Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Layne Staley 2

HappyCat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wdhebert View Post
    I think maybe we shouldn't think of it like "Mike Starr ran out on Layne." We were not there. We got second-hand information from eMetal and she made it sound nasty and malicious. What if Layne made Mike promise to not get help? With Mike being on Celebrity Rehab, we are getting first-hand information for the first time. Hopefully we'll get some real answers.
    I don't think he "ran out" on Layne. I think they were both probably so messed up on the drugs that Mike might not have really had a clear understanding as to how severe Layne's situation was. It's just so sad no matter how you look at it. I also wonder if Mike has some guilt that just eats him up when he is clean and getting high is his way to put that guilt aside. I agree, some real answers would be great. For example, I would love to know all the details of the final hours he spent with Layne.

EMetal story or not - we pretty much now know a piece of the puzzle that was missing, from Starrs own mouth. Layne didn't want to be saved anyway and drugs do make you selfish, but I don't know that I could just leave my "Best Friend" for dead and black out for two weeks. I dunno ~ thats just me. Starr has many many demons to fight and I don't think Dr. Drew is gonna be able to "cure" them.
    My Posse's On Broadway

hoxharding Guest
    Layne's Mother is to be on the next season of 'Celebrity Rehab'

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Oh brother. Can't wait to see what, if anything, she has to say about Layne. She strikes me as being in an alternate reality. Such denial. And, why won't she release his last pic already?!

Quote Originally Posted by wdhebert View Post
    I think maybe we shouldn't think of it like "Mike Starr ran out on Layne." We were not there. We got second-hand information from eMetal and she made it sound nasty and malicious. What if Layne made Mike promise to not get help? With Mike being on Celebrity Rehab, we are getting first-hand information for the first time. Hopefully we'll get some real answers.
    While I was searching VH1 to check to see when Nancy McCallum was going to be on, I came across this from an interview with him shortly before he died.:

"I know I'm dying," he rasped through missing teeth. "I'm not doing well. Don't try to talk about this to my sister Liz. She will know it sooner or later."

Staley, suffering from fever and nausea, told Rubio that his need for heroin was all-consuming, even though the effects of the drug were no longer enjoyable. He added that smack had completely ravaged his system and left him empty and filled with regrets.

"This f---ing drug use is like the insulin a diabetic needs to survive," he said. "I'm not using drugs to get high like many people think. I know I made a big mistake when I started using this sh--. It's a very difficult thing to explain. My liver is not functioning and I'm throwing up all the time and sh---ing my pants. The pain is more than you can handle. It's the worst pain in the world. Dope sick hurts the entire body."

The most chilling passage of the interview reads like a suicide note.

"I know I'm near death," he said. "I did crack and heroin for years. I never wanted to end my life this way. I know I have no chance. It's too late. I never wanted [the public's] thumbs' up about this f---ing drug use. Don't try to contact any AIC (Alice in Chains) members. They are not my friends."
    It's from that Angry Chair book and taken from here: http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1470...n_chains.jhtml

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    Oh brother. Can't wait to see what, if anything, she has to say about Layne. She strikes me as being in an alternate reality. Such denial. And, why won't she release his last pic already?!
    Like a final photo of him alive, or the body photo? The body photo would be horrendous. That's one I wouldn't look out.

Well, maybe I'd look. Once or twice.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

I think they're referring to a picture of him with his nephew right after the nephew was born. It's supposedly the last photo taken of him and Nancy has said (I've heard) that she will never release it.

So why is she going to be on Celebrity Rehab? She's not a celebrity. Is she an addict? If so, what is she addicted to?

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mdespain38 View Post
    I think they're referring to a picture of him with his nephew right after the nephew was born. It's supposedly the last photo taken of him and Nancy has said (I've heard) that she will never release it.

So why is she going to be on Celebrity Rehab? She's not a celebrity. Is she an addict? If so, what is she addicted to?
    I don't know-but Dr. Drew confirmed she will be on the show.
    Ok-read it incorrectly-here is the Twitter-she will be on this season

RT @Shelli1964: @drdrew Heard a rumor that Layne Staley's mom is going to be on CelebrityRehab this season. Is that true?---Absolutely true

very interesting. I'll be watching.

I'm sorry, but I just find that amusing. How is she gonna help? By telling everyone how "clueless" she was and "how she tried to help"? I call Bullshit. If she REALLY wanted to help addicts, she would show that last pic of him with his nephew ~ and release the last pics of a crusty corpse on a couch surrounded by his lethal killer, showing where drugs can leave you, no matter or rich or talented you are.

It's kinda like that video they released in France(?) of the teenage girl texting while driving ~ you know the one where she killed all her friends and it showed it in slow motion? That video put shit in perspective to the 100th power, all my daughter and I could do was sit there with our mouths and eyes wide open. You could see there with your own eyes what could and can happen if you text and drive, it has made me stop and think, thats for sure.

With Layne, before and after pics of what drug use can do to a person would be just as effective. I mean we have seen a few and were like DAMN GINA, but obviously there are worse ones and I can't see a better way to show someone how drugs can ruin everything about you.
    My Posse's On Broadway

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just find that amusing. How is she gonna help? By telling everyone how "clueless" she was and "how she tried to help"? I call Bullshit. If she REALLY wanted to help addicts, she would show that last pic of him with his nephew ~ and release the last pics of a crusty corpse on a couch surrounded by his lethal killer, showing where drugs can leave you, no matter or rich or talented you are.

It's kinda like that video they released in France(?) of the teenage girl texting while driving ~ you know the one where she killed all her friends and it showed it in slow motion? That video put shit in perspective to the 100th power, all my daughter and I could do was sit there with our mouths and eyes wide open. You could see there with your own eyes what could and can happen if you text and drive, it has made me stop and think, thats for sure.

With Layne, before and after pics of what drug use can do to a person would be just as effective. I mean we have seen a few and were like DAMN GINA, but obviously there are worse ones and I can't see a better way to show someone how drugs can ruin everything about you.

I really don't know unless it is to confront Mike about his actions. I will sound like a cynic,but perhaps to get more viewers to tune in when they find out she will be on. Just like putting Heidi and Tom together in the same rehab. That sort of thing-for the drama and ratings.

HappyCat Guest
    I really don't know unless it is to confront Mike about his actions. I will sound like a cynic,but perhaps to get more viewers to tune in when they find out she will be on. Just like putting Heidi and Tom together in the same rehab. That sort of thing-for the drama and ratings.
    Sadly, I think it is more for ratings than it is for her to help Mike or for Mike to give her some details of Layne's last days. I can't really see the purpose either. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I will be watching though, that's for sure.

But it says she's going to be on next season. Mike is on this season. Unless he's coming back like some of them do. IDK. I'm very intrigued.

I agree. Putting Sizemore and Fleiss in the same rehab is like putting a lit match next to a bomb. It's not conducive to healing, but I don't think those shows are about healing. They're about ratings.

Good point! Of course, we all saw those Blood on the Highway videos on SADD day in school, and countless people I know still drove drunk.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

kandykisses Guest

I don't think that would help anybody. Ozzy Osbourn is a walking talking live action don't do drugs or this could happen to you ad and it hasn't stopped anyone. The countless deaths by drug overdoses don't stop anyone because people especially kids don't think they will ever be the one the bullet hits. As long as there is a mind altering chemical-there will be people who take it and risk death to take it. That's human nature and it's life and it's sad-but it's the way people are.

Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    I don't think that would help anybody. Ozzy Osbourn is a walking talking live action don't do drugs or this could happen to you ad and it hasn't stopped anyone. The countless deaths by drug overdoses don't stop anyone because people especially kids don't think they will ever be the one the bullet hits. As long as there is a mind altering chemical-there will be people who take it and risk death to take it. That's human nature and it's life and it's sad-but it's the way people are.
    Word.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

SheJay,

You crack me up. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn Gina! I haven't heard that one in a long time. And, yes -- I was referring to Layne's last living picture with his nephew. Although, I wouldn't blink twice about the thought of seeing the death photos and the death scene. I imagine his apartment was close to being condemned when they found him.

I think Staley's final (and absolute final) pics would be a better deterrent than the addle-brained Osbourne who's still walking and talking. A bit more of a traffic stopper, imo. And I think more younger folks would identify with Staley than they probably would with someone of Ozzy's generation. He's got that 'funny old grandpa' thing about him now too. So it's easy for kids to write off some of what he says and I think they do. A decomposing Staley doesn't need to say a word to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by KCBee View Post
    SheJay,

You crack me up. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn Gina! I haven't heard that one in a long time. And, yes -- I was referring to Layne's last living picture with his nephew. Although, I wouldn't blink twice about the thought of seeing the death photos and the death scene. I imagine his apartment was close to being condemned when they found him.
    I believe Hazmat or someone like that had to come in & clean. Of course when you have a body that's been dead for 2 weeks there's no telling what kind of stuff was in the air. It's really sad to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    I think Staley's final (and absolute final) pics would be a better deterrent than the addle-brained Osbourne who's still walking and talking. A bit more of a traffic stopper, imo. And I think more younger folks would identify with Staley than they probably would with someone of Ozzy's generation. He's got that 'funny old grandpa' thing about him now too. So it's easy for kids to write off some of what he says and I think they do. A decomposing Staley doesn't need to say a word to be taken seriously.

Amen - Ozzy is just comical, I mean seriously he is! LOL! You are so right that the fact that he is still walking, living and breathing is a miracle, not much of a "Just Say No" campaign. I say the more graphic the better. Bring on the side by side comparisons. Healthy Layne Slide A - Crusty Layne Slide B. Of course the Hag in me has always wanted to see Slide B.

As far as the old SADD videos we saw in school, they are nothing compared to what is out there now. A little more gruesome reality, which I think is wonderful. If they are going to OD our TV with BS reality shows than we should also get to see the REAL reality shock clips.

On a sad note - I venture to say the "stars" do get paid for being on the show. I remember the episode where that Mtv Joey dude got pissed cause his baby mama was asking him about the checks for the show. If that is the case, I hope she is doing it for the right reason.

I can't see her confronting Mike Starr ~ seriously, does she want to start pointing fingers now? I mean negligence is everywhere. I have said it before and I will say it again, I dont think she had the relationship she puts out there with Layne. If so, I don't see how a Mother can let her son slowly commit suicide and do anything. Knocking on a door is not the only option. Hell, Jail woulda been better for him than where he was and what he was doing. Nonetheless, sad loss of a once beautiful and talented man.
    My Posse's On Broadway

kandykisses Guest
    If you want it to be relevant to kids I guess we need an overdose by Miley cyrus, paris hilton or the Jo bros. Layne was 30 something when he died and would be in his 40's if he was still alive. To anyone under 18 that's old. MY point is it doesn't matter who you put up as a poster child for not doing drugs-kids won't listen and will do drugs as long as they can get their hands on them. Heck they think it would be cool to die young-leave a good looking corpse- our whole society is 2 faced-1 side is don't do drugs they are bad/unless you are rich and famous and then it makes you cool. Layne living-overcoming his addiction-would probably have been the best no drug message he could have ever left. It is a tragedy he knew they were killing him and he still didn't stop. It would actually be great if part of his legacy would be to scare kids straight off drugs. maybe even 1 or two people will read about him and go get help.

I can't see her confronting Mike Starr ~ seriously, does she want to start pointing fingers now? I mean negligence is everywhere. I have said it before and I will say it again, I dont think she had the relationship she puts out there with Layne. If so, I don't see how a Mother can let her son slowly commit suicide and do anything. Knocking on a door is not the only option. Hell, Jail woulda been better for him than where he was and what he was doing. Nonetheless, sad loss of a once beautiful and talented man.
    I agree. I don't think they had a great mother/son relationship and I don't understand her not doing more to help him. And maybe she did things none of us know about, I don't know. I would like to think that I could've done more for my child than she did for Layne. Of course, until I'm put in that situation I'll never really know.

kandykisses Guest
    Drugs alter you -especially the kind Layne was taking-in ways no one can imagine. Had someone got to Layne before he got into the heavy drugs-interventions may have helped. Once you take what he was-you are never the same person. For some people they get set on a self destructive path and no one-not even them can stop them. My mom had a best friend-who's daughter dated 1 guy who got her into drugs-that girl went from being the sweetest person you'd ever met to a hatefilled drug addict who will do anything for drugs and they tried everything-all kinds of rehabs, getting her arrested to try to make her dry out-they took her across the country from Ca to Maine to get her help.

Layne's mom probably tried what she could-maybe she did fail to do all she could -but she and everybody who cared for Layne were up against a monster as far as getting him free.

That is the horrible thing about mind altering substances-Once it is in you-there is no way to predict how you will react-or if you will survive it. Every hit is like playing Russian Roulette.

It would actually be great if part of his legacy would be to scare kids straight off drugs.
    Whatever works, I agree.

Still wanna see Slide B...... =)
    My Posse's On Broadway

HappyCat Guest
    Still wanna see Slide B...... =)
    Me too!

Me three!

kandykisses Guest
    Of course everybody wants to see it. If we didn't would we be here?

I don't want to see it and I'm here.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I don't want to see it and I'm here.
    Ditto.

People dont do drugs to imitate stars graphic representations of of death presented to addicts whether htey are of some useless pop culture idol revered religious icon or close relationship projecting images of your robot mom clone who drowned swimming through a flashflood birthing while ejecting small portions of afterbirth periodically as a continuing deterrent to flashflooded river pirrhannas as to escape to the seeming safety of a shore swelling with firemen and ems technicians turn out to be momraping satanists gathered on a flooded riverbank to eat a wet pirrhanna nipped baby for the Festival of The Bloody Babyfish Flood yet she is an advanced triple Stan Jesus Satan spy agent and you are the real horus archetype and your mom is divinely rapeproof so she shoves you up her immaculate vaginer canal (whose ethereal antiseptic virginity cleanses your fish nips except for that troublesom spot on your heel and your side) and transforms into Ishtar Athena and her Jean Paul Gautier designed breastplate goes all Tetsuo Iron Bitch and consumes her body while she drills her way through armies of flesh and you have to astrally project your ich into the body of a drug dealer 70,000 centuries later so you can sell your momma a hotshot so that she overdoses dies and shits you out of her pussy so your 70 thousand century old spirit ass can observe her death and do drugs regardless of the epochal tale serving as a recombinant expression of the fallacy of human endevoar every things that satisfies us ultimately kills us the live a hundred years as a dead man or die living breathing expression of A Dam at 27? Was 27 earthly cycles of Sol the natural limitation of our existance as defined by our creators from the 12th planet? Is the cultural belief in the afterlife just an expression of jelousy that they denied us immortality when they created us as slave labourers. Is biblical revelation and rapture a mind control attempt at a weakened patriarchal mentor to persuade us to accept death hence commit suicide by accepting otherwordly manipulated selfdestruction? Does the story of Jesus dying for our sins so we may be forgiven make any more sense? What the fuck is everbody talking about?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zA7nukoZA
    Blah I've lost my train of thought!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

(Psst! Staley + drugs = dead...that thingy)

(Psst! Staley + drugs = dead...that thingy)
    That makes much sense. Ill try to keep that in mind.
    Smooches!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Tune in Tokyo - Tune in Tokyo.....
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    People dont do drugs to imitate stars graphic representations of of death presented to addicts whether htey are of some useless pop culture idol revered religious icon or close relationship projecting images of your robot mom clone who drowned swimming through a flashflood birthing while ejecting small portions of afterbirth periodically as a continuing deterrent to flashflooded river pirrhannas as to escape to the seeming safety of a shore swelling with firemen and ems technicians turn out to be momraping satanists gathered on a flooded riverbank to eat a wet pirrhanna nipped baby for the Festival of The Bloody Babyfish Flood yet she is an advanced triple Stan Jesus Satan spy agent and you are the real horus archetype and your mom is divinely rapeproof so she shoves you up her immaculate vaginer canal (whose ethereal antiseptic virginity cleanses your fish nips except for that troublesom spot on your heel and your side) and transforms into Ishtar Athena and her Jean Paul Gautier designed breastplate goes all Tetsuo Iron Bitch and consumes her body while she drills her way through armies of flesh and you have to astrally project your ich into the body of a drug dealer 70,000 centuries later so you can sell your momma a hotshot so that she overdoses dies and shits you out of her pussy so your 70 thousand century old spirit ass can observe her death and do drugs regardless of the epochal tale serving as a recombinant expression of the fallacy of human endevoar every things that satisfies us ultimately kills us the live a hundred years as a dead man or die living breathing expression of A Dam at 27? Was 27 earthly cycles of Sol the natural limitation of our existance as defined by our creators from the 12th planet? Is the cultural belief in the afterlife just an expression of jelousy that they denied us immortality when they created us as slave labourers. Is biblical revelation and rapture a mind control attempt at a weakened patriarchal mentor to persuade us to accept death hence commit suicide by accepting otherwordly manipulated selfdestruction? Does the story of Jesus dying for our sins so we may be forgiven make any more sense? What the fuck is everbody talking about?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zA7nukoZA

Ich m'dear, you get a cookie for having the most run-on sentences in a single post!

I don't hardly ever listen to AIC anymore, but when my stepbrother (no longer my stepbro, but still a very dear friend,) got his walking papers to Iraq I played this song a lot. Before he was called up, he went snowboarding (with no snow) down a big pile of dirt, hit a tree root, broke his ankle, walked around on his swollen, horribly purple ankle for a few days, finally got it set, and then cut the cast off after two weeks because it itched.

It kept him out of the war. Thank God for snowboards and dirt piles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD7WCfa6a7I

- R.H. Sin

Inthenutshell Guest

Smile

Hi everybody =)
    I would like to make a Layne Staley poster ! so, if someone has some nice and high quality shots of layne , it would be very cool to send them to me..

THANKS .

Previews for next weeks Celeb Rehab show Mike talking about Layne shooting him up and Nancy is there talking to the group.

Ooooh...I wonder if Nancy will confront Mike?

If anybody remembers waaaaaaaaaaaaay back to the first Layne thread, someone emailed Nancy about Layne and Mike Starr's friendship and all the questions surrounding Layne's death -- like was Mike there? Nancy pretty much denied that there was any truth to Mike being there and she also made it seem like she was the only one that knew truth about Layne.

It will be really interesting to see if there is any conflict between Mike and Nancy -- since Nancy goes out of her way to dispel the negative stuff out there about Layne.

I sooooooooo want Mike to write a tell-all book and share any photos he has of Layne. Especially the lost years towards the end of his life.

I don't know what will take place but I can't wait for next week's show. In the preview while Nancy was talking Mike was visibly upset. I also wish someone would write a credible book about Layne.

Who do you feel is qualified to write a book on him (besides his mother) and would meet his fanbase's credibility standards? Have any of those people been approached? If so, what was their answer? If not, why not?

I don't really know who would be qualified. I'm just not sure we would get a true picture of him from his mother. Maybe someone who didn't know him but could get interviews with all the pertinent people. That way it wouldn't be biased as to the writer's own feelings of him.

At one time there was supposed a movie in the works about Layne but I don't know who wrote it or what the status of that is.

wdhebert Guest
    I don't really know who would be qualified. I'm just not sure we would get a true picture of him from his mother. Maybe someone who didn't know him but could get interviews with all the pertinent people. That way it wouldn't be biased as to the writer's own feelings of him.
    I agree that an unbiased writer would be best, but I think Rubio has already destroyed that ship for anyone else to sail. I would really like to hear Jerry Cantrell's version of his life with Layne. I think he would have a lot to say regarding the good, the bad and everything else in between.

I agree Whit but I don't think Jerry will ever tell.

I don't really think Jerry knows everything. He wasn't with Layne during his darkest hours -- at least that is the impression I get.

If you want the real details of "the lost years", you'd probably have to get in touch with some of the people Layne was heavy into drugs with. Then again, they're probably dead or unreliable sources.

At one time there was supposed a movie in the works about Layne but I don't know who wrote it or what the status of that is.
    Yep, I remember that. Was there ever a working title on it? If so, it'd be easier to find info about it. Or maybe someone here knows the status?

Yep, I remember that. Was there ever a working title on it? If so, it'd be easier to find info about it. Or maybe someone here knows the status?
    I believe there was a title but damn if I can remember it. The only thing I remember right now is that Lathan McKay was supposed to play Layne.

OK I just googled Lathan & the movie was titled Get Born Again.
    Last edited by mdespain38; 02-12-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: add new info

Jill90210 Guest
    Charles Cross would be good, he did Heavier than Heaven but declines: “I loved Layne; he was a sweetheart and an underrated talent. However, I'm not sure I'm personally ready for that much darkness. Cobain was bad enough. I may write about Layne in the future in some form, but probably couldn't spend four years of my life in that box.”

I believe there was a title but damn if I can remember it. The only thing I remember right now is that Lathan McKay was supposed to play Layne.

OK I just googled Lathan & the movie was titled Get Born Again.
    A chick named Cara Mastrey says she is playing Demri in the Get Born Again movie about Staley. However, I'm not finding anything about her on imdb. I do see in several places though that she says she's a singer/songwriter/performer for over two decades. That's odd to me because I'd think they'd choose someone under 40 to play Demri (that is what she lists her own age at).

http://www.naymz.com/cara_mastrey_2302641
    Last edited by SomeChick; 02-12-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Added tidbit.

You know there was a guy, StoneTempleBret who used to post on here some that was interested in writing a book about Layne but I don't know what's happening with that.

Me either. Maybe he'll pop by with an update.