Page 1 of 13 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Sid Vicious

Laurie Guest

Sid Vicious

Anyone else catch the TV show on the Biography Channel called "Final 24?" Last night they profiled Sid Vicious and it was said that Sid himself didn't administer the lethal dose - his mother did. And they had a couple of well placed "insiders" to back up the claim.

Interesting!

GODDESS6 Guest
    i have read that also, i don't think it's true tho~ sid & nancy led a very drugged out sad life, i have read alot on them & love the movie~ i will have to look for repeats for the show you mentioned, sounds interesting~
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 10-05-2007 at 09:44 AM.

Red face

There's an SE of "Sid & Nancy" coming out on DVD pretty soon, complete with some documentaries of the Chelsea Hotel they lived in and also about their life - in case anyone was interested.

candleinthewind Guest
    His mother was a drug dealer and they often did drugs together too.

Laurie Guest
    I knew that she was there and gave it to him. I just didn't know that she actually gave it to him (administered his final dose personally because he was physically unable).

And she also scattered his ashes over Nancy's grave too!

Ms. Black Guest
    I think that's romantic.

Ms. K Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    There's an SE of "Sid & Nancy" coming out on DVD pretty soon, complete with some documentaries of the Chelsea Hotel they lived in and also about their life - in case anyone was interested.
    I had completely forgotten that Sid and Nancy lived in The Chelsea.....until I was there this past summer.

That place is filled with the spirits of the famous and not-so-famous residents who have passed on. I was not comfortable there the two nights I stayed there, because I constantly felt someone watching me. And I don't mean with a nanny-cam, either.

What room did they live in? That little detail has slipped my mind.

GODDESS6 Guest
    room 100, but i heard it was incorporated into a couple of other rooms~

candleinthewind Guest
    I heard that the room is part of a storage area and cannot be accessed from the main corridor.

Laurie Guest
    Nice.

A boy's best friend is his mother!

candleinthewind Guest
    Sid's mom asked Nancy's family for permission to scatter his ashes over her grave and they said no. Sid's mom and his sister snuck in at night and did it anyway.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    okay, enough already. let me give you the facts....Sid was bailed out from Rikers Island for assaulting Todd Smith (brother of punk rocker/poet/icon Patti Smith) in a nightclub in NYC in late '78. while Sid was locked up, he was forced to go cold turkey from heroin. it's rumored that Mick Jagger put up the money for Sid's bail, but is highly unlikely. upon his release, Sid's mom Beverly Ritchie had a welcome home party for Sid at her apt in New York. among the attendees were Jerry Only and Bobby Steel of The Misfits, and Sid's new girlfriend who's name escapes me right now. Beverly also scored some heroin for Sid. when he got the packet of junk from his mom, he injected a pretty good amount, and due to his not having any in months while he was locked up...he OD's on the spot. he was revived and ate a spaghetti dinner with his mom and friends/hanger on's. later Sid nodded out, common among junkies, and was put in his bedroom on the bed by his mom and girlfriend. Beverly, scared that Sid may OD again, put the heroin in her back pocket for safe keeping. later on in the night Sid awoke, and took the heroin from her pocket as she slept on the couch. Sid went into his room and shot the rest up...and OD'd again. he was found the next morning naked on the bed...dead. he was awaiting trial for Nancy's murder at the time of his death. Sid wanted to be buried next to Nancy, but her family refused to give up any information on her final resting place. which is in a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia, her home town. Sid's ashes were NEVER scattered over her grave. Sid NEVER had a sister (he was an only child). and Sid's mom NEVER injected the fatal dose of heroin into her son's arm. being not only a punk rock fan, but also a music historian, you can rest assured that these ARE the facts. I have read some 10-15 books on Sid's life and death. as well as Deborah Spungen's (Nancy's mom) book And I Don't Want To Live This Life Anymore. the facts are in these books, and in the interviews that were conducted while Sid's mom was still alive. room 100 of the Chelsea was taken out, and made into a larger version of the lobby for the hotel. maybe due to the sick fascination of people like myself? who knows. there was a rumor that Sid's urn was dropped in JFK airport by his mom, and his ashes blown across the place (Beverly never confirmed or denied this). if this is true, it's a fitting end to a fucked up life. those are the facts people. don't believe all the urban legends that people made up about Sid and Nancy. truth be told, they were human...just like you and I. let's not glorify the tragedy by making it out to be something it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Hag Chris View Post
    it's rumored that Mick Jagger put up the money for Sid's bail
    I heard it was maybe Malcolm McClaren who put up the bail for Sid?

Death Hag Chris Guest
    I heard it was maybe Malcolm McClaren who put up the bail for Sid?
    i'm sure it was Malcolm. but he was such a scumbag full of lies, who know's for sure. he's the one who came up with the whole Jagger story. that's why I said I doubted it.

GODDESS6 Guest
    okay, enough already. let me give you the facts....Sid was bailed out from Rikers Island for assaulting Todd Smith (brother of punk rocker/poet/icon Patti Smith) in a nightclub in NYC in late '78. while Sid was locked up, he was forced to go cold turkey from heroin. it's rumored that Mick Jagger put up the money for Sid's bail, but is highly unlikely. upon his release, Sid's mom Beverly Ritchie had a welcome home party for Sid at her apt in New York. among the attendees were Jerry Only and Bobby Steel of The Misfits, and Sid's new girlfriend who's name escapes me right now. Beverly also scored some heroin for Sid. when he got the packet of junk from his mom, he injected a pretty good amount, and due to his not having any in months while he was locked up...he OD's on the spot. he was revived and ate a spaghetti dinner with his mom and friends/hanger on's. later Sid nodded out, common among junkies, and was put in his bedroom on the bed by his mom and girlfriend. Beverly, scared that Sid may OD again, put the heroin in her back pocket for safe keeping. later on in the night Sid awoke, and took the heroin from her pocket as she slept on the couch. Sid went into his room and shot the rest up...and OD'd again. he was found the next morning naked on the bed...dead. he was awaiting trial for Nancy's murder at the time of his death. Sid wanted to be buried next to Nancy, but her family refused to give up any information on her final resting place. which is in a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia, her home town. Sid's ashes were NEVER scattered over her grave. Sid NEVER had a sister (he was an only child). and Sid's mom NEVER injected the fatal dose of heroin into her son's arm. being not only a punk rock fan, but also a music historian, you can rest assured that these ARE the facts. I have read some 10-15 books on Sid's life and death. as well as Deborah Spungen's (Nancy's mom) book And I Don't Want To Live This Life Anymore. the facts are in these books, and in the interviews that were conducted while Sid's mom was still alive. room 100 of the Chelsea was taken out, and made into a larger version of the lobby for the hotel. maybe due to the sick fascination of people like myself? who knows. there was a rumor that Sid's urn was dropped in JFK airport by his mom, and his ashes blown across the place (Beverly never confirmed or denied this). if this is true, it's a fitting end to a fucked up life. those are the facts people. don't believe all the urban legends that people made up about Sid and Nancy. truth be told, they were human...just like you and I. let's not glorify the tragedy by making it out to be something it's not.
    i had heard the mom story before & i too have read tons of books on sid, i have also read nancy's moms book actually multiple times, that poor girl had it rough from the start, being born oxygen deprivated~ you have the facts as i have heard them too~ sid & nancy's story has always been a tragic 1 i can't forget~
    i think sid's girlfreinds name when he died was michelle~

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i had heard the mom story before & i too have read tons of books on sid, i have also read nancy's moms book actually multiple times, that poor girl had it rough from the start, being born oxygen deprivated~ you have the facts as i have heard them too~ sid & nancy's story has always been a tragic 1 i can't forget~
    yes, I agree, Nancy had it rough from the get go. and so did Sid for the most part. his dad left his mom at an early age. she remarried a man who Sid LOVED! and he passed away very young. I guess it was the times that hurt them more than anything else. very sad story indeed.

GODDESS6 Guest
    someone was selling a grave rubbing from nancy's grave on ebay, i was out bid~

Death Hag Chris Guest
    that's sick.

Katie Guest
    I don't know this story well. Did he kill Nancy? What happened to her?

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I don't know this story well. Did he kill Nancy? What happened to her?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Vicious

GODDESS6 Guest
    that's sick.
    it's just a chalk rubbing, people do it all the time, especially of old, ornate cool looking headstones~

Katie Guest
    Thanks for the web site. Now I know what happened.

So very sad!!!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    it's just a chalk rubbing, people do it all the time, especially of old, ornate cool looking headstones~
    I didn't mean you. sorry, I just don't get it. I guess I would maybe do it if it was Dee Dee Ramone. he was my idol. but it still seems wrong in a way.

GODDESS6 Guest
    I didn't mean you. sorry, I just don't get it. I guess I would maybe do it if it was Dee Dee Ramone. he was my idol. but it still seems wrong in a way.
    oooooow love the ramones!!!~ i get what you are saying~ i would do it if was stevie nicks, thank god she isn'r dead yet!!!~

Death Hag Chris Guest
    oooooow love the ramones!!!~ i get what you are saying~ i would do it if was stevie nicks, thank god she isn'r dead yet!!!~
    it's always a pleasure to talk with a fellow Ramones fan. and as much as i'm not a '75-present Fleetwood Mac fan (i'm a Peter Green/Jeremy Spencer era fan myself), I have to say I LOVE Stevie Nicks voice. she could make me melt in a matter of seconds.

Talking

I preferred Christine McVie's voice in the Fleetwood Mac songs.

GODDESS6 Guest
    I preferred Christine McVie's voice in the Fleetwood Mac songs.
    i can respect that, she has alot of fans~

Ms. K Guest
    Not surprising that The Chelsea turned room 100 into storage.

Apparently, Herbert Huncke lived in the room next door to the room we stayed in. And didn't like the girl who rents it now when she first moved in, until she told him that SHE was staying there now, and he had to move on.

Fuh-REAKY.

radio_free_bg Guest
    There is also a rumor that the actual killer was New York personality, Rockets Redglare who was Sid and Nancy's dealer at the time. Unfortunately he passed away recently and took the "secret" with him. Google it.

endsleigh03 Guest

Nancy...

Check the photo of Nancy at theviciousfiles.co.uk.
    I am gonna pull my Sid and Nancy to see if it came from movie, but pic looks awful old and grainy.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    yup, that would be the official police crime scene photo of Nancy under the sink dead.

star82 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Anyone else catch the TV show on the Biography Channel called "Final 24?" Last night they profiled Sid Vicious and it was said that Sid himself didn't administer the lethal dose - his mother did. And they had a couple of well placed "insiders" to back up the claim.

Interesting!
    I saw that show. It was pretty good. I can't believe his Mum shot him up for the last time. She too died from a heroin overdose.

Ms. K Guest
    yup, that would be the official police crime scene photo of Nancy under the sink dead.
    No wonder The Chelsea turned room 100 into storage....the Hotel Chelsea still has that same ugly tiny tile in every bathroom floor, and blood would be a real bitch to get out of grout.

The Chelsea is a really cool place to visit, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to live there!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by star82 View Post
    I saw that show. It was pretty good. I can't believe his Mum shot him up for the last time. She too died from a heroin overdose.
    she DIDN'T shoot him up when he died. she was asleep on the couch. and she died of an overdose of painkillers and alcohol in her home at the age of 64 in '97. police were called after a neighbor received a letter from her shortly after returning home from a summer vacation saying she intended on taking her own life. when the police arrived her body was still warm, but attempts to resuscitate failed. anyone else here STILL believing the old bullshit urban legend? don't believe all the stories you read on the Internet by some 17 year old with some shitty web site. THESE are the facts.

endsleigh03 Guest

Sid

she DIDN'T shoot him up when he died. she was asleep on the couch. and she died of an overdose of painkillers and alcohol in her home at the age of 64 in '97. police were called after a neighbor received a letter from her shortly after returning home from a summer vacation saying she intended on taking her own life. when the police arrived her body was still warm, but attempts to resuscitate failed. anyone else here STILL believing the old bullshit urban legend? don't believe all the stories you read on the Internet by some 17 year old with some shitty web site. THESE are the facts.
    I also have a shelf full of Sid and Nancy books, been following that story for years, and the facts are that the facts are muddied and the truth about alot of it will never be known. As far as his mother goes, well, never trust a junkie, and just because Alan Parker took almost everything Anne Beverley said as the gospel truth (Vicious-Too Fast To Live, 2004) doesn't mean we should. As far as Rockets Redglare goes...after watching the Doc on his life, it isn't too far a stretch to imagine that he could have been involved with what happened in the Chelsea that night. But again, the main players, Sid, Nancy, Anne, Rockets, are all gone now, and the truth lies with them, and books written by authors who weren't actually there, are, after all just a backward look into time.

endsleigh03 Guest

Sid

I also have a shelf full of Sid and Nancy books, been following that story for years, and the facts are that the facts are muddied and the truth about alot of it will never be known. As far as his mother goes, well, never trust a junkie, and just because Alan Parker took almost everything Anne Beverley said as the gospel truth (Vicious-Too Fast To Live, 2004) doesn't mean we should. As far as Rockets Redglare goes...after watching the Doc on his life, it isn't too far a stretch to imagine that he could have been involved with what happened in the Chelsea that night. But again, the main players, Sid, Nancy, Anne, Rockets, are all gone now, and the truth lies with them, and books written by authors who weren't actually there, are, after all just a backward look into time.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    for what it's worth, I read Andy Parker's book (England's Dreaming) some 16 years ago. and it wasn't that great. i've since read books by Noel Monk (the Pistols American tour manager), Pamela Des Barres and Malcolm Butt among others (as well as interviews with friends/band members/hanger on's, new paper articles and police reports). I could give 2 squirts what Andy Parker thinks or says. I go by more than 1 source. but I know what's bullshit and what's true (or at least what MOST people have stated as being true).

Death Hag Chris - Just curious, what did you think of the movie, "Sid & Nancy" - do you think it was an accurate portrayal? I'm just asking since you are the ultimate fan of Sid here!

I heard that Courtney Love tried out for the part of Nancy, but didn't get it - and instead was given the part of her friend in the movie. I think Courtney may have done alright with that part. She was pretty good in that Larry Flynt movie as his wife.

star82 Guest
    I read Nancy's mom's book. Holy shit. Nancy was a holy terror. I can't imagine how her family dealt with her.

I love the line in "Sid & Nancy", "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I look like Steve Nicks in hippie clothes!"

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Death Hag Chris - Just curious, what did you think of the movie, "Sid & Nancy" - do you think it was an accurate portrayal? I'm just asking since you are the ultimate fan of Sid here!

I heard that Courtney Love tried out for the part of Nancy, but didn't get it - and instead was given the part of her friend in the movie. I think Courtney may have done alright with that part. She was pretty good in that Larry Flynt movie as his wife.
    I thought the movie was very well done, and acted. but it's not an accurate story in a lot of ways. but it IS a movie after all. and to be honest, i'm not a fan of the Pistols or Sid. I just enjoy the story of his life and the story of Nancy's death. after hearing so many false stories about what happend, I felt this need to try and find the REAL story. I guess i'm just a detective stuck in a 30 something punk rockers body.

star82 Guest
    That is the story that is protrayed on the Final 24 show. Apparently that is what his Mum admitted to.

Death Hag Chris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by star82 View Post
    That is the story that is protrayed on the Final 24 show. Apparently that is what his Mum admitted to.
    well, i've read enough reports saying it didn't happen. so I can't go on what 1 show says. and besides his mom has been dead for 10 years. if it were true, why did it take so long to come out? things that make you go hmmm.

this is excellent news!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Quote Originally Posted by elnoradawn View Post
    this is excellent news!
    Here is the features on the new disc - being released Oct 23rd!

DVD Features:

Region 1
    Keep Case
    Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
    Audio:
    Dolby Digital Surround - English
    Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
    Additional Release Material:
    Behind the Scenes - "My Way: The Making of SID & NANCY"
    Featurettes - 1. "Love Kills: The Real Life of Sid and Nancy"
    2. "The Hotel Chelsea - If These Walls Could Talk!"

Should be interesting and better than the "bare bones" version that was released a few years ago!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Star82, I love that line as well! Like Stevie Nicks was the Devil Incarnate. I've read Nancy's mother's book and I own the Sid & Nancy movie. Irony: Courtney is good in S & N and in Larry Flynt because she's essentially playing herself: an effed up groupie wannabe rock star.

Like Scott says, Don't do drugs, kids.

I was never a big Sex Pistols fan but I do remember blasting that song with the line about It's not a baby it's an ABORRRTION just to horrify my mom.

leppchic Guest
    I have seen the pic of Nancy at the crime scene. Anyone know if there is one of Sid after he died? I am still not sure what I think happened that night....I am sure we will never know. As goes the mystery that goes along with most of the dead in Hollywood, MM, ANS, Kurt Cobain and the list goes on.......

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leppchic View Post
    I have seen the pic of Nancy at the crime scene. Anyone know if there is one of Sid after he died? I am still not sure what I think happened that night....I am sure we will never know. As goes the mystery that goes along with most of the dead in Hollywood, MM, ANS, Kurt Cobain and the list goes on.......
    If anyone ever finds a photo like that, please let me know!

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post

Interesting!
    I saw that, and part of that theory was that he'd been raped in jail and she wanted to put him "out of his misery." Excellent show, regardless of the subject!

Tugboat25 Guest
    My father was in the NYPD and his friend was the one who arrested Sid at the Chelsea Hotel.
    My father's friend then went on to be murdered on a train in NYC. He was dead for the longest time before anyone even noticed. Apparently no one could be bothered to report it.