Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1191

Thread: Layne Staley 2

AnonLG Guest
    Just came across this, thought I'd share...

To anyone who matters, that car was never Layneâ??s. While he placed the order for it, he wasn't around long enough to make it his. He barely fucking drove it. It's not the car that he was so stoked to be able to afford. Itâ??s not the car thatâ??s filled with memories and good times. All that fucking car is now is another way that Phil profited off of Layne. Fuck that. Itâ??s worthless.

AnonLG Guest
    Terrible that the strife between Nancy and the guys is so public. They've always kept their personal business between them and the "need to knows."

Hmmmm wonder what and how Layne would think and feel about this, seems the family have done ok financially after Layne passed according to the report and as much as i respect Nancy as Laynes Mum i think i agree with the remaining bandmates, sure she should get royalties from the music that's linked to Layne but AIC are in a new era now and think she's being a tad greedy that's just my opinion peace x

4. 05-14-2013, 07:00 PM

5. 05-14-2013, 07:05 PM

6. 05-14-2013, 07:06 PM

Wendy A. Guest
    IDK, I think she's due those royalties because Layne wrote some of those songs. Jerry Cantrell and his new AIC is going to be in town later this month and I wouldn't go if I was paid to go. And for the car and Laynes dad.... AGREE! Layne's dad is a POS and I partly blame him for Layne's inability to stay clean. He was never in Layne's life after Layne searched all those years, then suddenly re-appears after he becomes famous only to use him for money and drugs. He even bothered Layne to get him drugs while Layne was clean..What a POS. It made me sick to see his dad is going to be getting the money when that car sells. Poor guy is still being used even in death.

Wendy A. Guest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19_alice-in-chains.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	47387

MrsE1981 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post

Name:	19_alice-in-chains.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	47387
    *sigh* What a damn shame Alice In Chains came on my iPod today, I swear that man's voice nearly made me cry on the bus :'(

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsE1981 View Post
    *sigh* What a damn shame Alice In Chains came on my iPod today, I swear that man's voice nearly made me cry on the bus :'(
    I know, it really sucks! He had an awesome voice and personality to match. Gone too soon.

Name:	layne.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	47399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layne1.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	47400
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Until FAD, I had never heard of this guy. I gotta go do some reading.

scatterboo Guest

soo missed

I unfortunately discovered his voice much after his death....but is the best vocalist ...ever...imo...its nice to see people still keeping his memory alive...btw..he is fine too...!

I'd give anything to see what Layne would have looked like now if he'd lived probably healthy and still rocking the shades <3

Robotic Chick Guest
    So AIC brought out Phil Staley. Speechless.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzNxTdXr-14

Happy Birthday Layne! You are missed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "I just know I'm not the greatest power on this earth. I didn't create myself, because I would have done a hell of a better job." -Layne Staley

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotic Chick View Post
    So AIC brought out Phil Staley. Speechless.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzNxTdXr-14
    Happy Birthday Layne! And.... I've not been a fan of the new AIC, and this is a new low for them. His dad played a big part of Layne's downfall as Layne was cleaning up and all those years that piece of shit father of his was nowwhere to be found until Layne made it big.. and then he just used him. He still is in my opinion, as is Cantrell. Cantrell makes me sick anymore.

Happy birthday and R.I.P. You will always be one of the greatest.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Wendy A. Guest

Happy Birthday Layne always in my heart xxxx

this week on Paladia, they have a concert of Mad Season Live at the Moore Theater. I watched it. Layne was singing his ass off

Quote Originally Posted by candle11 View Post
    This is a nearly 2 year old post but I have to comment on here.

To the people who are angry that Mike didn't call 911 for Layne, are you aware that the same exact thing happened to Mike when he OD'd and Layne didn't call 911?

Mike was on Loveline years ago. He said Layne "saved his life" when he OD'd on heroin and was dead for 11 minutes. He awoke in the shower with Layne punching him in the face crying. Dr Drew stopped Mike and said that Layne did the absolute WRONG thing. He said that Mike's revival was just 'fate' because what Layne did is the exact opposite of what he should do when someone OD's. Instead of calling 911, he sat there for 11 minutes putting Mike in a shower and punching him. Drew also said putting him in water is also a no no.

My point is, Mike didn't call 911 for Layne. But Layne didn't call 911 when Mike had died in front of him for 11 minutes. The only difference was for some mysterious reason, Mike survived that incident where as Layne didn't. Either way, no one can be angry at Mike yet not be the same way towards Layne for what he did that could have resulted in Mike's death back in 1993.
    The problem with this story is that it all stems from the same, untrustworthy source-Mike. Sorry, don't believe a word that guy ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Layne's mom is suing the rest of the band saying they cut her out of royalties.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...ad-4507093.php

I'm interested to see how this pans out. So, the band reckon Layne's worth is $340,000!!! Ermm let's see..Layne owned
    the name-came up with it..May I suggest that AIC2 change their name, cease performing any songs that Layne worked on-which would be oooh about 50% of their back catalogue-for say, five years. Then see how much they earn and, say work out the difference.
    The point is that people know the name/brand AIC. I really don't think the shows would have been as successful if they had changed their name and only performed new material from the getgo.
    Cantrell has a nice new house now-I think he's a greedy so& so.

It was certainly sickening to see Layne's father up onstage with them-as this was done after Nancy had launched this action-I took it to be a deliberate insult to her from the band. We know also, despite what Cantrell has stated that they have not bothered to keep in touch with Nancy.

I have mixed feelings about how Nancy has behaved in the past-and not sure it should be just her and her ex getting Layne's royalties (think it should be his sister/nephew etc) but I just cannot believe the cheek of Jerry et al over this!
    You want to sever all ties with Nancy?-fine. Then give back what is rightfully Layne's-the band's name and his material.
    Last edited by Alice_Layne; 10-24-2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: removal of code

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Problem is that Layne only wrote 4 songs by himself...Jerry wrote the music on the rest Layne wrote lyrically. Cantrell has every right to perform a song he helped write. Layne's mom should get royalties on songs the band sings that belong to her son and partial on the ones he helped write. Problem is she want's 13% of the band's EVERYTHING. Concert revenue, band shirt and paraphernalia sales, song royalties whether Layne wrote them or not. That's wrong. And AIC continued on with the name WITH Nancy's blessing. She reneged. Nancy and Phil got everything of Layne's and continue to sell off Layne's belongings for even more. I mean....where is the line drawn? When Nancy picks up an instrument and writes a song, pays for studio time, performs a concert with AIC, then maybe she receives more, until then....NO WAY. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

25. 11-11-2013, 12:31 AM
    Reason
    dupe

Quote Originally Posted by sammyd20 View Post
    this week on Paladia, they have a concert of Mad Season Live at the Moore Theater. I watched it. Layne was singing his ass off
    I used to have that on VHS. He looked so sickly in it, like he was about to fall over. That was a good show though, and I really liked the album.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Robotic Chick Guest
    He honestly doesn't look that bad. he was coherent much better then Unplugged.

tomorrow is april 5th...
    even with kurt......
    can't forget about layne.
    God rest you, both of you.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20_85481723.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	50384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600full-layne-staley.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	50385
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

I hate today.
    RIP Layne

Name:	layne-02.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	50401 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layne-05.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	50403 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layne-01.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	50402
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

You're my Scarecrow Layne.

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Rest Peacefully, Lovely Layne! You are never forgotten!

Name:	layne legend.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	50405

Today i celebrate your life rather than your death, Forever in my heart Layne xx

Remembering Layne...
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Wendy A. Guest
    Gone too soon, you'll be forever missed.

35. 04-06-2014, 10:46 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

scatterboo Guest

we're tryin to see it was your way....

It makes me so sad...I have gchildren I play his music for...letting them hear and learn for themselves how great his music is...just by impressing to them how much I value it...they have become interested ...little fans...and when they are older for sure will not forget what it meant to me...and by then they will surely be old enuf to be moved ....passed down to another generation....I heard 'down in a hole", "nutshell" today...stirring something only he can do...rip..poet of pain...

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Beautiful sentiment, scatterboo! Welcome to the forum and the Layne 2 thread. I have some new pics to share with you guys! New to this forum anyway! <3

People always talk about Layne's father but everyone needs to remember that his girlfriend started living with him while he was trying to stay clean and she was still doing drugs so I'm sorry both her and his father played a big part in him sliding back into using, and I'm probably going to be disliked for this comment but though Kurt was talented and had a good personality I think Layne had so much more talent and more of a personality and things about him to offer and Alice In Chains was such a great band and always gets over shadowed because of Nirvana because they were much more commercially successful so the reason I'm saying this is because I think Alice In Chains deserved to be inducted into the Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame instead of Nirvana

I can't say who deserved to be inducted more. I liked both bands. I liked Nirvana for their simplicity, and I liked Alice In Chains for their complexity. I think both of them should have been inducted into R&R HOF.

40. 04-14-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    I can't say who deserved to be inducted more. I liked both bands. I liked Nirvana for their simplicity, and I liked Alice In Chains for their complexity. I think both of them should have been inducted into R&R HOF.
    Since they only inducted one I completely agree with you it's more fair to induct them both because they both impacted people's lives for good, touched so many people, and saved so many lives it's wrong that they only inducted Nirvana I don't hate Nirvana but what I've never understood was that even though Alice In Chains had so many fans why was it Nirvana only made commercial success was it due to the fact Layne and Jerry wrote song's about drug addiction?

I hate to say it, but this kind of reminds me of the Metallica vs. Megadeth argument back in the day. Both were great bands, back in the day, but people were downright brutal with each other arguing about it! People are going to like who they like, and that's that. There was stuff I liked and didn't like from Metallica, and there was stuff I liked and didn't like from Megadeth. But where the parallel stops is that the frontmen for Metallica and Megadeth are still alive. "Nu Chains" are just a band trying to go on without their frontman, and people either love or hate Foo Fighters.

scatterboo Guest
    I think Nirvana had/has more notoriety bcuz their sound was alot of "angst"..that the teens related to...most didnt relate to aic ..or the deep emotional pain that Layne sang and lived...
    at the time it may have been what was more commercial ...altho Kurt hated..he began something...Layne was much better vocally...you felt every word he said...and knew he felt it too...a voice..passion...and soul that ..still moves and stirs my being...he will be heard..

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    Alice in Chains aren't eligible for the RRHOF until 2015. Although, I am sure they will be overlooked, when they are eligible.

So I know there are people who just don't like, aren't interested in, or are totally against Alice in Chains v. 2.0, but I saw them play in Tulsa Friday night and they were fukkin amazing. The surviving members have played together so long they are completely, unassailably in the pocket with each other. Duvall was an excellent frontman and he has a fantastic voice. They brought out Jerry Cantrell's dad before they played "Rooster", and the Kinney's bass drum said, "LSMS", which I thought you all would appreciate. It was maybe the best rock show I've ever seen.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

In a Sea of Sorrow Guest
    YESSSS!! Nessa, they are fantastic. I love love love these guys, and anyone who says they don't have the right to soldier on, make music, sing songs they wrote and make some cash doing it, is either ignorant or up Nancy's ass. They are brilliant, and have such a sacred, brotherly bond with each other, well...seeing them perform takes me to another place. Thanks for the comments and i coujldn't agree more with your assessment, having seen them myself many. many times and will again on May 17, in Cincy!

jealous..

Weren't they great, Inasea? I was floored! RiotBoots they are a must see, so worth the ticket money!

- R.H. Sin

candle11 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
    Since they only inducted one I completely agree with you it's more fair to induct them both because they both impacted people's lives for good, touched so many people, and saved so many lives it's wrong that they only inducted Nirvana I don't hate Nirvana but what I've never understood was that even though Alice In Chains had so many fans why was it Nirvana only made commercial success was it due to the fact Layne and Jerry wrote song's about drug addiction?
    No. It is quite easy to see why Nirvana made it bigger than the rest. And it was due to Kurt's Beatle-y songwriting style.

He wrote simple, relatively short songs with pop hooks hidden under loud guitars. So even if you didn't like rock music, you found yourself liking Nirvana songs because of the catchy pop melodies in each song.

AIC's songs were more complex in terms of structure, longer and I'd say all around heavier. A lot of their songs were not songs the average pop radio listener would be into.

Nirvana= Simple great melodies that get caught in your head fast

AIC- Darker, heavier more complex songwriting structure
    Last edited by candle11; 05-14-2014 at 08:20 PM.

AIC > Nirvana....
    My Posse's On Broadway

candle11 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    tomorrow is april 5th...
    even with kurt......
    can't forget about layne.
    God rest you, both of you.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20_85481723.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	50384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	600full-layne-staley.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	50385

Haha love your avie

"Then why are you here??" lmao

Wendy A. Guest
    Gee Courtney, really? Thanks for the fuckin' clue! lol (Sarcasm)
    http://www.music-news.com/ShowNews.asp?nItemID=79700

watched Pearl Jam 20 on Paladia. 20th anniversary for them. Showed several back stage videos. Saw Layne in several with Ann Wilson and his bad ass long goatee and a couple other at Pearl Jam studio sessions. Was not expecting that and have never seen them before so it was kinda cool. Eddie Vedder is bad ass, but Layne is better IMHO

scatterboo Guest
    but Layne is better

no question!!

Quote Originally Posted by candle11 View Post
    No. It is quite easy to see why Nirvana made it bigger than the rest. And it was due to Kurt's Beatle-y songwriting style.

He wrote simple, relatively short songs with pop hooks hidden under loud guitars. So even if you didn't like rock music, you found yourself liking Nirvana songs because of the catchy pop melodies in each song.

AIC's songs were more complex in terms of structure, longer and I'd say all around heavier. A lot of their songs were not songs the average pop radio listener would be into.

Nirvana= Simple great melodies that get caught in your head fast

AIC- Darker, heavier more complex songwriting structure
    Okay yeah that makes sense now thank you

scatterboo Guest
    maybe theres a petition or something we could start to send to the RRHF..to bombard them with the loyalty of his (Layne) fans...but then again it may make no difference..but worth a try