Thread: The Process Church Of the Final Judgement

The Process Church Of the Final Judgement

Formed in 1963 in London by two disenchanted Scientologists??Mary Ann MacLean, a former call girl from Glasgow, and Robert DeGrimston, a well-educated Englishman of more noble birth??the group made unauthorized use of Hubbard??s ??E-meter? to identify and exorcise compulsions and complexes. By 1966, the tightly knit group began to believe they were in touch with ??Higher Beings? and decamped to an abandoned salt mine in Xtul, Mexico, where the last-minute diversion of a powerful hurricane confirmed to the couple??s followers that they were indeed connected to divine forces.

http://www.artforum.com/diary/id=23921

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pro...Final_Judgment
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Nelliebean Guest

Ms. K Guest
    I have a first edition copy of Ed Sanders' "The Family", and he describes the Processeans in his book. Before they sued him and he had to edit for the new edition.

They are coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs. No question about it.

I don't know if it was in The Family or Helter Skelter, but the author stated that Charles Manson may have had ties with The Process. (It could also have been a book by Maury Terry that I read years ago. I can't remember the title and just recalled the author. He tried to tie The Process et al in a conspiracy with David Birkowitz (sp), Manson, and some others. It was fascinating, but I didn't completely buy it.

Edit: It was The Ultimate Evil. I ordered it from amazon.com to scare myself shitless again.
    Last edited by cindyt; 10-15-2009 at 01:25 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The Process Church of The Final Judgment
    Wow, what a totally righteous name for a church!

Can you imagine having to play against them in your church softball league?

So Pastor Bob, who do we play next week?
    Emm let me see . . . it says here we're hosting the First PCFJ.
    PCFJ?
    Yeah, the Process Church of The Final Judgment
    Oh, I just remembered . . . we're visiting my mother-in-law next week, guess you'll have to count me out.