Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Brittany Murphy

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    huh? one report stated he was "out of town" and had to come back once told of her death...so he was there? hmmm?
    Theres the link that I found that from, forgot to link it before.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34500671...t-celebrities/

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera_3.2 View Post
    I thought she did a super job being the girl that kept hiding the chicken bones under her bed. There are so many types of heart problems that can go unchecked for years and years. It truly is sometimes a very silent killer. Carrera.

She hid the whole chicken as she was anorexic so there was rotting chickens everywhere.
    Too bad but she seemed to be on a down slide for awhile. I'll bet they find her pumped up with drugs and he was using said drugs to control her. If she had heart problems it was probably from the effects of anorexia and drug abuse. Poor woman.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by John Connor View Post
    She hid the whole chicken as she was anorexic so there was rotting chickens everywhere.
    Too bad but she seemed to be on a down slide for awhile. I'll bet they find her pumped up with drugs and he was using said drugs to control her. If she had heart problems it was probably from the effects of anorexia and drug abuse. Poor woman.
    I thought in the movie she was bulimic and a laxative junkie. She would eat some of the chickens and trade pills with other patients to get laxes. (It's my fave movie).

james1977 Guest

This Just Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Meli View Post
    Oh god, her mom found her? That's horrible and heartbreaking!
    Now I'm depressed again, beautiful actresses I like and have a crush on, drop dead. Always loved Natasha Richardson, I met her. And I was all messed up. I am a little messed up again. The Grim Reaper like I said before is an untimely S.O.B. isn't he? I always noticed Brittany was way too thin. And I loved her in Freeway, the movie was so awesome. She was a sweetie . I wish she would have ate something. Karen Carpenter died at the age of 32. Because of low chemical imbalances, the heart stops. An eating disorder over years just damages the heart. Karen Carpenter was improving and eating and she died anyway. It's a gradual process and then it's too late. The heart just stops. I suspect either an eating disorder or another prescription drug combination. Her husband looks like his drug is Pizza. Brittany was a doll and yes, I'm messed up again. It's like if someone of the opposite sex dies and you liked them,you're really affected. I know girls who liked Heath Ledger and they were all messed up after he died . It affects us more. I don't want to see any more young actresses die. I'm sick of this.

My money is on ventricular tachycardia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wow, that was some huge-open-mouthed-but-totally-straight-bromance greeting. (爆)~RaRa

OD on prescription drugs a' la' Heath Ledger.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Why am I not surprised by this? Every time I've seen her lately, she looked like one of the walking dead. Sunken eyes, acting spacey, all that shit.

My fave movie of hers was Freeway. RIP Miss Murphy.

radiojane Guest
    Local paper used the most god awful picture of her in their cover story. Made her look like the some kind of mutated fembot. I went looking to post it, but the same photo isn't on their website.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Why am I not surprised by this? Every time I've seen her lately, she looked like one of the walking dead. Sunken eyes, acting spacey, all that shit.

My fave movie of hers was Freeway. RIP Miss Murphy.
    great flick~ i have just about all of brittany's movie, i just loved her quirkyines~

her death is just so sad~

fav line i heard brit say on i believe was letterman, about She & ashton's breakup~ brit said, "for ashton age doesn't matter, & as for demi, size must not matter"

in the words of kelso...BURN!!!~

RIP brit!!!~

Mrs Tingles Guest
    RIP Miss Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    great flick~ i have just about all of brittany's movie, i just loved her quirkyines~

her death is just so sad~

fav line i heard brit say on i believe was letterman, about She & ashton's breakup~ brit said, "for ashton age doesn't matter, & as for demi, size must not matter"

RIP brit!!!~
    Hahaha! That quote is great!

Snoopy Guest
    Wow just heard this..I have to say I did not see this coming..I know she always looked like she needed a hot meal but I never heard anything about drugs or being sick. I liked her in Don't Say a Word too..she was very good. Was She in Girl Interrupted? is that the one where she played an Anorexic..if it was.. she was good in that too. So so sad and so very young..RIP Brittany.
    Last edited by Snoopy; 12-21-2009 at 05:26 AM.

Very sad and too bad. RIP Britt. I loved Uptown Girls, still one of my faves.

I think her Husband is involved somehow. Does anyone else find it odd how she was always going on and on about how in love with her Husband she was? Like she was really trying to make us believe it. I think there was some weird secret in their marriage. I'm not 100% sold that she married for love.... but you never know. Sad none the less.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Went to Wal Mart yesterday after hearing about her death and all her movies had been sort of juggled to the front. Her face was all over.

Really didn't think Wal Mart would bother. Other stores yeah.
    Maybe there is a Death Hag floating around in electronics.

SinKittyVixen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Went to Wal Mart yesterday after hearing about her death and all her movies had been sort of juggled to the front. Her face was all over.

Really didn't think Wal Mart would bother. Other stores yeah.
    Oh, Im sure there are many death hags trotting around Walmart, lmao. Me being one of em. I wouldve bought one. I have a habit of buying the newly deads movies, I did it with Heath, and Brad Renfo..haha

Hoodoo Guest
    I had a friend who died of a heart defect at 35. She never knew there was a problem. She worked at the library down the street from her house and was real reliable. When she didn't show up for work and didn't call, one of her coworkers went down to the house and her car was in the driveway. When no one answered the door or phone, she called the authorities. They found her in her bed, all tucked in as if she were still sleeping. She had just went to bed and never woke up. The cause of death turned out to be a heart defect that was undiagnosed.

While there are alot of suspicious things in this story with the prescription drugs, possible anorexia and shady husband, sometimes someone just dies naturally from some defect in their body. She may have been on a medication that caused a fatal reaction too. I wonder why it takes so long to get a toxicology report.

I was really sad to hear of her death. RIP, Brittany.

SilverAndCold Guest
    I really feel for her mother. To survive cancer, then lose your only child. She was so talented, so gifted: I hate what Hollywood does to these young people.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SinKittyVixen View Post
    Oh, Im sure there are many death hags trotting around Walmart, lmao. Me being one of em. I wouldve bought one. I have a habit of buying the newly deads movies, I did it with Heath, and Brad Renfo..haha
    I hear you
    I do it as well, but not this time. This was just really depressing to me.
    I feel for her Mom and whatever other family she has. It seems worse when it is so close to the holidays.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Wiki says her Dad is a convicted mobster. Wonder if he is in jail, outta jail or even alive. Or if that is even true.

Hoodoo Guest
    Wiki says her Dad is a convicted mobster. Wonder if he is in jail, outta jail or even alive. Or if that is even true.
    He's alive. In one of the articles about her death, there was a statement from him. He said she was an angel from the moment she was born. He said he hadn't seen her in recent years and he had been in jail because he used to be in the mob.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodoo View Post
    He's alive. In one of the articles about her death, there was a statement from him. He said she was an angel from the moment she was born. He said he hadn't seen her in recent years and he had been in jail because he used to be in the mob.
    Thanks Hoodoo.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    I'm thinking they are in a club or some sort of promotional event...that's why she's wearing a bracelet..my question regarding that first pic up above is why is a grown ass man got a lollypop? doing a little X maybe?

I am not saying this is the reason for the lollipop-but there are lollipops laced with narcotic pain killers. I think they are often used for patients who can't keep food down and reasons like that.

I'm pretty sure that's not a lollipop in those pics. It looks like it's some sort of cookie or ice cream on a stick as it appears to be covered in chocolate.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    From this link she was diabetic, had flu-like symptoms and was ill in the hours before she passed. http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...17/story.jhtml

havoc Guest
    This is sad but not shocking. Like so many have said, she's has looked bad for several months.

When I heard the initial details, the first thing I thought was OD. She "ended up in the shower", "vomit everywhere" and "A LOT of prescription bottles in that house". Sounds like an OD where people throw you in the shower and stick ice cubes up your ass.

32 is young though....

Hippo Guest
    To Hoxharding:

Simon does not look like someone who can't keep food down.

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanddodger View Post
    From this link she was diabetic, had flu-like symptoms and was ill in the hours before she passed. http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...17/story.jhtml

With women - nausea and vomiting and diarrhea can occur prior to cardiac arrest. Maybe it wasnt an OD. Maybe she had a heart condition that she did not know about. However, she was looking too skinny lately. This is just very sad.

TEXAS HAQ Guest
    One of the complications of diabetes is heart attack. We'll just have to wait and see about the Toxicolgy reports and autopsy.......Sad though....

Noreen Guest
    I alway liked Brittany. This is very sad. I really feel bad for her Mother who found her in the bathroom.

RIP Brittany

To quote a line from, Girl, Interrupted: "That is FUCKED up, Daisy!!".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

spiritwisepi Guest

Update

Family: Brittany Murphy was ill days before death

ANTHONY McCARTNEY â?¢ AP Entertainment Writer â?¢ December 21, 2009

LOS ANGELES (AP) â?? Brittany Murphy's family told Los Angeles officials the actress was ill with flu-like symptoms in the days before her death at age 32.

The 32-year-old star of films such as "Clueless" and "8 Mile" and a former Edison resident died Sunday morning after collapsing at her Hollywood Hills home.
    Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says they will conduct an autopsy Monday to try to determine what killed the actress. Winter says the reported illness could be a contributing factor to her death, but that it will be weeks before a final determination is made.
    Related

Winter says Murphy's death appears to be from natural causes.
    Winter says prescription medications were taken from Murphy's home and officials will contact her personal physician to get a better sense of her medical history.
    Funeral arrangements for Murphy have not been announced.

RaRaRamona Guest

RIP brit!!!~
    I remember that! lol It was hilarious.

Haha cool

rjbrasher Guest
    Is it possible she was vomiting so much and hard she just chocked on it, and went into cardiac arrest?

Pretty girl, sad. Hollyweird isn't for people with low self esteem!

Hope the flu wasn't H1N1

OK, in December 2007 I caught a tummy bug. I was vomiting, diarrhea, could keep nothing down, not even water. I was also breastfeeding my older son. As I found out later, the combination of everything my body was putting out without taking anything in sent my magnesium, calcium, and potassium levels to near zero.

So I had my mom go to the store for me because we needed food and I didn't feel like going. For several weeks prior to this, my hands had been tingling and stiff off and on. I laid down to take a nap and when I woke up, my hands were clenched into fists and I couldn't open them. Mom got home and my speech started slurring when I was telling her what was wrong. She thought I was having a stroke. 911 was called and they took me away with lights and siren. I thought I was going to die. Very scary. All this time, my body was drawing up into a fetal position, too. I was freaked out.

The point of this story is this: the hospital told me that when your magnesium and potassium levels drop that low, you can go into cardiac arrest. That's why they carted me outta there with lights and siren. I also spent the entire time I was in the hospital getting IV and oral supplements on the cardiac floor, in case I did crash. The tingling in my hands meant my levels had been low anyway, the stomach flu put them way too low.

If Brittany had been vomiting, etc, the same thing might have happened to her, only no one found her in time to get her to the hospital.
    Last edited by wildcatgrrl; 12-21-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Jemmy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Hope the flu wasn't H1N1

Thats what I thought and they do say that people with long term illnesses are more likely to die from it. Seeing as she had diabetes I think this seems possible. This is just so sad.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    We are SO everywhere...

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    He could be a nice guy, just doesn't fit into the Hollywood stereotype and now that he's made it (sort of), exes are coming out of the woods because they want to cash in. We've all seen it happen way too many times, in the gossip mags and in real life.

Problem is, he reminds me so much of a friend's boyfriend, it's eerie. This guy will mooch of anyone, prey on them and he knows just which card to play and when.

Point being, I've been wondering about the same thing, how the hell did he manage to get her. If he's anything like the guy I just mentioned, they're very good at manipulating people. They get to you (or try to) when you're down or they think you're down, they take a fact and twist it around, trying to make you feel like you have no one, then they will come in as the only person that's there for you. First they butter you up and help you, then they (try and) slam you and then, finally they try to act all nice again. Once they have you isolated, they can do what they want with you.

It's so easy to fall into that trap and unless you're very well grounded and absolutely secure, I don't think you stand a chance.

I loved her as an actress, she was amazing, in Girl Interrupted and Don't Say A Word (the only Michael Douglas movie I can watch without laughing and it was all because of her). That news came as a total shock to me.

Tonights Guest
    Heart problems of this type are in no way "natural causes" when you're 32. -_-;

Im almost crying! I may renounce my death hag ways. This shit is just gettig to depressing.
    A lovely girl.
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

MissJames Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonights View Post
    they can be..... I'm 30 and have an enlarged heart with severe palpitations.... I run the risk of heart failure at any moment especially when I'm sick or under stress... even having sex is scary sometimes for me... I don't do drugs, drink or have an ED...just the card that I was dealt

Hopefully the coroner will have the autopsy results soon... tox results take way too long but at least we'll get some idea of what happened to her.

punklove Guest
    Actress Brittany Murphy was reportedly experiencing and taking prescription medication for flu-like symptoms for several days before her tragic death.Prescriptions were found in her home not only for her but also for husband Simon Monjack and her mother. An insider reveals, "There were a lotâ?¦a lot of prescription drugs in the house."Brittany began vomiting early Sunday morning and after collapsing in the bathroom she ended up in the shower surrounded by mass amounts of vomit.

The police did not find any illegal drugs in her home, but numerous prescription meds which may have caused her to go into cardiac arrest.
    We will know more after the autopsy which IS being performed on Monday or Tuesday, despite her husband's request for no autopsy.Brittany was also living with type 2 diabetes, but it is not believed that the illness caused her death.

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    OK, in December 2007 I caught a tummy bug. I was vomiting, diarrhea, could keep nothing down, not even water. I was also breastfeeding my older son. As I found out later, the combination of everything my body was putting out without taking anything in sent my magnesium, calcium, and potassium levels to near zero.

So I had my mom go to the store for me because we needed food and I didn't feel like going. For several weeks prior to this, my hands had been tingling and stiff off and on. I laid down to take a nap and when I woke up, my hands were clenched into fists and I couldn't open them. Mom got home and my speech started slurring when I was telling her what was wrong. She thought I was having a stroke. 911 was called and they took me away with lights and siren. I thought I was going to die. Very scary. All this time, my body was drawing up into a fetal position, too. I was freaked out.

The point of this story is this: the hospital told me that when your magnesium and potassium levels drop that low, you can go into cardiac arrest. That's why they carted me outta there with lights and siren. I also spent the entire time I was in the hospital getting IV and oral supplements on the cardiac floor, in case I did crash. The tingling in my hands meant my levels had been low anyway, the stomach flu put them way too low.

If Brittany had been vomiting, etc, the same thing might have happened to her, only no one found her in time to get her to the hospital.

This sounds likely, or h1n1.. with her past history it could turn fatal quickly....

Snudgie Guest
    So very sad....a young talented beautiful woman....RIP...xx

Was floored when Scott beeped me about this. I think diabetes could be a big concern. I always noticed Britney's weight was very variable. Girl Interrupted size to Sin City size to Clueless size to that movie with Dakota Fanning (which may I add she looked so sickly and thin in that movie. If there was a point where I thought she was on drugs/eating disorder it was during this time).

Whether it ends up being untreated diabetes, drug overdose, or eating disorder related it all ties into the stress on her heart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

punklove Guest

They can be, I think it seems as if its not possible because of the term 'natural' and how it seems it would be at the end of the long life when it really just means death by a naturally occurring disease process so you can die of natural causes at any age.

GrinReaper Guest
    Guess Grim Reaper wanted to get at least one more celeb death this year.

Reecy Guest
    I haven't read the whole thread but I find it strange that Monchak (Husband) doesn't want her to be autopsied. WHY?

I thought she looked good when she was going out with Ashton. She seemed so happy then.

Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    You like howard stern?? I may just looooove you!

Im a long time howard fan and I never seem to find other people that like him!
    Hey now! I LOVE Howard, I started to listen to him when I moved to L.A. and then moved with him to Sirius. I'm a huge Artie fan as well... I actually popped on to the Stern message board to find out what was up with Artie and why he's out again...I really hope we don't end up seeing him on this site soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    I like that picture, she looks great, very childlike but burdened, if that makes sense. She looks beautiful though.

RIP brit!!!~
    LMAO that is great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanddodger View Post
    Aside from the diabetes thing it sounds like what happened to Ken Ober too.
    I know others have said this, but it IS possible. I am 35 and I have asymetrical septal hypertrophy. I could go of natural causes at any minute.

Anyway, I had been a fan of Brittany's since Clueless... I thought she stood out in that movie more than Alicia Silverstone. I liked several of the things she had done since as well. It was sad to see her when she would seem so out of it and loopy sometimes.