Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sid Vicious

leeny994 Guest
    I think had one or both lived and gotten clean things would have been much different. Nancy may have wound up in and out of institutions and god only knows with sid. I think his sp days were over regardless

KarmaKat Guest
    [quote=leeny994;433204]according to some genius 15 year old tourists (I am in NYC) I walked past yesterday--they were in complete Hot Topic head to toe---they saw the Pistols live the other night---apparently Sid was there too....
    he performed and was 'the best they have ever seen him'
    I wonder where this alleged "show" was and how one purchases tickets....

Wow how many drugs were they on. Pistols (minus Sid obviously lol) are touring again (England and Europe Mainly if my memory serves me right). Either they had no idea about Sids story (posser wanna be) or he was tripping on some great stash lol.

leeny994 Guest
    My guess is they were nowhere near a sp show and did no research before telling their tale. They probably thought since they purchased their punk fashions it made them all knowing lol

Dylgem22 Guest
    I don't know if anyone here gets the channel FUSE .. I get it on my satellite, but the movie "Sid and Nancy" is on now ..

LaynesGirl Guest
    I just watched a documentary on E yesterday about Celebrity murders..

Sid and Nancy were like #8... Strange what happened, usually heroin puts a person in a state of non-mobility, and stuns the nervous system to where usually people don't move. Usually people do not become manic and violently murder people while on heroin but...shit crazier things have happened.

There were a lot of people that hated Nancy and wanted her out of the picture because she f'ed up the band, but I'm not saying Sid wasn't capable of doing it. He probably did, I'm just saying that there is room for another explaination of what happened.

I.E. Sid passed out and someone comes in, struggles with Nancy and kills her, Sid wakes up and she's dead. It is possible but no one really knows.

LaynesGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i have read that also, i don't think it's true tho~ sid & nancy led a very drugged out sad life, i have read alot on them & love the movie~ i will have to look for repeats for the show you mentioned, sounds interesting~
    No it is true! His mother gave him the drugs that finally killed him. She has admitted this. Of course she is dead now but just before she died she admitted it. I just watched the documentary about it yesterday.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    Really? I don't believe that at all. I don't believe they ever COULD'VE lived, but let's say for the sake of argument they could've, one of the biggest problems was Nancy's mental illness - she was a diagnosed schizophrenic, but that wasn't disclosed until after her death. I don't think it would've ended differently if they were 20 or 40. They were both addicts, Sid wasn't very bright, and Nancy had a mental illness. It would've happened eventually. And it would be with them together, because nobody else would want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    Seems like you can help folks who are a little bit off track if they will accept help but when you are talking about helping a bobsled to hell like Nancy then all you can do is let them hit rock bottom. For Nancy that was death. I doubt she wanted help. She bought into the punk/heroin/deadend theme. Throw in bi-polar or some other illness and even young people find they are not immortal. Prison would have been the only thing that would have saved Nancy.

I believe that Sid did love Nancy , and it was definitely not returned in the same way on her part. I don't believe she was capable in any way shape or form of that kind of love with anyone or anything. FAR beyond the mental illness and the drug abuse, if you had ever had the misfortune of meeting her and having any dealings with her as I had in high school, you would KNOW beyond a doubt that she literally had no emotion, no soul. When she spoke to you (or I should say through you)and you looked at her, it was as if you were looking into the great black abyss. You know how they say the eyes are the window to the soul ??? I'm telling you....she had NONE. I shuddered the few times I had brief run ins with her - and her poor family - what hell they went through.

LaynesGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    was this before or after he started appearing in your toast?
    roflmfao:d

LaynesGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I believe that Sid did love Nancy , and it was definitely not returned in the same way on her part. I don't believe she was capable in any way shape or form of that kind of love with anyone or anything. FAR beyond the mental illness and the drug abuse, if you had ever had the misfortune of meeting her and having any dealings with her as I had in high school, you would KNOW beyond a doubt that she literally had no emotion, no soul. When she spoke to you (or I should say through you)and you looked at her, it was as if you were looking into the great black abyss. You know how they say the eyes are the window to the soul ??? I'm telling you....she had NONE. I shuddered the few times I had brief run ins with her - and her poor family - what hell they went through.
    So you are saying that you knew her and went to grade school with her?????

LaynesGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    okay, enough already. let me give you the facts....Sid was bailed out from Rikers Island for assaulting Todd Smith (brother of punk rocker/poet/icon Patti Smith) in a nightclub in NYC in late '78. while Sid was locked up, he was forced to go cold turkey from heroin. it's rumored that Mick Jagger put up the money for Sid's bail, but is highly unlikely. upon his release, Sid's mom Beverly Ritchie had a welcome home party for Sid at her apt in New York. among the attendees were Jerry Only and Bobby Steel of The Misfits, and Sid's new girlfriend who's name escapes me right now. Beverly also scored some heroin for Sid. when he got the packet of junk from his mom, he injected a pretty good amount, and due to his not having any in months while he was locked up...he OD's on the spot. he was revived and ate a spaghetti dinner with his mom and friends/hanger on's. later Sid nodded out, common among junkies, and was put in his bedroom on the bed by his mom and girlfriend. Beverly, scared that Sid may OD again, put the heroin in her back pocket for safe keeping. later on in the night Sid awoke, and took the heroin from her pocket as she slept on the couch. Sid went into his room and shot the rest up...and OD'd again. he was found the next morning naked on the bed...dead. he was awaiting trial for Nancy's murder at the time of his death. Sid wanted to be buried next to Nancy, but her family refused to give up any information on her final resting place. which is in a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia, her home town. Sid's ashes were NEVER scattered over her grave. Sid NEVER had a sister (he was an only child). and Sid's mom NEVER injected the fatal dose of heroin into her son's arm. being not only a punk rock fan, but also a music historian, you can rest assured that these ARE the facts. I have read some 10-15 books on Sid's life and death. as well as Deborah Spungen's (Nancy's mom) book And I Don't Want To Live This Life Anymore. the facts are in these books, and in the interviews that were conducted while Sid's mom was still alive. room 100 of the Chelsea was taken out, and made into a larger version of the lobby for the hotel. maybe due to the sick fascination of people like myself? who knows. there was a rumor that Sid's urn was dropped in JFK airport by his mom, and his ashes blown across the place (Beverly never confirmed or denied this). if this is true, it's a fitting end to a fucked up life. those are the facts people. don't believe all the urban legends that people made up about Sid and Nancy. truth be told, they were human...just like you and I. let's not glorify the tragedy by making it out to be something it's not.
    Really? Because I just watched a documentary on them and it was stated/shown that Sid went to jail after Nancy was found dead, this forced him to go cold turkey while in jail. When he got out, not too long later he was given heroin by his mother and died lying in bed.
    When the hell did he have time to get another girlfriend? He was SO depressed by Nancy's death too. So... not sure if you are correct.

leeny994 Guest
    Sid did have another girlfriend almost immediately after Nancy---i would not say girlfriend as much as I would say f-friend or drug buddy who happened to be a female and happened to share his bed. But he and everyone else referred to her as his girlfriend.

now remember in the middle of all of the sid and nancy murder stuff he was released on bail and then assaulted Patti Smiths brother at the Mudd Club and was arrested for that--, serving fifty some odd days released, spent some more time at Bellevue somewhere in the middle of this (but i think the bellevue time was as an inmate so it is within the 55 days--all still waiting for trial on nancy's murder--released and then died .

here is a tid bit of info:
    Forensic experts subsequently found the heroin was 80 percent pure, as opposed to the 5 percent that was normal for the time and in that area, and because he had not been using since October his tolerance was greatly lowered. On HBO's Autopsy: Post Mortem, Dr. Baden claims Vicious' lungs were filled with fluid and water, which is common for someone who has overdosed on heroin. Ultimately, Vicious drowned in his own fluids.

i have heard the rumor that sid's mom and some friends scaled the grave yard walls and scattered Sid's ashes on Nancy's grave---against the wishes of the Spungeons. But who knows what was true concerning that. Sid's mom was a drug addict and I am almost sure not completely familiar with the truth.

but somehow--someway sid found himself a lady to latch onto.

I saw an interview with Sid on Michael Badden's, "Autopsy". He was seeing a girl named Michelle when he died. He loved his Nancy, this Michelle chick was just a warm body, if you will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

LaynesGirl Guest
    Nancy totally looks like Courtney Love, or vice versa... especially before Courtney had all the crazy plastic surgery done to her face. They look very similar.

Courtney:

Nancy:

See what I mean?

leeny994 Guest
    Michelle--- i can't remember her last name though. but yes that was/is her first name

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LaynesGirl View Post
    We went to different private schools in the Philadelphia area. I did not know her well, but had a couple run ins with her. The school that she went to (The Devereaux School) was for very troubled adolescents......not a savory bunch. I will try to locate the old thread wher I talked about the couple of incidents that I had with her. Now here is a strange little Death Hag tidbit.......Grace Kelly was an alumna of my school.....so I guess in some kinda bizarre way that puts a couple of degrees of seperation between me, Grace and Nancy !!!!! ROFLMAO !!!!!! (Only from the perspective of a true Death Hag !!!)
    Last edited by Jazbabee; 09-21-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LaynesGirl View Post
    Here is a copy and paste from earlier in the thread. Endsleigh had cited it from another thread that I spoke about Nancy on. This stuff with Nancy wasn't in grade school.....I was in 10th grade, and I believe she was probably a Senior. She was one of the most maladjusted, nastiest people I have EVER encountered, and we all tried to stay the hell away from her.....even her own fellow students seemed intimidated, except for maybe the few druggies/flunkies in her circle.....makes me cringe to even think about it to this day......I have never met anyone like her, and hope I never do again !!!!

I always wondered why Debbie Spungeon referred to it as Darlington. Was it legal reasons?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by endsleigh03
    11-04-2007, 01:28 PM
    Jazbabee
    Death Hag

The credit for this goes to Jazbabee! Thank you!

I do have on personal experience with her that really stands out. I went to a private prep school. Nancy attended The Devereaux School, which was a private boarding school for emotionally disturbed adolescents. Most of the area prep schools reluctantly played Dvereaux in sports, because there tended to be a high rate of incidents with their students (antisocial, quick to fight, drug using - they were truly scary) So I knew her from seeing her around. She was on the softball team, or hung with them at one point. She focused in on a member of our team, ended up fighting with her during all of our games. During one game, she walked up to the member of our team and punched her squarely in the face, breaking our team members nose. In retaliation, our team member, ran and got an aluminum baseball bat, ran up behind Nancy, tapped her on the shoulder and cracked her over the head with the bat - Nancy immediately wennt down, everyone was pulled apart and taken for medical help. I know that Nancy was not expelled for the incident, because she went on to graduate from that school. Our team member however, was expelled, that type of behavior was totally unacceptable (and we were all in shock when it happened), and not tolerated under ANY circumstance. I had a couple other incidents/run ins with Nancy, but that was the one that stands out in my mind the most. Whenever I saw her anywhere, I tried my best to steer clear - she was TROUBLE of the worst kind, very disturbed individual.

KarmaKat Guest
    Nancy was just a nasty piece of work.
    Sid deserved better than her imo.

leeny994 Guest
    I dealt with deveraux a few years ago. In my social work days. To give an example of the pop they dealt with my client was encopretic and possible schizophrenia. I was pleased with their program. It was the campus nancy attended I believe

tngirl1967 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by star82 View Post
    I read Nancy's mom's book. Holy shit. Nancy was a holy terror. I can't imagine how her family dealt with her.

I love the line in "Sid & Nancy", "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I look like Steve Nicks in hippie clothes!"
    I finally got around to reading "And I Don't Want to Live this Life" this weekend. I inadvertently found it at the library, and had no idea it was the anniversary of her death Sunday. I found myself reading and coming across the date in the book and realizing it WAS the date of her death and had one of those heebie jeebie moments.

Mucho heebie jeebies. But I agree...holy shit, she was something else. Her family put up with a LOT.

leeny994 Guest
    I just ordered it from abebooks--i really have put off reading this but i do want to...

tngirl1967 Guest
    It is a good read...just a very, very sad story. There's no way I would have put up with the crap her parents put up with out of her. She was pure hell on wheels from the get-go.

Pamebabby Guest
    Just reading the posts on this, and I noticed the Bi-Polar issue came up regarding Nancy. I have been Bi-Polar all my life, and only sought treatment for it about 2 years ago. Why? I guess I didn't want to be labeled with a "mental illness." I knew something wasn't right, and just thought that's the way I am. Now, to actually having diagnosed, I understand my actions better. Nancy definately could have been Bi-Polar, however I'm leaning towards something in the ego being her problem. Bi-Polar doesn't make you self destructive, as far as I know, and it never made me violent. It affected my thought process. I started down the path of being a junkie, and still have issues with oxycodone, but for the most part I cleaned up and got a degree in nursing. What I'm trying to get across is, I know everyone is different and an illness can affect people differently, but IMO Nancy did a lot of things because she wanted to, not because she was sick. It's obvious she was, but I also think as much was done for her as possible by her family, she made the choice to turn out the way she did. I know it sounds fishy I went into nursing, but I didn't have an addiction then. I don't anymore, but an addiction is never cured, you just learn to control it instead of it controlling you. I never got any pills from my job, but a family member who is still willing to share, that's why I refer to it as a problem in the present tense, not past.
    Last edited by Pamebabby; 10-15-2008 at 09:19 AM. Reason: forgot something

KarmaKat Guest
    Everyone tried to help Nancy but she didnt want to listen.
    She was quite happy being who she was. Sometimes you just gotta think well she made bed and now she has to lie in it.
    It was just such a shame she took Sid down with her.

RIP Sid

leeny994 Guest
    I agree that at some point nancy made a decision to continue the behaviors rather than accept the help that was provided for her. I have not read her mom's book yet but I am curious if she was sexually abused at some point. Or some other traumatic experience even her family was not aware of.

tngirl1967 Guest
    This is just my opinion, so please don't bash me for it, but I had a hard time with parts of her mother's explanations as to why they couldn't control her. She got away with a lot, an awful lot, without consequences. Especially as a young teen. What 14 year old gets away with that kind of stuff? Parts of the book made me think she was sent away because they didn't WANT to deal with her, not because they couldn't. For the first half of the book I was really tired of hearing her mother whine about having a screaming child and she couldn't handle it. But the second half was genuinely focused on her rebellion. What I didn't understand however was how as a minor she could live alone, move through school that quickly and get into college, etc. if she was impaired. And her mother's repeated concerns that her behavior was affecting her siblings- well, I think if I was that worried, I wouldn't have allowed her and her shacking-up sessions with boyfriends to happen right under my other kid's noses.
    I got the impression that Nancy behaved that way oftentimes because she could.
    Last edited by tngirl1967; 10-17-2008 at 08:33 PM.

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tngirl1967 View Post
    that is true. my book has not arrived yet so i have not read it lol

i think it is hard---it was a different time so--much of the help and knowledge was not readily available....

i see what you are saying... maybe mom should have pushed for more help.....

she was at Devereaux and I know they are a good place... i mentioned them in another post on this thread...it is so hard to say.... that is why i go back to my theory of a missing link----maybe there was some trauma we do not know about...

tngirl1967 Guest
    It bothered me that Sid, during a visit she documents in the book, seemed like a genuinely good kid--addict maybe, effed up in the head yes, but a well-behaved respectful guy while he was in their house. Shame, what a shame, she took him down with her. The book really is a great read. Let me know what you think about it!!!!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    This is just my opinion, so please don't bash me for it, but I had a hard time with parts of her mother's explanations as to why they couldn't control her. She got away with a lot, an awful lot, without consequences. Especially as a young teen. What 14 year old gets away with that kind of stuff? Parts of the book made me think she was sent away because they didn't WANT to deal with her, not because they couldn't. For the first half of the book I was really tired of hearing her mother whine about having a screaming child and she couldn't handle it. But the second half was genuinely focused on her rebellion. What I didn't understand however was how as a minor she could live alone, move through school that quickly and get into college, etc. if she was impaired. And her mother's repeated concerns that her behavior was affecting her siblings- well, I think if I was that worried, I wouldn't have allowed her and her shacking-up sessions with boyfriends to happen right under my other kid's noses.
    TNgirl, I adore you right about now. I said as much way back in this thread and was jumped a bit for it.
    Glad someone else thinks that theory has some merit.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    I agree that at some point nancy made a decision to continue the behaviors rather than accept the help that was provided for her. I have not read her mom's book yet but I am curious if she was sexually abused at some point. Or some other traumatic experience even her family was not aware of.
    I have wondered about that alot.

tngirl1967 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    TNgirl, I adore you right about now. I said as much way back in this thread and was jumped a bit for it.
    Glad someone else thinks that theory has some merit.
    Sorry, I didn't see where anyone else had expressed the opinion, and I'm sorry you took flack for your opinion--I think we are all entitled! That's what makes this place fun is getting other people's takes on things, or at least I like it. It makes me think another way, go hmmmmm.......

I just thought it rather funny they certainly put restrictions on their other two children--and they had consequences if they did wrong--while Nancy didn't get anything but their hands thrown in the air and exasperation. Reading the book I could almost see them turning their heads the other way and sighing. My mother would have killed me before she let me act like that! It just seemed she had no limits set. JMO.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I just finished re-reading "And I don't want to live this life" by Nancy's mom. I read it the first time as soon as the book came out years ago.
    I found when I read it this time, as an adult and a parent myself, that............. an AWFUL lot in that book gets blamed on Nancy. About halfway thru the book, I was getting annoyed with it. The blame, I mean.
    After a while it seemed like it was "Oh, the sun came up and it was Nancy's fault, thats why our lives are ruined" "Oh, the yard service people were late, it's Nancy's fault, our lives are ruined" "The new toaster burned the toast, it's Nancy's fault, she's whats ruining our lives"

I am being silly of course, thats not exactly what was written, but still....
    There were an awful lot of instances where they just let her have her way to keep her quiet, and when they did that, they broke a serious rule of parenting. And the more they did it, the more she learned to get crazier every time to get her way. Kids are a quick study.
    Before anyone jumps my azz here, believe me when I say I know the crazy shite the girl did, alot of it was deathly serious, and I also do know that her family lived thru hell. I am not putting down what happened to them in any way. She did seem to be mentally ill.
    I think what I am trying to say here, is that I read this book with a new perspective about her early years......
    This was the post.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Sorry, I didn't see where anyone else had expressed the opinion, and I'm sorry you took flack for your opinion--I think we are all entitled! That's what makes this place fun is getting other people's takes on things, or at least I like it. It makes me think another way, go hmmmmm.......

I just thought it rather funny they certainly put restrictions on their other two children--and they had consequences if they did wrong--while Nancy didn't get anything but their hands thrown in the air and exasperation. Reading the book I could almost see them turning their heads the other way and sighing. My mother would have killed me before she let me act like that! It just seemed she had no limits set. JMO.
    I think they had one uncontrollable kid on their hands (unlike the other two siblings) and didn't know what to do with her. I know she was mentally ill, but I agree the Mom does an awful lot of whining in the book. Some of the things that are written in the book seem awfully self serving. Almost like she was determined to get it out that none of it could possibly have been ANY of her/their fault.
    Nancy was really smart, I think, and learned to run them very early. Then went out in the world and kept trying it. Aggressive that one.

tngirl1967 Guest
    Nancy was really smart, I think, and learned to run them very early. Then went out in the world and kept trying it. Aggressive that one.
    What caught my attention was the chapter where her mom starts talking about how Nancy liked the "acid rock"--at ten. WTF?? Naming your cat Aquarius at age six or seven because they let her watch "Hair" repeatedly because it occupied her? Then they wonder why she got into drugs! I just revisited that chapter in the book (I'm turning it back in to the library tomorrow) to recheck myself and make sure I didn't read it wrong. I could be--and probably am wrong, but it sure sounded like they threw money at a problem that a good smack on the butt might have solved. Protesting on the lawn at age ten because she purchased Saran wrap! Gimme a break! Their asses would have been back in the house!

endsleigh03 Guest
    What caught my attention was the chapter where her mom starts talking about how Nancy liked the "acid rock"--at ten. WTF?? Naming your cat Aquarius at age six or seven because they let her watch "Hair" repeatedly because it occupied her? Then they wonder why she got into drugs! I just revisited that chapter in the book (I'm turning it back in to the library tomorrow) to recheck myself and make sure I didn't read it wrong. I could be--and probably am wrong, but it sure sounded like they threw money at a problem that a good smack on the butt might have solved. Protesting on the lawn at age ten because she purchased Saran wrap! Gimme a break! Their asses would have been back in the house!
    Where is Supernanny when you need her?

hotmama Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    I saw that, and part of that theory was that he'd been raped in jail and she wanted to put him "out of his misery." Excellent show, regardless of the subject!
    i doubt that. sid would have been in protective custody. one cell all alone 23 hour lock down.

Seagorath Guest
    I love the story about Sid and the Pistols when they visited Texas and were eating at a diner. A bunch of rednecks started harassing them about "not being tough" and Sid slit open his hand and let the blood drip onto his scrambled eggs. In the rednecks' horror, he then ATE THE EGGS!

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmama View Post
    i doubt that. sid would have been in protective custody. one cell all alone 23 hour lock down.

plus he also spent a lot of time in the infirmary and was detoxing so I highly doubt that anything like rape happened to Sid at Rikers.

leeny994 Guest
    http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/51394/

i just read this... interesting

endsleigh03 Guest
    Good article and a bit of a different angle.

KarmaKat Guest
    Thanks for the link Lenny.
    Its nice to know that there are alot of people out there still who think Sid was innocent.
    Has there ever been a poll on FAD on this? It would be interesting to see what all us death hags think.

leeny994 Guest
    Legs mcneill is very blunt and truthful. I see his side. I see what he is getting at. And yes I could see nancy screaming at sid to stab her. He was that much under her. 'Spell'

Quote Originally Posted by leeny994 View Post
    Legs mcneill is very blunt and truthful. I see his side. I see what he is getting at. And yes I could see nancy screaming at sid to stab her. He was that much under her. 'Spell'
    After reading this particular article, all the parallels between Nancy and Courtney Love just seem even stronger to me--bright, perceptive (Courtney can be incredibly sharp and insightful--I remember some of her rantings back in the '90s on the evils of the music business, and seeing so many people basically restating the same thing less than 10 years later-- being an outcast among outcasts, gaining a lot of their identity through the men they sleep with, foolishly self-destructive....the parallels just go on & on.

Didn't know about the blood transfusion theory re: Nancy, but Courtney definitely had a troubled childhood--rumor has it that her dad dosed her with LSD as a baby/toddler, for starters. She claimed at one point that her conception was the result of what amounted to a date rape, and that her mother never wanted her to begin with; what makes me think there might be some truth to that was an article--again, from the early '90s--that described her mother's home/office--I'm not sure which--as being filled with photos of all her children and stepchildren except for Courtney. Also, even if your kid is being kind of bratty, what kind of mother--and a psychologist at that--would, on hearing that her 12-year-old daughter had been busted for shoplifting at Woolworth's, basically tell the cops to go ahead and throw her in juvie? Like that's gonna make her any better when she comes out? *sheesh!* Courtney's certainly no angel, and God knows she's stirred plenty of crap up in her time, but if she really was dosed up w/hardcore psychoactive drugs without having the mental & emotional resources to cope with it, and/or raised by a cold, resentful mother to boot, it sure as hell wouldn't have done her psyche any good over the years. All things considered, it's damn near a miracle that Courtney's still alive, and an even bigger one that Frances Bean seems to be a pretty good kid with her head screwed on straight--as much of a mess as Courtney can be, I do believe she loves her daughter very much, and Frances knows that she's loved...it doesn't make all the difference, but it sure as hell doesn't hurt.

(FWIW, I met Courtney a few times during the early '90s, and while she could definitely be abrasive, she was always very sweet to me, with a very dry sense of humor to boot. And, as I've said before, I honestly don't think she had Kurt killed--I don't doubt their marriage was troubled, and there are certainly questions about some of what went on around the time of his death, although my suspicion is that his dealer or some other junkie was the one to steal & use his bank card; God knows junkies have no sense of honor and wouldn't hesitate to rob a corpse if they needed a fix--her grief seemed very genuine to me, and I do think she loved him as much as she's capable of loving anyone. She's a decent actress, but she's not THAT good to be able to fake that degree of grief...)

leeny994 Guest
    I think the whole sid and nancy thing could go round and round forever.... i think what has made them so fascinating is the little hint of doubt--that maybe, just maybe sid did not do it.. that nancy herself did it---that someone else may have---just that little hint of "maybe......"

cherryghost Guest

Wink

I think the Sid and Nancy thing could be put together and resolved if was desirable and the right people came out and were honest! Somehow I dont think it was advantagious to put the record straight!
    Myth and ledgend now rule! The facts are out there!

I saw on the latest Autopsy special a call-in show where the caller got on Nancy, basically calling her stupid, and she replied that her IQ was *high, I forgot the number*, and that she graduated high school at 15 (for the caller's fucking information). Any truth at all to this, does anyone know?

leeny994 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    I think the Sid and Nancy thing could be put together and resolved if was desirable and the right people came out and were honest! Somehow I dont think it was advantagious to put the record straight!
    Myth and ledgend now rule! The facts are out there!
    Yup. The nypd has a cold case unit that has done some real great work. This does not seem to be on the agenda. The spungeons are not pushing either. They could.

KarmaKat Guest
    This is one of the great music mysteries, which in a way has kept Punk alive through the decades. This story has turned many young fans onto Punk music / lifestyle who were not around when this took place (myself included).
    Nancy finally got what she wanted, "To be Famous and Remembered". As I have said earlier it was just a shame she took Sid down with her.

stacebabe Guest
    I think Sid is innocent only in the sense that Nancy manipulated him to do what he did. I do not think he just stabbed her for the hell of it, I think she used him as her tool for suicide. There's not much evidence to the contrary, and even Sid wrote a letter saying he didn't keep his part of the bargain, which is very much in line of a mutual suicide pact.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Thanks for the link Lenny.
    Its nice to know that there are alot of people out there still who think Sid was innocent.
    Has there ever been a poll on FAD on this? It would be interesting to see what all us death hags think.

KarmaKat Guest
    You can almot here her willing him to stab her.
    As much as I dont like Nancy it would have been a horrible way to go. Painful and lonely.
    I wonder if she ever found peace in the end?

RubySlippers Guest
    how sad. they were toxic for each other but toxic to be apart.