Page 1 of 40 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

There have been lots of "child prodigies" who can sing. In my opinion, he's not one of them.
    Last edited by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host; 02-16-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Never heard of him.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

cachluv Guest
    I tried not to like this kid. I didn't get very far. I just do

Never heard of him.
    Me either. Folks in the Death Pool seem to know who he is though.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    There have been lots of "child prodigies" who can sing. He's not one of them.
    Can't stand him OR his ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Never heard of him.
    He's one of those pre-fab kiddy pop stars who'll either end up with a huge career on the nostalgia circuit by the time he's 25 or dead in some grisly way by the time he's 30.

They play recordings of children singing in one of the deeper levels of hell.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

He's the little wiener who is the first singer on the new We are the World single. Which sucked by the way.

I want to pop his head like a tick.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

He seems like a cute kid I guess. I haven't heard any of his music. Most of the crap that comes out today is utter shite. Case in point - Ke$ha.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    He's the little wiener who is the first singer on the new We are the World single. Which sucked by the way.

I want to pop his head like a tick.
    Theres a NEW We Are The World?
    There are some seriously sadistic and demented people in the entertainment industry.

He looks way younger than his supposed age, which I thought was fifteen- I'd say he's twelve, if I had to guess. I don't get his appeal, but then I'm about 30 years too old for his target audience.

What is the deal with his hair? Is he trying to cover some facial deformity? It looks like his hair lost a battle with an industrial bread mixer.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    What is the deal with his hair? Is he trying to cover some facial deformity? It looks like his hair lost a battle with an industrial bread mixer.
    But that's the look, don't you know. The beyond-bed-head, sloppy-to-the-point-of-oblivion style that followed the mid-to-late 90s resurgence of the Ceasar cut.

Wednesday Guest
    3 year old crying over Justin Bieber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTCm8tdHkfI

3 year old gets to meet Justin Bieber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUGB...eature=related

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    3 year old crying over Justin Bieber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTCm8tdHkfI

3 year old gets to meet Justin Bieber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUGB...eature=related
    That'd be almost cute if it weren't somehow oddly sad...

If you have kids who watch the Disney Channel, then you know who he is.
    Personally, I don't think his balls have decended yet.....
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrwzeigle View Post
    If you have kids who watch the Disney Channel, then you know who he is.
    Personally, I don't think his balls have decended yet.....
    Maybe they're never going to...maybe there stuck up in there somewhere behind his shmaltz gland...

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Theres a NEW We Are The World?
    There are some seriously sadistic and demented people in the entertainment industry.
    Tell me about it. Lil' Wayne, of all people, is in this (along with the autotune).

Him reaching puberty will decide the fate of his music career.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    Him reaching puberty will decide the fate of his music career.
    Maybe it's not too late to do the whole castrato thing...just sayin'...

Just another kiddie act. Remember Hanson?

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Just another kiddie act. Remember Hanson?
    Yeah. Good thing is most are popular for about a year or two then fade out after about 3 years... thank god.

My daughter is 13, she and her friends absolutely detest the guy.

lola Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    He seems like a cute kid I guess. I haven't heard any of his music. Most of the crap that comes out today is utter shite. Case in point - Ke$ha.
    ITA. I think his is crap too.

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    My daughter is 13, she and her friends absolutely detest the guy.
    Yeah my daughter has better taste than this little guy - she thinks he's terrible. My kid likes the Ramones though so Justin's not really her type of music.

BigBootyJudy Guest
    Oh jeez, my friend's daughter and her friends love him. I cannot stand him or his high pitch love songs. And what is up with the feathered forward hairsprayed to high hell hair?? Is it that obvious he bugs the snot out of me?

He's a Canadian kid.

My apologies to the rest of the world.

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    He's a Canadian kid.

My apologies to the rest of the world.

Well, just thank God he's not your kid!! I forgive you the fact that he's from Canada.

What gets me is the adults that listen to this guy. Another example of the dumbing down of America. This kid is singling about heartache and loss when he has never been in love and hasn't lost anything besides maybe a toy he misplaced.
    I just saw that Miley Cyrus and a couple of the cast the Twilight seris are going to be presenters at the Oscars. That's a joke. Thats the closest they will ever get to a Oscar

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    What gets me is the adults that listen to this guy. Another example of the dumbing down of America. This kid is singling about heartache and loss when he has never been in love and hasn't lost anything besides maybe a toy he misplaced.
    I just saw that Miley Cyrus and a couple of the cast the Twilight seris are going to be presenters at the Oscars. That's a joke. Thats the closest they will ever get to a Oscar

I agree - it's as though the radio stations, television stations and everything in between is now being programmed and ran by 12 year old girls.

1karenhb Guest
    I never heard of him either until the Grammy's and I thought his name was Justin Beaver until I saw it spelled out. Not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    I never heard of him either until the Grammy's and I thought his name was Justin Beaver until I saw it spelled out. Not impressed.

Same here- yuck! There sure are a lot of these young so called musicians who couldn't sing their way out of a paper bag...another one that comes to mind is Taylor Swift (double yuck). It stuns me that she has won all these awards, especially the CMA Entertainer of the Year- you've got to be kidding, this chick CANNOT sing in any way, shape or form. JMO.

cachluv Guest
    His hair is more than ridiculous:

Quote Originally Posted by Nvr_Sk_to_Tll View Post
    But that's the look, don't you know. The beyond-bed-head, sloppy-to-the-point-of-oblivion style that followed the mid-to-late 90s resurgence of the Ceasar cut.
    Yeah, but it's trying to take over his face!!

I'm too old. Sigh. Kids these days... (thank the gods my daughter has better taste.)

Sodapop Guest
    I hate his song(s) I've heard on the radio. I hate them with the passion of a thousand suns.

PurrPurr Guest
    All I know is that I'm sick of hearing about him

Ugh.....the Hubs played that Last Dance song in my car....(ugh I apologized to my system) and I wanted to throw up. Here is this squeaky sounding 16 year old singing about him and his girl losing their virginity, with Usher doing back vocals!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentino009 View Post
    Ugh.....the Hubs played that Last Dance song in my car....(ugh I apologized to my system) and I wanted to throw up. Here is this squeaky sounding 16 year old singing about him and his girl losing their virginity, with Usher doing back vocals!
    Oh...skunky! I hate that there are always little teenybopper girls listening to these sorts of songs that are just basically the singer's plea for them to "give it up." It just bugs me on SO many levels.

Snudgie Guest
    Hate....stupid, irritating, and that haircut is ridiculous.....yuck

simon69 Guest

Justin Bieber wants to date with a fan

Justin Bieber is a 16 year old boy famously known as a Canadian pop/R&B singer. He is in busy to promote his new album My World 2.0. The latest news about his personal life was he wants to date with a fan and confirmed himself.
    He answered questions from fans and he said that everything he learned from his first song for his love life. When he asked about the girl friend he said like ??I look for the girl, who can make me laugh. I like the girl who has nice smile and good looking eyes.?
    He also added that ??Yes I would like to date with a fan who had never fall in love before. It was cheesy for you but it was true.?
    Teenage singer had a three girl friends in his life so far but he admits that none of them is their for whom he is waiting.
    The Canadian also said that 28-year-old singer Beyonce Knowles is his ideal woman because she is super hot.

simon69 Guest
    Ahhh, the perils of fame. You're only 16, received a new car for a birthday present, and are adored by fans all over the world. Such is life for singing sensation Justin Bieber.

In London to promote his new single Baby and album My World 2.0, the singer appeared on GMTV, where he answered questions from fans about everything from the first song he learned ("Row, Row, Row Your Boat") to his love life.

Bieber revealed he's been asked to get hitched "a bunch of times," and even though he may not be walking down the aisle anytime soon, his fans ?? many of whom were waiting for him at the TV studios ?? still have a chance of landing a date with the young hunk. Asked if he would go out with one of them, he said, "I think that it just depends ?? it depends what the situation is. I think that I'm not going to limit myself."

One thing is for sure: Bieber's mom won't have to act as chauffeur on any of his dates: "I got a Range Rover for my birthday," he said on the show.

The black SUV was a gift from his management team, and Bieber explained there was a good reason it wasn't your normal starter-car. "They wanted a bigger car so if I got in an accident I'm not going to get as hurt," he said with a smile.

Bieber fans hoping to get close to the singer will likely be on the hunt for one of the golden tickets hidden in My World 2.0, which hits stores March 23. Prizes include a chance to appear in one of his upcoming videos and a trip to his June 12 concert at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas.

He kicks off his North American tour in Hartford, Conn., June 23.

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest

Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris

simon69 Guest

Justin Bieber - One Less Lonely Girl

Guest Guest
    he's no Donny Osmond...can't stand this kid...whiny nasally breathy junk is what he sings

simon69 Guest
    "He causes riots everywhere he goes, and my Mom loves him almost as much as I do!" sputters a blonde girl in a bubble-gum pink sweater, flanked by two other breathless tweens. You'd have to be on a serious pop-culture fast not to know which star they're kvelling over, but in any event, they let his name be heard-loudly. "Justin Bieeeberrr!"

Sleepy-eyed before, the crowd perks up. Not to the point of full-on "Biebermania" or anything. It is, after all, 10 o'clock on a Thursday morning, and of the hundreds packed into New York's Hammerstein Ballroom, roughly three dozen are kids who've managed to score VIP seats before taking their SATs. Bieber is performing at Nickelodeon's 2010 upfront presentation, where the youth-centric network is announcing its new slate of programming. After sitting attentively through pitches about "igniting fan position" and supercharging the SpongeBob SquarePants franchise, suited-up ad execs and tastemakers now hover curiously over their seats, necks craned, phones and Flip cams in hand, angling to grab a snippet of the most famous 16-year-old in the game.

Video: Justn talks about the total Biebermania that greets him whereever he goes.

"Your world is my world, and my heart is your heart," Bieber sings in a sweet tenor, perched on a stool and strumming the melody of his first hit, "One Time," on an acoustic guitar. Then he launches into his new single, "Baby," bounding through choreography, thwacking his drummer's kit, rapping Ludacris' guest verse and clutching his chest during swoon-worthy lines like, "We will nevah-evah-evah be apart." Afterward, Bieber sticks around to change the lives of a few brace-faced girls, who are hugging the lip of the stage and clutching their Converse in the hopes of an autograph.

"He-signed-my-shoes-and-my-arm-and-my-cell-phone," says Stephanie Mordoh, a breathless eighth grader from Westchester who's there with two friends. "He's just so talented and amazing." Bieber takes a few photos and on-camera questions. On the Jonas Brothers vs. Justin Bieber inter-fan beef (their shared initials are partly responsible, as anyone under 16 will tell you), he calmly says, "Our fans seem to fight and I don't know why. But I don't care, you know? It's whatever." Five minutes later, he's gone, whisked away by his handlers to the next appearance.

Since being plucked from his hometown of Stratford, Ontario, Bieber has grown from a 13-year-old with a popular YouTube account into a Taylor Swift-co-signed sensation, boasting sales and social-network stats that rival those of any Disney star. The difference between him and Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers, though, is that their careers were jump-started by TV shows.

"There are other artists who have platforms and then get to the musical space, and where that goes, no one really knows," Island Records president Steve Bartels says. "Yes, Justin is a phenom, but it's really backed up. He's got that viral cachet right now, but what he stands for at the end of the day is music. We're keeping our fingers crossed, obviously, but we think we have something here that has incredible longevity."

Bieber's debut album, "My World," was released last November on Island through the Raymond Braun Music Group (a 50/50 joint venture between R&B star Usher Raymond and Bieber's manager, Scott "Scooter" Braun). It arrived at No. 6 on the Billboard 200 with 137,000 copies and has since sold 998,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan, a total likely boosted by iTunes' Complete My Album campaign. Four tracks-"One Time," "One Less Lonely Girl," "Favorite Girl" and "Love Me"-were released prior to the album's street date and have all charted, making Bieber the first solo artist to have four top 40 singles before the release of his debut album. All seven of the album's songs have charted since, adding up to 3.3 million in individual track sales.

simon69 Guest
    "We do have main drivers, but we also are focused on the ancillary sides of the music," Bartels says. "There are multiple records for multiple genres. It becomes an experience, and that's how we're marketing Justin."

Bieber will release "My World 2.0"-his second album of tightly constructed rhythmic teen pop in less than five months-March 23. Once again, four tracks have already been released to iTunes, and at press time, two have reached the top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100 ("Baby" has charted the highest, debuting at No. 5). Though Bartels and other label executives declined to give a specific sales projection, Island Def Jam Music Group (IDJMG) plans to ship 1 million copies of "My World 2.0" in its first week of release-a stark increase from the estimated 300,000-400,000 copies shipped of "My World" in its first week.

Video: Bieber sings "Baby" live onstage for screaming fans.

"I've heard the forecasts, which make me smile because they're a lot higher than what they thought last time," Braun says. "Last time, the Universal research team told the label that we would sell 30,000-60,000 records from Nov. 17 to Dec. 31. ["My World" sold 728,000 through SoundScan's last chart week of 2009.] Now they have a different outlook, and part of me is nervous because it's easy to be underestimated and then prove people wrong. It's not as easy when they have such high expectations."

Those expectations, however, are all the result of Team Bieber's ability to harness his vast online fan base in ways unprecedented. "So many of these artists have Internet traction but are not able to statistically attach anything to it and make money," Def Jam executive VP Chris Hicks says. "We monetized almost every corner of 'My World'-every record we released charted, and releasing those records in that fashion gained us consumer confidence. That's why we sold albums and not singles over the holidays. People were able to recognize that they didn't have one impression in an album. They had four or five, and they could feel confident that they were buying into a burgeoning superstar."

BIEBERMANIA

Like most young artists, Bieber has a back story that reads more like creation myth: Canadian musical prodigy teaches himself to play the drums at age 3, becomes a YouTube sensation at 12 by covering Chris Brown and Ne-Yo hits. His mother fights off pushy managers until finally choosing Braun, who immediately positions Bieber at the center of a bidding war between Justin Timberlake and Usher. Usher wins, IDJMG chairman/CEO Antonio "L.A." Reid gives the green light and voila-Donny Osmond reincarnate.

The real story, not surprisingly, is a little more complicated. Braun says that when he first found Bieber on YouTube, he had only "six or eight" videos on his account, with a few thousand views each. "I was consulting for an act that Akon had in a production deal and looking at his YouTube videos," Braun recalls. "The kid was singing Aretha Franklin's 'Respect,' and there was a related video of Justin singing the same song. I clicked on it thinking it was the same kid and realized that the 20-year-old I was watching was now 12."

Braun, who started out as a sought-after party promoter in Atlanta while he was a student at Emory University, left his post as executive director of marketing at Jermaine Dupri's So So Def Recordings at age 23 to do independent consulting and start his own music business portfolio, Scooter Braun Projects. At a basketball game shortly afterward with his close friend and Ludacris manager Chaka Zulu, Braun mentioned that he wanted to discover and break three acts: the next breakout white rapper (he signed "I Love College" MC Asher Roth two weeks later), an all-female singing group and a young kid who "could do it like Michael Jackson-sing songs that adults would appreciate and be reminded of the innocence they once felt about love." Watching those videos, Braun was sure he'd found his little man. He eventually tracked down Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, by calling the town's school board and convinced her to fly with Bieber to Atlanta for a formal meeting.

"That was the first time either of them had been on a plane," Braun says. "They weren't a wealthy family . . . his mom worked different jobs and their grandparents kind of helped out, so they got by."

The three hit it off, and Braun signed Bieber, who had just turned 13, to a management deal. The next step was to find a major-label partner, which proved difficult at first. "Everyone said 'no,' " Braun says. "They said, 'He's an incredible singer and an amazing talent, but he's too young and he doesn't have Nickelodeon or Disney behind him." Among the earliest execs to show serious interest in Bieber was then-Epic president Charlie Walk, but Sony had recently formed a partnership with Nickelodeon, under which the label group and cable network would jointly produce music-themed programming and albums. Walk approached Doug Cohn, the network's senior VP of music marketing and talent, about doing a show with Bieber, but there was nothing available, and Epic subsequently passed.

Braun next approached Justin Timberlake, whom he'd met while throwing parties for 'N Sync. "I wanted to bring in another artist to put his stamp on Justin, and Timberlake just signed Esmee Denters to Tennman [Records, Timberlake's label], so I thought he might understand the space. I went to him, and he was 100% in."

At around the same time, though, Usher's road manager asked Braun if he had signed a new artist since Asher Roth, who was developing strong buzz on the mixtape circuit. Braun showed him Bieber's YouTube clips, and within a day Usher called him to set up a meeting. What the singer didn't realize, however, was that he had already heard Bieber sing a few months prior. "I said, 'You've met him already,' and Usher was like, 'I thought he was your cousin or something,' " Braun says. The second meeting with Usher took place the day before Bieber and Braun had their final meeting with Timberlake. Usher brought in Hicks to seal the deal with Reid, who himself had signed Usher as a young teen.

simon69 Guest
    "I thought he was an amazing kid, charming with loads of personality," recalls Reid, who adds that the lack of a TV platform never discouraged him from doing a deal. "I've never had the benefit of an 'American Idol' or Disney type of platform. Maybe it's dated, but we launch artists in the traditional sense. Oftentimes, while these kids may be very talented, we think of them as TV stars first, and the music is secondary. Justin is music first."
    Bieber signed a multirights deal with Raymond Braun Music Group, which was created specifically for him and which in turn inked a 50/50 joint venture with IDJMG in July 2008. The latter also reaps benefits from touring and merch.

Video: Bieber sang Kanye West's "Heartless" and Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me A River" at Billboard's video studios last year.

Braun says Usher's enthusiasm won him over. "Usher didn't have a label yet, so he wanted to be my partner," he says. "Timberlake wanted to be my partner, but the people running his label weren't as keen on it. Usher understood the role I wanted him to play."

Braun moved Bieber and his mother to Atlanta and got to work on recording original material. He and Hicks booked studio time with top R&B/pop producers and songwriters like the-Dream, Tricky Stewart, Bryan-Michael Cox, Johnta Austin and Kuk Harrell.

"It was my first time ever being in the studio," Bieber says. "I think my emotion has always been there, but I know what to do better now, and my voice has developed."

As for writing for a 14-year-old, Stewart says that "it's just about making a universal-sounding record. In a way, it kind of helps you write better, because the lyrical content is limited so there's a lot less you can say. The melody really has to be there."

Braun cut eight songs before playing them for Reid at his Grammy bungalow in February 2009. "He was like, 'We've got singles. We're ready,' " Braun recalls. Reid signed off on a $50,000 budget for the "One Time" video, and the single was released in April. It didn't pick up steam, though, until mid-summer when the video hit YouTube, where Bieber's subscriber base already stood at 40 million. "One Time" debuted at No. 95 on the Hot 100 in late July, and the dominos fell from there, with traditional media outlets gradually catching up to the notion that a viral sensation without any national TV presence suddenly had fans eager to forge a deeper connection.

"He had such a huge online fan base that our biggest challenge was, 'How do we convince the traditional partners we work with that this kid is real, that these viral fans really exist?' " IDJMG senior director of marketing Gabriella Schwartz says. "So we did the more traditional promo tour and started getting out some of our creative assets, and we saw immediate reactions." An almost comical series of PR boons followed, in which Bieber would show up for a promo appearance and the host venue was completely unprepared for the crowd that showed up to see him.

Top 40 WHTZ (Z100) New York PD Sharon Datsur describes an online chat that Bieber did for the station in September 2009. "When the chat started, it nearly crashed the system and had record-breaking numbers for any celebrity chat we've ever done. We started playing his music shortly after that."
    Bieber's "Today" show performance Oct. 12 drew more than 2,000 fans, according to NBC, the most of any act in 2009. Things got out of hand at a much-publicized Nov. 20 appearance at Long Island's Roosevelt Field Mall, where an out-of-control crowd led to the event's cancellation. IDJMG VP of sales James Roppo was arrested and held overnight by Nassau County police for not sending a tweet from Bieber's Twitter page that instructed his fans to disperse (only Bieber and Braun know the password). Roppo wouldn't speak on the incident, which is still under investigation, but Braun says his lawyer is still cooperating with authorities. The Nassau County district attorney's director of communications Carole Trottere said in an e-mailed statement, "We are working with the attorneys for Def Jam Records to further investigate what happened on that day. We are also in the process of looking into the level of responsibility held by the various corporations involved in the event and their agents."

In the middle of all this pandemonium is a kid whose music is quickly catching up to his popularity. Bieber turned 16 March 1, and "My World 2.0" reflects more mature sensibility. It has dance-pop ear candy like "Somebody to Love" and "Runaway love," a slow-burner ballad in "Up," a catchy Sean Kingston collabo in "Eenie Meenie" and one potential career-maker titled "U Smile"-a piano-driven ballad addressed directly to Bieber's devout followers. "Baby take my open heart and all it offers," Bieber croons, his voice straining as much from puberty as emotion. It's the closest he's come to fulfilling Braun's wish, by sounding like a certain young Motown star. "This is as unconditional as it'll ever get/You ain't seen nothing yet."

Needless to say, Bieber is pretty tired these days. Between interviews and appearances, he studies a required three hours daily. "School sucks," he says defiantly, between bites of Chinese takeout while en route from biology lessons to a photo shoot with Seventeen magazine. His handlers also make sure he gets at least one day off per week, to just relax or play sports (basketball, hockey, skateboarding). About 30 of his friends were flown to Los Angeles for his 16th birthday, where he sumo wrestled with Young Money upstart Lil Twist.

"I'm only 16 once," Bieber says. "I got to live like it." In the same breath, though, he announces that he wants to tour throughout 2010, which Braun says will likely be followed by either a repackaging of "My World" and "My World 2.0" or a Christmas album for the fourth quarter. Both AEG and Live Nation have made offers for a headlining trek, and Bieber says he wouldn't think twice before playing Madison Square Garden. "I just think that I have enough fans, so I could pull in the people. I don't really get nervous anymore. I've already performed at Madison Square Garden, and I've performed for an hour before. What's the difference?" Bieber also wants to act, and Braun has raised funds to develop feature film projects. "I don't want to do the 'Hannah Montana' thing," he says.

Bieber doesn't let cries of "teen pop fad" faze him, either. "There's more people that like me than there are who hate me, so I kind of brush it off," he says. "People say, 'Oh, people just like him because he's pretty.' Or the funniest one: 'When he goes through puberty, he's not going to be a good singer anymore. How does that make sense when we've seen people like Michael Jackson and Usher and Justin Timberlake and all these famous singers do it?"

In the interim, Bieber's schedule is about to get even more hectic, with bookings lined up for "The View," "Saturday Night Live" and Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards. He also recently performed three sets on QVC, which helped propel Susan Boyle's sales last year. The shopping network is offering an exclusive DVD with pre-orders of "My World 2.0." "It's not an obvious look for Justin to be on QVC," IDJMG's Roppo says. "That's like soccer moms, right? But every one of these kids' moms is a potential QVC viewer. The idea was to create an experience for them where the daughter is actually driving the interest."

Millions of daughters and moms uniting for the common cause of Bieber fever surely won't hurt sales. But it's clear that the biggest driver in all of this is Bieber himself, who still replies to his fans on Twitter as though the past whirlwind eight months haven't turned his world upside down. These days, it's only noteworthy when he isn't a trending topic, and he intends to keep it that way. "I still [use Twitter] as much as before," he says. "People write to me and say, 'I'm giving up, you're not talking to me.' I just write them a simple message like, 'Never give up,' you know? And it changes their life." The effect, clearly, is mutual.

simon69 Guest

simon69 Guest

Justin Bieber Announces 'My World' Tour, First Headlining Trek

Bieber fever is about to hit every corner of North America, as teen pop singer Justin Bieber today (Mar. 16) announced his first-ever headlining tour. The news comes just a week before Bieber's new album "My World 2.0," the followup to his fast-selling November debut, "My World," hits stores. The "My World" tour kicks off June 23 in Hartford, Conn., and will visit 40 North American cities before wrapping on Sept. 4 in Allentown, Pa.

Sean Kingston, who recently collaborated with Bieber on "My World 2.0" track "Eenie Meenie," is billed as a special guest on the AEG-Live produced trek. Tickets go on sale on Mar. 27, with pre-sale tickets available to fanclub members at the newly launched bieberfever.com fansite on Mar. 18.

Bieber's first "My World" album has sold 998,000 copies, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

Here are Justin Bieber's "My World" tour dates:

June 23: Hartford, Conn. (XL Center)
    June 24: Trenton, N.J. (Sun National Bank Center)
    June 26: Cincinnati, Ohio (US Bank Arena)
    June 27: Milwaukee, Wis. (Milwaukee Summerfest)
    June 29: Minneapolis, Minn. (Target Center)
    June 30: Des Moines, Iowa (Wells Fargo Arena)
    July 2: Moline, Iowa (i wireless Center)
    July 3: Omaha, Neb. (Qwest Center)
    July 5: Grand Prairie, Texas (NOKIA Theater at Grand Prairie)
    July 6: Tulsa, Okla. (BOK Center)
    July 8: Broomfield, Colo. (1STBANK Center)
    July 10: W. Valley City, Utah (The E Center)
    July 13: Everett, Wash. (Comcast Arena at Everett)
    July 14: Portland, Ore. (Rose Garden)
    July 17: Oakland, Calif. (Oracle Arena)
    July 18: Reno, Nev. (Reno Events Center)
    July 20: Los Angeles, Calif. (Nokia Theatre LA Live)
    July 21: Paso Robles, Calif. (California Mid-State Fair)
    July 24: Las Vegas, Nev. (The Theatre for Performing Arts at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino)
    July 25: Glendale, Ariz. (jobing.com Arena)
    July 28: Kansas City, Mo. (Sprint Center)
    July 29: N. Little Rock, Ark. (Verizon Arena)
    July 31: Memphis, Tenn. (FedExForum)
    Aug. 1: Lafayette, La. (Cajundome)
    Aug. 4: Orlando, Fla. (Amway Arena)
    Aug. 5: Sunrise, Fla. (BankAtlantic Center)
    Aug. 8: Charlotte, N.C. (Time Warner Cable Arena)
    Aug. 9: Duluth, Ga. (Arena at Gwinnett Center)
    Aug. 11: Nashville, Tenn. (Bridgestone Arena)
    Aug. 12: Indianapolis, Ind. (Conseco Fieldhouse)
    Aug. 14: Columbus, Ohio (Schottenstein Center)
    Aug. 15: Auburn Hills, Mich. (The Palace of Auburn Hills)
    Aug. 21: Toronto, Ont. (Air Canada Centre)
    Aug. 22: London, Ont. (John Labatt Centre)
    Aug. 24: Ottawa, Ont. (Scotiabank Place)
    Aug. 25: Albany, N.Y. (Times Union Center)
    Aug. 27: Providence, R.I. (Dunkin' Donuts Center)
    Aug. 28: Newark, N.J. (Prudential Center)
    Aug. 29: Syracuse, N.Y. (New York State Fair)
    Aug. 31: New York, N.Y. (Madison Square Garden)
    Sept. 1: Manchester, N.H. (Verizon Wireless Arena)
    Sept. 3: Essex Junction, Vt. (Coca-Cola Grandstand at Champlaign Valley Exposition)
    Sept. 4: Allentown, Pa. (The Great Allentown Fair)

simon69 Guest
    Bieber On Billboard!

It's about to be tween mayhem at the magazine racks!
    Justin Bieber is on the cover of Billboard magazine doing his best John Cusak impersonation. We're guessing he has no idea what the hell he's holding considering he was born in 1994.
    And for all you haters out there, he's got a message for you!
    Justin tells the mag:
    "There??s more people that like me than there are who hate me, so I kind of brush it off. People say, 'Oh, people just like him because he??s pretty.' Or the funniest one: 'When he goes through puberty, he??s not going to be a good singer anymore.' How does that make sense when we??ve seen people like Michael Jackson and Usher and Justin Timberlake and all these famous singers do it?"
    As long as there are tweens, the Bieber fever will live, so get used to it!

51. 03-21-2010, 03:15 PM

52. 03-21-2010, 03:23 PM

53. 03-21-2010, 03:24 PM

54. 03-21-2010, 03:27 PM

55. 03-21-2010, 03:29 PM