

edited to add... How the heck did Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber get invited to the White House Correspondent's dinner? They must let just about anybody attend!
    If that one couple managed to crash that White House party a couple of months ago, then they'll let any darn celebrity into that house. I honestly don't know what reasons Kardashian and Bieber have for being there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

OMG, that 3-year-old child crying hysterically about Justin Bieber is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa
    I have never heard his music. I want desperately to cut his hair, it looks idiotic.
    What she said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]