Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Sid Vicious

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    I do remember Johnny doing that on his TV show. and I remember thinking it was in bad taste...but then again, most everything Johnny does is in bad taste.
    It was a great scene for Rotten TV and completely in the nature of Johnny Rotten to destroy Sid's stuff but man, what a waste.
    I was sorry to see Sid's stuff destroyed but I thought it was perfectly in line with Johnny to do that and I have to say, the whole scene was pretty good television.
    I never would have seen Sid's shirt and pants and boots along with the note if Rotten never did that in the first place.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    It was a great scene for Rotten TV and completely in the nature of Johnny Rotten to destroy Sid's stuff but man, what a waste.
    I was sorry to see Sid's stuff destroyed but I thought it was perfectly in line with Johnny to do that and I have to say, the whole scene was pretty good television.
    I never would have seen Sid's shirt and pants and boots along with the note if Rotten never did that in the first place.
    that's true. it WAS good tv. but I just think Johnny HAS to be as shocking as possible to make up for his lack of talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEXGXw5VJM

Here is a clip from the heroin interview.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ad nauseam View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raEXGXw5VJM

Here is a clip from the heroin interview.
    i'm sorry...but she was ANNOYING!!!

i'm sorry...but she was ANNOYING!!!
    Good clip - thanks! I like her fake English accent with the New Yawker accent thrown in the mix -

Daphne Guest
    LOL I agree Aries-Joisey and Brit accent, annoying yet hysterical~

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Good clip - thanks! I like her fake English accent with the New Yawker accent thrown in the mix -
    yeah, a REAL winner she was.

leevancleef Guest
    Wasnt she only 20 when she died?! She was a total mess.

Daphne Guest
    on that utube vid mentioned earlier, there is another clip that showed up in the same category on the sidebar, sid vicious DOA or something that shows the same footage, but is longer and shows just how freakin messed up Sid was during that airing, he like fell asleep, slurred, spilled, got shit thrown at him.. blah!

Katie Guest
    I have done all I could to understand these two, and I don't get it, except that they were two drug addicts.

Daphne Guest
    yup katie, I agree- I think the movie Sid and Nancye just put it into perspective for me.

They were extremely sick and demented based on drug use. The sad part is, they were really children.

stacebabe Guest

Ooohh!!

Great Find!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i found this site yesterday, i had never seen it before when searching for nancy~ it is great for anyone interested in nancy~ it has tons of pics i have never seen before, mostly all w/ sid~

http://nancys.110mb.com/nancy.htm

Katie Guest
    Does anyone know how long they were together?

Darrianne Guest
    I know this has probably been said - but her and Courtney sure look alike in some poses/photos. Also, in the few interview clips I have seen with her - she did most of the talking, seemed overbearing and very annoying. Think that was the drugs or was that just the kind of person she was? Gosh, they were so young..,,

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Does anyone know how long they were together?
    2-3 years, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrianne View Post
    I know this has probably been said - but her and Courtney sure look alike in some poses/photos. Also, in the few interview clips I have seen with her - she did most of the talking, seemed overbearing and very annoying. Think that was the drugs or was that just the kind of person she was? Gosh, they were so young..,,
    According to Debbie Spungen (Nancy's mom), she was ALWAYS like that. She ruled the family.

endsleigh03 Guest
    How cool would it be to own that lock and chain? I'd love to own anything Sid had.
    Remember John Lydon's tv show in the '90's "Rotten TV"? Well Johnny had punk clothes from the '70's on a mannequin and he said they were "Sidney's clothes" and he put a note Sid wrote once (Lydon said it was an original) and he put the note on the mannequin and put the mannequin in an open field and then he got in a tank and fired a round at the mannequin completely destroying everything.
    Lydon/Rotten looked into the camera in that classic Rotten sneer and says "Poor Sidney".
    Yeah that why that little shit was crying in that documentary when discussing Sid and how he didn't help him as much as he could have, right? He's always gotta keep the posing up.

Mamma Guest
    Ah yes, I was reading this thread a few nights ago, and couldn't get enough of the Sid & Nancy videos.

There's another lengthier video, where Nancy takes off that rubber top she's wearing. Dear Lord ... the sweat this chic had beneath that rubber top, all over the inside-out part, just looked God awful. Ugh.

Sorry to sound so crude, but from what I've read (not what I know) that heroin junkie sweat is absolutely horrendous.

Oh ... and cawfee, Sid, you want me to make you a cup of cawfee ??? That's a Philly accent, yes?

And yes, two addicts who just didn't live long enough . My wish would be for Sid and Nancy to have lived, and laughing their asses off at "the internets" that STILL make them famous.

I pray for my children every day. The lure of drugs scares the absolute HELL outta me.

~Mamma

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    Ah yes, I was reading this thread a few nights ago, and couldn't get enough of the Sid & Nancy videos.

There's another lengthier video, where Nancy takes off that rubber top she's wearing. Dear Lord ... the sweat this chic had beneath that rubber top, all over the inside-out part, just looked God awful. Ugh.

Sorry to sound so crude, but from what I've read (not what I know) that heroin junkie sweat is absolutely horrendous.

Oh ... and cawfee, Sid, you want me to make you a cup of cawfee ??? That's a Philly accent, yes?

And yes, two addicts who just didn't live long enough . My wish would be for Sid and Nancy to have lived, and laughing their asses off at "the internets" that STILL make them famous.

I pray for my children every day. The lure of drugs scares the absolute HELL outta me.

~Mamma
    Too bad they can't be resurrected and "fast forwarded" to the time we live in now, imagine what they'd make of just the internet itself, let alone the fact that so many people are still interested in their story all these years later

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Too bad they can't be resurrected and "fast forwarded" to the time we live in now, imagine what they'd make of just the internet itself, let alone the fact that so many people are still interested in their story all these years later
    Theres a horror flick somewhere in that idea lol

Tugboat25 Guest
    that's true. it WAS good tv. but I just think Johnny HAS to be as shocking as possible to make up for his lack of talent.
    I have to be honest and say I like the Pistols.
    The natural reaction is to disregard them and stuff but they had some really good music.
    I thought PIL was really good as well.
    John Lydon is Not an no talent.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    The natural reaction is to disregard them and stuff but they had some really good music.
    different strokes for different folks.

Jack Raines Guest

Yeah, I agree. The Sex Pistols were great.

But its too bad Sid really couldn't play bass... Check out this clip to see what I mean (although I'm sure most of you already know this): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ9eR_Yq6ow
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 11-01-2007 at 04:02 AM.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Yeah, Sid was somewhat lacking (ahem) on bass but I still enjoyed their music.
    Give me the Sex Pistols over any band listed on the most hated band thread, that's for sure.

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK
    [SIZE=3]1st posting here so Helooo all!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I was born and have lived and worked in Islington (North London) all my life and as a teenager , in the mid 70’s would sneak out on a Sunday lunchtime to see the bands in the “Hope and Anchor” in Upper Street. Many were RUBBISH!! But some stood out. The Pistols were a little scary because they were sooo intense but you always remembered them (I did stop going once the spitting started to get too much) of course that was before Sid became the Bass player (Glenn Matlock – who could actually play was with them in those days)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The energy and the different sound was very exciting to an innocent 16 year old. By far and away the best band I saw in those halcyon days was Ian Dury & the blockheads (maybe we should start a thread about the Marvellous Ian!!!?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]BTW….I don’t know if any one else has mentioned it but the reason Johnny Rotten stooped so much when he appeared on stage was because he suffered badly from Piles (Haemorrhoids) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Love the Site and grateful that I no longer fell like a freak for being fascinated by this stuff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]On another note, a friend of mine uses “who’s your favourite Serial Killer?” as his Chat Up Line – the girls either run away or are intrigued!!![/SIZE]

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry's Cat View Post
    [SIZE=3]1st posting here so Helooo all!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I was born and have lived and worked in Islington (North London) all my life and as a teenager , in the mid 70’s would sneak out on a Sunday lunchtime to see the bands in the “Hope and Anchor” in Upper Street. Many were RUBBISH!! But some stood out. The Pistols were a little scary because they were sooo intense but you always remembered them (I did stop going once the spitting started to get too much) of course that was before Sid became the Bass player (Glenn Matlock – who could actually play was with them in those days)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The energy and the different sound was very exciting to an innocent 16 year old. By far and away the best band I saw in those halcyon days was Ian Dury & the blockheads (maybe we should start a thread about the Marvellous Ian!!!?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]BTW….I don’t know if any one else has mentioned it but the reason Johnny Rotten stooped so much when he appeared on stage was because he suffered badly from Piles (Haemorrhoids) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Love the Site and grateful that I no longer fell like a freak for being fascinated by this stuff.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]On another note, a friend of mine uses “who’s your favourite Serial Killer?” as his Chat Up Line – the girls either run away or are intrigued!!![/SIZE]
    Welcome aboard Harry's Cat.
    Interesting post about the Pistols.
    I also would like to add that I love Ian Dury!! Great songs and I saw an interview with him once (towards the end of his life) and he seemed like a nice guy.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    I also would like to add that I love Ian Dury!! Great songs and I saw an interview with him once (towards the end of his life) and he seemed like a nice guy.
    Sex And Drugs And Rock N Roll was a KILLER song.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Sex And Drugs And Rock N Roll was a KILLER song.
    I'm partial to Billericay Dickie, myself!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    I'm partial to Billericay Dickie, myself!
    yeah, another good one. Ian Dury and The Blockheads were VERY under rated.

Bring_Out_Yer_Dead Guest
    Regarding books on the Sex Pistols I agree with
    Death Hag Chris..." 12 Days on the Road: The
    Sex Pistols in America " is one of the best about
    the band hands down.

Cheers all,
    Doug

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Out_Yer_Dead View Post
    Regarding books on the Sex Pistols I agree with
    Death Hag Chris..." 12 Days on the Road: The
    Sex Pistols in America " is one of the best about
    the band hands down.

Cheers all,
    Doug
    i'm waiting to receive it from amazon, thanx to his recomendation~

endsleigh03 Guest

About Nancy........

11-04-2007, 01:28 PM
    Jazbabee
    Death Hag

The credit for this goes to Jazbabee! Thank you!

I do have on personal experience with her that really stands out. I went to a private prep school. Nancy attended The Devereaux School, which was a private boarding school for emotionally disturbed adolescents. Most of the area prep schools reluctantly played Dvereaux in sports, because there tended to be a high rate of incidents with their students (antisocial, quick to fight, drug using - they were truly scary) So I knew her from seeing her around. She was on the softball team, or hung with them at one point. She focused in on a member of our team, ended up fighting with her during all of our games. During one game, she walked up to the member of our team and punched her squarely in the face, breaking our team members nose. In retaliation, our team member, ran and got an aluminum baseball bat, ran up behind Nancy, tapped her on the shoulder and cracked her over the head with the bat - Nancy immediately wennt down, everyone was pulled apart and taken for medical help. I know that Nancy was not expelled for the incident, because she went on to graduate from that school. Our team member however, was expelled, that type of behavior was totally unacceptable (and we were all in shock when it happened), and not tolerated under ANY circumstance. I had a couple other incidents/run ins with Nancy, but that was the one that stands out in my mind the most. Whenever I saw her anywhere, I tried my best to steer clear - she was TROUBLE of the worst kind, very disturbed individual.
    Last edited by endsleigh03; 11-04-2007 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Anyone else catch the TV show on the Biography Channel called "Final 24?" Last night they profiled Sid Vicious and it was said that Sid himself didn't administer the lethal dose - his mother did. And they had a couple of well placed "insiders" to back up the claim.

Interesting!

my mom used to make me eat broccoli.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    my mom used to make me eat broccoli.
    Lmao!

Jazbabee Guest
    forced broccoli eating - a violent offense, if ever I saw one !!! lolol

cherryghost Guest
    Had friends who stayed in the Chelsea after Nancy was killed and that the lift used to stop on the floor even if you didnt press it!

star82 Guest
    In the begining of "I wanna be your dog" Sid says something that I can't make it out. "XXXXXXXX can't be f*cking boring". does anyone know what he says before that?

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Had friends who stayed in the Chelsea after Nancy was killed and that the lift used to stop on the floor even if you didnt press it!
    WHOA!!!! you mean the lift stopped on the FIRST FLOOR every time? CREEPY!!!!

Thumbs up

Jazbabee
    Death Hag

I do have on personal experience with her that really stands out. I went to a private prep school. Nancy attended The Devereaux School, which was a private boarding school for emotionally disturbed adolescents. Most of the area prep schools reluctantly played Dvereaux in sports, because there tended to be a high rate of incidents with their students (antisocial, quick to fight, drug using - they were truly scary) So I knew her from seeing her around. She was on the softball team, or hung with them at one point. She focused in on a member of our team, ended up fighting with her during all of our games. During one game, she walked up to the member of our team and punched her squarely in the face, breaking our team members nose. In retaliation, our team member, ran and got an aluminum baseball bat, ran up behind Nancy, tapped her on the shoulder and cracked her over the head with the bat - Nancy immediately wennt down, everyone was pulled apart and taken for medical help. I know that Nancy was not expelled for the incident, because she went on to graduate from that school. Our team member however, was expelled, that type of behavior was totally unacceptable (and we were all in shock when it happened), and not tolerated under ANY circumstance. I had a couple other incidents/run ins with Nancy, but that was the one that stands out in my mind the most. Whenever I saw her anywhere, I tried my best to steer clear - she was TROUBLE of the worst kind, very disturbed individual.

cherryghost Guest

No I dont think it was the first floor hahah!

WHOA!!!! you mean the lift stopped on the FIRST FLOOR every time? CREEPY!!!!

cherryghost Guest
    I better ask them what floor they were on or ring the Chelsea to find out the floor sid and Nancy stayed on! I want to book a room there for a night in a few months but am more interested in Staying in Dylans or Edies room!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    I better ask them what floor they were on or ring the Chelsea to find out the floor sid and Nancy stayed on! I want to book a room there for a night in a few months but am more interested in Staying in Dylans or Edies room!
    Nancy died in room 100....on the first floor.

SecretSquirrel Guest
    Very cool thing to have....I WISH......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Daily-Star-Newsp...QQcmdZViewItem

Nowereman Guest
    The Filth and the Fury

At the end of this doco, John Lydon breaks down when talking about Sid's death also it shows Sid being interviewed before he was due to go to trial for Nancy's murder, Asked how he felt he said, 'I wished he has six feet under'.

donetodeath Guest
    Never liked the sex pistols.This guy remind's me of GG Allin.No talent and extremely self destructive.For gods sake his mother became a heroin addict so she could collect government payment's,and that was the roll model he grew up with!People become a product of their enviroment.You don't miss what you never had!

qulevergrrl Guest
    They were on the first floor too, but that was when there were more rooms rented there.

stacebabe Guest
    I always wondered why Debbie Spungeon referred to it as Darlington. Was it legal reasons?

Jazbabee
    Death Hag

cherryghost Guest
    I know the pistols expecially John Lydon blamed Nancy for Sids heroin addiction! She turned him onto it according to what I have read and there is no love lost there! John talks a bit about her and cries over Sid in "The Filth and the Fury"
    Its hard not to see the Courtney/Nancy doppleganger too!

RigorMortis Guest

I used to work at the Chelsea Hotel for a few months back in the early 90's for a guy who had turned his apartment into a recording studio. Plus I had a few friends that lived there. Also had a boyfriend that got us a room there for a few nights. And then I did a modeling shoot there one time. Suffice to say I spent enough time there and there was never a dull moment in that lobby. I remember a little girl who would always come and talk to me......her mom was VIVA one of Andy Warhols "superstars" and they lived upstairs. She became an actresss and was in "Uncle Buck". I wonder what ever happened to her. She was sweet and old for her age.