Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Layne Staley 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bassetlover09 View Post
    I agree. AIC just isn't AIC without Layne.
    It's great that people do get into Will and all
    But he just isn't for me. Layne had a voice like no other.
    Ooooh your avatar!

A friend of mine and I somehow started talking about AIC the other weekend, particularly about Dirt. I hadn't listened to it in YEARS, so I You Tube'd it when I got home. What a fucking great album. 'Rain When I Die' especially.

When I "played" bass, I tried to learn some of their songs, but I couldn't tune down that low and it was nothing but hammer on's.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

which picture are you talking about? thats my other favorite lead singer and my other favorite band thats the lead singer of Smile Empty Soul Sean Danielsen, AIC and SES are my two favorite bands and Layne Staley and Sean Danielsen are my two favorite singers
    Last edited by TeddyBear; 02-16-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Ooooh your avatar!

A friend of mine and I somehow started talking about AIC the other weekend, particularly about Dirt. I hadn't listened to it in YEARS, so I You Tube'd it when I got home. What a fucking great album. 'Rain When I Die' especially.

When I "played" bass, I tried to learn some of their songs, but I couldn't tune down that low and it was nothing but hammer on's.

LOL Nessa. Yeah I adore Eddie and he was a friend of Layne's. Dirt is a rockin album. And i was just listening to "Rain When I Die" yesterday. Mike's bass was like no other...thats for sure!

worlddies Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NoLayneNoChains View Post
    Mike Inez:
    There was one poignant moment for me. We were doing rehearsals at the Moore, and were getting ready to go out with Metallica on a couple of dates - a stadium tour. It became real apparent that we could not do this. So we pulled the plug on it. I don`t want to say what went on in the meeting, but when I was walking away from the Moore down the alley, it was raining. I turned around, and saw Layne walking down by himself, down the alley. When I looks back on it now, it`s the moment for me that everything turned around. I went, "Hmm, weˇre not healthy."

I've always been upset by this quote. You can just picture it, you know? Heartbreaking.

This quote sorta pisses me off. What does he mean by "WE'RE not healthy..." He means, "HE's not healthy."

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddies View Post
    This quote sorta pisses me off. What does he mean by "WE'RE not healthy..." He means, "HE's not healthy."
    This is something that has always bothered me too. It's as though he was being a bit condescending. Just something like an asshole would say.
    I always liked Mike Starr much better anyways.

You're making me look at that quote in a different way. I always assumed he was refererring to the band as a whole with "We". Since we don't know what went on in the meeting, I think it's really difficult to know what he was referring to as not being healthy.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Mike Inez is the nicest rock star you could ever meet, I have met him. He meant just what he said: The 'band' wasn't healthy. Inez only drank and smoked pot. Layne & Jerry had such bad addiction, he was telling the truth. "They" as a whole, were not healthy enough to continue that time.

I think the whole band was pretty much drug/alcohol users, some more than others. I don't think any of them have every denied that.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Sapphire Guest
    Hello all, I'm new to this forum and this 2nd thread about Layne, been reading the first one for months it seems... I started listening to AIC around '93. I'm glad to be here and I have learned alot about Layne.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Welcome Sapphire! I have learned alot about Layne here as well.

Yes, I guess I took the Mike Inez quote differently. I guess if he would've said what he said without watching Layne walk away would've been different. It was (to me) like he was directing his thoughts towards Layne. IDK.
    I preferred Mike Starr's style. I was reading somewhere that Layne always considered Starr one of his best friends-even after he left AIC.
    I just miss Layne.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    I think the whole band was pretty much drug/alcohol users, some more than others. I don't think any of them have every denied that.
    This is true Nessa.

Caffy Guest
    Yes, I guess I took the Mike Inez quote differently. I guess if he would've said what he said without watching Layne walk away would've been different. It was (to me) like he was directing his thoughts towards Layne. IDK.
    I have to agree with you Bassetlover and Worlddies too.

I took it that Mike Inez purposely said "we" only to NOT put the attention on Layne personally. Weren't the rest of them itching to go back on the road?

Please correct me if I'm wrong; but isn't the song, "Your Decision" based on this? I know what they (band) "say" the songs about, at least according to the video, but I'm speaking of their personal meaning behind this song.

13. 02-15-2011, 07:31 PM

I doubt Mike Inez meant to imply he thought only Layne was unhealthy. I understand that statement to mean all of them as a whole were unhealthy. Even thought I don't know any of the AIC member's personally and because I'm young they all seemed sweet and down to earth to to me from what I've read and seen. The only one I was under the impression was an ass was Jerry something about him being mean towards Layne, but I'm sure I misunderstood.

Caffy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FadingSunshine View Post
    I doubt Mike Inez meant to imply he thought only Layne was unhealthy. I understand that statement to mean all of them as a whole were unhealthy.
    Mike said that he wouldn't comment on what actually took place at the meeting. And, like you said, the band as a whole was not doing well. But I think that's WHY Mike said "we". I took that as the band was just not getting along together. The other guys were ready to tour. I can't remember which interview it was; but Susan Silver said that the band was offered a lot of money to get back on the road, but Layne refused.

I guess the part where Layne is walking all alone down the alley and the word "unhealthly" put an emphasis on certain underlying things that Mike was wise not to devulge. But, yeah, Mike IS a really nice guy. Always speaks well of Layne.

Alright as I said I obviously misunderstood and being young and not knowing much about Alice In Chains and Layne makes things harder to understand everything about them and the comments people make since you have to take a grain of salt with what someone says

Caffy Guest
    ...........you have to take a grain of salt with what someone says
    (what you said)...so true! No misunderstanding.

Nothing is completely 'clear', to anyone, unless you were one of the people in the room that day.

All discussion here is good.

okay good

zack Guest
    Heroin is the end.I have no sympathy on anyone who sticks a spike in their arm, unless for real medical reasons.(Diabetes).
    I hated grunge.hate the look.I hate the whole shabang associated with it."Yeah,Seattle Rocked.Man"....Junkie drag rag town USA.
    Give me a break.
    Watch The documentary "HYPE".
    Drinking and dressing warm was a necessity.As in all cold places.Shooting skag is a load of shite.
    Last edited by zack; 02-16-2011 at 10:16 PM.

While I don't condone shooting/snorting/whatever method with any drugs, I think a lot of people think they can handle the drugs in the beginning. Let's be honest, anyone who has done drugs of any kind will 9 times out of 10 tell you they're fun. They make you feel good - at first. Then the drugs start to take over. People try to stop, they might want to stop, but your brain actually STOPS producing chemicals needed to regulate a lot of body functions - mental, emotional, etc. When I was weaned off Paxil, which despite the 'non habit forming' ads, I was absolutely, positively, physiologically addicted to, I was sick for at least a month. Nausea, vomiting, vertigo, brain zaps, shaking, rage, uncontrollable sobbing, lack of concentration, a host of very, very unpleasant effects. I would go so far as to call it a horrifying experience. It was then that I began to empathize with addicts who want to stop. When your body is screaming for a drug - legal or illegal, bought on the street or prescribed - and you know that if you take that one shot, that one pill, that one drink, and you'll feel better, it takes incredible willpower to NOT do it. Some people have the strength. A lot of people don't.

As for the band, the new guy is very, very good, but the vocal play between Staley and Cantrell was kind of their signature sound, along with those big, booming bass lines and all that drop tuning. However, AC/DC and other bands have gone on with new singers and done very well.

And thank you, guys, for keeping this a sane, civil, respectful discussion. We appreciate it very much.

- R.H. Sin

While I don't condone shooting/snorting/whatever method with any drugs, I think a lot of people think they can handle the drugs in the beginning. Let's be honest, anyone who has done drugs of any kind will 9 times out of 10 tell you they're fun. They make you feel good - at first. Then the drugs start to take over. People try to stop, they might want to stop, but your brain actually STOPS producing chemicals needed to regulate a lot of body functions - mental, emotional, etc. When I was weaned off Paxil, which despite the 'non habit forming' ads, I was absolutely, positively, physiologically addicted to, I was sick for at least a month. Nausea, vomiting, vertigo, brain zaps, shaking, rage, uncontrollable sobbing, lack of concentration, a host of very, very unpleasant effects. I would go so far as to call it a horrifying experience. It was then that I began to empathize with addicts who want to stop. When your body is screaming for a drug - legal or illegal, bought on the street or prescribed - and you know that if you take that one shot, that one pill, that one drink, and you'll feel better, it takes incredible willpower to NOT do it. Some people have the strength. A lot of people don't.

As for the band, the new guy is very, very good, but the vocal play between Staley and Cantrell was kind of their signature sound, along with those big, booming bass lines and all that drop tuning. However, AC/DC and other bands have gone on with new singers and done very well.

And thank you, guys, for keeping this a sane, civil, respectful discussion. We appreciate it very much.
    Yeah. If I could have a ciggy right now I would feel awesome. Not long ago I had to go to the ER because of a very painful infection. They gave me a push of morphine. WOW Weeeee. Stoneville, Hello! Talking about a RUSH. I said "Am I suppose to feel like this?" High as a Georgia pine, baby. The nurse laughed and said it would pass. It did, and I found out I could never be a junkie because I do not like that buzz, no, uh uh. I like feeling normal.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest

Me too, Nessa!! I went thru horrible withdrawal with Paxil...for about a month. It turned me zombie like, so I decided to come off of it. I had these terrible electric current feeling throughout my body and head . Not fun. And yes, I loved how they said non-habit forming!! They are soooooo very wrong.

It is easy to be unsympathetic when you have never had an addiction to anything. Your brain really is totally rewired when you are addicted. And yes...drugs are fun. Until they take over.

I am sure that Layne would have rather had his life, talent and fame than die the agonizing death he did. Hell, I'd like to have my house and cars and all my belongings back. But I am glad I am alive.

Thanks Nessa and cindyt for sharing your stories.

I've never done any kind of drugs but I still feel sympathy for Layne

Winslow Guest
    Mike Starr -- the former bassist for Alice In Chains -- was busted for alleged drug possession in Salt Lake City

http://www.tmz.com/

Bassetlover09 Guest

Oh my gosh Nessa~this is exactly what I went through when I came off Paxil. It was the worst feeling I've ever had in my life. I felt like i had the worst flu ten times over-and it lasted for over a month. Brain zaps were horrible. I never want to go through that again. However, I am taking Zoloft now and if i ever come off of it-i just wonder if it will do the same thing.

I can't be critical of Layne. As said in the above posts-I don't think you can really be objective about drugs unless you have tried them yourself. My brother has been an addict for 10 years now. As a matter of fact..Mad Season's "Wake Up" reminds me of Layne-and my brother. Drugs have a pull like nothing in this world.

The drugs start turning against you after awhile(from what i've heard from Layne and other addicts) and you basically are stuck in this downward spiral.

Caffy Guest

Wow....very, very well said! When I first read this; I thought, why post just to say how good this was; but after reading everyone's comments, I changed my mind. Everyone has such touching and heartfelt words on here. Agreed...thanks for sharing (to all). It really helps reading other people's experiences. (good & bad)

zack Guest
    Thanks Nessa and Caffy.
    I want clarify my misues of words.Of course I have sympathy and compassion for anyone going through any addiction.It is awful.I hate what is going on with tons of folks with opiate addiction,be it through prescription pills which can lead to street skag.I have seen it firsthand.Heroin is cheaper than a six-pack in lots of areas in the states,of which I can only speak of.I hate to think of kids using smack.It's evil.Every paper,in all towns has obituaries alarmingly showing kids who died
    "unexpectantly".

I love Layne Staley very much though I should say that I love him as much as I can since I didn't and don't know him personally and I feel quite on the outside since I have never battled an addiction like Heroin or any addiction for that matter but I suppose that is stupid to say since it's probably good that I never have since it is so horrible body, mind, emotionally, and soul changing and I'm sure that is also wears a person down
    Last edited by TeddyBear; 02-19-2011 at 09:23 AM.

What color were Layne's eyes? When I look at different pictures of him I swear his eye color changes I'm probably just crazy, and I was also curious about I thought I saw an interview from this thread somewhere of Layne and Jerry discussing their EP "Sap" I thought I saw someone comment that how the cup Layne was drinking out of Jerry ashed in it and knew that Layne was drinking from it I'm sure I'm wrong so anyway -.- since I've obviously rambled my question is was Jerry mean to Layne while they knew each other? I mean I know people can be mean to people they love and live with but I mean was Jerry mean to Layne unnecessarily?
    Last edited by TeddyBear; 02-20-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    What color were Layne's eyes? When I look at different pictures of him I swear his eye color changes I'm probably just crazy

Beautiful blue

Beautiful blue
    Okay thanks cause I swear they seem blue, and gray, and another color but I can't remember right now like one of the last pictures I think they show of a close up of him on a mazagine cover they look gray

Does anybody know if Layne said or stated what his favorite AIC song was?

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Well the drugs would have made his pupils either enlarge or get real small-and I believe it can make the eyes look a dull color in some lights. The heroin changes the eyes.

PinkRoses1015 Guest
    Hello friends! I am brand-spanking-new to the FAD forums (although I've read every story on FAD). I've been on a big AIC kick lately and in my travels, stumbled across this little gem! (I was 12 in '96, and remember my older brother who was 18 at the time making a huge deal about AIC doing an Unplugged and stayed up to watch with him, which he hated by the way, and really liked what I heard!!)

Sadly, I don't have anything new to say, it's all been said. I very much enjoy AIC, Layne, he was very handsome, seemed smart and funny, not to mention talented, etc... I read pages 1-47 of the first thread and I admit it, I totally gave up, so I cheated and came here (but you can't blame me, there's like 175 pages, and that amount of computer time takes more dedication than I have at the moment!)

I do have some questions/comments that I haven't seen/read. First, a comment. I know that there isn't anything you can do to help someone that doesn't want to be helped, and with more than just substance abuse, however, if it were someone I loved, I'm sorry, but heroin is illegal and I would just continually call the cops on your ass and have you arrested... have your dealers that bring the shit to your house arrested... and anyone that came there to do it with you arrested. It may or may not help, but I would just do it over and over... and when you stopped telling me where you lived, I'd find someone else that loved you and ask that they do the same. I understand its COMPLETELY selfish to keep someone alive only for yourself, but even if you ended up hating me with your entire being, I would still have to try, and even the small bouts of sobriety you had in jail would be better than nothing.

I know it's not that easy. And I know that it probably did get hard being around him when he made it clear he didn't want people there. And I read somewhere that when the police played back his answering machine, there were several messages from people trying to get a hold of him... and I know that he lived in a condo where he probably had to buzz you in before you could enter the building... I know there were obstacles, but someone should have tried harder. The someone shouldn't have had to of been the dude that balanced his checkbook once a month... (I know, easier said than done).

I also think that doing what you want to do at 34 should absolutely be allowed, but I also read a Layne quote once where he said something along the lines of 'people have the right to ask questions when what you're doing hurts people'... he was SMART... he knew that everyone that cared about him had a TOTAL right in doing so, but maybe those words were spoken before the drug use was irreversible... maybe they weren't and were said in one of those moments of clarity us humans stumble upon from time to time.

Layne's story is sad. But not only because it is 'over' (so to speak), or because it is a famous musician that is looked up to, even 15 years after his fame, but because it is like any other drug addict that has anything going for them. Layne's Moms comments to other rehab-ers (did I just make up a word?) regarding how you want a normal, boring, predictable life speak VOLUMES. It has to be said that at the end of the day, any drug user probably wishes that their current life isn't what it is, but then you pass out and wake up feening for the shit and the cycle stars over... YouTube the documentary 'Black Tar Heroin'... heartbreaking.

I'm kind of turning this into a loooooong post, but the only question I have on Layne, or should I say Layne-related, is did he still pretty much do everything for himself on a daily basis? (and the answers will probably most likely be speculations, since Im sure no one knows), but he HAD to eat while in 'hiding', otherwise he wouldnt have lived 6 WEEKS, let alone 6 YEARS... did he grocery shop, do his own laundry, buy his cat kitty-liter, take out garbage? It seems strange to me that the other people in his condo (which seems like a schnazzy place to live) were cool with heroin dealers roaming their halls...

Just a thought! And it's nice to meet you all!!

Well the drugs would have made his pupils either enlarge or get real small-and I believe it can make the eyes look a dull color in some lights. The heroin changes the eyes.
    Oh alright that might explain it

I was also curious about I thought I saw an interview from this thread somewhere of Layne and Jerry discussing their EP "Sap" I thought I saw someone comment that how the cup Layne was drinking out of Jerry ashed in it and knew that Layne was drinking from it I'm sure I'm wrong so anyway -.- since I've obviously rambled my question is was Jerry mean to Layne while they knew each other? I mean I know people can be mean to people they love and live with but I mean was Jerry mean to Layne unnecessarily?
    Does anyone have any idea about my earlier question? ^ up there

OMG!!!! I soooo feel your pain... I had all of that when I was "weaning" myself off of Effexor!!! Effexor is the devil to get off of and it would piss me off when I would explain the "nausea, vomiting, vertigo, brain zaps" to my doctor and he was like "REALLY"... I was like yeah F'n Really!!! They act like you are freaking making that shit up!!! They wanted to switch me to Paxil or Lexapro, but after reading up on them I was like hell to the no, they are Effexors evil twins. I have never tried "hard drugs", but I would tell my doctor that it feels like withdrawl from crack. If Effexor and others can do that to you, I can't even begin to think what heroin or crack detox is really like.

On the flip side I knew I did not want Effexor in my body. I thought to myself, if it's making me feel like this leaving what in the hell is it doing while it is in there? I pushed through and came out the other side, but it was hard. It comes back to the person having to really want to get well. We could have easily popped an Effexor or Paxil and got rid of those ticks, but we wanted to be away from it all.

I am now on Welbutrin and everything is just freakin' peachy...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
    Mike Starr -- the former bassist for Alice In Chains -- was busted for alleged drug possession in Salt Lake City

http://www.tmz.com/

UGhhhhh ~ that makes me so sad. When I saw him on Celebrity Rehab giving a pep talk to the new patients he look GREAT!! I was so happy for him and I even thought he looked kinda hot, WAY better than he did when he was on the show.

I hope this is just a set back and he can get back on the wagon quick!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    UGhhhhh ~ that makes me so sad. When I saw him on Celebrity Rehab giving a pep talk to the new patients he look GREAT!! I was so happy for him and I even thought he looked kinda hot, WAY better than he did when he was on the show.

I hope this is just a set back and he can get back on the wagon quick!

Me too Shejay!

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Does anyone have any idea about my earlier question? ^ up there

I've never read about anything Layne has said about what his favorite AIC song is. He did write several of their songs though.

Dirt was such a kickass album.

Alright I was just wondering

I know no one can know for sure but I was curious to ask/know if Layne believed in God? I can't remember if I've already read a conversation on that on this thread or not so I figured I'd throw that out there and see what kind of answers I'd get back and ask anyway

I was also curious about I thought I saw an interview from this thread somewhere of Layne and Jerry discussing their EP "Sap" I thought I saw someone comment that how the cup Layne was drinking out of Jerry ashed in it and knew that Layne was drinking from it I'm sure I'm wrong so anyway -.- since I've obviously rambled my question is was Jerry mean to Layne while they knew each other? I mean I know people can be mean to people they love and live with but I mean was Jerry mean to Layne unnecessarily?
    Does anyone have an answers or ideas about this? ^ I was just curious

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRoses1015 View Post
    Hello friends! I am brand-spanking-new to the FAD forums (although I've read every story on FAD). I've been on a big AIC kick lately and in my travels, stumbled across this little gem! (I was 12 in '96, and remember my older brother who was 18 at the time making a huge deal about AIC doing an Unplugged and stayed up to watch with him, which he hated by the way, and really liked what I heard!!)

Sadly, I don't have anything new to say, it's all been said. I very much enjoy AIC, Layne, he was very handsome, seemed smart and funny, not to mention talented, etc... I read pages 1-47 of the first thread and I admit it, I totally gave up, so I cheated and came here (but you can't blame me, there's like 175 pages, and that amount of computer time takes more dedication than I have at the moment!)

I do have some questions/comments that I haven't seen/read. First, a comment. I know that there isn't anything you can do to help someone that doesn't want to be helped, and with more than just substance abuse, however, if it were someone I loved, I'm sorry, but heroin is illegal and I would just continually call the cops on your ass and have you arrested... have your dealers that bring the shit to your house arrested... and anyone that came there to do it with you arrested. It may or may not help, but I would just do it over and over... and when you stopped telling me where you lived, I'd find someone else that loved you and ask that they do the same. I understand its COMPLETELY selfish to keep someone alive only for yourself, but even if you ended up hating me with your entire being, I would still have to try, and even the small bouts of sobriety you had in jail would be better than nothing.

I know it's not that easy. And I know that it probably did get hard being around him when he made it clear he didn't want people there. And I read somewhere that when the police played back his answering machine, there were several messages from people trying to get a hold of him... and I know that he lived in a condo where he probably had to buzz you in before you could enter the building... I know there were obstacles, but someone should have tried harder. The someone shouldn't have had to of been the dude that balanced his checkbook once a month... (I know, easier said than done).

I also think that doing what you want to do at 34 should absolutely be allowed, but I also read a Layne quote once where he said something along the lines of 'people have the right to ask questions when what you're doing hurts people'... he was SMART... he knew that everyone that cared about him had a TOTAL right in doing so, but maybe those words were spoken before the drug use was irreversible... maybe they weren't and were said in one of those moments of clarity us humans stumble upon from time to time.

Layne's story is sad. But not only because it is 'over' (so to speak), or because it is a famous musician that is looked up to, even 15 years after his fame, but because it is like any other drug addict that has anything going for them. Layne's Moms comments to other rehab-ers (did I just make up a word?) regarding how you want a normal, boring, predictable life speak VOLUMES. It has to be said that at the end of the day, any drug user probably wishes that their current life isn't what it is, but then you pass out and wake up feening for the shit and the cycle stars over... YouTube the documentary 'Black Tar Heroin'... heartbreaking.

I'm kind of turning this into a loooooong post, but the only question I have on Layne, or should I say Layne-related, is did he still pretty much do everything for himself on a daily basis? (and the answers will probably most likely be speculations, since Im sure no one knows), but he HAD to eat while in 'hiding', otherwise he wouldnt have lived 6 WEEKS, let alone 6 YEARS... did he grocery shop, do his own laundry, buy his cat kitty-liter, take out garbage? It seems strange to me that the other people in his condo (which seems like a schnazzy place to live) were cool with heroin dealers roaming their halls...

I totally agree with everyone you said and I'm curious about what you asked as well I just couldn't remember all the questions lol welcome to the forum

Bassetlover09 Guest
    I know no one can know for sure but I was curious to ask/know if Layne believed in God? I can't remember if I've already read a conversation on that on this thread or not so I figured I'd throw that out there and see what kind of answers I'd get back and ask anyway
    Yes he did.
    The song he sang with Ann Wilson of Heart "Ring them Bells"-it's absolutely beautiful. Great song to listen to if you haven't heard it.

Yes he did.
    The song he sang with Ann Wilson of Heart "Ring them Bells"-it's absolutely beautiful. Great song to listen to if you haven't heard it.
    Okay thanks again

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Does anyone have an answers or ideas about this? ^ I was just curious

Jerry definitely wasn't mean to Layne. Layne took Jerry in wayyy back and gave him a place to live. They were pretty close until the end when Layne started doing drugs so heavily. There are a couple of interviews on youtube of Jerry and Sean talking about Layne(a year or two ago) and Jerry actually tears up.
    Jerry also took in Layne's cat--Sadie--when Layne passed. Sadie just died in the later part of last year.
    And Jerry wrote a song about Layne--"Black gives way to Blue".
    They were close.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    ^^anytime!

Jerry definitely wasn't mean to Layne. Layne took Jerry in wayyy back and gave him a place to live. They were pretty close until the end when Layne started doing drugs so heavily. There are a couple of interviews on youtube of Jerry and Sean talking about Layne(a year or two ago) and Jerry actually tears up.
    Jerry also took in Layne's cat--Sadie--when Layne passed. Sadie just died in the later part of last year.
    And Jerry wrote a song about Layne--"Black gives way to Blue".
    They were close.
    Alright, thank you again lol

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Alright, thank you again lol

No problem.
    Layne is one of my favorite subjects!

Definitely listen to Ring Them Bells with him. I enjoy finding out new projects and songs that Layne had done.
    He was also an artist. He painted the cover of Mad Season's album cover.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRoses1015 View Post

Welcome! Glad to see another Layne admirer in here