Thread: House at the End of the Drive

dovescry1999 Guest

What happened to "House at the End of the Drive"?

Scott had the ad on FAD, I think it was called "House at the End of the Drive" or something to that effect. It was supposed to be about these people that time warp back to August 9 1969, into the Tate house...

Haven't heard anything. Not that I wanted to watch, because it looked like it would creep me the f**k out !

Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    Scott had the ad on FAD, I think it was called "House at the End of the Drive" or something to that effect. It was supposed to be about these people that time warp back to August 9 1969, into the Tate house...

Haven't heard anything. Not that I wanted to watch, because it looked like it would creep me the f**k out !
    Yea I remember that awhile back. I would sure like to see it. Anyone know if it is out on DVD, or if it can be ordered. I like some of us here, would sure like to see it. Anyone info?

Kathyf Guest
    I thought it was something you had to see at a theater somewhere in California.

Yeah I remember that too. Here's what imdb says about it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464054/

At least I think that's it because it's the only thing that came up for it. No plot synopsis or anything available there but there are some other clues that point to it being the right one. They also have some forum posts about it.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Scott:
    I have written to them, and nothing. Can you give us anymore info on this movie ?
    Sorry to bug you, but you have the clout, and muscle here. Can you get some info ?

RaRaRamona Guest

dovescry1999 Guest
    TNX Ramona...
    Will check it at home. They blocked streaming media at the job (Jackasses !)

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dovescry1999 View Post
    TNX Ramona...
    Will check it at home. They blocked streaming media at the job (Jackasses !)

LOL Aren't they!?

discod Guest

Dewitt murders

Was looking on the FAD website and clicked on an advert for a film called 'House at the end of the drive' which i read through and then it staed it was based on the Dewitt murders??
    Is this a true murder cos its almost like the Manson Murders
    http://www.dewittmurders.com/overview.html

I have never heard of this before. I can't seem to find anything else about it, but that site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Ms. K Guest
    Look at the bottom of the page that you linked to. In small print, it links to the movie site.

I think this is just viral marketing. Not a real case at all.

discod Guest

aww too good to be true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I thought the victims looked..too modern pretty to be back in the late 60's

death hag dee Guest
    kinda what they did for the blair witch project to drum up interest

Lisamarie Guest
    lol the one jimi hedrix rip off got me...lol....too bad would have been great one look I got taken in on the blair witch project lol!!!!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Took it off the Tate murders

when Blair Witch first came out, I totally believed everything. Saw the movie and freaked out. After it came out it was fake, I was so mad LOL. So I will investigate next time before I believe stuff like that again.

Lisamarie Guest
    do you remeber the documentry they had on the sci fi channel?? I was like Omg!!! There is a freakin blair witch I remeber laying on bed thinnking about it!!! Lmao!!! Damn Bliar witch!!!! Lol!!!

House at the End of the Drive

Anyone know what happenned to this movie? I first heard about it when I saw the link on FAD but the movie seems to have just stalled or something. It sounded awesome.

Pamebabby Guest
    I'm not exactly sure. Rumor has it it isn't released yet due to financial issues. Dave Oman doesn't have the money to finish it, is what I've heard. I think that was the purpose of him being on GhostHunters-to generate interest in him and his movie. I don't know about the movie itself, I personally think he is a fruitcake and a liar. He is exploiting his house and the murders for professional gain, which I believe is wrong. Why the hell Sharon and Jay would "haunt" a house that wasn't even there when the murders happened doesn't make sense. Oman's running around with a K2 yelling "Sharon? Jay? Abigail? Voytech? Steven?" is just offensive to me, he laughs and grins too much, enjoying his 15 minutes of fame.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    I'm not exactly sure. Rumor has it it isn't released yet due to financial issues. Dave Oman doesn't have the money to finish it, is what I've heard. I think that was the purpose of him being on GhostHunters-to generate interest in him and his movie. I don't know about the movie itself, I personally think he is a fruitcake and a liar. He is exploiting his house and the murders for professional gain, which I believe is wrong. Why the hell Sharon and Jay would "haunt" a house that wasn't even there when the murders happened doesn't make sense. Oman's running around with a K2 yelling "Sharon? Jay? Abigail? Voytech? Steven?" is just offensive to me, he laughs and grins too much, enjoying his 15 minutes of fame.
    Nail on the head here. Attempting to 'communicate' with the dead is one thing--exploiting the dead is another matter entirely. This guy's so full of it I'm surprised it isn't leaking out his ears...

Quote Originally Posted by Pamebabby View Post
    I agree. I do not believe ghosts go where they have never been in life.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post

I agree with this also- it isn't a game-people died. Now this guy has them running about places they were not even at.

hoxharding Guest
    Found this in my e-mail-
    I wonder if the private residence that is mentioned is the guy who was on 'Message sent to you follows:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Join us Saturday 10.24.2009, as the livescifi.tv team performs a LIVE, Interactive, Investigation broadcast from a So. Cal Private residence which rests 200 feet away from the Manson Murders. The home has been featured on Ghost Hunters, and several documentaries due to its high levels of paranormal activity. Some of the activity includes, geomagnetic anomalies, full bodied apparitions, disembodied and EVP phenomena.

Help us document this activity LIVE by joining us this Saturday!

- This a FREE, LIVE, and Interactive paranormal investigation web cast. This broadcast is completely FREE, and gives you the luxury of participating in a real investigation. It will also allow you to watch how our investigators endure through the course of the night.

- Our Investigations are completely raw and unedited, and we welcome both skeptics and believers to help us analyze and develop new techniques for documenting phenomena.

- Our chat which allows you to interact with the team and participate with other viewers as investigators. We also allow LIVE callin�s so that you can preform your own evp sessions from home.

- The team will be streaming LIVE head cams, a variety of multi cam/DVR views, thermal cameras, and environmental measuring data equipment on the site!

-This is a free site, which means you don�t have to pay anything to watch and interact with the cast members!

Where: www.livescifi.tv/parahigh

When: Saturday, 10.24.2009 8:00pm pst / 11:00 pm est'?

Jack-O-Lantern Guest

Sounds like the same guy/same house. He's working that angle for everything it could possibly be worth. Again, .

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post

Sounds like the same guy/same house. He's working that angle for everything it could possibly be worth. Again, .

It has to be the guy-I doubt his neighbors have decided to get into the act.

I doubt this-but what if he isn't lying? Except the things he sees and hears may appear to be Sharon and Jay but it actually is one or more spirits just pretending to be them.(or not)

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    It has to be the guy-I doubt his neighbors have decided to get into the act.

I doubt this-but what if he isn't lying? Except the things he sees and hears may appear to be Sharon and Jay but it actually is one or more spirits just pretending to be them.(or not)
    Could be, Hox...but have you seen the guy on the Six Degrees of Helter Skelter video? Maybe I'm just cynical, but he seems completely out there. But you're right, there's always a chance he's not lying. I have very serious reservations about his supposed visitations though, at least with respect to them being the Manson victims.

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Could be, Hox...but have you seen the guy on the Six Degrees of Helter Skelter video? Maybe I'm just cynical, but he seems completely out there. But you're right, there's always a chance he's not lying. I have very serious reservations about his supposed visitations though, at least with respect to them being the Manson victims.

If you are being cynical,than so am I. I have trouble believing that
    it is true. Also, didn't the evp have Sharon in pain and distress?
    If this is fake,how horrid to have family members either hear it or hear about it. I am sure Sharon has friends still alive-how would they feel hearing it?

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Damn! I was hoping to spend my eternity haunting fabulous private resorts in the Caribbean!

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxyMillions View Post
    Damn! I was hoping to spend my eternity haunting fabulous private resorts in the Caribbean!