Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anissa Jones

Anissa Jones

That one really bothered me because I used to watch Family Affair when I was a kid...

hoxharding Guest
    That was a shocker-very tragic.

I agree- this one was really sad. It's even sadder that her brother died too. The pic of her name in the cement on Scott's site really touched at my heart.

alexmack Guest
    OMG, Buffy!! I loved that show. I always wished that Uncle Bill was my uncle. You know, just like we all wanted to be Half Pint on Little House? Pa was awesome!

hoxharding Guest
    The guy who played her brother is still alive. But after I heard what he was into. All I can say is between the deaths and the kink, it has stained that show for me.

Thumbs up

I loved Family Affair. She was a cute kid.

1karenhb Guest
    I too wanted Uncle Bill to be my Uncle. I was so jealous of those 3 kids! Another show with tragic deaths.

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    I never liked Family Affair except for Mr French.
    I always thought the big sister was homely as a toad.
    The kids were too sugary most of the time.
    And as for Bill.. Hey Shmuck! Ya got kids now, buy a house with yard!

OBX Guest
    Yeah, Mr. French was cool.

I saw a show where they interviewed the boy and he talked about when he turned 18 and was finally allowed to have all his money. It was $90k and he was pissed. But mom explained that he had paid for all of the family and the braces and the doctor visits and on and on and all the money was gone except what had been court protected.

He admitted to blowing through the money pretty quick. Sorry to hear he has become a freak, because in the interview he came across pretty normal.

Mavros Guest
    Did anyone have a Mrs. Beasley doll? I did.

GEAUX LSU Guest
    what you mean johnny whitaker a freak? is he doing drugs too? geesh what is this world coming to

Duke Six Guest
    Crazy part is the all to often refrain, We were all partying and nobody noticed until it was too late and all these IDIOTS start freaking out and when its too late, Its too late. Senseless result as always seems to be the case. I wonder who got her Pinto? It was new at the time.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavros View Post
    i still have mine~

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Six View Post
    I wonder who got her Pinto? It was new at the time.
    I've still got mine.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmack View Post
    You know, just like we all wanted to be Half Pint on Little House? Pa was awesome!
    Yeah, Michael Landon was pretty awesome back then...I was just old enough at the time not want him as a father though .

As to Family Affair...I was young enough during that show's run to not get too much tooth decay as a side effect from watching. Also had a miniature (Barbie scale) Buffy who had a tiny Mrs. Beasley doll. Very cute. Still have it stashed away somewhere with the old Barbies.

candleinthewind Guest
    I was about 10 when she died and it is my first awareness of drugs because my mom explained what had happened to her.

CornChex Guest
    Well...I am intrigued by what hoxharding said. I knew that Johnny Whitaker is a recovering cocaine addict, but I never heard about any "kink" that he was involved in. Please dish the dirt.... :-)

GEAUX LSU Guest
    well hopefully johnny can stay clean....it would be a miracle if he does....i loved the show...what happened to those good old days...ha ha ha

Shes Not There Guest
    I did, but it "disappeared" during a move, along with a bunch of other items my grandmother had saved to give to me when I turned 18. I still remember she would let me look-but not touch. What a shame...

jlhist64 Guest
    I was 12 years old in 1976 the year that Anyssa died, and I still remember seeing that on the news. I don't know why I still remember it, but when I saw and read the story about her never overcoming all the demons in her personal life, I really felt sad about her....I also remember seeing the news when Susan Hayward died.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shes Not There View Post
    I did, but it "disappeared" during a move, along with a bunch of other items my grandmother had saved to give to me when I turned 18. I still remember she would let me look-but not touch. What a shame...

Gah! What a freaky looking doll... that would give me nightmares!

katspjs Guest

Still do.....she lives in my attic....

pottymouth Guest
    This death surprised me when I found out about it years ago. I used to love watching Family Affair. Never liked the doll or Sissy though (figures though as she's Paris Hilton's mommy)

SueWahoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    I never liked Family Affair except for Mr French.
    I always thought the big sister was homely as a toad.
    Not a Kathy Garver fan? I met her and we somehow ended up chatting about Connecticut. Apparently, she has family in Weston so try not to throw tomatoes when she's visiting. Of course, if you could throw a tomato from Putnam to Weston, the Yanks are looking for help in the bullpen.

Also, yes, I had a Mrs Beasley doll. In fact, according to my grannie, when I was a toddler I used to call her Mrs Beasley (until I graduated to Noni, of course).

Sue

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
    Never liked the doll or Sissy though (figures though as she's Paris Hilton's mommy)
    Kathy Garver is no more Paris Hilton's mother than I am.

And I'm not sure why someone above thinks she looked like a toad on the series. She was definitely boning material!

kafenervosa Guest
    Wow, I can't believe how many of you still have your Mrs. Beasley doll! I still have mine, too, but she's not doing too well. I ripped her arm, and my mom sewed a "cast" on it to fix it. She doesn't talk anymore either.

I remember when Anissa died. I was in 5th grade and remember thinking that I hoped it was a hoax, like Rodney Allen Rippey being killed.

Irishlass Guest

I did to..

I not only had the doll, I vividly remember having a Mrs. Beasley cake for my 3rd birthday. I loved that doll!

Snoopy Guest
    My cousin had a Mrs Beasley doll when we were young..I don't ever remember her being without it!

Rugger57 Guest

Mrs. Beasley.....

And how many here admit to having a Mrs. Beasley doll is male????

LOL!!!!!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger57 View Post
    And how many here admit to having a Mrs. Beasley doll is male????

LOL!!!!!
    I never had one but they easily could have made a Horror show with that doll...it was creepy looking in my opinon!!

I too had a Mrs. Beasley doll and a Mrs. Beasley cake for my 5th birthday. I still remember where I was when my dad who can be a real smartass told me she had died. I was playing with my fisher-price mainstreet village in the living room. My dad asked me if I still wanted to be like Buffy when I grew up. When I said yes, he said, "Oh, you want to be dead at eighteen from drugs?".
    It was a shame how she died. It seems like she took care of everyone else except for herself.
    Last edited by Colicky; 11-10-2007 at 08:31 AM.

Katie Guest
    So, Is the older sister really Paris Hilton's mom? I had never heard that.

Jazbabee Guest
    I still have my Mrs. Beasley doll, and she still works ! Wonder if she is worth anything ?

Ron Burgundy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    So, Is the older sister really Paris Hilton's mom? I had never heard that.
    No

guyinpto Guest
    I am a man...I didn't have a doll myself, but I stole my next door neighbors and hid it in my shed. LOL..

Noelle Page Guest
    Poor Johnny Whittaker (and Gary Coleman, etc.) The subtitle to every child star's biography really should be: EVERYBODY NEEDS MONEY!

1karenhb Guest
    Child actress Kim Richards is Paris Hilton's aunt on her mother's side.

monhol Guest
    now wasn't johnny whittaker in "sigmund and the sea monster"?? i think mary wickes was his aunt or something?? not sure. but if johnny was in both showed(not at the same time) homie should have received more money than that. anissa only received between 70 and 80,000. it is sad how kids go into show business and have to take care of the whole family. mom and dad made babies and now jr. is their provider and he is all a child himself. i think it is selfish for parents to think that way.

40. 11-10-2007, 12:05 PM
    Reason
    do over

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monhol View Post
    now wasn't johnny whittaker in "sigmund and the sea monster"?? i think mary wickes was his aunt or something?? not sure. but if johnny was in both showed(not at the same time) homie should have received more money than that. anissa only received between 70 and 80,000. it is sad how kids go into show business and have to take care of the whole family. mom and dad made babies and now jr. is their provider and he is all a child himself. i think it is selfish for parents to think that way.
    The laws have finally changed over the years regarding child actors.

Kathyf Guest
    I loved Family Affair but because of Mr. French. I have visited his grave in Westwood many times. I loved the beginning of the show with the red jewels or whatever they were.

Cathy J. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Poor Johnny Whittaker (and Gary Coleman, etc.) The subtitle to every child star's biography really should be: EVERYBODY NEEDS MONEY!
    A few years back both Kathy Garver and Johnny Whittaker were here in Winchester, VA as guest of the local Shenahdoah Apple Blossom Festival.
    Our local newspaer made it seem like both were some kind of preachers.

Actually Apple Blossom in recent years has been more like the thing to do for "former-stars" who don't have anything better to do. Among those who have done "the bloom"...

Adam West
    Jerry Mathers
    Jill St. John
    Gary Coleman
    Gary Collins ( after Hour Magazine )
    Frank Bonner ( after WKRP )
    Wayne Newton
    George "Goober" Lindsay ( who looked like he was already dead !!! )
    Larry Hagman ( I heard he wasn't happy being here )
    Lucie Arnaz
    Anson Williams ( after Happy Days )
    Robert Wagner ( after Hart to Hart )
    Ty Herndon ( busted for trying to pick up an undercover cop for sex )
    Tom Poston
    Hal Linden ( his show Blacks Magic was cancelled when he was here !! )
    Mary Tyler Moore ( only because she owns land in our area )
    Katie Couric ( dittos with Mary Tyler Moore )
    Willard Scott ( dittos again..like Katie and Mary )

and then there was Al Roker from the Today show. No sooner than he accepted the invation to come to Winchester, his father-in-law died and had to cancel. However the torch was passed to Andrew Humpreys who was the weatherman for WRC-TV out of Washington DC. The weekend Andrew was here, he was fired from WRC.

Lorne Greene was supposed to be here in 1987, but didn't make it. He died !!

There has to be an Apple Blossom Curse.

Good luck to Whittaker and Garver !!

I heard a rumor that next year they are eyeing Dawn Wells from Gilligan's Island. If she was smart, she would say NO.
    Last edited by Cathy J.; 11-11-2007 at 03:33 AM.

star82 Guest
    Kathy Richards aka Paris Hilton's Mom was on one episode as "carol" in 1971.

45. 11-11-2007, 09:51 AM

1karenhb Guest
    Re: the Apple Blossom "curse" LOL. Huntington Beach, CA has a huge July4, parade every year with has been stars as grand marshalls including Jerry Mathers and Dawn Wells. At least the parade isn't cursed!!!

RoRo Guest
    I too loved Mr French...wanted to live with him, not Uncle Bill...and I had a Mrs Beasley doll but she went away a long time ago

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    My brother was a very good friend of Anissa's growing up in Oceanside, California. He does not talk about it often (we discussed it at great length one night while drinking) and was deeply affected by her death. I remember him choking up when discussing trying to get her to clean up her life. He kicked her boyfriends ass a few months after her funeral.

susalu Guest
    I thought I remembered that Mr French (Sebastian Cabot) couldn't stand those kids. Not sure where I got that from....

I was maybe 10 or 11 when Family Affair was on... I couldn't take the little kids... But I thought Cissy was cool... She reminded me of my older sister, only nicer!

It was so funny, those kids always called him UNCA BEYO... That part was cute!

Sus

Quote Originally Posted by alexmack View Post
    OMG, Buffy!! I loved that show. I always wished that Uncle Bill was my uncle. You know, just like we all wanted to be Half Pint on Little House? Pa was awesome!
    I don't know about Brian Keith as a dad. I always wished Hugh Hefner was my dad.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lisalouver Guest
    I still have my Mrs Beasley doll too! Wow, a lot of us do!

I was a fan of Family Affair too, although I was a much bigger fan of Sigmond the Sea Monster with Johnny Whittaker. I had a crush on him. He would sing on there and I thought he was the greatest.....course I was very young when it was on!

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    I had a Mrs. Beasley doll too I think she is in my storage somewhere. I also had a Kitty Carryall ( from the Brady Bunch)anyone have one of those??