Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213 LastLast

Thread: Sid Vicious

sablegsd Guest
    Read her mom's book. No doubt she was deeply mentally disturbed with schizophrenia.

Mulvaness Guest
    IMHO.. I think that it is more than highly possible that he did it. Many things happen in drunken and/or drug induced hazes, did he mean to, if he did? Hell no, but, things happen. It is also highly possible that a drug dealer did it... When you live in that kind of life style, ANYTHING is possible. Look at the links I posted in the hrm.. post that I posted in the anything else post. I could have SWORN that it was my ex classmate that brutally killed someone else that I knew but, it wasn't, it was someone else that she JUST met... Anything can happen at any time.

stacebabe Guest
    She was a diagnosed schizophrenic, unfortunately, despite her parents best efforts, they never gave them that diagnosis until after she died.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Johnny Rotten and Steve Jones

I think Sid did it too. Sounds like they were both out of their minds. I'll have to watch 'Sid and Nancy' again, it has been a long time...

Here's a picture of The Sex Pistols with Johnny Rotten and Steve Jones' signatures. 'Never Mind The Bollocks' still sounds great today...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SexPistolsJohnnyRottenSteveJones.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	29498  

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    If he did do it, I doubt it was premeditated, I think they were both just totally out of their minds and out of control at that point. I never bought the idea that she "asked him" to stab her...I think it's much more likely that if he did it, it was done during a drug induced fight they had. I don't think he even knew if he did it for sure, who knows...I think they were that far gone.

Here's another question: Sid was always wearing Nazi flags for a shirt etc. and once I saw a youtube interview where he said he was "skinhead and then a punk"...And of course, punk and such is known to attract some skinheads...Wasn't Nancy Jewish? I never really got that at all...When he said he was a skinhead, did he just mean the early British skinhead who were almost like punk rockers or is he talking the violent racist skinheads we think of today? That just always irritated me, being my mother was Jewish why Nancy would be with some dude wearing a Nazi flag, but let's face it, she wasn't wrapped too tightly. Neither was he. And who can be surprised, didn't his mother give him drugs when he was just a kid?
    Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 01-01-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: mistake

Found this while looking for some other info - this is actually pretty cool: http://lovekillsblog.blogspot.com/20...o-auction.html
    My Posse's On Broadway

stacebabe Guest
    yucky! that shirt is so gross!! yet so perfectly Sid.

stacebabe Guest
    I truly believe he wore what he did for the shock value. I would not be surprised in the least if he had no idea what the Holocaust was, or what Hitler stood for. All he needed to know was that whatever it was about that design shocked people. And yes, Nancy was Jewish.

I finally saw that "Who Killed Nancy" British documentary. It actually raised some interesting questions in my mind as to whether Syd could have killed her or not...It said everyone who went to the room that night said Syd was totally passed out and could not have even held a knife...I don't know if I buy that, but it still had some interesting info and showed other possibilities that are out there.
    Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 02-01-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: mistake

stacebabe Guest
    There was one stab wound. One. There were a million people that probably wanted to kill Nancy for being annoying, and I can guarantee there would've been more than one stab wound. Sid did it. I saw the documentarty too, but I still think he did it. Probably at her coaching.

KarmaKat Guest
    Sounds like a good Doco. Will have to try and track down a copy

rucyco2 Guest
    I consider myself something of a punk connoisseur and love the Sex Pistols. I think that "Never Mind the Bollocks..." was one of those "right people at the right time" moments that changed the game.

In many ways I believe that Sid was like Anna Nicole Smith in that he was constantly surrounded by the wrong people. Malcolm McLaren certainly did not have Sid's best interests at heart. Nancy? We know her motives, no need to rehash them here - you guys have done that in previous posts. His mom? Please.

It kind of bothers me when I see teenagers holding up Sid as a role model because he was "punk". I wish that they would educate themselves and understand that Sid was a junkie who died a junkie's death. Drugs kill and that is the lesson to be learned from Sid.

I'm fighting my own dependency issues, although not with Heroin. I never did Heroin precisely because I know that I would like it too much. My heart goes out to those who have or are battling with Heroin addiction. I cannot imagine the just how powerful that hold is.

Pat MaGroin Guest

Sid Vicious Paintings For Sale

The Sex Pastels: How punk icon Sid Vicious painted flowers and sunsets

A gallery of pictures of flowers and sunsets painted by punk rocker Sid Vicious have come to light for the first time - and reveal the hellraiser's softer side. The unseen artwork was created by the Sex Pistol's icon when he was a young student and was kept by his proud mum after he left to tour the world with the band. The pictures include a delicately drawn buttercup and Dali-esque landscape in vivid red and orange, are a sharp contrast to the tearaway rocker he would become. Other works show a mosque in shadow, backlit by a glorious sunset and a mobile of hanging figures reminiscent of Dali's surrealist sculptures.

Softer side: A painting of a buttercup by Sid Vicious

The paintings include sunsets & Dali-esque landscapes

The paintings have never been seen before but are now published in a book

The pictures include a list of Vicious' favourite tracks at the time

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1IgqlFn1y

I forgot he painted. Thanks for posting, Pat!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    I forgot he painted. Thanks for posting, Pat!
    No problem! Thought they looked interesting...

stevesy Guest
    Hey everyone sorry i'm late to the party but i just wanted to say that I recently got interested in the whole sid & nancy story after watching the movie I had been a sex pistols fan a few years ago and knew somewhat about the whole shebang but after reading all these post I feel like i'm well informed now and I do plan to read Nancy's mom's book. I'm still at a loss as to who killed her and what not I have to add that there were a lot of great posts in this discussion.

rucyco2 Guest
    Cool pic

Name:	Nancy-Spungen-Sid-Vicious-Lemmy-Kilmister.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	31153  

Quote Originally Posted by stevesy View Post
    Hey everyone sorry i'm late to the party but i just wanted to say that I recently got interested in the whole sid & nancy story after watching the movie I had been a sex pistols fan a few years ago and knew somewhat about the whole shebang but after reading all these post I feel like i'm well informed now and I do plan to read Nancy's mom's book. I'm still at a loss as to who killed her and what not I have to add that there were a lot of great posts in this discussion.

Nancy's Mom's book is awesome!!! Very hard to put down and it gives you a whole other view of Nancy that is for sure. Sad Sad Sad...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesy View Post

You will want to watch the documentary Who Killed Nancy, too. Very interesting information here.

SlippyInvader Guest
    Has anyone got a link to this documentary plz?

It is available on Netflix (not instant) and on iTunes.

Gosh I fell into a wormhole on this one today. I was watching Sparks videos on YouTube and ended up at a Sid documentary that had me sucked in as soon as I saw Marco Pirroni, David Vanian and Rat Scabies. Then it was click after click all day. I have always been fascinated with the Chelsea Hotel since I watched the Party Monster documentary and would love to visit it someday but in a way I'm a little scared of it. Too bad it sounds like they have done lots of renovations since most of the infamous stuff happened.
    Anyway, I watched the episode of Final 24 that says his mother killed him intentionally. I don't know what to think of that but I did read a few times that he did not like to shoot himself up, he preferred others to do it.
    I agree with those who said these two meeting was fate. They both had such fucked up histories.

Red Leary Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    Here's another question: Sid was always wearing Nazi flags for a shirt etc.

Shock value and publicity.

Vivian Westwood used to supply their clothes from her kings rd boutique and they were desigend by her and Malcom Mclaren who is jewish.

ForumReader Guest
    His mother confessed on her deathbed that she gave Sid a hot shot! Alcohol and Tobacco are both drugs, but because they are legal, they are socially acceptable but yet even more destructive and lethal than many other illegal drugs! That's the irony there and in a country like Thailand, you can lose your life for dealing in them! But its perfectly OK to sell Alcohol and Tobacco and let people kill themselves with those products. Total hypocrisy!

Scroll up! Did I see T Rex "Ride a White Swan" as one of his favorite songs? Whoda thunkit? What a happy tune! There is a vid on YouTube called "Sid Vicious In Paris" I will not post the link, in Sid style, mildly profane. The French music in the background has me in stitches!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mfyhzabb5p1qh8iiyo1_500.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	45950
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

It is good to see John Lydon still clicking along. I was watching videos on him earlier today... This is just too funny. He is watching Katy Perry
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2wOU71-T44

I always thought it was sort of dumb, her family didn't want him buried next to nancy. they were such messes.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Heart and Soul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    If he did do it, I doubt it was premeditated, I think they were both just totally out of their minds and out of control at that point. I never bought the idea that she "asked him" to stab her...I think it's much more likely that if he did it, it was done during a drug induced fight they had. I don't think he even knew if he did it for sure, who knows...I think they were that far gone.
    Drugs can make you do crazy things, not just fuck with your mind.

Heart and Soul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rucyco2 View Post
    I consider myself something of a punk connoisseur and love the Sex Pistols. I think that "Never Mind the Bollocks..." was one of those "right people at the right time" moments that changed the game.

In many ways I believe that Sid was like Anna Nicole Smith in that he was constantly surrounded by the wrong people. Malcolm McLaren certainly did not have Sid's best interests at heart. Nancy? We know her motives, no need to rehash them here - you guys have done that in previous posts. His mom? Please.

It kind of bothers me when I see teenagers holding up Sid as a role model because he was "punk". I wish that they would educate themselves and understand that Sid was a junkie who died a junkie's death. Drugs kill and that is the lesson to be learned from Sid.

I'm fighting my own dependency issues, although not with Heroin. I never did Heroin precisely because I know that I would like it too much. My heart goes out to those who have or are battling with Heroin addiction. I cannot imagine the just how powerful that hold is.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you!

Haven't read this whole thread for a long time so I apologize if this was posted.

John Simon going to see David Bowie in 1973.

He kind of reminds me of River Phoenix in this picture.

Name:	11230656_738568766249858_5071512550070962818_n.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	52830  

I just watched a documentary called "Who Killed Nancy." It was pretty good. Cost about $3 on Amazon to rent. Definitely lots of people who knew them that think its impossible for Sid to have done it and they made some sense. Apparently Nancy was really skanky - I mean even worse than I ever thought.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I laugh when I remember Johnny Rotten saying how awful Nancy was and how she looked like that old Baby Jane character in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"

I had a dream a while ago about Sid (maybe because I had named my cat Sid?). He was showing me around a museum/art gallery looking place and seemed very polite and lucid. He was talking about the punk scene in the seventies and the Sex Pistols and how it wasn't all it was cracked up to be or words to that effect.

Harry Hamlin (LA Law) dressed as Sid for Halloween down to the swastika t-shirt

Needless to say, he is sorry.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/harr...324195894.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Guess he didn't know it would be offensive before he put it on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sid died 37 years ago today. RIP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SHARONTATEFAN2014 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by star82 View Post
    I read Nancy's mom's book. Holy shit. Nancy was a holy terror. I can't imagine how her family dealt with her.

I love the line in "Sid & Nancy", "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I look like Steve Nicks in hippie clothes!"
    I love that line too! I crack up everytime I see it. R.I.P Nancy & Sid

SHARONTATEFAN2014 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    That's the general consensus I get from reading the book (I'm about half-way thru it right now). I think
    Nancy was Schizo and probably bi-polar and I bet if she was on the right meds - she wwould have lived a normal life (or somewhat of one!).

Apparently she knew she was going to die young and even said she knew she would die a famous death in the headlines. She told her mother that about 4 years before she died.

I found it interesting that she was buried in her prom dress - a lime green slinky thing - with a bare midriff. Weird - since she was stabbed in the stomach! I wonder if that scar/wound was showing - that's IF they had an open casket viewing.
    Only the immediate family viewed Nancy's body at the funeral home, plus the family had the morticians die her hair back to it's natural color! I think Nancy wouldn't have liked that

deucecourtesans Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    That's the general consensus I get from reading the book (I'm about half-way thru it right now). I think
    Nancy was Schizo and probably bi-polar and I bet if she was on the right meds - she wwould have lived a normal life (or somewhat of one!).

Apparently she knew she was going to die young and even said she knew she would die a famous death in the headlines. She told her mother that about 4 years before she died.

I found it interesting that she was buried in her prom dress - a lime green slinky thing - with a bare midriff. Weird - since she was stabbed in the stomach! I wonder if that scar/wound was showing - that's IF they had an open casket viewing.
    Over the span of the last few years, I've come into contact with people in the 70's punk community who not only knew Sid and Nancy, but I've befriended some of Nancy's high school best friends/friends/classmates by having the advantage of being an official staff member and content creator of the internet's largest Sid & Nancy online community, Love Kills. Nancy went to Devereux Manor High School in PA, which is now referred to as a "behavioral health" school. Back when she was there, it was a place that parents sent their children to if they weren't normal and picture perfect. In Nancy's case, she was "disturbed", therefore they sent her off to this boarding school with high hopes that maybe a constant positive educational atmosphere would affect her positively. If you asked anyone who went to Devereux at the time what it were like, they will tell you that it was a very big party school and drugs were constant whether it were weed, acid, or cocaine, it was possible to obtain it easily. They will tell you that they all shared cigarettes as minors, passing them around and such. (Nancy used to call them "shorts" considering that whenever she would get one, it would be smoked almost down to the filter.) They will also tell you that the parents saw it as a great school that held a lot of potential for the students, but they really didn't know what was going on behind the scenes. Sadly, Nancy's mother isn't a very good person and because of what Nancy chose to do with her life, she ultimately disowned and thought the least of her daughter especially after her death, and heavily fabricated about most of the stories in her book about Nancy, which everyone who knew her attests to. The reality of this point in Nancy's life is this: her family never visited her, and she only visited them. When she did, she felt unwelcome and stayed away from them as much as possible by hiding in her room and listening to music (she liked Led Zeppelin a lot at this certain period in her life, and specifically loved the album "Houses of the Holy"). This means that her family wasn't aware of Nancy's official mental diagnosis, which everyone had thought to have been schizophrenia. This knowledge only came about because Nancy's mother took her to a doctor once who speculated that might be what was going on with Nancy. Schizophrenia wasn't very well studied in the 60's, when she began showing signs of disturbance. Schizophrenia affects the whole brain and is usually genetic, and usually cannot be properly medically diagnosed within a child. It wasn't genetic in Nancy's bloodline, and regardless, she didn't have it to begin with. According to Nancy's best friend as well as one of her close friends, her official diagnosis was a very severe case of bipolar disorder and she was receiving treatment for this at Devereux.

Your assumption was right on the money. No one other than those who knew her on a very personal level at the time knew this.

socalms Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I have read Nancy's Mother's book (good read by the way) and I think Sid and Nancy were perfect for eachother. It was fate - I mean this woman went to the other side of the world and found someone just like her, how could it not be?
    I remember reading this book when it first came out. Sad how people treat mental health issues or rather don't.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I read that book years ago too. And I Don't Want to Live This Life was the name of it. Really good read. I've read it more than once as a matter of fact. Nancy would have had a very different life if the right meds had been around at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like many others on here, still don't think Sid
    killed Nancy.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I think it doesn't really matter how the drugs got into his system, by his own hand or his mother's, the outcome was the same, death. The same applies to Nancy, her hand or his pushed the knife in, the outcome was death. I don't think he wanted to live anymore after what happened with Nancy. As dysfunctional and rotten that the two of them were, they did love each other in their own fowl way (not as much as their love for drugs though) and when she was gone, I think he felt alone and the depression no doubt would have kicked in, especially if he knew or thought he was responsible for her death, it would have been overwhelming for him. At least they can be together in the afterlife and drive each mad for eternity. RIP Sid and Nancy, I found you both very interesting and entertaining.
    Last edited by BuzzyChick; 01-18-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    My father was in the NYPD and his friend was the one who arrested Sid at the Chelsea Hotel.
    My father's friend then went on to be murdered on a train in NYC. He was dead for the longest time before anyone even noticed. Apparently no one could be bothered to report it.
    Thank You for posting this. I still don't think
    Sid killed his girlfriend.( He was too high and drunk
    that night)

I love the movie Sid & Nancy, both Gary Oldman and Chloe Webb should have gotten Oscar nominations.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

IMO Sid did kill the Sex Pistols. They should have kept Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by leppchic View Post
    I have seen the pic of Nancy at the crime scene. Anyone know if there is one of Sid after he died? I am still not sure what I think happened that night....I am sure we will never know. As goes the mystery that goes along with most of the dead in Hollywood, MM, ANS, Kurt Cobain and the list goes on.......
    This is very true.

Why is this waste of cellular material even remembered, much less mourned?

Quote Originally Posted by PooBah McGee View Post
    Why is this waste of cellular material even remembered, much less mourned?
    Because he was someone's son as well as being a rocker and he still has fans.