Thread: Mary Ann Jackson

Mary Ann Jackson

MARY ANN JACKSON Died Dec. 17, 2003
    Child actress Mary Ann Jackson died at age 80. Her death was not made public for nearly two years! Ms. Jackson played Mary Ann 32 of Hal Roachâ??s "Our Gang" comedy shorts. After 57 shorts and silent films, Ms. Jackson retired at the ripe old age of eight years old. She resurfaced in the 1950 film "Ma & Pa Kettle Go to Town." She also appeared in an episode of "The Andy Griffith Show."
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 07-23-2009 at 01:19 AM.

Yksguy Guest
    The Little Rascals curse strikes again.

Kathyf Guest
    Why did they wait so long to say she died? Also How? Don't you have to report that?

erin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Yksguy View Post
    The Little Rascals curse strikes again.
    how is dying at 80 a curse? one would think that was a long lived life!

Jaxxx Guest
    yeah, what was the big secret that she died, not like she was a little girl, hell she was 80.

Yksguy Guest
    Erin, I was being facetious.

I can't stand what MGM did to the series, making it way too talky and preachy. I love the Hal Roach shorts, especially with her, Jackie Cooper and Wheezer. In Pups is Pups the kids say what they'd do if they ever got ahold of $200.00 (remember, they're very little and this is the Depression): Mary Ann says "I'd take my mama to Europe. She always did want to see Chicago." I watch that short (and other Hal Roach comedy-shorts) every so often instead the crap on Cable (i.e. so-called reality TV) and it makes me laugh every time.

Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    how is dying at 80 a curse? one would think that was a long lived life!
    Perhaps because it wasn't made public until two years later? That's the only thing I can think of.