Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Brittany Murphy

Hippo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    Well, young mr james, consider yourself lucky. Without ativan I wouldn't leave my house. Without amitriptyline and lithium someone would be dead.
    Ever had a life altering injury, young mr james? Get back to me when that happens.
    To Sablegsd:

Amen to that.

Having a bad injury or an illness will shake us out of thinking that meds are unnecessary.

Just because one person feels fine, this has nothing to do with another person who might die without medication.

Apparantly the LA ME office is not pleased with the leaked info.

I'll be the first to say it.

I'm pretty sure I'll be knocked off Santa's good list for saying it but......

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS!!! ::::scurrries back under her rock::::

DHfromTN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mooches View Post
    Apparantly the LA ME office is not pleased with the leaked info.

I'll be the first to say it.

I'm pretty sure I'll be knocked off Santa's good list for saying it but......

WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS!!! ::::scurrries back under her rock::::
    Everyone has already thought it, you can come out.. haha

I take a high blood pressure pill and insulin, and that's it. However, I have in the past had anxiety attacks and Xanax saved my butt. And if I should have to take it again, I will.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Forever-27 Guest
    Except for her being the voice of luanne on King of the Hill I had never heard of her in anything else.

looks like she had some plastic surgery ( from her last movie)
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1237905/Tragic-Brittany-Murphy-pictured-set-final-movie-months-death.html

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily_Aleister View Post
    Just because someone has all of those medications in their home doesn't mean they're actively taking them. I have medication in my cabinet from last year that I haven't thrown out. I keep them just in case and because I paid for them.
    The article said they were on her bed stand, right? That's certainly not pushed to the back of a medicine cabinet & forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by ppepper View Post
    Topamax is a seizure medication that may be taken to prevent migraines.
    Propranolol is a heart med. to lowed blood pressure but also to prevent migraines. I take both meds.
    It is possible that she had a bad migraine and had a type of stroke.
    I am always scared of that when I have a really bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by ppepper View Post
    A tylenol does not take away my headaches, you are very lucky that you dont get migraines.
    Amen!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Cryo-le View Post

Also there doesn't seem to be medication to treat diabetes in the list.
    There was one listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Sounds like she had been so sick in the week or so preceeding her death that she just may have taken more pills then she realized. When your feeling that bad it is easy to keep count at times. Whatever the situation I'm betting to many meds is going to be a part of it. Plus one medical examiner on a news show this morning was speculating that some of the drugs were ordered under other names such as Michael Jacksons were. Still it is just speculation.
    When I get a migraine, I lose track so I write it all down, time & dose. I write down when I take my allergy meds & when my son takes his, too.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Yeah she had trout pout.

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1237905/Tragic-Brittany-Murphy-pictured-set-final-movie-months-death.html
    wow, that doesn't even look like her there! Her looks changed a lot over time, but those are the biggest I have seen her lips.

It's been said before, but this is so tragic -- I had a feeling as soon as entertainment weekly came out with their memorial issue for the lost stars of 2009 that they were "jinxing" the famous in some way. Somehow I just knew there would be at least one more big one before the year ended. I don't follow any stars very closely, so I had no idea how bad a shape she was in, and this came as a total shock to me. No matter if it was an OD or ED or physical defect, these young deaths are the toughest to hear about, especially after watching these actors and actresses sort of grow up on the silver screen -- and sometimes, we are growing up with them and these deaths seem a little close to home. I never dreamed when I watched Clueless a million times as a teen that I would be hearing about this sweet girl's death just over a decade later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nali View Post
    Murphy was found collapsed in her shower in her Hollywood Hills home....

Maybe it was a heart attack climbing up to that monstrosity every day. It would take a cut lunch and a sixpack to get to the top floor.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Maybe it was a heart attack climbing up to that monstrosity every day. It would take a cut lunch and a sixpack to get to the top floor.
    Distorted perspective. See the worlds largest dog thread recently posted.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

she is unrecognizable here. She was a natural cutie and didn't need plastic surgery. On Geraldo on Sunday night, one of the guests said she was upset over her plastic surgery gone bad. What a shame.

DHfromTN Guest

she is unrecognizable here. She was a natural cutie and didn't need plastic surgery. On Geraldo on Sunday night, one of the guests said she was upset over her plastic surgery gone bad. What a shame.
    I would never guess that was Brittany Murphy.. she looks nothing like herself! I think she was beautiful when she was dating Ashton. I wonder if he was the BF that blind site was hinting at (saying she wasn't as small as other actresses..)

Forever-27 Guest

That house so reminds me of Relativity ( Crazy Stairs painting )

King Cryo-le Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post

There was one listed.

Yeah, but I think that's a mistake from TmZ

Carbamazepine (treats Diabetic symptoms and is also a bipolar med)

don't think this would be used to treat normal diabetes :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbamazepine

Cat lady in training Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DHfromTN View Post
    I would never guess that was Brittany Murphy.. she looks nothing like herself! I think she was beautiful when she was dating Ashton. I wonder if he was the BF that blind site was hinting at (saying she wasn't as small as other actresses..)
    But the last pictures of her from an event she went to on December 3 she looks quite a bit better and more like herself. I think she might have been made to look haggard in this movie. Also that close up pic I think they have lip liner on her outside of her natural lip line (but it does look like she had lip injections as well)

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat lady in training View Post
    But the last pictures of her from an event she went to on December 3 she looks quite a bit better and more like herself. I think she might have been made to look haggard in this movie. Also that close up pic I think they have lip liner on her outside of her natural lip line (but it does look like she had lip injections as well)
    Yes, she did. But there have been several pics of her trout mouth. I hate that she did that to herself.

DHfromTN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat lady in training View Post
    Oh I agree, she looked a lot better (in the face) on that night than she did here. And yes, she did have a brown lip liner on under her lips, but there are other pics of her where her lips were much larger than usual..

Like this one:

Nicki Guest
    Why in the world was she getting plastic surgery at just 32 years of age? Sounds like a huge insecurity problem to me.

silverwaif77 Guest
    Insecurity put on her by hollywood BS. In that last pic it looks like she just got her upper lip injected a few hours before the pic was taken. Tori Spelling got her nose done for her 16th birthday, it's CRAZY!

John Connor Guest
    Why in the world was she getting plastic surgery at just 32 years of age? Sounds like a huge insecurity problem to me.

I don't know why people are so shocked. 32 is not young in Hollywood and she wasn't doing anything most actresses (and actors) are doing. She'll be scrutinized now that she's dead but I'm sure most actresses are underweight and the majority of people in films and television have had some cosmetic surgery. You'd be hard pressed to find a person in show business who is "secure".

james1977 Guest

Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    This is to James1977:

You say: "I take nothing and I'm fine."

I appreciate that--you're very lucky.

The number of things that go wrong with a person's body which require medication are almost infinite. Your lack of needing meds has nothing to do with anyone else needing meds.

I think it's awesome that you can do so many jumping jacks and are on a successful weight-loss regimen. That's a really creative way to lose weight and I hope you will keep posting on your progress.
    Just trying to lose 40 pounds. Drugs are definitely needed some times but every single day of our lives. Every single day. I am trying to reduce blood pressure. Once I get to 180 and if I have blood pressure that is too high. I will definitely get some meds for blood pressure control. Blood pressure is the whole thing and yes those are meds that are needed. Poor John Ritter was on the meds and he died anyway. Some in families just have high blood pressure that goes out of control. Can just be sitting down and still be at 140 over 110. Meds are needed. And when I get to 180. Blood pressure too high. It's time for some blood pressure meds. Those are the one thing that we do need. Because the whole thing is blood pressure. I've always said that. I thought Brittany looked good in her last picture on the movie set. The poor gal. I am still shook up over this. Why doesn't Charles Manson or O.J. keel over? Awful

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Holy ducklips, Batman!

punklove Guest
    [quote=cash;979741]looks like she had some plastic surgery ( from her last movie)
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Wow, thats really her??

punklove Guest
    HAHAHA, you are telling me! What a work out that looks like.

punklove Guest

Jessica simpson got all sorts of work on her face when she was much younger, I honestly just dont get it.

I mean, if the plastic surgery didnt make their face look like a bloated corpse I could perhaps understand more, but I never see plastic surgery (mainly the lip and botox thing) that looks.. flattering.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Wow! Her lips look awful in those pics..yikes! So sad! Never noticed that before.

Hippo Guest
    To James1977:

John Ritter died from a problem with his aorta. I believe he had had some kind of testing done and they could tell something was wrong and advised him to get further testing. He put it off, as we all tend to do.

When he started having severe symptoms, he was rushed to the hospital across the street from where he worked. The doctors had to act quickly, but the thing that was wrong with him (aortic dissection) was not that common, and they couldn't figure it out fast enough to save his life.

His widow sued the hospital and lost.

I'm not sure why you think blood pressure issues is the cause of all medical problems.

MAMA2AROTT Guest
    Radaronline just posted that her funeral will be tomorrow at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    To James1977:

John Ritter died from a problem with his aorta. I believe he had had some kind of testing done and they could tell something was wrong and advised him to get further testing. He put it off, as we all tend to do.

When he started having severe symptoms, he was rushed to the hospital across the street from where he worked. The doctors had to act quickly, but the thing that was wrong with him (aortic dissection) was not that common, and they couldn't figure it out fast enough to save his life.

His widow sued the hospital and lost.

I'm not sure why you think blood pressure issues is the cause of all medical problems.
    Blood Pressure is often the cause of an Arota Disection. My cousin just went through that this past year and was lucky enough to live. Still its a long long recovery with alot of after effects.

[quote=punklove;979927]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Wow, thats really her??
    Now that would be my luck. Born beautiful then go have some messed up surgery that left me with a distorted face in death. I would be at the Pearly Gates demanding a do-over.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DHfromTN View Post

January Jones used to be Aston's GF-according to January, Ashton told her she didn't have the talent to be an actress(said to January)

BooMom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    January Jones used to be Aston's GF-according to January, Ashton told her she didn't have the talent to be an actress(said to January)

And she's now working on one of the most popular cable shows - while Ashton just does commercials.

slw Guest
    I've read that her funeral is on Christmas Eve and perhaps a memorial in January

ginasaurusrex Guest
    Perez just posted a link to the husbands photography website, apparently he'd taken quite a few shots of Brittany over the past year, and all I can say is..... wow!! She looks amazing! Make-up and photoshop can go pretty far, but she doesn't seem to look like a waif of a person with a hidden drug habit, and I hate to say it (because I think her husband looks like a beast) but she looks immensely happy in the shots so I'm wondering if there is some truth to the saying 'love is blind'. So sad, I didn't love her movies, but I really, really liked her and would have enjoyed seeing where her career went.

Nali Guest

Lightbulb Chrissues

I think my Chrissues woke me up in the middle of the night and while I was up I started thinking 'do I really care that Brittany Murphy is dead?'
    The answer really taught me a lot about myself as a person and showed me that we all should take the ti-- Just Kidding.

The world lost a beautiful and talented soul on Sunday. We know that.

We
    do eh? I don't know that! Alright. I did watch King of the Hill...

(Petty = yes. Murphy = no.)

We don't know why or how Brittany Murphy was taken from us.

Pretty sure she died.

Autopsy results won't be released for 4-6 weeks, and even then we may have only a vague idea of what killed the 32-year-old.

Vague eh? Kinda reminds me this other joker..

We do know when Murphy was last seen in public.

Thank you celebrity driven society!

(and what do tabloids mean DID she get her lips done? Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Helen Keller can see she did. I wouldn't look happy about it either)

We know when she was found by her mother.

Ouch. That super sucks (and super sticks).

And we know that her friends, family and fans are beyond sad to see her gone.

As you do with death! At least now they don't have to wonder anymore:

Annnnnnnd.... the rant and I are....
    over!

Lily_Aleister Guest
    www.simonmonjackphotography.com

Yes, her funeral will be tomorrow Christmas Eve at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills.

ginasaurusrex Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily_Aleister View Post
    www.simonmonjackphotography.com

Yes, her funeral will be tomorrow Christmas Eve at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills.

Thank you for posting the link... totally forgot to do that

http://http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2560593408/nm0005261
    for some reason the photo would load up on here.... was reading her imbd page when this picture was right at the top....spooky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

smooches27 Guest
    This is just so sad!! I really liked Brittany Murphy and while her movies weren't blockbusters, I enjoyed them. Although I know you can't judge an actor's personality by the movies they're in, she seemed like such a bubbly and outgoing person. She will be missed.

Nali Guest

Picture Her... Dead!

Emergency Recall on Brittany Murphy Posters

Posted Dec 23rd 2009 1:33PM by TMZ Staff

A DVD rental company is scrambling to remove outdoor promotional posters of Brittany Murphy -- posed lifeless in a bathtub -- for her movie, "Deadline."

Officials from redbox -- which operates DVD kiosks around the country -- tell TMZ beginning today field teams are removing the "Deadline" box art from the kiosk displays. The officials tell us it will take 7 - 10 days to remove the image from the 19,000 kiosks nationwide.

We're also told the "Deadline" distribution company will change out the DVD covers.

So you better get yours soon eh!

mysterygoddess1978 Guest
    http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/140647.html This just posted via google.

Nali Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterygoddess1978 View Post
    "...People are ignorant to this. America is ignorant to this ... to the pharmaceuticals,"
    That's what I've been saying all along lol!

Nali Guest

She's Not In the Ground, But She Is On the Tour!

Posted Dec 23rd 2009 12:35AM by TMZ Staff

Brittany Murphy's home is already a stop on "Haunted Hollywood Tours."

A van for the tour company was seen driving past the house Brittany died in just yesterday -- only two days after her death.

As far as we know, Brittany's husband, Simon Monjack, still lives there.

Was shocked to hear of her death.. another great talent and beautiful person to leave the world far too soon

I loved her in Girl Interupted, Sin City and so many other films... what a waste.

RIP sweetm beautiful lady.. hope you are at peace now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

Lita Guest
    Blood Pressure is often the cause of an Arota Disection. My cousin just went through that this past year and was lucky enough to live. Still its a long long recovery with alot of after effects.
    An aorta dissection is cause from an aortic aneurysm. My dad had surgery on an aortic aneurysm Nov 1 of this year. At first they thought he had an aorta dissection but thankfully he didn't. The biggest cause of aortic aneurysms is smoking which can make blood pressure high. Either way, I'm glad your cousin survived.

Brittany didn't die of natural causes, that much we know from what the coroner report said. I just would like to know what ailment she had that put her in severe abdominal pain for 7-10 days. I would have been in the hospital demanding that they figure out what was wrong with me.

mike Guest
    Rip brit

simon69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nali View Post
    Posted Dec 23rd 2009 12:35AM by TMZ Staff

Brittany Murphy's home is already a stop on "Haunted Hollywood Tours."

A van for the tour company was seen driving past the house Brittany died in just yesterday -- only two days after her death.

As far as we know, Brittany's husband, Simon Monjack, still lives there.
    Is this tour company in competition with Scott????? Hmmmm???

Hoodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by james1977 View Post
    Why does anyone take this junk ? . I take nothing and I'm fine. Maybe a tylenol if I have a headache. I do 2600 Jumping Jacks a day. 65 reps of 40 Jumping Jacks.I don't miss a day. No one needs to take this crap. They don't do a damn thing for nobody. I understand if you have had surgery and need some pain meds. But after that. You don't need them. When will Americans learn that a bunch of prescription drugs will not solve their problems.? Prescription drugs are not medicine. Healing naturally is the true medicine. This is just tragic. Brittany could have lived to be 80, very easily. I just think people are spoiled and want the easy fix. Just like the fat people who don't want to lose 100 and would rather get it chopped off. I have 40 pounds to lose and am working my tail off to use it the old- fashioned way. Exercise and calorie-reduction. R.I.P. Brittany
    James, I'm curious to know how old you are. You are a very lucky man that a tylenol will do it for you. Until I was about 35, I didn't have to take much medicine at all. Now that I'm 40, I'm on 5 different prescription meds (blood pressure, proton pump inhibitor, antidepressants (2) and valium for anxiety attacks). I avoided taking medications until I was a hysterical mess and had a nervous breakdown.

I hope you always remain as healthy as you are now.

I know that prescription drugs are abused; I know a girl that I work with who is on so much medication that it is hard to believe she can even function. About 20 different kinds including narcotics, several tranks, ect. She goes to several doctors. She is totally obsessed with her pills, always counting them and talking about them. It's really bizarre. Today she told me, "I only have 4 Vicodin left and I can't refill until January 3!" She's been kicked out of pain management twice for failing drug tests. She really disgusts me. There will always be people who abuse medications, but some of us really need it to function.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    12.22.2009 brittany really loved drugs

Yesterday Brittany Murphys husband made it clear that she didn’t have an eating disorder and her mysterious death was certainly not because of any sort of drug overdose. Apparently there’s no reason in the world to think she took a shocking number of strong prescription meds. Well except for this.
    A shocking number of strong prescription meds were found on Brittany Murphy’s bedroom nightstand after her sudden Dec. 20 death, according to notes from an investigator with the Los Angeles coroner’s office.
    …the medications included Topamax (anti-seizure meds also to prevent migraines), Methylprednisolone (anti-inflammatory), Fluoxetine (depression med), Klonopin (anxiety med), Carbamazepine (treats Diabetic symptoms and is also a bipolar med), Ativan (anxiety med), Vicoprofen (pain reliever), Propranolol (hypertension, used to prevent heart attacks), Biaxin (antibiotic), Hydrocodone (pain med).
    When you’re a hard-ass brotha raised on the streets like me, you know that Topamax is used by fancy white folks for weight loss and pain, Methylprednisolone is a steroid used for weight loss, Fluoxetine is the technical name for Prozac, Klonopin is a muscle relaxant used to amplify the high of other drugs, Carbamazepine is used with alcohol for a sense of euphoria, Ativan (aka Lorazepam) is a powerful sedative and muscle relaxant, Vicoprofen is ibuprofen combined with hydrocodone, Propranolol is used for anxiety and was the subject of a 60 Minutes report about people taking it to erase the memory of traumatic events like - ahem - RAPE, and Hydrocodone is a pain killer, “considered to be morphine-like in all respects”.
    In other words, she had a mountain of drugs that coincidentally have a long and well known history of recreational abuse. Being blatantly lied to like this is a real slap in the face. And even worse slap in the face is an actual slap in the face, which is what I hope someone does to this dumb tubby fuck.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/12/brittan...y-loved-drugs/

Hippo Guest
    To Lily:

Well, I wouldn't believe anything that dumb tubby fuck said.

His history shows that he is not credible.